Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jennunder255a396e Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:48:02 AM(UTC)
jennunder255a396e

Groups: Registered

Help! I was in the Cricut Craftroom designing and decided I was ready to cut out the objects and when I selected "Cut" it told me that my firmware needed updated in order to cut and asked if I wanted to update, so I selected "Yes". It went all of the way through the process and at the end told me it failed and asked if I wanted to retry, so I did two more times and still nothing. I have even gone into Cricut Design Studio and went through the firmware update and after the first go around it said I needed to do it a second time, so I did and still nothing. I have also gone through the process of trying to reset my machine as stated at: http://www.cricut.com/me...board/tm.aspx?m=5497017. It did not work. When I turn on my machine it still looks like it is in update mode as several of the buttons are all lit up in blue. I have never had any problems with this machine and I have had it a little over a year. Please help, I use this machine ALOT!
jlecey134adbb8 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 12:31:41 PM(UTC)
jlecey134adbb8

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Irritating isn't it...I have the same problem. I need to update to the 2.43 firmware version but it won't work on CCR or DS. I have a wonderful person on this site that has been helping me and if we find an answer I will definitely share it.
happycuttin Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:53:45 PM(UTC)
happycuttin

United States

I would appreciate an answer to this also.Your post sounds as if I wrote it!! Mine is doing the same thing.
AlisaCox Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:50:00 AM(UTC)
AlisaCox

Just tried to update also to the 2.43 using the Design Studio and it says done but it is not. Can not link cartridges in CCR without the update. VERY FRUSTRATING. AND MY GYPSY PORT TO PLUG INTO THE EXPRESSION BROKE OFF, REALLY BAD DAY.Bored
neatnickk8d24fdf8 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:04:09 AM(UTC)
neatnickk8d24fdf8

I purchased an E2 yesterday... thought it would be easy to get a project done... after 6 hours of installing and uninstalling, the 3rd phone call to Cricut gave me an answer. If your Cricut is operating on firmware ending in 1000 (you can find this by going to the last page of options and pressing the "i" in the bubble) it will not sync with the craftroom, YET! Apparently this firmware is more advanced that what the craftroom can work with but I was told that the update will be ready any day. Look for an update available (according to the te4ch rep) on the craftroom page. It's not the answer I wqanted but at least I am not wasting anymore time trying to make it work when it simply won't.
ftrsherman6cea47cb Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 11:04:43 AM(UTC)
ftrsherman6cea47cb

Hi all,

I'm in the same position--can't get my NEW Cricut Expression to download version 2.43. None of the buttons light up when I hold the restart button. When I had the same problem with my old expression, I thought it was because it was an older version, but now after investing in a new machine, having the same problem. Very frustrating!!!!!! Specifically bought a new machine so I could use it with Craft Room. Any help out there????
janice.holte52e4ceb Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:50:13 AM(UTC)
janice.holte52e4ceb

I had a problem also with the firmware for the craftroom I had to uninstall the craft room and them reinstall it, I can now only cut in the craftroom not from my expression my at least it is working. Try doing that and see if it works that way
wlcforero4b427dfa3 Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2012 8:57:57 AM(UTC)
wlcforero4b427dfa3

Huh Huh I am trying to update the firmware of my new expression machine and when it gets to update firmware in the first step it wont do anything else. Pls help!!! I just bought some digital cartridges and cannot use them at all! :(
caborulesc975c381 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 2:14:21 PM(UTC)
caborulesc975c381

Wow - wish I had found this forum before I bought 2 new digital cartridges and downloaded the CCR software! I am having the exact same problem as identified here. Will be calling Cricut tomorrow (Monday) to see what they can do to help me. This is totally frustrating and ridiculous. Sounds like Cricut knows about this problem but has yet to do anything whatsoever to fix it.
scrapncropbaae3e70 Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:05:17 PM(UTC)
scrapncropbaae3e70

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I originally had the same problem with my Expression not entering firmware update mode, but while I was venting my frustrations on the poor buttons, I found that I had to REALLY PRESS DOWN on the 'Stop' button while powering on. Really mash down on it and I was able to get into formware update mode and complete the update.

