Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Nathan Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:47:43 PM(UTC)
Nathan

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1762 time(s) in 76 post(s)
We have received several queries from our Cricut® users regarding the future of the Cricut Imagine® and Cricut Cake® machines manufactured by Provo Craft. Based on market demand, we have ceased any additional manufacturing of the current model of these products.

You will find a limited supply of Cricut Cake Mini machines at JoAnn’s, Wal-Mart Canada and online retailers. You will find Cricut Cake Cartridges at most of your local and online retailers. Cricut Cake cartridges can be used in all Cricut machines.

Many of you have also inquired if we plan to create future models of the Cricut Imagine machine. We have received some great feedback from our customers on how to improve the machine – however, we cannot comment on future products at this time. We are very committed to all the customers who have purchased the Cricut Imagine machine and will continue to support current users with ink and content. You are able to find many cartridge offers at Michael’s, JoAnn’s, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, Amazon.com and a full line of product at Cricut.com as well as purchase compatible HP inks that will work with your machine (Tri-color: 97, 134, 344 Black: 98, 129, 377).

We will continue to support the Cricut Imagine machine as it was designed to work as a standalone machine. There have been updates made to Cricut Craft Room that have improved the Cricut Imagine connection issues and we encourage you to try it out.

We will continue to support the Cricut Imagine machine through our customer service department and will honor the one-year warranty. We will be monitoring and answering questions here on this message board regarding Cricut Imagine and Cricut Cake. Please review the FAQ below before posting questions.

We value you as our customers and hope that our Cricut Imagine and Cricut Cake users will enjoy their machine and cartridges for many years to come. If you have any questions, or require further assistance, please contact us at 877-7CRICUT (877-727-4288) and select option 3 for Cricut Imagine support or option 7 for Cricut Cake support.

FAQ

Cricut Cake® and Cricut Cake® Mini FAQs

• Can I still get Cricut Cake® cutting mats and Cricut Cake® replacement blades for the Cricut Cake® and Cricut Cake® Mini machines?
  • Yes. You can find mats and replacement blades at Cricut.com and other online retailers.

• Can I still purchase Cricut Cake® cartridges?
  • Yes, they are still available through most of your local and online retailers. Cricut.com offers a full selection of physical and digital Cricut Cake cartridges.

• Can I still purchase the Cricut Cake® Mini machine?
  • Yes, you will find limited supply at Jo-Ann Stores, Wal-Mart Canada, online retailers, and Cricut.com while supplies last.

• Can I use original Cricut® cartridges with my Cricut Cake® or Cricut Cake® Mini machine?
  • Yes.

• What type of warranty does my Cricut Cake® or Cricut Cake® Mini machine come with?
  • The Cricut Cake® or Cricut Cake® Mini machine warranty is valid for one year from the date of original purchase. Proof of purchase or verification of machine registration is required.
  • Please refer to your user manual for details related to your machine.

Cricut Imagine® FAQs
  • Can I still get cutting mats and replacement blades for my Cricut Imagine® machine?
  • Yes, they are still available through most of your local and online retailers including Cricut.com.

• Will Provo Craft continue to offer new Cricut Imagine® content?
  • Yes, we will continue to support Cricut Imagine users with new content in the future.

• What type of warranty does my Cricut Imagine® machine come with?
  • The Cricut Imagine machine warranty is valid for one year from the date of original purchase. Proof of purchase or verification of registration is required.
  • Please refer to your user manual for details related to your machine.

• Can I purchase HP ink cartridges for my Cricut Imagine® machine?
  • Yes. The following HP ink cartridges will work with the Cricut Imagine machine when updated to firmware version 123 and content version 35:
  • Tri-color: 97, 134, 344 Black: 98, 129, 377

• How do I update the firmware and content on my Cricut Imagine® machine?
  • The Cricut® Sync Software is used to update the Cricut Imagine machine. Simply install the free Cricut Sync software to your Windows® or Mac® computer, connect the USB cable, and run the update.
  • Visit www.cricut.com/cricutsync for additional information about the Cricut Sync Software.

