Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

31 Pages«<1819202122>»
DonnaSchnees Offline
#571 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:06:02 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 114 post(s)
JCI, and I have the weekend offBigGrin I will be getting some more items done. I even ordered some___________________ for my SSSneaky . Does not matter if they want to mail early or on time. I will wait...if I can to open it.

I have only went once for a black friday shopping. I was trying to get the Imagine. I never found a spot to park, so I just went homeSad . I did eventually get my Imagine and at the same price as was advertisedWub
Heart2hand Offline
#572 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:38:08 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hello Santa babies....

Jess....Waves to you...and hope your schooling is going well?

GrandmaJ....sorry your angel came up missing.....darn it....may be one may fly your way???????

Teri....I think the lil' altered suitcase/turned craft box will be adorable....post photos.

Jackie....LUV the stand....Great find! ENjoy it...lucky lady....

Traci....when to ship....for me...I would rather have it in DEC...closer to Christmas....thanks...

CricutJunky....hummmmmmmmm.....surprise never seize to amaze us.....HINT HINT!!!

armywife...OMG...I'm soo sorry to hear of the lil' ones...I know how he feels...I too have had the bronchitis...YUCKKKKKKK....but being older and bigger...I can fight it better than those precious babies....PRAYERS and HUGS sweetie.

Glitter...hope you are doing well?

Donna....happy to hear you now have an Imagine. I've not seen them.....let us know how you like it.

Maryanne....Sounds like alot of us are ready for changes and new traditions....including me.

DH is working on the furnance....ughhh...no heat....the flame detector is out...so it doesn't know to start....Ughhhhh...lots of warm blankets tonight...may the electric blanket...

Hugs
rhonda
STW Offline
#573 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 7:36:04 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Hi, everyone! I'm finished with everything - but am going to wait a couple of weeks before I mail it so that it will arrive a little closer to the holidays - but early enough to where she could use some of her goodies!

Cannot believe Halloween has come and gone, and Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away.....wasn't it JUST CHRISTMAS? Whew.....time is flying by.

Big hugs to everyone, and extra hugs to those who are struggling with holidays issues....love and prayers for you.

It's almost FRIDAY!!!!!!! HUGE LSU game this weekend.....we're playing 'Bama.....would love to see LSU take them down. Cool

Take care.

Sharon
scrappinchic Offline
#574 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 2:48:23 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Good morning secret santa's! I hope you all rested well! I think its great that some of you have completed your packages and ready to mail! I love Christmas swaps they are super fun!

Big waves to my SS! I see she still hasn't popped in for a visit!

So I would love for everyone to share a family tradition or something fun they do at Christmas time! Its just another fun way of getting to know each other.

Well my sister and I do a holiday cookie exchange. We started it the year before my mom passed and hope to do it yearly in memory of her. We invite everyone we know. We normally have about 15 to 20 people show up. Everyone makes 3 dozen cookies to share! My sister and I provide finger foods. We then sample the cookies we want. After everyone has their tummy's full, we go around in a circle filling our containers until all the cookies are gone. It is a great way to catch up with family and friends that you dont see often! We are hoping its alot bigger this year!

Have a fabulous friday!
M&KGrandma Offline
#575 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 6:35:20 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Good Morning!!
I'm at the shop with Kaitlyn today... boo... she is working on a little book of the Chipmunks and is writing their names after she draws them. I see she is starting this crazy thing of writing her letters backwards!!! Don't know why she is, cause she knows how to write them! Just being silly I guess!
Jess, I'm with you, the minute that package arrives, it's torn into!!! No waiting here!!!
A fun thing I've done with my daughter since she left home to go to college is whoever sees the first snow, calls the other one singing a Christmas song!! This was the first year she got to do it first!! I always do actual singing, she just texted me a song!!!! LOL!! Our biggest tradition is Christmas Eve dinner! Of course, that's changed a bit in that we just celebrate with our individual families now, it's still hard for me, but it IS nice! We have a wonderful dinner and then let the little ones open a few presents, they get so excited! On Christmas morning, Joe and Randi call us when the kids get up and we go over to watch them open Santa gifts, so happy they let us share in that!!!
Gotta run... be back later!
Hugs,
Teri
grandmaJ Offline
#576 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 7:04:45 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 766 time(s) in 636 post(s)
Good Morning everyone! Happy Friday!! Sorry to not be around yesterday...I got hit with the sick stick! Whew, woke up a little after midnight and was a basket case all day!! Slept a good deal of it andfinally had a7up and some saltines last evening. Today I am still feeling tired and puny but a lot better then I did yesterday morning! It really sucks, I get my flu shot, take my vitamins, get fresh air and exercise everyday by walking my doggie, and I still get sick. Cursing So now today I am still off, but need to try to disinfect the house. Hope no one else gets it!