What the heck, worth a try!
 3 users thanked scrapncropbaae3e70 for this useful post.
ccosby5680c5bf9fa1 on 1/19/2014(UTC), sarahlhenflingd6e6a80e on 8/12/2014(UTC), shannonwmooreb412d7e6 on 9/11/2014(UTC)
tphelps3cceb87f2 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 12:25:54 PM(UTC)
tphelps3cceb87f2

Angry I have not updated my cricut expression in a little over a year. I had the cd that came with it and then a cd for the cricut design studion. cant find either now! AND! when I try to download CCR it tells me that the CCRBRIDGE.exe has stopped working. calls between my norton and cricut have them blaming each other! Any help?
yarigutierrez7f9e4f47 Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:12:47 PM(UTC)
yarigutierrez7f9e4f47

I have a cricut expression and when you try to update the firmware is not complete, so try several times and does not work .. since the buy n have used it .. anyone answer me about this
nata_vasilakou9026e399 Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:07:09 AM(UTC)
nata_vasilakou9026e399

Did you finnaly find solution? I have the same problem too!
creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 5:35:23 AM(UTC)
creature_comforts_nowa1f9600a

I'm having exactly the same problem, can someone please post what they had to do to make it work? Thanks! x
Narelle Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 5:08:22 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Try exiting out of your anti-virus and firewall program's before you do the firmware update.
sademcfadden Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 7:28:50 AM(UTC)
sademcfadden

HELLO EVERYONE I WAS HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM. SEARCHED AROUND FOR A SOLUTION. FOUND ONE AND IT WORKED GETTING MY CRICUT EXPRESSIONS OUT OF UPDATE MODE.

If your machine freezes, experiences power problems, cutting issues, or anything out of the realm of normal Cricut behavior, this reset procedure is a good place to start the troubleshooting process. Nine times out of ten, this will resolve the issue.

First, turn your machine on with no cartridge loaded. Then you are going to roll all your gray dials (the two on the left and the one on the right) down to their lowest setting.
Then you will want to grasp the green/gold cylinder blade assembly and use it to pull the entire gray carriage car unit (the one with the Cricut bug on it) along its track to the other side of the machine. Back in the cave where the gray carriage car usually sits there is a red button. Press that button and hold it down for about three seconds. Let go and then move the gray carriage car back into place.
This next step will sound a bit odd, but many times it can fix your little "bug". You're going to roll all your dials all the way up and all the way down three times--three times for each dial.
Then you are going to hit the "Cut" button and turn the machine off. Let the machine sit for a few minutes (15-20), load a cartridge, turn it on, and try a practice cut.
 1 user thanked sademcfadden for this useful post.
Havetoomuchstuff on 3/30/2013(UTC)
EMaria Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 5:39:09 PM(UTC)
EMaria

I just tried updating my Expression. It allows me to get to the part 3, but once it tells me to restart my cricut in update mode I power off and power back on holding the stop button waiting for the beep at approx 5 secs NOTHING happens.. I have tried to power off and on several time and the restart cricut in update mode is still on my screen. And of course it is a Saturday and customer support is closed.. UGHHHH.. Need assistance. Please..
krburvee981dac5a Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:47:24 AM(UTC)
krburvee981dac5a

I was having the same problem - I called the customer service line and was told the my MAC could not do the update, it had to be done through a PC. Thankfully, my husband has a media center PC that I was able to do the update through using design studio. Here is the instructions she sent me in order to complete the update. She stressed that this has to be done using a PC rather than a MAC. After completing the firmware update in Design Studio, I hooked the cricut back up to my MAC and it did another update (and made it past step 3!! I am cautiously hopeful that this will work. Anyway, her are the instructions to complete through Design Studio (on a PC):

You will need to have the latest version of the software. Here are some instructions:
1. If you have this program on your computer. First you will want to uninstall the program from your computer. You can do this by going to your Start menu in the lower left corner. You will then want to select All Programs. You should then see a folder that says Cricut Design Studio. Click on Uninstall and this will remove the program.

2. You can then download the latest program from this webpage: http://mirror.cricut.com...ontpack/CDS_10404220.exe

3. It will take you to the Setup Wizard - click Next - I agree – Install - Finish.

4. Now you will want to download a second update which you can find at the following link: http://mirror.cricut.com...k/FontUpdate_V120720.exe

How to Update your Cricut Machine using Cricut Design Studio
Open Cricut Design Studio (CDS) on your computer.
Find your Cricut USB cable for your machine (you can also use any standard printer cable.)
Plug your device into your computer using the USB (printer) cable.
In CDS Click on the “Help” menu at the top of the screen.
Click on “Update Cricut Firmware.”
This will bring up the step by step instructions for updating your device.
Follow the steps in order as exactly as written.
Put device (machine) into update mode, instructions are in Step 2 in CDS. Your machine needs to be turned off before trying to put it into update mode.
Made sure you select the correct machine in the options on Step 3 for the update to go through properly. (For Cricut Cake machine select Expression and for the Cricut Cake Mini select Create.)
Click “Begin Update Now.”
Let is update completely. It should tell you when it is finished.
If it says that a second update is necessary, you must put your device into update mode once again before beginning the second update.
If you have any problems please call the Provo Craft help line at 877-727-4288.

