Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<23456>»
Aden's_Nana Offline
#91 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:26:16 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Rhonda, I bet that smoke is hard on you, I hope you get better soon. I read on another post that your dr. had you put on a different job for awhile, that's good news. Hopefully it is an easier job for you.

I think I have finally figured out how I am going to do your container. I have been searching for ideas since this swap started. Now hopefully it looks as good finished as it does in my head. LOL I can't wait to get started on it to see how it turns out.

Jackie
yohill Offline
#92 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:31:31 PM(UTC)
yohill

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
where are you finding your ideas? I could use some ideas!

scrappinchic Offline
#93 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:31:18 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Yohill check out youtube. Type in filler swap. I borrowed the idea and the name from there. You could check out the last filler swap for ideas as well!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:31:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MarjorieLindley Offline
#94 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:14:17 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 47 post(s)
HAPPY HALLLOOOWWWEEEEEEN.

I got my ideas from these swaps on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twpExw6sNlM

http://www.youtube.com/w...tI&feature=endscreen

http://www.youtube.com/w...e36Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/w...kVrs&feature=related

This is where I got some of my ideas. plus ask the board they are so so helpful especially since I didn't know how to stick my stuff to plastic. YAY Board. As you can see they are under different names on the you tube place.
Aden's_Nana Offline
#95 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:50:20 AM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Yohill-- I was looking at different types of cards (birthday, get well, etc..) and tags on Pintrest. I saw some pretty vintage themes that I could somewhat duplicate on a larger scale to use on the bead box, of course I won't be able to make it look exactly like what I saw on there but it gave me some great inspiration.

Has anyone tried spray painting the organizers? I think I am going to give that a try with mine. It would make it easier to decorate and look so much better with the idea I have in mind.

Have a great day everyone. Happy Halloween.

Jackie
scrappinchic Offline
#96 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:32:08 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning!

Yohill I hope you have found some ideas!

This is an amazing group of helpful ladies! Thanks for the helpBigGrin !

Jackie let us know how it goes! I did read where someone used a "plastic" spray paint and it worked. Can't remember the brand now but I am sure you can find it! Good luck with it!

Have a crafty day!

Edited by user Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:34:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#97 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 7:44:26 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Krylon has a spray paint formulated for use on plastic, it's called Fusion. I've used it on cheap plastic yard furniture and it works great. Excellent idea for these!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#98 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:14:20 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Originally Posted by: DeniseKenna Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone and COB my partner!!!

Guess I need to post what I'd love to find in my goody box...tickets to embelly, metal, binder rings, TH goodies, beads (not seed beads though), charms, stamped images to color, tags, glue dots, chipboard, anything that you think is fantastic!

Thanks

LOL I just went through my "metal drawer" and shared... I started out just looking for binder rings and ended up with a total mish-mash of metals for you; I hope you can use them!
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
DeniseKenna on 11/10/2012(UTC)
MarjorieLindley Offline
#99 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 10:14:34 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

Hello Joysee,

Just about done with your box. WHOO HHOOOO. I got everything just about decorated and the box is filled. YIPPEEE.

Hope everything is alright. Haven't heard from you since 12 days ago. I am excited about this swap. well Better get back to working on my stuff.
MarjorieLindley Offline
#100 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 3:59:59 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

OKay where is everyone. LOL. I worked on the box last night and it is actually coming out better than I expected. WHOO HOO. I am luving this. Can't wait til my partner sees it. HELLO Partner. Hope everything is well. Hope you are feeling good. Haven't heard from you in awhile. HOpe she is okay..
Heart2hand Offline
#101 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 4:28:42 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hello Ladies....

Marj....I hope your sis is not MIA....Sounds like a wonderful box....can't wait to see it.

Jackie...I've not painted mine...what kind of paint would one use on plastic????? Will it stay? I'm excited to see what you are doing with my box....I hope you are feeling well. DD has been...she was cutting down a bush in her front yard that had intertwined in a fence. We went over and helped her clear it out so she can landscape it next Spring. It will be soo nice. IT was a mess...no one could see around it and now it's down. YAHHH.

HUGS
rhonda
CraftyOldBat Offline
#102 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 9:20:45 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Well Denise I have good news and bad news...

The bad news is that I finished your box (decorating) yesterday and the very last thing I did was put a thin coat of sealer over it and when I got up this morning it was ruinedCrying Angry it got all wrinkled and bumpy and awful I was SO mad! So I went back into my paper stash but didn't have another sheet of what I had used so I started over...

