Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PamLangton Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 4:52:46 AM(UTC)
PamLangton

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi

As it's too early to ring the Cricut support from here in the UK is there anyone out there with a suggestion for getting my Imagine to work?

The machine turned itself off a couple of days ago & wouldn't turn back on again. We checked the power supply and changed the fuse and the machine came back to life and then worked fine. Today when I turned the machine on it would not cut - the mat was taken in and the blade housing read the mat but seemed to make a few extra movements than normal. Tried it with a couple of different mats and it still would not cut ( I only wanted to cut and not print & cut).

On the final attempt the blade housing moved but again made even more additional movements and the machine turned itself off and won't now turn back on again.

I am on the latest version of the software - Version 1.01 (0123:0035:0240:202C)

I can't even get CCR to open today (usually it's not too bad) to see if trying to cut from the CCR would make any difference!!
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Cursing

Edited by user Friday, November 02, 2012 4:58:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PamLangton attached the following image(s):
Imagine Sync Version 31_10_12.jpg
mickyminx Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 9:42:49 AM(UTC)
mickyminx

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi

this might work but you will need to be patient as it can take a couple of hours to do and sometines a couple of goes :)

connect imagine to pc (do not switch I on yet) and run sync

press menu button - the button underneath menu and the power button - this should invoke format and restore.

select yes, no, no, no yes - i might have to many no's :)

It will then give you instructions to follow to perform the format, restore and update

Hope this sorts your problem out.

Kind Regards
Michelle
PamLangton Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 5:53:18 PM(UTC)
PamLangton

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Well that's 5 hours of my life I'll never get back!!! What a way to spend a Friday night!

I eventually completed the restore. It wouldn't complete the calibration properly as it couldn't cut so restore took a bit longer than it should. Anyway, after several tries and attempts at doing the print & cut calibration during the restore I have a machine that cuts again.

For some reason this created problems with Cricut Sync, which I have never had problems with before. I use an iMac and it has always worked ok before. I re-installed Sync, sorted out the Firewall with Craft Room as well and I think I'm back to a working machine. I've made a few cuts & it's still ok.

I'm wondering if a particular cartridge is causing trouble. My Imagine doesn't particularly like the Artiste cartridge but it works perfectly in my old Expression. Don't know if anyone else is having the same issue?

Thanks Michelle for the advice.

Pam
Khrista Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 6:11:16 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2507 time(s) in 1395 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PamLangton Go to Quoted Post
Hi

As it's too early to ring the Cricut support from here in the UK is there anyone out there with a suggestion for getting my Imagine to work?

The machine turned itself off a couple of days ago & wouldn't turn back on again. We checked the power supply and changed the fuse and the machine came back to life and then worked fine. Today when I turned the machine on it would not cut - the mat was taken in and the blade housing read the mat but seemed to make a few extra movements than normal. Tried it with a couple of different mats and it still would not cut ( I only wanted to cut and not print & cut).

On the final attempt the blade housing moved but again made even more additional movements and the machine turned itself off and won't now turn back on again.

I am on the latest version of the software - Version 1.01 (0123:0035:0240:202C)

I can't even get CCR to open today (usually it's not too bad) to see if trying to cut from the CCR would make any difference!!
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Cursing

Hm.. if you did 'cut only', that would have been the likely problem. There's no need for 'cut only' any longer and they never fixed the glitch of it after they changed some things initially. You can leave it on print and cut. The only time to switch off of that is if you are doing a print only. If you're images are not flood filled, then it just goes straight to cut.

Cricutsync was having issues earlier this week. I don't know if PC got it corrected or not. Given that you are using a Mac, it could be they got one fixed (likely the windows version) and not the other. PM PCGena and she might be able to tell you on that one.

Artiste may have problems if you using it with CCR. There are many cartridges put out the past year (regular ones, not Imagine) that cause the Imagine to reboot, shut off, etc. when used with the Gypsy Imagine App or CCR.

HTH for future reference :)
:)Khrista
mickyminx Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 1:04:00 AM(UTC)
mickyminx

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PamLangton Go to Quoted Post
Well that's 5 hours of my life I'll never get back!!! What a way to spend a Friday night!

I eventually completed the restore. It wouldn't complete the calibration properly as it couldn't cut so restore took a bit longer than it should. Anyway, after several tries and attempts at doing the print & cut calibration during the restore I have a machine that cuts again.

For some reason this created problems with Cricut Sync, which I have never had problems with before. I use an iMac and it has always worked ok before. I re-installed Sync, sorted out the Firewall with Craft Room as well and I think I'm back to a working machine. I've made a few cuts & it's still ok.

I'm wondering if a particular cartridge is causing trouble. My Imagine doesn't particularly like the Artiste cartridge but it works perfectly in my old Expression. Don't know if anyone else is having the same issue?

Thanks Michelle for the advice.

Pam

Hi Pam

Glad your up and running again, I too lost a fair few hours last night sorting the windows 8 drivers (not digitally signed) out for silhouette cameo so that it will cut directly from serif craft artist 2 - I too was successful in my quest :)

Michelle