Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
GypsyBoricua Offline
#91 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:04:56 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 409 post(s)
Watch out E2 owners, you guys are next and probably pretty soon.

The E2 uses the Imagine Art cartridge, and PC no longer is making Imagine Art Cartridges, so what about the port in the E2?

If they were planning on keeping the E2, they could still produce Imagine Art Cartridges for both machines and this would be a way to incentivize someone who does not have an E2 to purchase one (I don't have one).

The fact that they are not going to produce anymore Imagine Art let's me know that the E2 has been discontinued as well and they are just not letting us know so that they and their vendors can still continue to sell what inventory they have.

Think of it, if they are not discontinuing the E2, they could continue to produce Imagine Art cartridges and that would appease an Imagine user somewhat. I always knew I would never buy a second Imagine if mine died, but I always thought I would then buy an E2 so that I could use my Imagine Art carts. But if they are no longer going to make them, then there is no incentive to buy the E2. So they must be discontinuing the E2 as well, but have too many to make the announcement.

No E2 for me. I will not be fooled again.

1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Multicrafter Amy Offline
#92 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:53:44 PM(UTC)
Multicrafter Amy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 13201 time(s) in 2327 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
Watch out E2 owners, you guys are next and probably pretty soon.

The E2 uses the Imagine Art cartridge, and PC no longer is making Imagine Art Cartridges, so what about the port in the E2?

If they were planning on keeping the E2, they could still produce Imagine Art Cartridges for both machines and this would be a way to incentivize someone who does not have an E2 to purchase one (I don't have one).

The fact that they are not going to produce anymore Imagine Art let's me know that the E2 has been discontinued as well and they are just not letting us know so that they and their vendors can still continue to sell what inventory they have.

Think of it, if they are not discontinuing the E2, they could continue to produce Imagine Art cartridges and that would appease an Imagine user somewhat. I always knew I would never buy a second Imagine if mine died, but I always thought I would then buy an E2 so that I could use my Imagine Art carts. But if they are no longer going to make them, then there is no incentive to buy the E2. So they must be discontinuing the E2 as well, but have too many to make the announcement.

No E2 for me. I will not be fooled again.

I doubt they will stop making the E2 because of the Imagine cartridge port on it. It was added in my opinion as just another option. I don't own a E2 and it having the Imagine port never enticed me to buy it because it does not print. I find the Imagine Art cartridges have too many details on them that are printed to look good as a cut from the E2. I think there are very few cuts that would be any good from any Imagine Art cart in an E2.
scrapalette Offline
#93 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:21:39 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MultiCrafter Amy Go to Quoted Post
I doubt they will stop making the E2 because of the Imagine cartridge port on it. It was added in my opinion as just another option. I don't own a E2 and it having the Imagine port never enticed me to buy it because it does not print. I find the Imagine Art cartridges have too many details on them that are printed to look good as a cut from the E2. I think there are very few cuts that would be any good from any Imagine Art cart in an E2.

The E2 can separate the Imagine images and cut them as layers, just like you do with the other carts with layered images.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Jen Offline
#94 Posted : Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:24:32 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cricut Lisa Go to Quoted Post
There are a number of things that come into play when doing an update.
1) You need to have a highspeed broadband internet connection.
2) Exceptions and allowances need to be set up for your antivirus and firewall so that the update can travel through uninterrupted.
3) You need to update frequently. This assures that you are not trying to download very large updates.
This will allow the updates to be delivered efficiently. As you stated in your post, our customer service agents are more than happy to help you with your updates if assistance is needed. Please call 1-877-7CRICUT and we will gladly walk you through the update. We are open M-F 7AM - 6PM MST.

Cricut Lisa

Thank you Cricut Lisa for your reply. Let me comment on this:
1. Yes I do have a hight speed broadband internet connection Which is very costly, thank you.
2. Never had a problem with anitvirus or firewall issues. It is my machine which has had issues, just not enough to send back.
3. I should not have had an issue with my Imagine out of the box (not to mention 2 faulty power cords as well). This has no bearing what so ever on updates. I wasn't even able to set it up in the begining. Thankfully PC customer service was able to help, although there was a time where she was concerned about how slow things were going that she needed to place me on hold so she could confirm what was going on with my machine and why. As far as other updates I have been able to do one with no problems. Like others I decided to wait to do updates as not to fry my machine. I can only imagine if others as well as me would have done every single update as soon as they came out what that would have resulted in. A huge expense for PC in replacement machines.

Now my question about what happens if we update and it fries our machine still has not been addressed. Right now I don't need to update. But it will just be a matter of time before I need to do an update in order to use HP inks. So even with my said extended warranty having a year left. I will one day be like other Imagine owners and be out of warranty and then what will PC do if a faulty update affects my Imagine and renders it not usable?

I think it would be in PC's best interest to offer some kind of compensation to Imagine owners for leaving us high and dry per say. After all we did trust PC and invested a lot of hard earned money in the products we purchased.

I do enjoy my Expressions, as well as yes my Cameo. I will continue to use my toys for yearS to come. The Expression was a nice addition to the electronic cartridge based die cutting machine. PC made it very cear they were cartridge based system. This is where it should have stopped. Create a machine, support that machine, create accessories for said machine and support said machine, period. I can only imagine all these mistakes have had to have cost PC a lot of money as well as customers.

