Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Shadow Offline
#61 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:21:17 AM(UTC)
Shadow

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Friend240 Go to Quoted Post
I don't believe I've ever posted to this forum; or, if I did, it was years ago. But after reading this man's statement and the responses, I felt compelled to reply.

Nathan (whoever you are), you need to wake up and really read what these people are saying. I have made one major purchase from PC ~ my Cricut Expression. I have not bought another machine since then, because of situations just like this one. If you looked past the nose on your face, you would have seen that you had a goldmine with the Cricut Expression ~ a machine that has no kinks and you plan to continue to produce. All you had to do is allow consumers to use the 3rd party software to cut anything they chose off the internet. Your Expressions would continue to be sold, and you could have gone in the business of selling svg files in addition to your cartridges. Who cares that PC was not the creator of this software that allowed consumers to use the machine to the fullest. While making this easy money selling Expressions and files that the third-party software could cut, you could have taken the time to research and produce GOOD machines that were worth buying. The reputation your company earned and deserved years ago would have remained intact.

But, in my opinion, PC got greedy. Not only did they sue the 3rd party software makers and prevented their "loyal" customers from using this software and limiting their machines, BUT they continue to produce CRAP, sell that CRAP to customers who want to believe in them, and then announce that they are discontinuing the CRAP and the support of that CRAP (after thousands have purchased it).

Now the Cameos (and similar machines) are flying off the shelves! WHY? Because the creators of those machines SAW THE BIG PICTURE. They have produced a machine and allow their customers to use it to the fullest. They respect the fact that their customers are creative and should be able to use all resources available to them. They encourage their consumers to use third-party software, BECAUSE THEY STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT AND THEIR CONSUMERS.

I feel sorry for you PC supporters who are actually THANKING this man for telling you that the hundreds of dollars you invested in CRAP (which PC obviously knew from the beginning was CRAP)and practically begging this man for a new way to throw away your money. Please open your eyes. THIS COMPANY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU ... JUST YOUR MONEY. I am flabbergasted that there are consumers out there who plan to continue to invest in a company that treats you that way. NOW, THAT'S CRAP. Crying

Nice one! Couldn't have put it better myself BigGrin I own a Cameo and a 15" Cougar and will never purchase from PC ever again!

Pauline x

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2012 7:23:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Additional info

4 users thanked Shadow for this useful post.
Friend240 on 10/26/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 10/29/2012(UTC), NurseYoung on 10/31/2012(UTC)
grandmaJ Offline
#62 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:56:30 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 766 time(s) in 636 post(s)
I just want to say....have you all never bought anything from a company before that didn't work right and was later discontinued? I'll bet bigger companies than PC have come out with a lemon of a product that cost more than the I that they later discontinued.
Personally I like my Imagine, my Expression, and think someday I will even like my Gypsy (once I have time to figure out how to use it better!). Thanks PC and Nathan for letting us know the status of the I and the cake machine!
 2 users thanked grandmaJ for this useful post.
amerrick14ed05f7 on 10/26/2012(UTC), MaryScraps on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Jeannes Offline
#63 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 8:03:51 AM(UTC)
Jeannes

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I hardly EVER write here on the message boards, but I have to chime in here. I am SUPER PISSED about this! Cursing We have been told time and time again that the Imagine would work (as intended) and it wouldn't be discontinued. Well, well. Look now! Angry These lies that you continue to tell consumers are only getting you further and further into a hole Provo Crap!

I have been a "faithful" PC owner from the very beginning. I have over 220 cartridges, 2 Expressions, the E2, Imagine (I'm on my 3rd replacement that still doesn't work correctly), Cricut Cake, Gypsy, Your Story, you name it, I got it. And for what? For you to try and tell what I can do with my machines after I forked out A LOT of money on them?! I don't think so. Now the Imagine will be gone, no new cartridges. And once mine breaks I'm SOL, aren't I?

Should I even go into the problems with my Gypsy??? CursingCursing After EVERY SINGLE UPDATE I lose the ability to communicate with my E2 and my Imagine. I will cut one layer and then just stop. After calling Provo Crap, the CS rep basically told me she had NEVER heard of this problem and that I was making it up. She wanted a video to prove it. Whatever. It's been all over the message boards! Unfortunately they NEVER read the MB!!! So anyway here I sit with several machines that only work on occasion, and piss poor customer service.