• My Cricut Imagine® machine is not working and the Cricut® Support representative is sending me a replacement. Will my replacement be a new Cricut Imagine machine?

• All replacement machines are refurbished machines and will carry a warranty.

• Is it necessary to update my Cricut Imagine® machine?
  • Yes. Updates are available by running the Cricut® Sync Software program each month after our Hello Thursday announcement.
  • Keeping your Cricut Imagine machine up to date will unlock all the latest features your machine has to offer!

Edited by user Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:15:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Update ink list

11 users thanked Nathan for this useful post.
Raven_cricut on 10/23/2012(UTC), GrannyAnne on 10/23/2012(UTC), GypsyRoe on 10/23/2012(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 10/23/2012(UTC), Khrista on 10/23/2012(UTC), St.Kittsscrapper on 10/23/2012(UTC), Soshescraps on 10/23/2012(UTC), CricketCMV on 10/23/2012(UTC), MaryScraps on 10/24/2012(UTC), papercrazedcrafter on 10/31/2012(UTC), TuttGal on 1/7/2014(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:17:17 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1483 time(s) in 1180 post(s)
Nathan, thank you so much for the information! I am one of those lucky ones who has a love affair with my Imagine. It has worked perfectly since I got it set up last winter.

I always wanted a cake machine, but just never purchased.

It would be lovely, if soon, you could address the Gypsy rumors. I LOVE my Gypsy, and use her constantly. I jus created my Christmas cards with her. I will not use CCR as my computer lives in one room and my Cricut machines (I have three of them) live in another room.

But I LOVE MY GYPSY!!! Love

And I see the smiley' are back!!!!!!!!!!! Love Love Love
 2 users thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 10/24/2012(UTC), iloveteddies on 10/25/2012(UTC)
garagesaler Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:18:08 PM(UTC)
garagesaler

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2507 time(s) in 2004 post(s)
Yes, we will continue to support Cricut Imagine users with new content in the future.

Does this mean new cartridges are still being made for the Imagine? I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand if the new content will be released in cartridges. I have heard that there are some digital images for the Imagine, but I was really hoping there would be more cartridges coming for the Imagine.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:22:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nathan Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:42:47 PM(UTC)
Nathan

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1762 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: garagesaler Go to Quoted Post
Does this mean new cartridges are still being made for the Imagine? I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand if the new content will be released in cartridges. I have heard that there are some digital images for the Imagine, but I was really hoping there would be more cartridges coming for the Imagine.

Currently we do not have any plans for new cartridges. We do have several ideas in the works, but are watching the demand and market.

Regular Cricut cartridges will continue to work in the Cricut Imagine as well.
 1 user thanked Nathan for this useful post.
garagesaler on 10/23/2012(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:57:23 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 760 time(s) in 408 post(s)
In order to use HP inks I have to update to 123. I am terrified of updating my Imagine as you guys have put out updates that render the Imagines useless. I have not update in over a year.
What guarantees do I have if I update and it renders my machine inoperable?

I purchased my Imagine at launch and I specifically bought it for the ability to flood two images different colors and weld them together. I have been unable to do that. Are you guys going to, at least, keep your promises as to what the Imagine is suppose to do?
 3 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
Missie Todd on 10/23/2012(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 10/23/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/25/2012(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:47:34 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 914 time(s) in 448 post(s)
Nathan,

Can you please clarify what exactly the Imagine is supposed to do/not do at this point with CCR and Gypsy assuming everything has the most recent updates .

With Gypsy: Can you actually design with gypsy (move images on the virtual mat, weld, etc or is the imagine application on the gypsy simply a mirror of what the standalone machine does. And will the current status continue to get improvements/updates other than content updates or is it as far as it is going to get using gypsy

With CCR: And will the current status continue to get improvements/updates other than content updates or is it as far as it is going to get with using CCR

I have some decisions to make and my decisions will be based on answers to these questions.