The good news is it's finished again and I like it so much better than the first time!!Woot Wub I still have to finish filling it cuz' I'm having trouble finding dark purples but I'll keep looking!
Heart2hand Offline
#103 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 2:22:00 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Good morning Friends....

Jackie...I do hope you are doing well and enjoying some time for you. How is that Grandson? Spoiling him? lol....I'm making progress on your box....lol...I do hope it is something you will enjoy.

COB...so sorry to hear that the gloss did that to the paper. I'm sure it's beautiful and can't wait to see what you hav come up with.

HUGS to all
rhonda
MarjorieLindley Offline
#104 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 6:47:45 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

OMG GOOD NEWS!!! I am done. I finished it yesterday. I am impressed with myself. I like it. YUP. YAY. I brought it to my crop on saturday to pick out a couple more things for it and the class luved it. They also learned how to stick paper to plastic. LOL. So we all learned something from this crop. YAY. So JOYSEE I think you will like this as I have 10 other ladies who luved it. YAY.

Can't wait to see what you think of it. Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm.
yohill Offline
#105 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 9:41:21 AM(UTC)
yohill

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I haven't even started decorating my box, I had a busy week with school last week. I had a five page paper due a Math test, 6 hour geology field trip and then I worked over the weekend. This week I have some free time and will be able to work on your box Jess! I have been thinking of some ideas and may have it all thought out in my head! It is filled ready to have some characteristics on the outside!

Happy Monday to everyone!

Jess, you will be missed in November Happy Mail!

Aden's_Nana Offline
#106 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 1:15:37 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Rhonda, Dh painted the box for me so I will start decorating it soon. I want to give the paint as much time as possible to "cure" I bought the Krylon spray paint made for plastic. So far so good with it. I am still not exactly sure how I am going to decorate it but I have an idea or two, crossing my fingers that it looks ok when I am finished.

Yohill, good luck with your test and all of your school work. It sounds like you are a very busy girl. What are you going to school for if I may ask?

Marjorie -- Congrats on finishing your box. I would love to go to a crop sometime. I don't know anyone other than my sister in law who scrapes. She doesn't have much time for it anymore since her daughter and her 3 kids moved in and school is going on. ( She is a teacher ) I may go to Michaels when they have their crop night just to see how I like it and to meet some fellow scrappers.

Jackie
MarjorieLindley Offline
#107 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 1:22:12 PM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

Aden that is what I did. I finally got tired of sitting around my house and depending on the online crops to join to get me trying new things. I am from a small town and we have a very small store here but they have classes on most saturdays and they have a crop night. When they changed the crop night to day I started going. (my suggestion) It has turned out very well for them. YAY. I have learned tons and I have gotten to know a lot of scrappers that I didn't even know were scrappers. SO FUN. YAY. Go and join and I bet you won't regret it and will continue to go more often then.

Painted plastic. I have heard of that. Some people paint their plastic chairs a different color instead of washing them and they came out really good. I am surprised.
scrappinchic Offline
#108 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 4:03:38 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Originally Posted by: yohill Go to Quoted Post
I haven't even started decorating my box, I had a busy week with school last week. I had a five page paper due a Math test, 6 hour geology field trip and then I worked over the weekend. This week I have some free time and will be able to work on your box Jess! I have been thinking of some ideas and may have it all thought out in my head! It is filled ready to have some characteristics on the outside!

Happy Monday to everyone!

Jess, you will be missed in November Happy Mail!

Yohill best of luck with your school work! I don't think I could handle all that. There is still time to work on my box, no rush. You concentrate on your studiesBigGrin . I have your box packaged, just haven't made it to the PO yet! I may get my son to take it this morning! I will post the DC# when I get it! I keep going back and forth over happy mail! I will probably play before its all said and doneSneaky . I really wanna work on my DD's Barbie House that I am making her for Christmas! Could really use the extra funds there. I may see you over there and I may notWink !

I hope y'all have a great day!
ksqueenb Offline
#109 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 6:20:08 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 362 time(s) in 231 post(s)
Yea, ThumpUp I am done.

Wanda, your box is on the way. I hope you like it. Scared Those colors created quite the challenge for me. I was definately outside my comfort zone on this one.