But on the other hand THANK YOU Provo Crap! Because of you, I now own a Cameo and a Cougar and they are AMAZING! Customer service rocks, the machines can cut real circles BigGrin and I can use both Make The Cut and Sure Cuts a Lot! Which both programs ROCK, way better than CCR and I really shouldn't even mention Design Studio in the same sentence!! I'm surprised you guys even put that out on the shelf! LOLLOL

So in conclusion, you chose your own fate Provo Crap. Good Riddance!Angry
 6 users thanked Jeannes for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/26/2012(UTC), Friend240 on 10/26/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC), GrammySue on 10/28/2012(UTC)
dailyscrapper Offline
#64 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 8:17:15 AM(UTC)
dailyscrapper

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 101 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grandmaJ Go to Quoted Post
I just want to say....have you all never bought anything from a company before that didn't work right and was later discontinued? I'll bet bigger companies than PC have come out with a lemon of a product that cost more than the I that they later discontinued.
Personally I like my Imagine, my Expression, and think someday I will even like my Gypsy (once I have time to figure out how to use it better!). Thanks PC and Nathan for letting us know the status of the I and the cake machine!

Yes I have bought lemon items before. Differences: 1. They admit it rather than continuing to sell a faulty product. 2. They correct it by replacing the items with a working product 3. They refund your money entirely!!!

NONE of which has been done. Customers have been duped into buying a CRAPPY machine.

And since when is FALSE ADVERTISING an OK practice? What you are missing is that they advertised something it could never do.

The discontinued is not the problem. The never working as promised is the problem.
 4 users thanked dailyscrapper for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/26/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Jeannes Offline
#65 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 8:24:08 AM(UTC)
Jeannes

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dailyscrapper Go to Quoted Post
The discontinued is not the problem. The never working as promised is the problem.

EXACTLY! And now, it never will work as it was truly intended.Mad

3 users thanked Jeannes for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/26/2012(UTC), Friend240 on 10/26/2012(UTC), denubug on 10/26/2012(UTC)
Friend240 Offline
#66 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 9:43:40 AM(UTC)
Friend240

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grandmaJ Go to Quoted Post

Of course I've purchased lemons before. I'm sure everyone has at one time or another. It is not the lemon that is the problem as it is how the company responds to selling that lemon.

When I first bought my Expression, I loved it (and I still do). Once again, Provo Craft rose above all others and produced a machine that could cut almost anything (as long as you used the tools they told you to). I must admit that I love their cartridges. I have about 35. But I also wanted the freedom to cut other images ... not just those manufactured by PC.

Fast forward a couple of years, and I read that PC has developed more gadgets to enhance my Expression ... Design Studio and then the Gypsy. I was out of the loop at the time and never jumped on the bandwagon due to being distracted by other issues happening in my life. I was also saving my money to purchase a new computer, so that I could use one of those amazing new softwares out there and cut anything I wanted with my Expression. I couldn't wait!

When I did return to crafting (all ready to go with my new computer), I learned (to my dismay and disappointment) that PC had sued the manufacturers of third-party softwares that was simply designed to give my Expression even more potential in the crafting world. I would have continued to purchase their cartridges ... there are so many that are hard to resist ... but, at the same time, I would have added a new level to my Expression that PC could not give me.

I realized then that PC turned greedy (or had always been greedy and hid it better than they do now), and they were more interested in lining their pockets than satisfying their customers. Thank goodness I realized this prior to plunking any more money down on PC products. I could be one of you now with a fried gypsy, or an expensive machine discontinued after only two years, because PC would rather walk away and cut there losses than trying to fix a situation to make their customers happy? Why? Because they still have loyal customers, and they know it, who will buy the next product they produce. Many of you will be stuck with a machine that you cannot find parts for (like ink), because Provo Crafts' history is to promise you the world but never deliver.

Today, I read with horror that the products many of you have bought from PC have never worked correctly and (to my utter amazement) have been DESTROYED BY UPGRADES PC ENCOURAGED THEM TO MAKE. And their response when their customers call them devestated that they can no longer use their machines? Oh, so sorry. Buy a new one (but we aren't going to tell you NOW that that new one is being discontinued in the very near future).

So, yes, I've purchased lemons. Usually, these are one-time deals. Here is a company that has customers who want to be loyal, and they screw them every time. We are not talking about one lemon here, but several. And all of them are costly.

For now, I will use my Expression and limit myself to the cartridges I have on hand. But, when I can afford it, you better believe I will leave PC behind as quickly as I can. I cannot wait until the day I can put my Expression on a shelf and purchase the Cameo whose company really values the customer.
 4 users thanked Friend240 for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/26/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 10/29/2012(UTC), NurseYoung on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Friend240 Offline
#67 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 11:28:44 AM(UTC)
Friend240

Originally Posted by: Shadow Go to Quoted Post
Nice one! Couldn't have put it better myself BigGrin I own a Cameo and a 15" Cougar and will never purchase from PC ever again!