Thanks
Donna

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:50:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Khrista on 10/23/2012(UTC)
Jen Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:50:36 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
I have my original Imagine and PC Customer service has been really good about working with me with updates as my machine never updated out of the box. It was literally a 2 plus hour event to get things up and going. Last update I did about 8 weeks or so ago took an hour with PC helping once again. Now I use my Imagine periodically and well am often a little leary when updates come out. I have heard stories of bad updates and machines that have been fried. I have a year left to my extended warranty with HSN and then no more warranty. Warranty or not if a bad update renders the machines not usable what happens then? Who is responsible for releasing updates that might fry a machine? Are we just out a machine - with cartridges that can not be used, they will not work the same in the Expression 2 or even at all? I am trying to stay positive but it is becoming a little harder to do.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:53:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked Jen for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 10/23/2012(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 10/23/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Janice Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:12:05 PM(UTC)
Janice

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Currently we do not have any plans for new cartridges. We do have several ideas in the works, but are watching the demand and market.

Can you tell me how you watch the demand when you no longer are selling these??? Just want to understand as this does not make sense to me. Thanks
 3 users thanked Janice for this useful post.
HyacinthBucket on 10/25/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/27/2012(UTC)
Cricut Lisa Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:19:38 PM(UTC)
Cricut Lisa

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
In order to use HP inks I have to update to 123. I am terrified of updating my Imagine as you guys have put out updates that render the Imagines useless. I have not update in over a year.
What guarantees do I have if I update and it renders my machine inoperable?

I purchased my Imagine at launch and I specifically bought it for the ability to flood two images different colors and weld them together. I have been unable to do that. Are you guys going to, at least, keep your promises as to what the Imagine is suppose to do?

The updates are safe and you should definitely do them. It may take awhile to go through since it has been some time since you last updated. We recommend that you add exceptions to your antivirus and firewall. Our agents are trained to assist you with this and would love to help you get your Imagine updated. Please call Cricut Customer Support at 1-877-7CRICUT. We are open M-F from 7am - 6pm MST.

In regards to your second question, welding and flooding are not features of the standalone Imagine machine, but can be done in the Cricut Craft Room. Some are seeing better communication with the CCR build #179. We would encourage you to update your CCR and give it a try. We have found that it works best to open your Craft Room and then connect the Imagine USB. Again we would love to assist you with troubleshooting this as well. Please feel free to give us a call.

Thank you,
Cricut Lisa
Cricut Lisa Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:43:07 PM(UTC)
Cricut Lisa

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jen Go to Quoted Post
I have my original Imagine and PC Customer service has been really good about working with me with updates as my machine never updated out of the box. It was literally a 2 plus hour event to get things up and going. Last update I did about 8 weeks or so ago took an hour with PC helping once again. Now I use my Imagine periodically and well am often a little leary when updates come out. I have heard stories of bad updates and machines that have been fried. I have a year left to my extended warranty with HSN and then no more warranty. Warranty or not if a bad update renders the machines not usable what happens then? Who is responsible for releasing updates that might fry a machine? Are we just out a machine - with cartridges that can not be used, they will not work the same in the Expression 2 or even at all? I am trying to stay positive but it is becoming a little harder to do.

There are a number of things that come into play when doing an update.
1) You need to have a highspeed broadband internet connection.
2) Exceptions and allowances need to be set up for your antivirus and firewall so that the update can travel through uninterrupted.
3) You need to update frequently. This assures that you are not trying to download very large updates.
This will allow the updates to be delivered efficiently. As you stated in your post, our customer service agents are more than happy to help you with your updates if assistance is needed. Please call 1-877-7CRICUT and we will gladly walk you through the update. We are open M-F 7AM - 6PM MST.

Cricut Lisa
GypsyRoe Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:53:28 PM(UTC)
GypsyRoe

United States

Was thanked: 3196 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nathan Go to Quoted Post

Good to hear from you, thanks.