Edited by user Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:34:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Jen for this useful post.
CherylfromOz Offline
#95 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:17:45 AM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 250 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Two words

I'M DONE
 2 users thanked CherylfromOz for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/28/2012(UTC), Scraptastic on 11/29/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#96 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:26:50 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
This review of Provo Craft was written August 5, 2012, by a former Systems Engineer for Provo Craft......... It's anonymous........ that needs to be taken into consideration........

http://www.glassdoor.com...d-Novelty-RVW1810833.htm

Cut and Paste form the link above:

“Great the first year before all the changes”
Former Systems Engineer in South Jordan, UT – Reviewed Aug 5, 2012
Pros – It had the small company kind of feel to it
Everybody knows everyone and lots of team activities
We would do weekly "treat days" with all the Account Team and IT
Lots of opportunity to learn and gain valuable experience
Opportunity to "do things right" and correct a lot of the mistakes and messes that were done in the past by prior employees
Lots of eye candy
Cons – -Working excessive hours in support of the company
-Too many problems with the infrastructure when I started there (although things were much better with that when I left)
-Not enough recognition for hard work and going above and beyond. All I ever got was "you shouldn't be doing that this way or getting written up for doing "what I had to" to keep the business running when things went down or for working too many hours - when the job required it
-After the move to South Jordan lots of people got on their "high horse" and the sales numbers weren't doing too well. Lots of job cuts and that's when I chose to leave.
- There was no more room to grow my career besides upper management
- Senior Management (aka Executives) were spending way too much money on expensive trips. Like CHA, where we would send half the company employees (150+ employees) across the country.
Advice to Senior Management – Listen to your employees ideas. When I first started there, Provo Craft prided themselves on listening and encouraging employees ideas. Things didn't feel that way by the time I left. Spend money wisely, don't hemorrhage in areas that are not needed (travel, expensive meals, etc) and instead of focus on important areas of financing such as IT infrastructure, research, and development. Stop releasing products too fast and instead focus on quality and value of the new products. Nobody wants to spend $300+ on a new Cricut Device just to be outsold by a newer one that does twice as much 2 months later.
Less
Former employee - worked at Provo Craft and Novelty full time for more than a year
Compensation & Benefits Senior Leadership Work/Life Balance Culture & Values Career Opportunities Disapproves CEO Rating

There are currently 2 reviews ........ you can read them both here:

http://www.glassdoor.com...elty-Reviews-E150832.htm

WOW !!! Not only do PC not listen to their customers, they don't even listen to their "valued" staff. Says it all really !

GypsyBoricua Offline
#97 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:01:37 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

My point was, creating new Imagine Art Carts would probably appease some Imagine owners and it would be a good incentive to buy an E2. Some one who owns an Imagine, like myself, but doesn't own an E2, might feel that all is not lost as you could purchase an E2 and still use your I-Art carts. I-Art carts images can be nicely cut once you separate the layers, as per Scraplette.

Carts that are exclusive to the E2 through the I-Art carts would make the machine more desireable. Just think how many people pay full price for CTMH and CM carts.

Right after the E2 came out, I thought about buying the E2 because I would be able to use my I-Art carts in it and retire my Expression. Since there were so many issues with the I and issues with the E2, I held off, and I am glad I did. I won't be buying an E2, I just won't give PC anymore of my money. They are not an ethical and moral company.

The E2 is toast, the writing is on the wall, but PC and it's vendors have too much inventory out there for them to make an announcement. Just like they did with the Imagine. Lie, lie, lie until 90% of the inventory is gone.

Who would buy a full priced machine knowing it was being discontinued? If it was dirt cheap, yeah I would buy one. I bought my bug for $35.00, bought my Create for $43 and Cake mini for $46 all on Ebay. I wouldn't have a problem buying an E2 for a third or less of current full price.

JMHO

GracefulGrammar Offline
#98 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:44:00 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1943 time(s) in 932 post(s)
My point was, creating new Imagine Art Carts would probably appease some Imagine owners and it would be a good incentive to buy an E2. Some one who owns an Imagine, like myself, but doesn't own an E2, might feel that all is not lost as you could purchase an E2 and still use your I-Art carts. I-Art carts images can be nicely cut once you separate the layers, as per Scraplette.

Carts that are exclusive to the E2 through the I-Art carts would make the machine more desireable. Just think how many people pay full price for CTMH and CM carts.

Right after the E2 came out, I thought about buying the E2 because I would be able to use my I-Art carts in it and retire my Expression. Since there were so many issues with the I and issues with the E2, I held off, and I am glad I did. I won't be buying an E2, I just won't give PC anymore of my money. They are not an ethical and moral company.

The E2 is toast, the writing is on the wall, but PC and it's vendors have too much inventory out there for them to make an announcement. Just like they did with the Imagine. Lie, lie, lie until 90% of the inventory is gone.

Who would buy a full priced machine knowing it was being discontinued? If it was dirt cheap, yeah I would buy one. I bought my bug for $35.00, bought my Create for $43 and Cake mini for $46 all on Ebay. I wouldn't have a problem buying an E2 for a third or less of current full price.

JMHO

Gypsy, I wouldn't want to use most of Imagine art in the E2......... it would just be a shape........ and I already have tons of basic shapes on my original carts. The fact that the E2 has an imagine port cart isn't an incentive to me......

It doesn't bother me that PC is discontinuing a machine......... that's the way with technology....... it has a real life of about 18 months BUT what does bother me is that PC puts out products and the products don't operate as promised out of the box........... PC made many claims about what the Imagine can do and discontinuing the Imagine does NOT relieve PC from the moral and ethical commitment they have to their customers that the machine will perform as PC promised it would, in my opinion.