Pauline x

Pauline ~

Can you imagine how happy the manufacturers of those machines you own are right now? LOL ~ I can see their grins grow bigger everytime someone from Provo Craft shows just how stupid their company has become. This post is a perfect example!! BigGrin
 1 user thanked Friend240 for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/27/2012(UTC)
LazyBee Offline
#68 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 12:38:16 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Was thanked: 638 time(s) in 305 post(s)
Pauline ~

Can you imagine how happy the manufacturers of those machines you own are right now? LOL ~ I can see their grins grow bigger everytime someone from Provo Craft shows just how stupid their company has become. This post is a perfect example!! BigGrin

I think the expression is they are laughing all the way to the bank...PC had their chance...but with this and the problems with the Gypsy and E2...Pc has managed shoot themselves in the foot. It's too bad they just haven't gotten it...Fix the mess, make things work properly, take care of the linking issues, and provide reliable consistent updates. That was and is all we have ever wanted. PC and it representitives have repeatedly misled (lied) us and forgot the true core values of good customer service. At this point there is no turning around...the damage has been done.
 2 users thanked LazyBee for this useful post.
Friend240 on 10/26/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC)
mom2christian Offline
#69 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 12:41:49 PM(UTC)
mom2christian

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I haven't been in this message board in over year. When Porvo Craft sued Make the Cut - I left. I was furious to not be able to use the machine I paid good money for the way I wanted. I sold my Expression and my many, many cartridges and bought the Silhouette Cameo. THE BEST PURCHASE I'VE MADE.

I have to thnak Porvo Craft because if it wasn't for their crappy service, their talking in circles, and taking away my ability to use third party software - I would have never discovered the Cameo.

I am not surprised by this announcement at all. I'm honestly surprised the company is still running. Producing products that don't work, creating software that doesn't work, etc etc.

I hope everyone that bought the Cricut Cake and the Imagine stand up and protest - it is unacceptable. Sorry you have to go through this especially when these machines are so expensive.

On that note - Anyone know how to delete your account?

Edited by user Friday, October 26, 2012 12:50:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked mom2christian for this useful post.
Friend240 on 10/26/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/27/2012(UTC)
Friend240 Offline
#70 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 1:16:42 PM(UTC)
Friend240

Originally Posted by: LazyBee Go to Quoted Post
I think the expression is they are laughing all the way to the bank...PC had their chance...but with this and the problems with the Gypsy and E2...Pc has managed shoot themselves in the foot. It's too bad they just haven't gotten it...Fix the mess, make things work properly, take care of the linking issues, and provide reliable consistent updates. That was and is all we have ever wanted. PC and it representitives have repeatedly misled (lied) us and forgot the true core values of good customer service. At this point there is no turning around...the damage has been done.

You are absolutely right!! I am just one customer, but I am sure there are (or will be) numerous others who share my feelings. If Provo Craft had allowed us to continue to use a third-party software with our Expressions, I would still be on their bandwagon and one of their biggest supporters. I would have continued to use their cartridges while using the third-party software to cut other images their cartridges didn't contain. If my Expression wore out, I would have immediately bought another without a second thought. Why not? I love their cartridges, and I would have continued to have the flexibility to cut almost anything I chose. I would have never even considered shopping around until PC got greedy and their customer service went to heck. They shot themselves in the foot by focusing on quantity rather than quality. They have produced several machines, which their unsuspecting consumers have purchased thinking they could still depend on PCs products. Instead they should have worked harder on the ones they had to make them stand out from the competition. Well, they got part of their wish. They stand out all right. Pretty soon,though, no one is going to be standing with them.
 1 user thanked Friend240 for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/27/2012(UTC)
CarrolMills Offline
#71 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:29:11 PM(UTC)
CarrolMills

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Well, I am thoroughly disheartened. I am just learning about all this as I haven't been to the message board in quite some time.

I too have been a very loyal PC customer. Have the I, all of it's carts, and appx 260 other carts, also the Gypsy, and E and the E2. I'm really bummed. As I am now a single household, I'll NEVER be able to afford more (or different) machines. I had greatly depended on PC.

Just ... lovely.
denubug Offline
#72 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:44:04 PM(UTC)
denubug

Canada

Was thanked: 435 time(s) in 347 post(s)
OMG...I am so upset with this news.Angry Angry Angry Angry I thought it strange that the last survey did not even list the "Imagine" nor the "gypsy" as machines owned...Angry
I think we need compensation...especially if they are not going to make any more.......I love my I but will not update for fear of rendering it useless!So once I am done using my ink....I'll need to update...and it possibly will be ruined????
 1 user thanked denubug for this useful post.
BJR on 10/31/2012(UTC)
MichiganStateSpartan Offline
#73 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 8:29:12 PM(UTC)
MichiganStateSpartan

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jeannes Go to Quoted Post
Should I even go into the problems with my Gypsy??? CursingCursing After EVERY SINGLE UPDATE I lose the ability to communicate with my E2 and my Imagine. I will cut one layer and then just stop. After calling Provo Crap, the CS rep basically told me she had NEVER heard of this problem and that I was making it up. She wanted a video to prove it. Whatever. It's been all over the message boards! Unfortunately they NEVER read the MB!!! So anyway here I sit with several machines that only work on occasion, and piss poor customer service.