DC # 0312 1430 0002 5795 4756
scrappinchic Offline
#110 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:07:34 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Alright first box is postal! Thanks for the DC#! I am sure Wanda will love it!
MarjorieLindley Offline
#111 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 1:36:54 PM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

Mine would have been postal but I haven't heard from my partner. Hello Joysee I hope everything is alright? Anyways I am not shipping til I hear from her.
scrappinchic Offline
#112 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 4:02:03 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Yes please don't mail until you hear from your partner's!

Hey Yohill! How's your school work coming along? I hope to make it to the PO in the next day or two! DH's car broke down, so he has been taking mine. Having to get a ride places is for the birds. I hope he has time to work on it this weekend!

I can't wait to see pictures of all these boxes! Oh speaking of which....I have a sneak peek for Yohill! I had fun working with your colors...pink, purple, blue and green!
File Attachment(s):
034.JPG (1,713kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
Heart2hand Offline
#113 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:37:48 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

hello to all...

Jackie...It sounds wonderful...and new technique too...I'm excited to get it. I have an idea on yours...and hope to do it this weekend...have the goodies...now to do the box....being sick isn't helping me ANY on my crafting....

Jess...love the sneak peak....prettttttty....she will love your work. Sorry to hear the car is broke. I hate that....DH had to have ball joints put on his truck...a battery in my truck....it never ends. LOL

Yohill....congrats on school. I think its wonderful that you are going back. I will I had the NERVE to do this...DH wants me to...but something tells me it's JUST not for me....

Marj....enjoy the ATG GUN...and wow...done?! I know Joysee has been in and out of the hospital...so I hope this isn't the case again. I hope you hear from her soon.

Ksqueen....KUDOS on the first shipping...yahhh....I'm sure she will enjoy it...I can't wait to see it.

Hugs
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#114 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:44:01 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Rhonda its his fuel pump. He just put in on a couple months ago. It should still be under warranty. The only hold up is him having time to work on it!
MarjorieLindley Offline
#115 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:56:05 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

Ya THANKS RHONDA Can't wait to play with my new gun. HA HA. IT looks so cool and a question does it take different size tapes too? It looks like it could hold a wider tape lots of room sideways. Just wondering. OR am I to look for a specific size tape? I was so excited yesterday I knew what was in that envy and I had to go eat. So I ate and blah blah blah all through dinner and then ran to open up my box and envy. Well the box is a xmas present for jordan and the ENVY was mine. YIPPEE> so fun to get stuff in the mail. Anyways My son got another internship with The chicago magazine. He has already done work for them through a mutual contact so he went for interview yesterday and got the internship right away and they told him when a job opens up apply for it and they open up every two months or so. Then he will have a decent job and this is his dream job. FIngers crossed. He is a videographer, director, editor and right now works for fig media in chicago. He is considered and independent contractor that sucks. can't wait til he gets a real paycheck.

Anyways BLAH BLAH BLAH there I go again. Happy day and Sure hope my partner is getting better. I am worried. no one has heard from here. Hope everything is okay.
Heart2hand Offline
#116 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 6:09:08 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hello Gals...

Marj...I do not know if it would hold different sizes of tape. I use the one specifically for the PINK ATG gun....sorry I'm not much help. CONGRATS to DS...that is awesome. I will keep him in my prayers. I do hope he lands this job.

Jess...that is the worst part...waiting....I know that is what DH does to me also...on his time....ughh. I hope it is an easy fix and is done soon.

HUGs
rhonda
CraftyOldBat Offline
#117 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:24:21 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

I have 2 compartments left to fill and I'll be mailing - hopefully by Tuesday! Smile
scrappinchic Offline
#118 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:24:35 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning!

Hey Yohill! I hope you are not still swamped under all that school work! Just think it will pay off in the endBigGrin ! You box is going out today or tuesday!

Edited by user Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:25:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Heart2hand Offline
#119 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:09:30 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hello everyone...

Jackie...I hope you are doing well. I'm crafting today ...in between laundry ...lol...killing two birds with one stone.

Jess...you are fast...wow.I'm sure it's wonderful...

HUGs
rhonda
MarjorieLindley Offline
#120 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:11:05 AM(UTC)
MarjorieLindley

so since I haven't heard from joysee and won't mail til I do I won't be labeled as a flaker right? Cause I am finished and I have it all done ready to go but wont mail til I hear. Has anyone heard from her. All the other boards she is on hasn't heard either. wonder if she is alright?