Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<1718192021>»
M&KGrandma Offline
#541 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:14:21 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Good morning!
I hope Sheila and everyone traveling will make it home safely. This is unbelievable... I'm with you, Gwynne, I think I will just turn the TV to Disney and be done with it!!! Bill just came home and we took down the canopy on the deck. Even here in Ohio they are talking about huge winds and rain!!!! It is raining and has been since Saturday and it's also COLD!!!!! My fingers were frozen by the time we were done, but it's better than having it ripped to shreds since we just got it this summer!
Praying for all of you who will be in the path of Sandy....
Kimmo, have a very safe trip! Romainia! The only place out of the US I've traveled to has been Mexico and I hated it! I am such a nervous traveler anyway, so I plan on just staying on our soil!!! LOL!! Although I always have said I'd love to travel to England, Austria, and Denmark!
Off to make something to warm up!!!!!
Hugs,
Teri
KelleyRooks Offline
#542 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:44:10 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Hoping that everyone stays safe. Wishing you all the best and warmer weather.

Have a good day.

K
ScrappinGwen Offline
#543 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 7:47:14 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 537 post(s)
NO rain here yet...but I see it's now a little bit windy out. Not bad though. I'm so glad kids were able to get a half day in here. One less day to make up at end of year!

FYI: Kathy (heaven4333) is in need of a new computer and router, so she will not be the MB anytime soon, except hit and miss when she's at her sister's home. She is ready to mail this swap but will try to wait til Nov. 14th.....life is hectic with her DH's health issues right now.
DeniseE Offline
#544 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 11:42:32 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 322 time(s) in 295 post(s)
It has been raining for the past 24 hours and the winds are picking up. Expected landfall in Atlantic City NJ about 5:00PM or around that time then it takes that nasty left turn and heads into PA. Safe safe everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update while I can.

Denise
~Pamela~ Offline
#545 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 11:56:49 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I really hope all the East coast ladies are safe. Sandy just seems relentless!

I have one item for my partner finished and I am so happy with the way it came out. I have two others started that I am working on today so hopefully I will finish those two up in the next few day!

Hi to both my partner!

CraftyOldBat Offline
#546 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 12:54:29 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 399 time(s) in 334 post(s)
Still have power in central MA but the wind gusts are getting much gustier! It's a bit scarier heading into nightfall only because I won't be able to see what just broke or fell, but crossing fingers that the power stays on and remaining very thankful for what we have. Hope the rest of you are faring okay as well..
trvkladd Offline
#547 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 6:13:27 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi to all and to my SS and the one that has me~ I've been hard at work on your banner project all day! I love the way it's turning out. Hope you'll love it as well.

Hope everyone is having a great evening. To all the East Coasters Crafters stay safe/dry and warm. Will be keeping you all in our prayers till Sandy is gone. Hope this weather lets up soon and you all have a break

~Rebecca

Edited by user Monday, October 29, 2012 6:17:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JulieClawser Offline
#548 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:54:21 AM(UTC)
JulieClawser

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Hi everyone! Checking in from the East Coast... We are in southeast PA, and where we are, we were really spared. We had lots of rain and strong wind, but we never lost power, tv or Internet. I don't see any visible damage when I look outside, so we are saying prayers of thanks today! I hope all of our other friends on here made out just as well.

Sadly, my parents beach house is in Ocean City NJ, and while the house is likely ok, the beach, boardwalk and downtown got hit hard. The reports we're hearing are that there is lots of damage. The whole island is underwater and all of the roads are closed, so it will be days before anyone can get down there to assess damage and post pictures. Luckily we're not hearing of any injuries down there, so for that we are ultimately grateful.

My office closed today, so I'm home with DD... Hoping during her nap that I can start my partner's banner... I have it laid out in my Gypsy and I'm just itching to start cutting!

Have a great day everyone... Stay safe and dry fellow East Coasters!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#549 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:14:40 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Glad you survived the storm Julie!

I just feel awful for everyone who has attachments to any of the beaches along the coast.

We had already been considering doing a special vacation next summer with the grandchildren instead of our mini trip to Ocean City NJ and right now I'm thinking that is a good thing. Might be a good summer to not opt for the beach; would break my heart too much to not see everything the same as it's always been since I was a little kid!

Atleast all these vacation spots will have several months to repair and get back in order before the summer rentals start up. But oh I just feel so bad for all the chaos they will be dealing with!

noahsarkgirl Offline
#550 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:02:13 AM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
JCI! Waves to both partners!