So in conclusion, you chose your own fate Provo Crap. Good Riddance!Angry

MY problem exactly which is why I came to the board tonight.

EVERYONE at PC I hope you REALLY read every single one of these posts. I did. I too was an original no numbers 5-06 cricut go PC rah rah rah person. PC do you REALLY hear what most of these people are saying?? I don't think so. MANY of us have stopped buying your products already. Some of this MANY have gone to the Cameo or another machine. More will go. Feel free to not support your products that you have NOT ANNOUNCED like the Gypsy. You will just PISS all but a TINY fraction of your consumers off. I too have not bought ANYTHING from PC since June. That will continue. Understand that I use to spend 95% of my budgeted craft money on PC EVERY SINGLE MONTH.

One more thing. There has been ZERO response by PC to even the most nicely put or nuetral toned questions since the middle of the 1st page. Great way to try to win over consumers who will keep you in a job. Keep digging PC, it won't be long before you go under. Cursing

5 users thanked MichiganStateSpartan for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/27/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 10/29/2012(UTC), IrishDancer on 11/4/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#74 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 2:26:09 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Pauline ~

Just a quick one about my beloved Cougar. I bought it last February and since then there have been legal wrangling within the company and a new (Phoenix) cutter has been brought out to replace the Cougar. I was devastated in that I thought I would be left high and dry with a machine I couldn't buy consumables for. But NO - there was an immediate response to previous Cougar owners from the Company owner to say Yes, they had updated to the Phoenix, but all consumables, accessories etc would be transferrable between the two machines and they would still be at the end of a phone line to support owners of the Cougar. And that was a personal message to my email box!

NOW THAT'S SERVICE FOR YOU Cool

Pauline
 2 users thanked Shadow for this useful post.
CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC), NurseYoung on 10/31/2012(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#75 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 2:30:07 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6880 time(s) in 2797 post(s)
I've been doing research on the Silhouette Cameo.

Before I invest in another cutter I'm doing more research.

It is not without problems.

Silhouette Cameo Reviews

Then this company discontinued the Orginal Silhouette and replaced it with the cameo.
What happened to the owners of the Orginal Sihouette?
Can they still get blades/mats for this machine?

The Orginal Silhouette cutter is not without problems either.

Quikutz Silhouette Reviews

These are the issues I have been reading on the Cameo

I have read there are print/cut problems
Hardware issues
Issues with paper getting stuck in the blades.
It takes more time to set up then you actually get to use it.
It doesn't cut around the printed image properly.
Some days it cuts the next day it won't cut.
The blades don't last long.
The software media settings are different from what the manual recommends.
The mats are so sticky they ruin your paper and image.

I read the honest reviews that state what the issues are.
And there are issues with this machine too.

Why would I want to buy a Cameo when there are serious issues?
I don't see this cutter any more stable then the Cricut cutters.
I'm not sold on getting the Cameo. I won't buy one just because some hype it up.

I'm not on PC's soap box, defending how they did things, or agree with how they handle things.

But, I can't see investing in another company with problematic machines.

I don't see the cameo as a solution to being able to print/cut either.

ETA: PC I hope you come up with and Imagine 2 to keep the print/cut/cartridge option available with the Cricut. I for one Enjoy my Imagines and with no major problems.
I like the all in one print/cut machine. I don't want what the competition has.
I would have bought it if I did. I like what PC has to offer in the Cricut Product line.

Edited by user Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:29:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shadow Offline
#76 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:17:15 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

I can only speak from personal experience re the Cameo. I bought it at launch last November and have had no problems at all with it.

Whereas I have had FIVE Imagines - 3 didn't work at all (simply made a grinding sound and did nothing else), the 4th was killed off by last November's update, and the 5th was returned as faulty a couple of weeks ago - simply stopped printing correctly. I'm sure anyone would agree that 5 machines is enough to test anybody's patience.

I certainly won't be investing in an Imagine 2 (if ever they bring one out) The theory is excellent, but the practise simply hasn't worked for a lot of us.

Pauline
 2 users thanked Shadow for this useful post.
HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC)
dailyscrapper Offline
#77 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 5:48:10 AM(UTC)
dailyscrapper

Originally Posted by: Scrapbooking_Grandma Go to Quoted Post
I've been doing research on the Silhouette Cameo.

Before I invest in another cutter I'm doing more research.

It is not without problems.

Silhouette Cameo Reviews

Then this company discontinued the Orginal Silhouette and replaced it with the cameo.
What happened to the owners of the Orginal Sihouette?
Can they still get blades/mats for this machine?