I really don't care which cutter is better, I have them all. It was evident over a year ago that PC had discontinued production of the Imagine....... I feel very strongly the Provo Craft should deliver what they promised to their customers in the Imagine.......plain and simple........ Discontinuing production of the Imagine doesn't mean that PC isn't obligated to deliver the machine they promised Imagine buyers. If PC can't do that, I feel they need to compensated Imagine owners in some way!

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
unregistered Offline
#99 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:45:50 AM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Can the E2 read registration marks? I am thinking PC will go to "print & cut" using your own printer to print. I didn't know if the E2 or Mini could read those marks, I am not familiar at all with those machines.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#100 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:05:22 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Gypsy, I wouldn't want to use most of Imagine art in the E2......... it would just be a shape........ and I already have tons of basic shapes on my original carts. The fact that the E2 has an imagine port cart isn't an incentive to me......

It doesn't bother me that PC is discontinuing a machine......... that's the way with technology....... it has a real life of about 18 months BUT what does bother me is that PC puts out products and the products don't operate as promised out of the box........... PC made many claims about what the Imagine can do and discontinuing the Imagine does NOT relieve PC from the moral and ethical commitment they have to their customers that the machine will perform as PC promised it would, in my opinion.

I really don't care which cutter is better, I have them all. It was evident over a year ago that PC had discontinued production of the Imagine....... I feel very strongly the Provo Craft should deliver what they promised to their customers in the Imagine.......plain and simple........ Discontinuing production of the Imagine doesn't mean that PC isn't obligated to deliver the machine they promised Imagine buyers. If PC can't do that, I feel they need to compensated Imagine owners in some way!

Thanks for your response Grammar. You are right, it is not an incentive for most people, but it is an incentive for many. But if you know a machine is being discontinued, unless you can get it dirt cheap, you won't buy it.

Here's the thing, if I didn't peruse this messageboard and found out that my I carts (art only) are interchangeable with the E2 and I found out the I was being discontinued, I would be more compelled to purchase an E2 so that I could continue to use my I carts. There is some really beautiful art work on them and if you separate out the layers, the cuts should be pretty good, as per everything I've read on this messageboard and PC's statements. However, if I knew that the E2 was also being discontinued, I wouldn't purchase it. Why throw good money after bad money (or however the saying goes).

Yes, what PC has done to we Imagine users is unethical and immoral, but what is our recourse except for to vent on this MB and ncver purchase a PC machine again. If they cannot or will not make good on their promises, they should, at least, offer us something.

When I go to BestBuy, they always have electronics that are being discontinued, but they let you know that and you can make a good decision. I bought a TV that way 10 years ago and it just recently died. But I knew it was a discontinued TV and it was dirt cheap, hence I bought it.

The fact that they are no longer make I-Art carts indicates to me that the E2 is also being discontinued, but their and their vendors inventory is high so they need to get rid of them before they make the announcement, just like they did with the Imagine.

It was a year ago that it was mistakenly said by a PC employee that manufacturing of the Imagine had stopped. That's when the rumours started about it being discontinued. Do you think they would make that mistake again, especially now that the I and perhaps the G are discontinued.

That's all I'm saying.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#101 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:23:32 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Thanks for your response Grammar. You are right, it is not an incentive for most people, but it is an incentive for many. But if you know a machine is being discontinued, unless you can get it dirt cheap, you won't buy it.

Here's the thing, if I didn't peruse this messageboard and found out that my I carts (art only) are interchangeable with the E2 and I found out the I was being discontinued, I would be more compelled to purchase an E2 so that I could continue to use my I carts. There is some really beautiful art work on them and if you separate out the layers, the cuts should be pretty good, as per everything I've read on this messageboard and PC's statements. However, if I knew that the E2 was also being discontinued, I wouldn't purchase it. Why throw good money after bad money (or however the saying goes).

Yes, what PC has done to we Imagine users is unethical and immoral, but what is our recourse except for to vent on this MB and ncver purchase a PC machine again. If they cannot or will not make good on their promises, they should, at least, offer us something.

When I go to BestBuy, they always have electronics that are being discontinued, but they let you know that and you can make a good decision. I bought a TV that way 10 years ago and it just recently died. But I knew it was a discontinued TV and it was dirt cheap, hence I bought it.

The fact that they are no longer make I-Art carts indicates to me that the E2 is also being discontinued, but their and their vendors inventory is high so they need to get rid of them before they make the announcement, just like they did with the Imagine.

It was a year ago that it was mistakenly said by a PC employee that manufacturing of the Imagine had stopped. That's when the rumours started about it being discontinued. Do you think they would make that mistake again, especially now that the I and perhaps the G are discontinued.

That's all I'm saying.

ALMOST any time technology is priced at big discount that is a major indication that the item is headed for the boneyard. That doesn't mean that there isn't some life left in the product.......It just means that something better is on the way OR the product didn't live up to what was promised. That doesn't relieve the company from delivering what was promised.

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:39:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GypsyBoricua on 10/28/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#102 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:35:03 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

What a damn mess all this is !!!!!

And what are PC doing to placate their loyal customers, apart from abandoning us - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !!! They've made their money and are in a position to run.

Rats and sinking ships springs to mind!

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:37:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GypsyBoricua Offline
#103 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 8:57:00 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

ALMOST any time technology is priced at big discount that is a major indication that the item is headed for the boneyard. Thats doesn't mean that there isn't some life left in the product.......It just means that something better is on the way OR the product didn't live up to what was promised. That doesn't relieve the company from delivering what was promised.