Status update:

Day 1- idea
Day 2- idea
Day 3- supplies bought
Day 4- Done!!!!
Day 5- idea
Day 6- idea
Day 7- Done!!!!
Day 8- supplies bought
Day 9- idea
Day 10- idea
Day 11- idea
Day 12- supplies bought

I feel a little behind, but I'm working on another swap as well, which is about 1/2 way done. Plan on being crafty this weekend, and hope to finish my shopping in the next few weeks!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#551 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:22:21 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Thanks for checking in. With November just about here, and the DD a month away, it will be time to start paying more attention to this swap and checking in regularly. So keep that in mind all. Thanks!
DeniseKenna Offline
#552 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:37:16 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Hi Everyone!!! Man, hope all the hullabaloo caused by Sandy clears up for everyone soon. Such a pain getting stranded in airports etc. Flapper

True to form we got about 2.5 inches of snow last night. It is good because the white ground gives off some light. Of course people forget how to drive in snow between April and Oct. Trying to stay off the roads!

The MFT blog has some great banners posted if anyone wants to check them out! Love the craft paper on some of them. http://www.mftstamps.com/blog/?p=12815

Stay Safe and warm everyone and hope you have lots of Trick or Treaters!
DeniseE Offline
#553 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:08:38 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 322 time(s) in 295 post(s)
We had massive rain and winds...sustained at 78 mph at one point. We lost power at 8:20 last night and it came back on at 5;30 this morning. My family laughed when they found out I was crafting by flashlight at 2:30 this morning. On the plus side I was able to get quite a few things done craft wise without interruption. I had the forethought to cut out a few things with my E2 so I was able to finish some cards and made matching envelopes. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Denise
 1 user thanked DeniseE for this useful post.
CraftyOldBat on 10/30/2012(UTC)
M&KGrandma Offline
#554 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:23:50 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Good Morning!!
DeniseE... aren't we so resourceful when it comes to our crafting time??? Love that you got a lot done by flashlight!!!
Thanks for the link to those banners, DeniseKenna! They are awesome!! Great ideas there!
Finishing up another swap and then will devote the rest of the time to this one! I'm so glad i didn't overload with swaps this time... it makes it soooo much less stressful for me!!!
Have a great day!!
Teri
~Pamela~ Offline
#555 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:01:41 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

I hope everyone is safe and dry today, and that those without power get it back soon! This whole Sandy storm has me rethinking being so excited to go home to the East coast!

But for today HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Isadora is so ready for Trick or Treating tonight. We are going to Santa Monica, where Dan's mom lives again this year. We went last year and she had a blast. Everyone around Montana Ave. where his mom lives decorates their house over the top! So it is really fun to see and the streets are loaded with kids. She is already asking to put on her HULK costume and I am already thinking of ideas for layouts for the pictures we take tonight!

Here she is all Hulk-ed out! BigGrin I still can't believe she is going to be 4 years old in a week!

~Pamela~ attached the following image(s):
IMG_3371.jpg
ScrappinGwen Offline
#556 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:27:37 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

super cute Hulk, Pam.

I have not heard from Jean so I'm thinking she is without internet/cable. She has a generator for electric though.

KelleyRooks Offline
#557 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:44:07 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Denise, you need one of these - LOL...

http://www.cricutdirect....attery_Pack_p/60872.htm

It is a battery pack for your cricut so you can use it when the power is out.BigGrin THat would be true dedication. I think the other reason for it was so if you go to crops and don't have access to a power source in your work station.

Have a happy day.

K
PetiteKalashnikovna Offline
#558 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:33:56 PM(UTC)
PetiteKalashnikovna

Was thanked: 217 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Happy Halloween everyone!

Pamela, I think that's the prettiest incredible hulk I had ever seen!

Denise, you enabler you! I went to MFT's website and had seen some die cuts that I NEED. I need to put blinders on when I browse online since I always end up ordering a lot of "necessary" items.

My prayers go out to those affected by Hurricane Sandy and I am glad for those who were safe.

Jen Offline
#559 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:55:06 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Checking in while wating for more trick or treaters. Not as many as last year. I even picked up more today thinking the kids had two days off plus went in late today because of the weather. Thought they would be full of energy. Opps guess not.

I was watching the news and wow. We survived here. Parts of the state had some flooding. But nothing like I am seeing on tv. Going to discuss it with DH and consider making a donation to the Red Cross. Can't donate blood any more due to health condition(s) but certainly can help in some small way. I am hearing rumors that celebrities might also put together a telethon to try to help those who lost so much.