Any news about the Digital Printable Images? http://scrapbookingfunbi...al-printable-images.html

cricaholic Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:18:38 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1204 time(s) in 685 post(s)
Cursing FINALLY!! its OFFICIAL!!!
Crying NO MORE IMAGINE.
OhMyGod I might as well sell my Imagine and carts.....
Angry PC YOU HAVE REALLY LET ME DOWN!!!!
Cool NO MORE PC products for me!!!!!
 8 users thanked cricaholic for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 10/23/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/25/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/25/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), Marta on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/27/2012(UTC), ~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ on 10/28/2012(UTC), Scraptastic on 11/29/2012(UTC)
~AmyS~ Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:21:08 PM(UTC)
~AmyS~

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3224 time(s) in 1366 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cricut Lisa Go to Quoted Post
The updates are safe and you should definitely do them. It may take awhile to go through since it has been some time since you last updated. We recommend that you add exceptions to your antivirus and firewall. Our agents are trained to assist you with this and would love to help you get your Imagine updated. Please call Cricut Customer Support at 1-877-7CRICUT. We are open M-F from 7am - 6pm MST.

Thank you,
Cricut Lisa

I don't have an Imagine - but am asking for those who do - there have been past updates which have crashed the Imagine machines. What guarantee do the users have regarding the update(s)? You state that they are "safe" But - What if? Will you replace a machine if your update does, in fact, ruin a customer's machine?
 9 users thanked ~AmyS~ for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 10/23/2012(UTC), MariaReyes1 on 10/23/2012(UTC), Scrapperdee on 10/23/2012(UTC), Soshescraps on 10/23/2012(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 10/23/2012(UTC), IrishDancer on 10/24/2012(UTC), rhondah* on 10/24/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/25/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:12:03 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)

We will continue to support the Cricut Imagine machine as it was designed to work as a standalone machine. There have been updates made to Cricut Craft Room that have improved the Cricut Imagine connection issues and we encourage you to try it out.

I did PM a question on this, but will add it here. Could you please clarify what you mean in 'support as a standalone machine'? Does that mean PC will not be fixing the gypsy-imagine issue that was not an issue a year ago until something PC did in an update?

• My Cricut Imagine® machine is not working and the Cricut® Support representative is sending me a replacement. Will my replacement be a new Cricut Imagine machine?

• All replacement machines are refurbished machines and will carry a warranty.

Could you please clarify this policy. When a replacement is sent, refurbished or new, does the warranty start then or does it stay with the original purchase date of the faulty machine? I know what I've been told by PC in the past, but don't know if that could have changed.

Updating - Given that it appears that CCR is not playing nice with Windows 7, 64 bit machines for Imagine Users, it makes me concerned with Windows 8 coming out that we won't be able to update unless we have an older computer etc. The same also goes for Macs (as I happen to own and use both) and CCR not working well with the newer OS (which used to be in the notes when you logged into CCR).

I really do love my Imagine. I've had positive interactions with customer support (usually them having to pass me to a higher level tech as I know more.. but still pleasant either way) in taking care of an issue. I just know there are issues with the machine that were not there until an update was released.. so either the update fixed a bug that caused the machine to work right, or the update was buggy and messed what was working up.

I get stopping manufacturing, etc. That was put out there months ago and with the HP issues, not surprising to me at all. If I liken it to a computer, eventually operating systems update too far for a software to work any longer and you have to either say goodbye to that software or buy an updated version. Usually it's a few years though. PC has also continued to support Design Studio which is a few years old. I will hope that maybe PC will come up with a machine that we can use the imagine patterns, etc. (even if it's with whatever printer we own) and then have a cricut machine print. (and yes I know there's a machine out there that does that, but I'm not going there)

Thank you for the information Nathan. It's good to see some of the 'rumors' put to rest by PC, whether we like what PC is saying or not.
Khrista

1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC)
deeee Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:27:21 PM(UTC)
deeee

United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Thank you for the information. Its really to bad, I really wanted the I. I hope the G fate is much better than the I. I love my G.
sunnieday Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:27:54 PM(UTC)
sunnieday

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 224 post(s)
Nathan:
I have had my machine since day one. I have never had any big problems with it.
My screen all of a sudden just went out. It doesnt recognize any touch screen touches.
Mine of course is over the one year. I have a ton of the imagine carts. Can I possibly get a screen from you guys? Not sure what to do at this point.