That's my point exactly. And this is just my opinion. I believe they have already discontinued the E2 but have not told us so. This way, those of us who have an Imagine and don't have the E2 will think about purchasing an E2 so that we can continue to use our I-Art carts, so that we will feel all is not lost, we are still getting something out of our huge purchase. And I am being honest about this, I would think about it. But because of all that has happened with the Imagine, I would never buy another machine from PC. However, I am an informed customer because I bought my Imagine at launch. I know all the promises that were made on HSN by you know who and none of those promises have materialized. However, many more people did not buy at launch and so don't know what the promises were and are seeing the machine through different lenses. If someone, who is not as informed, purchased the Imagine and it died after warranty, I think they would consider buying an E2 so that they could use both types of carts with it.

It is just like the elections, if you are just now tuning in, you would think that Mitt Romney loves women and would do nothing to take away their rights and might vote for him. However, if you have been watching since the primaries you would have a different perspective and realize that he does want to take a woman's right away, regardless of what that right is.

More information leads you to make an informed decision of what is best for you and yours.

I would not buy an E2 (unless dirt cheap, and I mean under $75) because of PC's reputation of being immoral and unethical with their customers regarding the Imagine and the Gypsy, because of the lies.

JMHO
Scrapperdee Offline
#104 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:43:02 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4187 time(s) in 2402 post(s)
This way, those of us who have an Imagine and don't have the E2 will think about purchasing an E2 so that we can continue to use our I-Art carts, so that we will feel all is not lost, we are still getting something out of our huge purchase.

No one with an imagine would be stupid enough to purchase an E2 because there's no way to PRINT off the the E2 - just because you can cut from the imagine carts on the E2 doesn't make it a worthwhile thing to do/own - the cuts from an imagine cart through an E2 just look like blobs of cuts that don't layer well...because they don't have PRINTING on them.

I always thought that having the plug for the imagine cartridge was STUPID because unless they get the E2 to plug-in/print off your own (or A) printer...its a false advertising ploy! They may plug into the machine, they may cut on the E2, but they don't resemble what is in the imagine carts because it doesn't PRINT!

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:44:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 10/28/2012(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#105 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:32:53 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6913 time(s) in 2814 post(s)

A couple of your comments mirrored exactly how I feel.

I agree with you. It doesn't bother me either that PC is discontinuing the Imagine.
That is the way it is with technology as you said. I completely agree.

I too could care less who thinks what cutter is the better cutter.
Because we all have different needs from the tools we use for crafting.
What works out for one person may not work out for another person.

What matters to me right now. Is I have the machines I want. They function well.
That's all that matters to me. I can keep on crafting.

As far as what the future holds for what machines are on the market next.
I'm not even going to worry about it. I have crafting to do.
This announcement isn't going to take away my joy for crafting.
It's just a machine.

I don't need/want the most popular machine of the moment.
I want the machines with features I need to complete the types of projects I'm working.
Those of us that want to continue using the Imagine for years to come.
We bought back ups so it is possible to continue using the Imagine cartridges.

The E2 taking the Imagine art cartridges is not an incentive to me to buy the E2 either.
It made more sense to me to buy a back up Imagine. It works for me. It meets my crafting needs.
What happens down the line if a machine breaks. Then it breaks and I can do more research on what products are on the market at that time.

The first and foremost thing for myself right now. Is to enjoy the things I have.
Use them for what they can do. Most importantly enjoy my hobby.
 2 users thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 10/28/2012(UTC), Soshescraps on 10/28/2012(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#106 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:50:50 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

That's my point exactly. And this is just my opinion. I believe they have already discontinued the E2 but have not told us so. This way, those of us who have an Imagine and don't have the E2 will think about purchasing an E2 so that we can continue to use our I-Art carts, so that we will feel all is not lost, we are still getting something out of our huge purchase. And I am being honest about this, I would think about it. But because of all that has happened with the Imagine, I would never buy another machine from PC. However, I am an informed customer because I bought my Imagine at launch. I know all the promises that were made on HSN by you know who and none of those promises have materialized. However, many more people did not buy at launch and so don't know what the promises were and are seeing the machine through different lenses. If someone, who is not as informed, purchased the Imagine and it died after warranty, I think they would consider buying an E2 so that they could use both types of carts with it.

It is just like the elections, if you are just now tuning in, you would think that Mitt Romney loves women and would do nothing to take away their rights and might vote for him. However, if you have been watching since the primaries you would have a different perspective and realize that he does want to take a woman's right away, regardless of what that right is.

More information leads you to make an informed decision of what is best for you and yours.

I would not buy an E2 (unless dirt cheap, and I mean under $75) because of PC's reputation of being immoral and unethical with their customers regarding the Imagine and the Gypsy, because of the lies.

JMHO

I feel the prices are inflated at debut to accommodate Easy Pay...... instead of charging interest, the price is raised to make up for the lack of interest charged over 5 or 6 months....... When the product goes to other retailers the price goes down because there is no Easy Pay............ There is just no such thing as a free lunch, in my opinion.

I bought my E2 6 weeks ago for 199........ at has been $199 at Js and Ms for months, since last Black Friday. Looking through the current Joann's mailer, the E2 price is now $270........ a 28% (approx) price increase for what the machine has been selling for over the last year...... go figure???