Iam not near ready to mail this swap yet. Will probably be closer to the mail date before I do. Like to leave my Santa Sister in suspense!!

Bout time for my nap so I will leave with...

Up on the housetop reindeer pause! Out jumps good old Santa Claus.
Down thru' the chimney with lots of toys,
All for the little ones, Christmas joys.
STW Offline
#577 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 7:36:22 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Happy Friday! GrandmaJ, hope you are better for the weekend!

We have lots of Christmas traditions - but all centered around my mom, so we'll be continuing some and putting our own twist on others starting this Christmas. One thing: my mom would bake all kinds of cookies and candy with my kids (who are 21 and 24!) but they LOVED it - so, for sure, I'll be doing that with them this year and keeping "MiMi" close to us in our hearts all the while! Only thing: I started a diet a few weeks ago.....it's going to be tough not "testing and tasting" along the way, but I'm sure it'll be fine, and a lot of fun!

Also, the "kids" open one gift on Christmas Eve night, before we go to bed, and open the rest on Christmas morning while sipping on coffee and eating french toast (with Christmas music in the background) - followed by a huge Christmas spread later that afternoon. My mom was a PHENOMENAL cook, and as a result, I didn't do much of the holiday cooking - just assisted! Luckily, my daughter seems to have inherited my mom's love of cooking and as well as her natural knack for it (unlike me!) so I'm hopeful the feasts will continue will my mom's flair. (there's always hoping!) I guess I should have some medicine ready in case I make anyone ill with my cooking....lol.LOL Blushing

Have a nice weekend and keep your fingers crossed for my LSU Tigers....they have the toughest game of the year this weekend!

armywife25 Offline
#578 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 8:35:33 AM(UTC)
armywife25

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Thank you for all the prayers. He is feeling a little better. We have to see a pediatric surgeon because he has hernia now from all the coughing Crying I told my hubby he is on baby duty this weekend so I can get my swap stuff done. lol
Aden's_Nana Offline
#579 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 12:20:09 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Hello Santa Sisters. I am a long way from being ready to mail out. I have yet to do much shopping for my SS, I hope to do some online shopping this weekend for her. I have 2 other swaps that I need to finish up also by the end of the weekend or early next week.

One of our traditions is on Christmas Eve we have dinner and a gift exchange with DH's family. Christmas day is with my famlily.

Armywife -- I am so sorry to hear about your little one. I hate to see a little one sick.
I hope you get some crafting time in.

Jackie

Heart2hand Offline
#580 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 3:01:18 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hello Ladies...

Well...we sort of have heat...lol...the chimney on the house needs replaced...that is why the thermo cup kept going out....the air was blowing it out....UGhhh...we are making due...ordered the part.

Carpet is in...OMG...it's soooo pretty...LOVE it...now to move everything back to where it should be....most is done...finishing tomorrow.

Hello to may Secret Santa and the Santa that has me. I plan to finish one of your items tomorrow...then maybe wrap what is done .....

GrandmaJ...sorry you have the BUG...not good. It is horrible! I still feel puny and hoarse! PRayers and hugs are with you.

STW....GO Tigers...I hope they win for you.

Jess....as for a tradition....We use to go to his Grandparents on Christmas Eve and have dinner and open gifts. Now that they are no longer with us.....his family has taken on that tradition and then we do our own thing on Christmas day. I usually get up and make homemade french toast and then we open gifts. Later in the day a family photo by the tree.

HUGS to all
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#581 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 7:16:59 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Evening secret santas! Glad to hear of your family traditions!