The Orginal Silhouette cutter is not without problems either.

Quikutz Silhouette Reviews

These are the issues I have been reading on the Cameo

I have read there are print/cut problems
Hardware issues
Issues with paper getting stuck in the blades.
It takes more time to set up then you actually get to use it.
It doesn't cut around the printed image properly.
Some days it cuts the next day it won't cut.
The blades don't last long.
The software media settings are different from what the manual recommends.
The mats are so sticky they ruin your paper and image.

I read the honest reviews that state what the issues are.
And there are issues with this machine too.

Why would I want to buy a Cameo when there are serious issues?
I don't see this cutter any more stable then the Cricut cutters.
I'm not sold on getting the Cameo. I won't buy one just because some hype it up.

I'm not on PC's soap box, defending how they did things, or agree with how they handle things.

But, I can't see investing in another company with problematic machines.

I don't see the cameo as a solution to being able to print/cut either.

ETA: PC I hope you come up with and Imagine 2 to keep the print/cut/cartridge option available with the Cricut. I for one Enjoy my Imagines and with no major problems.
I like the all in one print/cut machine. I don't want what the competition has.
I would have bought it if I did. I like what PC has to offer in the Cricut Product line.

What you are missing out on is the difference in customer service. The fact that they sold this machine under false pretense. They said it would do things it simply has not. They Lie time and time again to sell product. They have been caught over and over on HSN saying things that are simply untrue. They sell a product and say it will do something and then for months and even years they will say we are working on it." I don't understand how anyone thinks this is acceptable practice.

I use my cameo daily. It is much easier to use than dragging out the imagine and realigning it every freaking time. It is smaller and lighter.

I have had my cameo a month now and have used it every day. I have used lots of materials, svg files, and silhouette files without any problems. All my print and cuts have come out perfectly. I was amazed at how precise they cut compared to the Imagine. Plus, I can print and cut whatever I want. I am no longer limited. There is no hype around the other machine that it has not earned. My mats last way longer and I have yet to have to change my blade after literally at least 1000 cuts.
 3 users thanked dailyscrapper for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/27/2012(UTC), HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#78 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:40:05 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6880 time(s) in 2797 post(s)
What you are missing out on is the difference in customer service. The fact that they sold this machine under false pretense. They said it would do things it simply has not. They Lie time and time again to sell product. They have been caught over and over on HSN saying things that are simply untrue. They sell a product and say it will do something and then for months and even years they will say we are working on it." I don't understand how anyone thinks this is acceptable practice.

I use my cameo daily. It is much easier to use than dragging out the imagine and realigning it every freaking time. It is smaller and lighter.

I have had my cameo a month now and have used it every day. I have used lots of materials, svg files, and silhouette files without any problems. All my print and cuts have come out perfectly. I was amazed at how precise they cut compared to the Imagine. Plus, I can print and cut whatever I want. I am no longer limited. There is no hype around the other machine that it has not earned. My mats last way longer and I have yet to have to change my blade after literally at least 1000 cuts.

I have read the CS for the cameo isn't all that it's cracked up to be either.
People that have had to return the machine. Have to pay for the return shipping.
In return they don't get their money back for shipping charges. They get online store credit.
Thats unacceptable.
It's hit or miss just like any other business. The Silhouette Cameo was sold under false pretenses. I've been going to around the net reading the reviews. The Cameo hasn't worked out of the box like it was said to be either. The cameo doesn't print/cut like it is promised to do. The blades easily dull etc. The cameo settings have to be re-adjusted all the time to get it to print/cut right every time it is used. Thats what I'm finding out.
Set up takes more time then actually getting to use it. I'm reading it time and time again.
How can a person ignore those reviews on the cameo? I can't ignore that this is happening with the cameo.

The SC hasn't earned the hype it's getting. Don't forget all those customers its not working right for. What about all those people sitting with the Orginal Silhouette.
It's been discontinued. What about those customers? How can you ignore what happened to them?

I do however appreciate the honest reviews that I have read. Where they honestly state the pros and the cons of any machine. But the cons for the cameo outweigh the pros.

I have read how people went along with the hype for the SC over the Cricut. How disappointed they were when they found out that it wasn't what everyone was saying it was.
Then they ended up with a cameo paper weight and went with a Cricut machine.

Ironic isn't it.

Not to mention you have to pay an extra $50 to have the option to use those SVG files.

See there are a lot of things not being said about the SC. Consumers misleading consumers. It's all about Hype. I'm all about researcing to get to the truth.