As far as the presidential election........ I won't comment :-)

GracefulGrammar Offline
#107 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:55:23 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post
No one with an imagine would be stupid enough to purchase an E2 because there's no way to PRINT off the the E2 - just because you can cut from the imagine carts on the E2 doesn't make it a worthwhile thing to do/own - the cuts from an imagine cart through an E2 just look like blobs of cuts that don't layer well...because they don't have PRINTING on them.

I always thought that having the plug for the imagine cartridge was STUPID because unless they get the E2 to plug-in/print off your own (or A) printer...its a false advertising ploy! They may plug into the machine, they may cut on the E2, but they don't resemble what is in the imagine carts because it doesn't PRINT!

I have always thought the new port was on the E2 to accommodate a possible change in original cart style if PC decided to move the original carts to a more current format........ I don't for a minute believe it had anything to do with using imagine carts........imho

Multicrafter Amy Offline
#108 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:03:00 PM(UTC)
Multicrafter Amy

United States

I have always thought the new port was on the E2 to accommodate a possible change in original cart style if PC decided to move the original carts to a more current format........ I don't for a minute believe it had anything to do with using imagine carts........imho

Never thought of that. That seems reasonable to me.
Multicrafter Amy Offline
#109 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:06:41 PM(UTC)
Multicrafter Amy

United States

I feel the prices are inflated at debut to accommodate Easy Pay...... instead of charging interest, the price is raised to make up for the lack of interest charged over 5 or 6 months....... When the product goes to other retailers the price goes down because there is no Easy Pay............ There is just no such thing as a free lunch, in my opinion.

I bought my E2 6 weeks ago for 199........ at has been $199 at Js and Ms for months, since last Black Friday. Looking through the current Joann's mailer, the E2 price is now $270........ a 28% (approx) price increase for what the machine has been selling for over the last year...... go figure???

As far as the presidential election........ I won't comment :-)

So are you having luck with the new E2 this time around? If I ever need to replace my current E. I am wondering if the bugs have all been worked out with this machine yet.

Edited by user Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:07:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GracefulGrammar Offline
#110 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:24:06 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

So are you having luck with the new E2 this time around? If I ever need to replace my current E. I am wondering if the bugs have all been worked out with this machine yet.

This is my 3rd E, I made arrangements with the manager of the store where I purchased it that if there were any mechanical problems (my 1st machine the USB port was shattered) I could return it for a full refund. He said he would honor that. My 2nd E I sold, wonky circles and scallops. The 3rd E suffers from wonky circles and scallops, but my gypsy is 3 years old and when it dies I will not replace it. I need an E with the screen, I am so visual that i really struggle with the expression as far as object size and mat placement.

I posted about problems this E2 was having a few weeks back in CCR....... I haven't tried the E2 with the the new version of CCR yet:

http://www.cricut.com/fo...-issues.aspx#post1544065

http://www.cricut.com/fo...-issues.aspx#post1562085
Multicrafter Amy on 10/28/2012(UTC)
TerpsFan Offline
#111 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 2:54:46 PM(UTC)
TerpsFan

Was thanked: 208 time(s) in 89 post(s)

JMHO

Seriously, what does this have to do with the machines? And I guess you don't know anyone who is UNEMPLOYED! JMHO

1 user thanked TerpsFan for this useful post.
Moxy77 on 10/28/2012(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#112 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:13:51 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Originally Posted by: TerpsFan Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, what does this have to do with the machines? And I guess you don't know anyone who is UNEMPLOYED! JMHO

To answer your first question, I was using that as an example. Ever heard of using something unrelated as an example?

To anwer your 2nd question, I wasn unemployed for over 2 years, lost my health insurance, 401k went into a garbage can used it all up to survive and finally found a job that provides no health insurance. Unfortunately, I am still without health insurance because the full extent of the affordable care act has not kicked in and with my health history, I cannot afford it, even in the high risk pools. So I will be going to the free clinic for another 2 years until the affordable care act kicks in. I'm lucky, I live in Berkeley, where people actually help other people.

A woman's right to control her own body IS AN ECONOMIC ISSUE, equal pay for equal work IS AN ECONOMIC ISSUE, a woman's body is NOT A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION so higher cost for health insurance for women IS AN ECONOMIC ISSUE and I could go on.

Funny thing how you never hear of anyone being outraged that Viagara is covered by most health insurance companies? Could it be that Viagra is for men and it is considered AN ECONOMIC ISSUE but women's needs for their own bodies ARE NOT CONSIDERED ECONOMIC ISSUES BUT SOCIAL ISSUES?

sewnmachine on 10/29/2012(UTC)
dailyscrapper Offline
#113 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:27:26 PM(UTC)
dailyscrapper

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 101 post(s)
To answer your first question, I was using that as an example. Ever heard of using something unrelated as an example?

To anwer your 2nd question, I wasn unemployed for over 2 years, lost my health insurance, 401k went into a garbage can used it all up to survive and finally found a job that provides no health insurance. Unfortunately, I am still without health insurance because the full extent of the affordable care act has not kicked in and with my health history, I cannot afford it, even in the high risk pools. So I will be going to the free clinic for another 2 years until the affordable care act kicks in. I'm lucky, I live in Berkeley, where people actually help other people.

A woman's right to control her own body IS AN ECONOMIC ISSUE, equal pay for equal work IS AN ECONOMIC ISSUE, a woman's body is NOT A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION so higher cost for health insurance for women IS AN ECONOMIC ISSUE and I could go on.