My plan is to craft the day away tomorrow, unless dh needs to go to the doctor. He keeps getting what seems like the flu. Last time it was his sugar as he is a diabetic. Sugar is fine now. Just a little worried when it happens every few weeks. Same stomach flu like symptoms. I sent him to bed and will keep checking on him and try to keep him hydated.
M&KGrandma Offline
#560 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:21:24 PM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Jen, it's funny how sometimes you get a lot of kids and other times not many. I always buy more than needed because then Bill takes the rest when he goes hunting! Our city switched ours till Saturday night and I'm not sure I will even be here then. Haven't bought any candy yet anyway, i always go to GFS and get some full size things, the kids always love that! Hope your hubby feels better soon. Bill has been getting some dizzy spells and naseua lately. Not on a regular basis, but often enough that I wish he'd get it checked out...
I actually got some stuff done today! Kaitlyn insisted she did NOT need to take a little nap and promptly fell asleep for two hours!!! She even laughed about it when she woke up! Tomorrow they will do their Halloween party and I get to stay for about 15 minutes or so while they do a little song routine for us! I love seeing them all dressed up!!!
Well, gonna run... talk more tomorrow... Bill leaves at noon for hunting and won't be back until Sunday evening! I have to work at the shop on Friday, because my son will leave early that morning... then it's a crafting weekend for me!!!
Pamela, the cutest hulk ever is right!!!!! She's darling!!!
Teri
JeanP Offline
#561 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:49:31 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 826 time(s) in 679 post(s)
Checking in!!!!

Just got power, Tv, phone & internet back about an hour ago. We lost in Monday 7pm.
Can finally see the results of the storm!!!!

We made out fine as far as the storm and trees. None down in the yard but 20 or so in our woods. Firewood for next year!!!!
We were very lucky. Beach areas are a mess. Buildings gone, some full of sand and some floating in the pond!!!!

Sheila and her family got stuck Monday in NC and then their new flight Tuesday was cancelled. They ended up renting a car and drove home yesterday. If not, I think they might still be there!

I don't think she has power or internet yet.

The service for my nephew is tomorrow.
Give her a few more days and I am sure she will be checking in.

Luvskrapin Offline
#562 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:24:29 PM(UTC)
Luvskrapin

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Happy Halloween everyone! I had to work today and I worked almost twelve hours ugh! So I didn't get to see any of our trick or treaters or even see my kids in there costumes! But DH did take pics! BigGrin

I hope everyone on the east coast is safe tonight! BigGrin

I have five directives done and two others started! I'm alot further on this than I thought! Blushing But I guess thats a good thing! BigGrin I'm very tired and I think i'm gonna hit the pillow before I don't end up making it that far! Everyone stay safe! BigGrin
~Pamela~ Offline
#563 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 1:54:29 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Thank you Gwynne , Peachy and Teri! She had a wonderful time as Hulk and was all into trick or treating and getting that candy, BUT we are doing the buy back program this year so some troops somewhere will hopefully enjoy all her hard work! BigGrin

Jean I am glad Sheila got home safe and hope she gets power back soon!
chefkimmo Offline
#564 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 6:38:33 PM(UTC)
chefkimmo

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
It is good to see people are on after the storm. I hope Sheila gets her power back real soon.

I told the person who will take over for me that i would be gone from the craft show so now I just have a few things left to hand off and that will soon enough be out of my hands. Then I need to get some areas of the house to clean and pack. My hope is to take a little time to have some things cut and ready to go so I could work on my banner, possibly some cards and other things while on the trip. I have a long flight so I might do some then or in the evenings after work.

I just wanted to check in tonight and if I get a chance I will say from the road but if I can't get online, I will be back a week from Sunday.
trvkladd Offline
#565 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 6:48:26 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Checking in!!!!

The service for my nephew is tomorrow.
Give her a few more days and I am sure she will be checking in.

JeanP~ God be with you all at this time. I hope you are all doing well and will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Pamela~ She is the most adorable Hulk I have ever seen! Too cute for words.

To all the East Coast Crafters~ I hope you are all doing well. I hope you all made it ok through the storm and I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. I was in Baton Rouge for Katrina. We did fine. But to see the devastation first hand was so sad. All 3 of my brothers lost their homes. God bless you all and keep you safe and sound till your back on solid ground

~Rebecca

GrammaP Offline
#566 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 7:22:34 PM(UTC)
GrammaP

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 146 post(s)
just checking in to let you all know I appreciate all the prayers. We got power back after we were home abt 14 hours and in time to shower and press our clothes for the service today.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#567 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 4:38:47 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

glad to see you back online Sheila. I hope you'll take some time to rest today and this weekend. You've been thru so much this past several days. We are all thinking of you and your family, for sure.

M&KGrandma Offline
#568 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 6:22:19 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Sheila, thinking of you and your family. Please know that we all care very much! May God help you through all this!
Hugs,
teri
RockinRobin1 Offline
#569 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 6:48:32 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Sheila, great to see you back and so glad you didn't have too much damage when you got home. I'm sure the wait to get home was stressful, besides everything else you've been through. Know that you and your family are in my prayers.
~Pamela~ Offline
#570 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 8:27:42 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Thank you Rebecca!

Sheila I am so glad you made it home safely and have power back. I will thinking about you and your family today.