Edited by user Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:40:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HyacinthBucket Offline
#79 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:47:01 AM(UTC)
HyacinthBucket

Was thanked: 374 time(s) in 257 post(s)
If I was to say I am lost for words regarding some of the comments on here it would be an understatement! Totally gobsmacked is more like it! How can you possibly THANK Nathan for informing you that a machine costing mega bucks - in my case mega £££'s - is discontinued??? Please tell me 'cause I'd really like to hear your explanation of how he/Provocraft deserve to be thanked - especially after they have lied through their back teeth for months!
To go seeking reviews on the Cameo is a bit far stretched - yes maybe the Cameo/ Silhouette had problems - I don't know I've not got one - but the Company ensured that all their customers were kept informed and continued to assist them in every possible way. That is what is called CUSTOMER SERVICE - and that is what is totally lacking in you Provocraft! Another poster welcomes a new Imagine 2 ?????????? HEEELLLLOOOOOO haven't you missed something - they haven't managed to put all the faults right with the first Imagine!

We all have every right to feel totally brassed off with this Company

As for Nathan - well in fact I feel sorry for you Nathan - if I never had a job I wouldn't wish to work for a company like Provocraft - and I wouldn't be the least surprised if your job suddenly went down the pan - just like poor Chris!

Edited by user Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:50:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users thanked HyacinthBucket for this useful post.
CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/28/2012(UTC), NurseYoung on 10/31/2012(UTC), BJR on 10/31/2012(UTC)
dailyscrapper Offline
#80 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:01:17 AM(UTC)
dailyscrapper

You can try to find all the fault you want. For others do your own research. I did before I bought mine and found great reviews from customers. Good place to start is amazon under customer reviews. You can find bad reviews for every product.

PC made promised they never made good on to sell product. If you want to compare something compare apples to apples. Silhouette has produced a product that does what it says it will.

I am on my 7th replacement Imagine. My faith in PC is lost. If you want to keep handing them money go ahead. I will no longer do so.

I have a beautiful cutter that works perfectly. I spent less on it. My creations are not limited. I will stick with that machine from now on.

Even JoAnn's knew this was a disaster and quit selling the machines company wide almost at the beginning of the year because of too many returns.
 3 users thanked dailyscrapper for this useful post.
HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/27/2012(UTC), TatianaBelova on 10/27/2012(UTC)
HyacinthBucket Offline
#81 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:18:08 AM(UTC)
HyacinthBucket

Was thanked: 374 time(s) in 257 post(s)
[quote=dailyscrapper;1583942]You can try to find all the fault you want. For others do your own research. I did before I bought mine and found great reviews from customers. Good place to start is amazon under customer reviews. You can find bad reviews for every product.

PC made promised they never made good on to sell product. If you want to compare something compare apples to apples. Silhouette has produced a product that does what it says it will.

I am on my 7th replacement Imagine. My faith in PC is lost. If you want to keep handing them money go ahead. I will no longer do so.

I have a beautiful cutter that works perfectly. I spent less on it. My creations are not limited. I will stick with that machine from now on.

Even JoAnn's knew this was a disaster and quit selling the machines company wide almost at the beginning of the year because of too many returns.

As did Ideal World/Create&Craft in the UK.

This is all so very sad and in my eyes what makes it worse is that Provocraft have made no other statement to try and justify this mess - neither have they made another comment on this Forum. They must have read these replies - they know that they have lost hundreds if not thousands of customers now.
Skooter Offline
#82 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:19:21 AM(UTC)
Skooter

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Well I've read all of these posts, and I'm hoping that Nathan or PC is reading them as well, and not just us here posting our comments to get things off our chests, but I feel even though it makes us feel better and that we're not alone in this.

With that said, I own the E, which I NEVER updated so the 3rd party software still works, and another E which is still in the box, (just in case I guess )and I own the E2, which I use for my 180 or more cartridges, I also own (2) cricut minis, the create, original baby, gypsy, imagine, and the cake. I HATE the digital designs from the craft room and will NEVER purchase one. I use the craft room only occassionally but prefer not to be on line all the time, would rather have something like the design studio..only one that works..

As for the Circle, I did enjoy getting the new exclusive cartridges, but NOW.. why would I spend 80 bucks on a cartridge from "the circle" when I can buy the same one at M's for 30 bucks? Just don't get it. I have tons of rewards points that really.. there is NOTHING that interests me there. We all complain but do they listen and get things we want? NOPE. So my points just sit there hoping..