Funny thing how you never hear of anyone being outraged that Viagara is covered by most health insurance companies? Could it be that Viagra is for men and it is considered AN ECONOMIC ISSUE but women's needs for their own bodies ARE NOT CONSIDERED ECONOMIC ISSUES BUT SOCIAL ISSUES?

SERIOUSLY if you turn this into a political argument then we will lose track of why everyone is upset here. Find a different analogy because all you will do with this is fuel a fire that does not need to be started on this board. you wanna argue politics find some other place.

1 user thanked dailyscrapper for this useful post.
Moxy77 on 10/28/2012(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Offline
#114 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:37:37 PM(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapbooking_Grandma Go to Quoted Post
I for one am very greatful PC put this issue to rest. Now with the Official Announcement.

Kudos to PC for stepping up and finally announcing this to their loyal customers.

It was the right and honest thing to do.

I have no regrets buying the Imagine. I have never had any big issues with my Imagine.

I did however buy a back up so I plan on using my Imagines for a very long time.

Thank You Nathon for coming here to annouce this!!

***Just a note to the owners of Imagines. If there is a cartridge out there you need/want.

They are selling out every where and for cheap!!! So get them before they are gone!!

Good info but my only concern is that some of those carts might require an update. As was already stated, updates may render your machine inoperable. They won't have anymore to send you a new one. You might get luck enough to get a refurbished one --but I doubt it. They might be willing to repair one you send to them. I'll bet it's going to cost PLENTY in shipping and handling, let alone in the actual repair bill. I quit buying carts for my Imagine shortly after the rumors started. No one could pay me to do an update or frankly to buy another cart of any kind. You sound thrilled with your Imagine and that's great. My purchasing of any PC electronic products is DONE. I'll be watching to see if they produce things under another name or in cooperation with any other companies too (hint-hint). I was fortunate to get an Imagine at the initial release and have had no problems whatsoever. I understand that they are a corporation and they have to watch their bottom line. They are doing this to maintain profits. Well PC, I'm a consumer and a person. I'll invest my fun-money in companies who show longer term support in the products I have interest in. I believe that the bottom is dropping out of scrapbooking anyway. Quilting, knitting, jewelry making and embroidery/sewing are eating a big part of the craft market. PC, you dropped the Knifty Knitter stuff and now you're going belly-up after that P.O.S. Internet based machine and your CCR. I don't know who's driving that bus but they seem to be running it into the ground. Good luck!
HisGem Offline
#115 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:56:22 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 486 time(s) in 334 post(s)
Well I for one am not surprised by this announcement. I was a very loyal consumer of PC; however, I am not anymore. PC tells lie after lie after lie…every time they are on HSN, there are more lies. I grew tired of it! I got the Imagine at launch because it supposedly was:
1. Gypsy compatible
a. Images could be manipulated
b. Could change/mix colors/patterns
2. You could flood images without losing detail
These were lies and still are lies. Then they said, “Oh, we are working on an update to make it Gypsy compatible. Well now it is Gypsy “compatible”. It does the same thing as it would if I was working on the machine itself. That is not a bonus. Furthermore, it is not what was promised. These were important to me because there are not a lot of images on the Imagine that looks like me or my family. I have said something about this before. There are a lot of nationalities that are not represented. Many people shared my frustration.
I have not used my Imagine with CCR because I am afraid my machine will not work. People should not be afraid to update; updates should be done with confidence. When I update my Ipad, I have no worries. When I update my Gazelle for the 3point registration, I will be confident in knowing my machine would function properly.
Over the years PC has had a track record of misleading people. Yes in the beginning I was aware of it being a cartridge based machine. HOWEVER, the presenter said you can make your images. I thought great. I can have the best of both worlds only to find out that was not true. It did not bother me at the time because I was still learning. Then I discovered the 3rd party software. I bought it and could not be happier only to find PC sued them a few weeks later. I was in a position to purchase another machine that I could use. Then PC comes out with this pitiful software; need I say more? I use it only because I am on my computer anyway and I can use it with the Mini. I rather use my 3rd party software, Silhouette Studio and Fun Time. Instead of suing the two software creators, PC should have hired them!
I enjoy using the machines I have (Expression 1&2, Imagine, Cake, Mini and Original) I just don’t stand by the company anymore. I have not bought any cartridges for a long time and I do not plan on purchasing any machines. My Imagine is starting to act up. If it dies, I will be very disappointed! It saddens me that they are discontinuing the biggest hype after only two years, but I am not surprised… I will just master PNC on the Cameo, Gazelle(once I update it) and Cougar and find similar images somewhere else.
 4 users thanked HisGem for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 10/28/2012(UTC), Shadow on 10/29/2012(UTC), AngelaMcLean1 on 10/29/2012(UTC), CraftyNetta on 10/30/2012(UTC)
Eeyore2005 Offline
#116 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:06:25 PM(UTC)
Eeyore2005