Thank you
St.Kittsscrapper Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:51:22 PM(UTC)
St.Kittsscrapper

Saint Kitts And Nevis

Was thanked: 1411 time(s) in 908 post(s)
We buy these machines then they get discontinued.no more machines for me
 4 users thanked St.Kittsscrapper for this useful post.
Calmom on 10/23/2012(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 10/23/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/25/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Soshescraps Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:34:00 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1108 time(s) in 878 post(s)
Thanks Nathan at least now we have confirmation that the imagine machines are no longer being produced.
Soshescraps Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:41:26 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Was thanked: 1108 time(s) in 878 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Nathan, thank you so much for the information! I am one of those lucky ones who has a love affair with my Imagine. It has worked perfectly since I got it set up last winter.

I always wanted a cake machine, but just never purchased.

It would be lovely, if soon, you could address the Gypsy rumors. I LOVE my Gypsy, and use her constantly. I jus created my Christmas cards with her. I will not use CCR as my computer lives in one room and my Cricut machines (I have three of them) live in another room.

But I LOVE MY GYPSY!!! Love

And I see the smiley' are back!!!!!!!!!!! Love Love Love

It seems as if every one on this MB was right on target with the imagine speculation so maybe the gypsy announcement will be next. They will no longer produce them Sad . This is truly a sad day for me. I really do enjoy my imagine.
Calmom Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:08:08 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
The Imagine was a complete Disaster. It was a VERY COSTLY lesson for PC's Customers. I purchased it at Launch for $500 plus $150 for extended warranty. I used it once, try to do Update could never get it to operate with the supposed New Features so I finally sold it for $150. It wasn't worth any more then that because of all the problems and PC and their Disguised Companies sold well below the MSRP & Launch Price.

As far as I am concerned I really feel PC should of offered to give a refund for a machine that they obviously were aware was NEVER going to operate as promised. I know I am not the only one that has a BAD taste in my mouth from this MACHINE. I also feel like Imagine Owners hot the shaft because after only 2 years, the Company is cancelling the Imagine and no longer making any NEW Imagine Cartridges. Would you of ever purchased this machine knowing that PC would discontinue the Imagine and Cartridges after only 2 years? I sure wouldn't of.

I am happy with my E2 and that's a good thing because it will be the last machine I will buy from PC. I just can't afford to be PC's Guinea Pig for their Machines that should of NEVER been released until they KNEW it would OPERATE PROPERLY.

Thank you for final confirmation but really no one is surprised. It would of been nice that when PC decided 6 months ago to discontinue the Imagine, to inform your LOYAL CUSTOMERS before now. Although, I guess they had to wait until they could sell all of their Inventory FIRST. How thoughtful of you, PC.
 6 users thanked Calmom for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 10/23/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/25/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), BarbaraTravis on 11/6/2012(UTC), Scraptastic on 11/29/2012(UTC), TuttGal on 1/7/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:29:31 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8156 time(s) in 4779 post(s)
Nathan said they have ceased to manufacture the IMAGINES at this time.....I believe AT THIS TIME is important to note. He goes on to say there has been GREAT feedback in how the IMAGINE could be improved. He doesn't really say they will NEVER come out with a new and improved machine.

Maybe there were errors on the first one; I don't think PC handled the situation good at all for those users who have never been able to use their machines.

If they do come out with an improved one, I'm afraid they're going to have a hard time selling it at the outset. Of course, some will rush to buy it....and, the rest of us will learn whether or not it's a good purchase from them before we take the plunge. I do hope to own a new IMAGINE someday....but, so far, I haven't been able to afford one. I already have two E's and a MINI, so I can't really justify owning another machine for quite a while. I've been anxious over the fact they have discontinued their production. I hope they have a new and improved one in the offing.

Char
 3 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 10/24/2012(UTC), amerrick14ed05f7 on 10/25/2012(UTC), deonnahotovec on 1/13/2013(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:59:28 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 760 time(s) in 408 post(s)
No more PC machines for me either!!!! Stopped recommending PC machines to friends and family months ago!!!!!

No longer believe in PC or any of their products!!!!

As you can see, they have not answered the question about if the update is bad, what recourse do we have. What a joke. They put out a bad update, it renders your machine inoperable (fried) and because it is out of warranty, TOUGH LUCK!!!