I also own the Boss Kut Gazelle... which is a wonderful machine, for those of you who are looking, check into this before you purchase anything else. It's not as advertised as ones like the Cameo, probably because it's more expensive, but let me tell you it's great!! Here is a link for the top 10 reviews for cutting machines.. http://die-cutting-machi...-kut-gazelle-review.html

I'll be honest, I haven't tried a Cameo but would love to try one. Maybe i'll sell my imagine and try that.. seeing how I've only used the imagine once. (but yet have all the carts)

Anyway, got off topic a bit. I have not had any real major problems with PC, however I don't do the updates all the time so that could be part of it. It just saddens me that this company no longer supports us, the users as well as the small scrapbook shops which helped get this company going. I will never buy another PC machine no matter how great it seems. Shame on PC for all their lies, and poor practices. You have lost yet another customer. The sad thing is, not only have you lost a good customer, but you've lost all the potential customers because when they ask me about my Cricuts.. I tell the truth.
 3 users thanked Skooter for this useful post.
HyacinthBucket on 10/27/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/27/2012(UTC), BJR on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#83 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:54:36 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

People that have had to return the machine. Have to pay for the return shipping.
In return they don't get their money back for shipping charges. They get online store credit.

Thats unacceptable.
It's hit or miss just like any other business. The Silhouette Cameo was sold under false pretenses. I've been going to around the net reading the reviews. The Cameo hasn't worked out of the box like it was said to be either. The cameo doesn't print/cut like it is promised to do. The blades easily dull etc. The cameo settings have to be re-adjusted all the time to get it to print/cut right every time it is used. Thats what I'm finding out.
Set up takes more time then actually getting to use it. I'm reading it time and time again.
How can a person ignore those reviews on the cameo? I can't ignore that this is happening with the cameo.

The SC hasn't earned the hype it's getting. Don't forget all those customers its not working right for. What about all those people sitting with the Orginal Silhouette.
It's been discontinued. What about those customers? How can you ignore what happened to them?

I do however appreciate the honest reviews that I have read. Where they honestly state the pros and the cons of any machine. But the cons for the cameo outweigh the pros.

I have read how people went along with the hype for the SC over the Cricut. How disappointed they were when they found out that it wasn't what everyone was saying it was.

Ironic isn't it.

Not to mention you have to pay an extra $50 to have the option to use those SVG files.

See there are a lot of things not being said about the SC. Consumers misleading consumers. It's all about Hype. I'm all about researcing to get to the truth.

Which is more than PC offered me when I had to return my Gypsy for re-serialising when it suddenly died. It cost me 20 GBP to return it, then they had the gall to ask for the original Gypsy which I had thrown away! You don't seem to illustrate any reviews giving the Cameo the good kudos, only the bad reviews. As far as I'm concerned, I've never had to contact Cameo CS as my machine works fine, but do know from past experience that they get back to you within 24 hours to sort out problems - can PC say the same - NO !!!

Edited by user Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:03:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shadow Offline
#84 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:05:53 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

You can try to find all the fault you want. For others do your own research. I did before I bought mine and found great reviews from customers. Good place to start is amazon under customer reviews. You can find bad reviews for every product.

WOW - 7 replacement Imagines - and I thought I'd had bad luck. Can you not get a refund as I did from TV station in the UK? I think I'd be going down that road myself.

P x

TatianaBelova Offline
#85 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:07:57 AM(UTC)
TatianaBelova

Was thanked: 2512 time(s) in 1440 post(s)
Thats unacceptable.

Ironic isn't it.

Wow! This is hard to believe. Never ever I read so many negative about Cameo! It's an amazing machine. I already built a huge library of free files from all over the Internet. My Cameo works perfectly. I don't want to doubt what you are saying, but it's hard to believe.

If you search youtube videos, there are tutorial how to use svgs without buying the extra features, just use the free software. I bought my extra features for only $25 with a coupon, but before that I already learned how to use svg with the free program and it worked.

It took me just maybe 15 minutes to set up the machine and then it never takes me longer to use it. Only once to set up, is it too long?

Something is wrong with what you are saying.

The machine does everything it was promised to do and even more for me!
I still love my Cricut expression though and use them both.

2 users thanked TatianaBelova for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#86 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:43:42 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
And here is something else for PC to consider;

Word of mouth public relations grows exponentially. All of us here have Cricut products.... we're mad....... we tell a friend, who tells a friend....who tells a friend of a friend..... and on it goes. So come Black Friday when everybody sees those really "good deals" on a Cricut they might decide - nah - heard too many bad things about them. Another lost sale.

And if PC doesn't recoup their good name, somehow by the Grace of God, they will be done. Period.

I live in a major city in Ohio. I have several Walmarts around me. I don't see ANY Cricuts or cartridges. JoAnns has the mini and the E2. Michaels has next to nothing. Cricuts are no longer promenintly displayed like in past years. So it does seem like their presence in brick and mortar stores is evaporating.

And for an online presence? Well, if ladies are inclined to shop online, they sure as heck will research a product online. And what they find out is not going to entice them to buy a Cricut.

So, what I'm hoping is that PC somehow can turn this whole thing around, and learn a valuable lesson the HARD way. Those kind of lessons are pretty difficult to forget.