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I've been away from the crafting world for awhile now, life got in the way. I'm getting my craftroom in order and setting things up so I can scrap again. My Imagine has a spot on my new desk. I was so excited to come here hoping to learn that they fixed the bugs and it will work the way it was supposed to with the Gypsy and CCR. Now I find out they're discontinuing it. I haven't purchased a cartridge in over a year and I refuse to do so now. This machine has not been on the market that long and it's another in a long line of machines that NEVER did EVERYTHING that was PROMISED right out of the box. We were told updates were coming and they were only a few short months away. MONTHS....try YEARS...and I guess after this news try NEVER. I fully plan on contacting my Better Business Bureau along with my State Attorney General as well as a private attorney to see what can be done to compensate for PC's false advertising. It seems to me PC is after the all mighty dollar and not interested in satisfying or working with their customers, especially after they learned they could not honor the promises they made. This was an expensive machine. I saved up and sold my Pazzle so I could purchase my Imagine. Boy am I regretting that now. PC will never see another dollar from me. I will no longer be purchasing Cricut, Cuttlebug, or any other type of merchandise they sell. I still have my original E that I've never updated so it does work with 3rd party software and I don't plan on updating it. I had such high hopes for this company. I started scrapping after my Dad passed in 2006 and I chose to go with the cricut since I was just starting the craft. No more for me thanks. Once I run out of cutting mats, ink, and blades, I plan on selling my whole lot (Imagine, Expression, Gypsy, Carridges) and be done with PC once and for all. Thanks PC for making me a smarter consumer. I'll be reading reviews and making my next major purchase after it's been out for awhile.
 1 user thanked Eeyore2005 for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/29/2012(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#117 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 2:09:00 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Originally Posted by: ~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Go to Quoted Post
Good info but my only concern is that some of those carts might require an update. As was already stated, updates may render your machine inoperable. They won't have anymore to send you a new one. You might get luck enough to get a refurbished one --but I doubt it. They might be willing to repair one you send to them. I'll bet it's going to cost PLENTY in shipping and handling, let alone in the actual repair bill. I quit buying carts for my Imagine shortly after the rumors started. No one could pay me to do an update or frankly to buy another cart of any kind. You sound thrilled with your Imagine and that's great. My purchasing of any PC electronic products is DONE. I'll be watching to see if they produce things under another name or in cooperation with any other companies too (hint-hint). I was fortunate to get an Imagine at the initial release and have had no problems whatsoever. I understand that they are a corporation and they have to watch their bottom line. They are doing this to maintain profits. Well PC, I'm a consumer and a person. I'll invest my fun-money in companies who show longer term support in the products I have interest in. I believe that the bottom is dropping out of scrapbooking anyway. Quilting, knitting, jewelry making and embroidery/sewing are eating a big part of the craft market. PC, you dropped the Knifty Knitter stuff and now you're going belly-up after that P.O.S. Internet based machine and your CCR. I don't know who's driving that bus but they seem to be running it into the ground. Good luck!

I understand people are afraid to update. I sat here on pins and needles through the updates too. I did the updates while my machine was under warrenty. I made it through all the updates successfully. My machines are up-to-date. I can use the new inks.
IDK why my machines updated with out issues while others machines were fried from them.
No one has really come out and explained why some could update with out issues and others had issues.

The way I updated my Imagines is I did one up date at a time. First content then support etc.
I also would not update my Imagines during peak hours. I made sure it would be time when I felt the servers wouldn't be jammbed with traffic. I often times updated my machines in early morning. Where it would be less likely that their servers would be jammed with traffic.
IDK if that was the difference or not. But, my updates came through successfully.
If I had to 'guess' people were doing the updates all at once. Then if there was a break in communication through the internet. It would render the machine inoperable. Depending on where it was in the update. IDK but I think it's possible.
Not to mention PC servers weren't the best either. They didn't test the servers until CCR came along to see if it could handle the extra traffic.
Even though they upgraded their servers now. I still don't think their servers can handle the traffic. I've been using CCR and getting server errors too.

I do think PC is obligated to repair machines that were render useless from the updates.
Actually I don't think the updates were the problem. I think they have inadequate servers to handle the traffic. Could be a combination of both. I'm sure PC knows the answer to that.

I did buy more cartridges for the Imagine after this announcement.
I couldn't pass up the 9.99 a cartridge deal that craft-e-corner is selling them for.
Especially if they are not going to manufacture them any more. I don't want the digital cartridge. I want the physical cartridge so I can use my Imagine as a stand alone machine.

Since the last update to CCR. I can print and cut. But, it cuts outside the flood lines.
My machine is calibrated correctly outside of CCR. So it has to be a bug with in CCR that causing it to cut outside the flood line. I wasted 10 sheets of paper dinking around with trying to get it to cut correctly with in CCR. I will just use my Imagine as a stand alone machine. It works fine that way.

As far as, if my Imagine stops working. I will just roll up my sleeves and open the machine up and see if it's something I can fix. I have fixed printers before. If the screen itself goes out I guess I'm sol on that one. I will contact CS then and see what, if anything, they can do.
But, right now I still have warrenty with HSN. So I will see if they could fix it.

You have to do what your comfortable with.

Good luck!!

Edited by user Monday, October 29, 2012 2:43:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shadow Offline
#118 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 2:57:42 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

I understand people are afraid to update. I sat here on pins and needles through the updates too. I did the updates while my machine was under warrenty. I made it through all the updates successfully. My machines are up-to-date. I can use the new inks.
IDK why my machines updated with out issues while others machines were fried from them.
No one has really come out and explained why some could update with out issues and others had issues.

The way I updated my Imagines is I did one up date at a time. First content then support etc.
I also would not update my Imagines during peak hours. I made sure it would be time when I felt the servers wouldn't be jammbed with traffic. I often times updated my machines in early morning. Where it would be less likely that their servers would be jammed with traffic.
IDK if that was the difference or not. But, my updates came through successfully.
If I had to 'guess' people were doing the updates all at once. Then if there was a break in communication through the internet. It would render the machine inoperable. Depending on where it was in the update. IDK but I think it's possible.
Not to mention PC servers weren't the best either. They didn't test the servers until CCR came along to see if it could handle the extra traffic.
Even though they upgraded their servers now. I still don't think their servers can handle the traffic. I've been using CCR and getting server errors too.