Hope this helps!!

heidicolemancbf0f220 Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:48:18 PM(UTC)
heidicolemancbf0f220

I really wish Cricut would put that you can't update with a MAC on their update page. That would be helpful. I had my first Cricut Expression try to update from the PC and the machine got stuck in update mode. After a phone call to Cricut they were unable to get the machine out of the mode either. I sent my Cricut to them and they sent me a new one. Guess what the new one is locked up again. I am pretty tech savy and so is my husband and this is really starting to irritate me. Mad So now I have to wait for Monday to call them too bad I needed the Cricut to cut out my project that is due at work tomorrow. Awesome...ThumbDown
slugbug70354 Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:00:36 PM(UTC)
slugbug70354

ok so after trying to update for hours and hours here's how we got my expression to update. turn off antivirus, updated in cricut design studio then updated in craftroom. I hope this helps someone. :)
loscarreons43711b99 Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 6:58:49 PM(UTC)
loscarreons43711b99

I had the same problem and now I want to cry!! I will trying the instructions posted eailer in this thread! I hope it works! I hate that I can't call the customer service line on the weekend!! I am work during their business hours Crying
Jill Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 8:18:25 AM(UTC)
Jill

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Hello. I have a new Cricut Expression, not even a week old, never used. I tried making my first cut using CCR but the computer said I needed to update my Cricut’s firmware. I tried and got it into update mode but once it began updating it froze at 2%. It had been at 2% for 2 hours when I had to leave for work. I am very worried the machine will shut off, which I’ve read causes damage to it. Please help. I’d hate to ruin a machine I have never even used!!!
NH_Cricut Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 07, 2013 4:03:50 PM(UTC)
NH_Cricut

So if you only have Macs in the house, you're SOL? I'm less and less impressed with Cricut over the years. Nothing but problems, compatibility issues, etc.
Jill Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:10:02 AM(UTC)
Jill

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Well the screen of my BRAND NEW Cricut machine (the green one from Joann's on Black Friday) is now blank when I turn the machine on. No beeps or nothing. A few of the function keys light up and that's it. When I turn it on holding down the stop button, it will not force into update mode. What if my BRAND NEW machine is broken forever?!?! To add to that mess - in all the black Friday madness, the Joann cashier forgot to give me a receipt. Oh, I HATE this!!!!!
DianaMcCartney Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 4:11:20 AM(UTC)
DianaMcCartney

Mad Well looks like their is a major issue with the firmware. I just tried to make some christmas gifts and my machine has frozen on me. I tried updating the firmware and it took well over 5 hours and it wasn't even done. I reloaded my design studio and tried to update through there. Nothing. I uninstalled CCR and reinstalled. Nothing. Now my machine is sitting there either in update mode (you know when the lights are on after pushing the power & stop button together). Or I can turn it on and it shuts right back down.

I am very upset that there is no fix for this. Like everybody, I too have several cartridges on my shelf and have spent a good amount on downloads cartridges.

I am running on Windows 8 system. I am all up to date there.

I am very frustrated like everyone else. This company needs to get there crap together and get a proper fix... I will be sending them an email next and calling them on Monday after I get home from work.
alexa.blake.8498fcd5ed Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 10:05:35 PM(UTC)
alexa.blake.8498fcd5ed

Hey guys, so I have a Cricut expression, and I use Cricut craft room on a MAC. I have been having issues with the update failing for literally months. I have contacted cricut support before and the CSR's have been rude and not at all helpful, and I am so fed up with Cricut, that as soon as another company has a large enough base product line, I will never be giving money to cricut EVER again!

However... I finally got my update to work.

This is what I did:

Deleted my antivirus
Deleted Cricut craft room and uninstalled it
Updated adobe air
Reinstalled cricut craft room
Restarted my laptop
Plugged the cricut back in opened craft room, and the update was success!

Good luck!

mechegamizelizalde6b5d1504 Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 10:36:32 PM(UTC)
mechegamizelizalde6b5d1504

Hello!!!

Im from Mexico, and just got my Expressions 2 machine. Since Im so far away from the US, my easiest option buying cartridges is doing it digitally.

The thing is, when I'm in the CCR and try to cut, it does starts cutting, but the it says "Imagine connection lost", and it just stops whatever it was cutting. Then it says "Sevice error". I hope someone could guide me, I'm new and scared haha. Crying

Thank you so much.