Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mrsjw20087818dd33 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 7:46:49 AM(UTC)
mrsjw20087818dd33

Groups: Registered

I created a project in the Cricut Craft Room using the Gypsy Font, which I own a Gypsy so I thought this was going to be easy....WRONG!

Can someone please tell me if and how it is possible to cut this project when I can't sync my Gypsy to the Craft Room? Can I transfer the file to my Gypsy? I did the CricutSync and registered my Gypsy and it stated that I would then be able to link my Gypsy, but I don't find where to do this...GRRRR!
Cricut Dani Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 10:17:25 AM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mrsjw20087818dd33 Go to Quoted Post
I created a project in the Cricut Craft Room using the Gypsy Font, which I own a Gypsy so I thought this was going to be easy....WRONG!

Can someone please tell me if and how it is possible to cut this project when I can't sync my Gypsy to the Craft Room? Can I transfer the file to my Gypsy? I did the CricutSync and registered my Gypsy and it stated that I would then be able to link my Gypsy, but I don't find where to do this...GRRRR!

Hello mrsjw20087818dd33,

At this time those cartridges that are linked to the Gypsy cannot be linked to the Craft Room. We will soon announce how you will be able to transfer all the cartridges that are linked to your Gypsy to your Cricut.com account in one simple action or linking the digital cartridges to your Gypsy.

There is a way to transport files onto your Gypsy. If you will follow the steps below:

1. Open up your Craft Room and log in.
2. You will then want to click on the project that you want to be transferred to your Gypsy.
3. Once you have selected that project you will want to click on Export. It will ask you if you want Gypsy or Cricut Project. You will want to select Gypsy.
4. It will ask you about the pat that you want to save the file to you. You will want to make sure that you save it to the Desktop. Then click Save.
5. You will want to exit out of the Craft Room and then connect your Gypsy to the computer.
6. Open up the Cricut Sync program. If there are updates available you will want to go ahead an update your Gypsy.
7. Once your Gypsy is updated you will come to the project screen. You will then want to click on Add Projects.
8. You should then have another little window open up. You will want to find the file that is on your desktop.
9. Make sure you click on the file and then open. This will transfer the project to your Gypsy. You will want to close the Cricut Sync program and disconnect your Gypsy.

*Just so you are aware this doesn't work with Imagine files at this time. We do apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

-Cricut Dani