I am so exciited to start a new project! I am going to make DD a bookshelf (Barbie) doll house for Christmas. I found some picture on pinterest! It will have so much more room that the traditional houses. Its going to be so much fun! I am going to add my own touches to it! I went and put her furniture on layaway this evening! Only so I will have it before everything gets picked over! I plan to make covers for her beds and pillows. Make curtains and glue them to the sides. I have tons more ideas to personalize it! I will add a picture of one I found so yall can see what Im talking about.

OKay enough babbling from me! Have a great night!
Jamiemn Offline
#582 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 5:53:12 AM(UTC)
Jamiemn

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Morning! Busy day today. Puppy off to the vet for blood draw for her surgery on the 13th. Then we need to clean up the rest of the Halloween decorations and get the Christmas out (we decorate our deck and like to get it done before it gets too cold that my husband can't do it with his injury). Also need to run to the office as my Spectrum Noir markers arrived yesterday. Then just the noral housework etc. But at least we get an extra hour of weekend with he time change.
grandmaJ Offline
#583 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:18:46 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning Santa Sisters!! I feel soooo much better today...so far!

Jess.....pictures....we need to see a picture of that Barbie house on the shelves! It sounds so neat!! But I think any doll house is neat!! When I was little I had one of those old metal ones (showing my age here!) and I glued curtains to the walls covering up the ones that were on the metal. They didn't stick long, but then I would just glue new ones up! And cut scraps for rugs and things like that. Had a blast with it. I loved my metal doll house. Of course it wasn't Barbie size by any means. I think after a while I played with my 'Little Kiddles' in it, probably after I lost all the pieces that came with it originally! Ahhhh, the memories.....sometimes I wish I had never grown up.......sigh........

Hey Jamiemn, thanks for the extra hour reminder...WHOHOOOOOO! I will probably spend mine sleeping, but it sounds great!

Armywife, hope your babies get to feeling better soon! hate to think of the one having to have hernia surgery. My dh is facing having that too and he will probably act like a bigger baby than your little one! Take care and keep us posted. Prayers he is feeling better soon.

SW...Go LSU Tigers!! (you will make fans out of all of us by the time this season and swap are over girl!!
1CoolMom Offline
#584 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 7:42:53 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grandmaJ Go to Quoted Post

SW...Go LSU Tigers!! (you will make fans out of all of us by the time this season and swap are over girl!!

Never I dislike LSU so much that I root for whoever is playing them (even Alabama!). Florida Gator fan here!

grandmaJ Offline
#585 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 1:20:40 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

uh-oh....perhaps a little dispute on teams here? I am not college fan, just love me some Chicago Bears!!!
Heart2hand Offline
#586 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 2:49:10 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Good morning Sisters...

Well...the house is pretty much back in order...just a few stragglers...but nothing major...I can do them while DH is working over this week. I will post photos of it later....

GrandmaJ....I am not a fan of college sports either...GO COLTS....now that is worth watching...lol. DH is the Da-Bears fan. Boy, it's going to be getting colder and colder and they play outside....POOR GUYS!

Maryanne....where are you sweetie? working all weekend? Ughhh....HUGS to you

STW...did they win? DId your son find the spot for the wedding?

Jess....did you craft any last night? I'm getting ready to make some cards for a swap and then work on the Maggie CHristmas....and this one...ONLY ONES left...yahhhh.

HUGs
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#587 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:19:17 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning!

Big waves to my SS's!

I am going to love the daylight in the mornings. It will be nice standing at the bus stop for the kids!

Rhonda glad you are getting your house back in order. I didn't do any crafting! Maybe today! I did go to HL and M's to use my coupons! I got a few more gifts for my swaps. I got me a 3pk of copics! I got some blue ones. I have a picture to post later. I know we was talking about it on happy mail post. At my store they were cheaper in the art section. The blues had 14.99 on the pack so I used my coupon and yeah it was good deal. I am not going to open them just incase I get them in a swaps! I have asked for copics, in all swaps I think! Trying to grow my collectionBigGrin .

Have a crafty day!

Heart2hand Offline
#588 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:50:40 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Jess....I can't wait to see a photo of the copics....I"m interested....thanks. Sounds like a productive day after all...