I do think PC is obligated to repair machines that were render useless from the updates.
Actually I don't think the updates were the problem. I think they have inadequate servers to handle the traffic. Could be a combination of both. I'm sure PC knows the answer to that.

I did buy more cartridges for the Imagine after this announcement.
I couldn't pass up the 9.99 a cartridge deal that craft-e-corner is selling them for.
Especially if they are not going to manufacture them any more. I don't want the digital cartridge. I want the physical cartridge so I can use my Imagine as a stand alone machine.

Since the last update to CCR. I can print and cut. But, it cuts outside the flood lines.
My machine is calibrated correctly outside of CCR. So it has to be a bug with in CCR that causing it to cut outside the flood line. I wasted 10 sheets of paper dinking around with trying to get it to cut correctly with in CCR. I will just use my Imagine as a stand alone machine. It works fine that way.

As far as, if my Imagine stops working. I will just roll up my sleeves and open the machine up and see if it's something I can fix. I have fixed printers before. If the screen itself goes out I guess I'm sol on that one. I will contact CS then and see what, if anything, they can do.
But, right now I still have warrenty with HSN. So I will see if they could fix it.

You have to do what your comfortable with.

Good luck!!

I understand your logic in updating gradually while your machines are still under warranty. But what about all the unfortunate people whose machines are out of warranty ????? What happens to them if their machines are fried thanks to an update - because as I understand it, PC aren't willing to refund/replace.

As for the statement of "discontinuing" the Imagine - I would have thought "abandoning" would be a more apt description

Edited by user Monday, October 29, 2012 3:00:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: More info

MaryScraps Offline
#119 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 3:27:03 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Originally Posted by: Shadow Go to Quoted Post
I understand your logic in updating gradually while your machines are still under warranty. But what about all the unfortunate people whose machines are out of warranty ????? What happens to them if their machines are fried thanks to an update - because as I understand it, PC aren't willing to refund/replace.

As for the statement of "discontinuing" the Imagine - I would have thought "abandoning" would be a more apt description

I have 2 Imagines one is under warranty the other is bought second hand with no warranty.
The previous owner did not do any of the updates. So I was very concerned at the time knowing I had large updates to do on this machine.

I updated the one with no warranty with no problems. I did it gradually(one update at a time) and outside of peak hours.

It did concern me while I was updating the one out of warranty. But, I did it anyways.
I needed the updates to do what I wanted the machine to do. It did me no good without the updates. I knew I was taking a risk.
I just did it. I needed the updates. Works like gem now.

This is not the first electronic device to be discontinued/abandoned.
The sega genesis orginal discontinued. The ninetendo is an orginal one discontinued.
They're no longer supported. They require cartridges. The games cost a small fortune too.

It is what it is with technology.
I understand everyone has a small fortune stuck into their machines. I do too.
Any electronic machine is going to be discontinued/abondoned at some point.
VHS players gone. DVD are getting rare. Now you have to have blue ray.
Movies aren't cheap either.
A lesson learned long ago when I put a small fortune on these products.

It's a fact of life as technology advances.

Best advice I can give is enjoy what you have while you have it.
If it's under warranty then do the updates before it is out of warranty.

If it's out of warranty then you need to make a decision.
Because eventually there won't be any Imagine ink available.
You will have to go with the other HP inks to continue to use your Imagine.
If you don't do the update then. At some point you won't be able to print with your Imagine.

Thats the bottom line right now.

1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
amerrick14ed05f7 on 10/29/2012(UTC)
TerpsFan Offline
#120 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:12:11 AM(UTC)
TerpsFan

Was thanked: 208 time(s) in 89 post(s)
I have 2 Imagines one is under warranty the other is bought second hand with no warranty.
The previous owner did not do any of the updates. So I was very concerned at the time knowing I had large updates to do on this machine.

I updated the one with no warranty with no problems. I did it gradually(one update at a time) and outside of peak hours.

It did concern me while I was updating the one out of warranty. But, I did it anyways.
I needed the updates to do what I wanted the machine to do. It did me no good without the updates. I knew I was taking a risk.
I just did it. I needed the updates. Works like gem now.

This is not the first electronic device to be discontinued/abandoned.
The sega genesis orginal discontinued. The ninetendo is an orginal one discontinued.
They're no longer supported. They require cartridges. The games cost a small fortune too.

It is what it is with technology.
I understand everyone has a small fortune stuck into their machines. I do too.
Any electronic machine is going to be discontinued/abondoned at some point.
VHS players gone. DVD are getting rare. Now you have to have blue ray.
Movies aren't cheap either.
A lesson learned long ago when I put a small fortune on these products.

It's a fact of life as technology advances.

Best advice I can give is enjoy what you have while you have it.
If it's under warranty then do the updates before it is out of warranty.

If it's out of warranty then you need to make a decision.
Because eventually there won't be any Imagine ink available.
You will have to go with the other HP inks to continue to use your Imagine.
If you don't do the update then. At some point you won't be able to print with your Imagine.

Thats the bottom line right now.

HEY PC, if you have a bunch of the Imagine ink sitting somewhere, how about GIVING it to your loyal customers?