I'm also guessing that PC has not been able to either recruit or retain top notch engineers.(although unfortunately most top notch engineers would not be excited about working for a Craft company in Utah). In all likelyhood PC is still fuddling around with the engineering staff that either got them into this mess - or is incapable of getting them out of this mess. Your product is only as good as the engineering that goes into it!!! Hire the best you can get!! Treat them like GOLD!!

Because if PC doesn't come up with some solutions for their older machines....they will never be successful with any new machines.

FIX THE ENGINEERING.

2 users thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/27/2012(UTC), BJR on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Ann Offline
#87 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:18:03 AM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 170 post(s)
All i can say is i am so glad i sold my imagine when i did! I still have my pink expression and my gypsy which i love,never had any problems with them.
I have recently bought a cameo and love it,cant comment on their customer service as i have had no trouble but so far i have found it to be far superior in it's cutting ability,love the software,so easy to use and this coming from a total technophobe,i would certainly recommend it.
PC should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and how they have treated their customers,i shall never buy another product of theirs again,why would i want to buy from a company you cant trust.
 2 users thanked Ann for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/27/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#88 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:37:01 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: Ann Go to Quoted Post
All i can say is i am so glad i sold my imagine when i did! I still have my pink expression and my gypsy which i love,never had any problems with them.
I have recently bought a cameo and love it,cant comment on their customer service as i have had no trouble but so far i have found it to be far superior in it's cutting ability,love the software,so easy to use and this coming from a total technophobe,i would certainly recommend it.
PC should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves and how they have treated their customers,i shall never buy another product of theirs again,why would i want to buy from a company you cant trust.

My feelings exactly Ann

Pauline

GracefulGrammar Offline
#89 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:40:15 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1847 time(s) in 876 post(s)
This review of Provo Craft was written August 5, 2012, by a former Systems Engineer for Provo Craft......... It's anonymous........ that needs to be taken into consideration........

http://www.glassdoor.com...d-Novelty-RVW1810833.htm

Cut and Paste form the link above:

“Great the first year before all the changes”
Former Systems Engineer in South Jordan, UT – Reviewed Aug 5, 2012
Pros – It had the small company kind of feel to it
Everybody knows everyone and lots of team activities
We would do weekly "treat days" with all the Account Team and IT
Lots of opportunity to learn and gain valuable experience
Opportunity to "do things right" and correct a lot of the mistakes and messes that were done in the past by prior employees
Lots of eye candy
Cons – -Working excessive hours in support of the company
-Too many problems with the infrastructure when I started there (although things were much better with that when I left)
-Not enough recognition for hard work and going above and beyond. All I ever got was "you shouldn't be doing that this way or getting written up for doing "what I had to" to keep the business running when things went down or for working too many hours - when the job required it
-After the move to South Jordan lots of people got on their "high horse" and the sales numbers weren't doing too well. Lots of job cuts and that's when I chose to leave.
- There was no more room to grow my career besides upper management
- Senior Management (aka Executives) were spending way too much money on expensive trips. Like CHA, where we would send half the company employees (150+ employees) across the country.
Advice to Senior Management – Listen to your employees ideas. When I first started there, Provo Craft prided themselves on listening and encouraging employees ideas. Things didn't feel that way by the time I left. Spend money wisely, don't hemorrhage in areas that are not needed (travel, expensive meals, etc) and instead of focus on important areas of financing such as IT infrastructure, research, and development. Stop releasing products too fast and instead focus on quality and value of the new products. Nobody wants to spend $300+ on a new Cricut Device just to be outsold by a newer one that does twice as much 2 months later.
Less
Former employee - worked at Provo Craft and Novelty full time for more than a year
Compensation & Benefits Senior Leadership Work/Life Balance Culture & Values Career Opportunities Disapproves CEO Rating

There are currently 2 reviews ........ you can read them both here:

http://www.glassdoor.com...elty-Reviews-E150832.htm

Edited by user Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:43:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
BJR on 10/31/2012(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#90 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:22:29 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Great job to gain experience sourcing products but working there is extremely unpleasant.”
Former Employee in Spanish Fork, UT – Reviewed Oct 3, 2008
Pros – Working in the craft industry is fun and exciting. Provo Craft has money to research and develop products. The experience working and sourcing products in China can't be beat. The company is dedicated to developing new products. Provo Craft has great sales channels and great retail partners.
Cons – The Senior Management team is incredibly out of touch with the employees. They don't respect, trust or empower employees. The turnover rate is extremely high. The pressure and stress is very high. The Senior management has a closed door policy. They are difficult to work with. They are more concerned about placing blame than finding solutions.
Advice to Senior Management – Trust the employees. Empower employees to make decisions

Senior management doesn't come off looking too good. Maybe that's why engineers left. Maybe those old croakers on Mahogany Row should roll up their shirt sleeves and get down in the trenches with the employees that are trying to help make the company a success.