Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

scrapbookjulie Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:58:53 AM(UTC)
scrapbookjulie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wondered if anybody has any suggestions for me or similar experience with their machines. I'm having serious power problems. I tried turning the machine on last week. Nothing. I noticed the green light was out on the cord, so I ordered a new power cord. I plugged in the new cord today. Green light came on. Machine started right up. Was able to cut 2 images. Tried to cut a third. Machine powered off and immediately back on mid-cut. Tried that cut again. Same response from machine...started to cut, powered off and back on. I unplugged machine and searched this board for some ideas. Then I went back upstairs so I could try trouble shooting: different mat, using print and cut instead of cut only mode, different cartridge. I wasn't able to troubleshoot, though, because when I went to put the cord in outlet #1, it sparked a bit. Moved over to the next outlet, and it sparked again. Decided not to mess with it until I asked if anyone has had any similar power problems! Obviously something must be going on to short out the first power cord and now cause these problems. I haven't updated imagine in forever because it's always so risky and such a hassle. I don't use it with my gypsy or with CCR, if any of that info matters! Thanks for any suggestions.

Julie
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:01:43 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapbookjulie Go to Quoted Post
Wondered if anybody has any suggestions for me or similar experience with their machines. I'm having serious power problems. I tried turning the machine on last week. Nothing. I noticed the green light was out on the cord, so I ordered a new power cord. I plugged in the new cord today. Green light came on. Machine started right up. Was able to cut 2 images. Tried to cut a third. Machine powered off and immediately back on mid-cut. Tried that cut again. Same response from machine...started to cut, powered off and back on. I unplugged machine and searched this board for some ideas. Then I went back upstairs so I could try trouble shooting: different mat, using print and cut instead of cut only mode, different cartridge. I wasn't able to troubleshoot, though, because when I went to put the cord in outlet #1, it sparked a bit. Moved over to the next outlet, and it sparked again. Decided not to mess with it until I asked if anyone has had any similar power problems! Obviously something must be going on to short out the first power cord and now cause these problems. I haven't updated imagine in forever because it's always so risky and such a hassle. I don't use it with my gypsy or with CCR, if any of that info matters! Thanks for any suggestions.

Julie

Julie- Please call customer service at 877-7cricut. We would be very happy to help you with the issue you have described above! We are available 7-6 MST Monday through Friday.
-PCGena
Khrista Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:52:51 AM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Definitely don't plug that back in until you talk to PC. There have been some others that have had a smoking cord etc. Very few that I've seen thankfully.