What a way to treat people who were very loyal to them and bought at launch. And then you expect us to continue to purchase your products? I don't think so.

4 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
HyacinthBucket on 10/25/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/27/2012(UTC), ~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ on 10/28/2012(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:26:59 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6894 time(s) in 2801 post(s)
I for one am very greatful PC put this issue to rest. Now with the Official Announcement.

Kudos to PC for stepping up and finally announcing this to their loyal customers.

It was the right and honest thing to do.

I have no regrets buying the Imagine. I have never had any big issues with my Imagine.

I did however buy a back up so I plan on using my Imagines for a very long time.

Thank You Nathon for coming here to annouce this!!

***Just a note to the owners of Imagines. If there is a cartridge out there you need/want.

They are selling out every where and for cheap!!! So get them before they are gone!!

1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
amerrick14ed05f7 on 10/25/2012(UTC)
IrishDancer Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:47:07 AM(UTC)
IrishDancer

Ireland

Was thanked: 552 time(s) in 273 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~AmyS~ Go to Quoted Post
I don't have an Imagine - but am asking for those who do - there have been past updates which have crashed the Imagine machines. What guarantee do the users have regarding the update(s)? You state that they are "safe" But - What if? Will you replace a machine if your update does, in fact, ruin a customer's machine?

What if the machine is out of warranty????

Please answer these 2 questions!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:08:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked IrishDancer for this useful post.
HyacinthBucket on 10/25/2012(UTC)
K.Dee :o) Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:49:51 AM(UTC)
K.Dee :o)

Canada

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Wow - just like that - Provo Craft kills TWO of my four purchases. I have the Cake, Expression, Gypsy and Imagine - all bought within the last THREE MONTHS.Well Played Provo Craft, well played!

~K Cursing
 2 users thanked K.Dee :o) for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/25/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/25/2012(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:33:55 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 15266 time(s) in 8985 post(s)
Angry Angry Angry At least the smileys are working now so I can make the angry face.....
 3 users thanked rhondah* for this useful post.
Kroppin Kari on 10/24/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/25/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/25/2012(UTC)
Di&Co Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:46:04 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 21516 time(s) in 5323 post(s)
Thanks Nathan for the update. I never bought an Imagine, it really wasn't my thing.

The only thing I really want is, from the get go that any new machine has been sufficiently tested so that there aren't so many problems of dead machines for whatever reason. I know for a while, PC was churning out the machines quite quickly. As a consumer, please please please make sure they work before you put them on market.

I also know that public is demanding. Some want new machines before they are ready and working just to be the first ones to have them. Don't be tempted, make sure they work.

A working machine is of the utmost importance!
mickyminx Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:58:06 AM(UTC)
mickyminx

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have an Imagine with alot of the imagine cartridges :)and I love it, i love it that much that i bought a spare one off ebay £51 (stuck on Home screen)if it is a software problem it can be fixed!!! it took me less than 10 mins to fix it - you just got to press the right button combination to make it connect to the computer then format and restore through cricut sync. Now i have 2 perfectly working Imagine machines.

Nice info about the ink cartridges - print and cut just got a whole lot cheaper :)

MM
Cdmom2004 Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:43:53 AM(UTC)
Cdmom2004

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Decisions like this are the reason I have decided to not buy anymore Cricut products. My gypsy died from the black screen of death, which was caused by a "KNOWN" defect in one of the updates I did. PCs response to not support the gypsys past their warranty, even tho their update caused the death of many gyspy's is beyond belief. I have not bought any PC products since my gypsy died last summer and I am planning now to move to a different machine, the Cameo by another company.

Go ahead, PC, keep treating your loyal customers this way and see how long you stay in business.
 4 users thanked Cdmom2004 for this useful post.
Moxy77 on 10/24/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/27/2012(UTC), ohana on 11/3/2012(UTC), BarbaraTravis on 11/6/2012(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:50:56 AM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 187 post(s)
Is the Cameo really that great?

I for one would not appreciate buying content and being told what I am and what I'm not allowed to do with it. Copyrights? Permits? Umm... no thanks.