HUGs
rhonda
M&KGrandma Offline
#589 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 6:31:55 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Good Morning!!!!
I spent yesterday with my sister in law, being a good sister in law!! Hahaha! She is very depressed since her daughter got married and moved out with her granddaughter. I can feel her pain, though, I don't know what I would do if I didn't see M and K all the time. So I called her and we went shopping... hit Archivers, got some more cardstock for Jenn's wedding things, they had buy 10 get 10 free! Then we went to Hobby Lobby, got some things for this swap, a red charger that I'm going to use my Cricut and make a vinyl decoration on it for Christmas... we went to lunch (important stuff here!! LOL) then went to Gabriel's where I got some long sleeve t shirts for $3.00!! Also bought some socks... neat store, I've never been there... then oh my gosh, we went to Home Goods!! I've never been there either, but LOVE it~~~ got the CUTEST pastel Christmas village that's all on a little display board... 12.95!!! Found some adorable pink and white polka dot treat bags for $2.00... gotta go back when I have some more money!!! We went to Marc's and I found 12 x 12 shadowbox frames for... get this... 2.49 each!!! I don't know why I didn't buy them all up!!! I got one in white and one in brown! I also got a Pie Pop maker for $6.00! It's like the cake pops, but you make little pies!!!! I can't wait to try it out!!! Sooooo... that was my fun day.... now I need to clean today!!!!!!!
Janice, hope you continue to feel better, it's absolutely no fun to feel so crappy!
Jess... pictures on the doll house, please!!! It sounds adorable!!! I'm like Janice, I used to have one of the metal ones, loved it! Can still remember standing by the window seat and playing with it for hours! Then I got one that was super modern!! You built the rooms with these plastic dividers and the people moved around with a magnet wand! It really was very cool!!! My sisters and I would also spend countless hours building houses from shoe boxes, cutting out the windows, using paper towels and Kleenex for curtains, drawing pictures for the walls... those were the days.... the funny thing is, Kaitlyn loves to do stuff like this, I'll have to get some boxes..
Rhonda, I can't wait to see pictures of your house!!! I bet it feels so good to walk around and see all the prettiness!!!! It sounds gorgeous!!
Gotta get moving.. I don't want to be cleaning past noon!!! I'd rather be crafting!!!
Have a super Sunday!!!
Hugs,
Teri
Oh yeah.... Go Ohio State!!!!!!
Heart2hand Offline
#590 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 6:49:26 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Good morning Teri...sounds like you did a lot of bargain hunting and scored!!!! LOVE THAT! Wow..a pie maker....let us know how you like it....great purchases. ENjoy them.

Here are some of the front room photos...enjoy ladies

THis one is later in the night...had my grapevine tree on....love that tree! I love the Country/Primitive decor....

Enjoy ladies

hugs
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#591 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:02:39 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning!

I am back to finish making my rounds on the MB! I had to take a break and cook my wild and crazy family some breakfast! My nephew spent the night with Layla last night! He turned 9 today. Where does the time go????

Teri sounds like you got some awesome deals! I haven't heard of half of those stores. I am curious about that pie maker. I have the cake pop one. I have never heard of the pie maker....interesting!

Rhonda love the pictures of your front room! Love you style of decor, very warm and country! Love that tree!

Okay ladies I am sharing about the copic's on all my swaps so please bare with me if you are in any of my other's! This may be old news to some but helpful to others! I have found that HL has started carrying 3pks of copic sketch markers. The have them in the scrapbook and art sections. They are different color combo's in each one. I know with a coupon they are a really great deal! I have added pictures of the ones in my scrapbook section for a little teaser. I found a couple sets that were marked 14.99 and with a coupon they were 9.60. I included a picture of them too.
File Attachment(s):
048.JPG (2,211kb) downloaded 11 time(s).
049.JPG (2,057kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
053.JPG (2,407kb) downloaded 8 time(s).
DonnaSchnees Offline
#592 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:25:17 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Hello!

I got my handmade item done and working on another. Hard to beleive it will soon be Thanksgiving. I love my Imagine. Wanting to try it with CCR.
cricutjunky Offline
#593 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 8:01:12 PM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Wow Jess, i'm jealous, my HL doesn't have the three packs thats a great deal, I here they are going up on price again.Still waiting for you to get back with me.

Sorry I haven't been around on the board lately having back issues and these pain killers are making me loopy, and that's not a good thing cause i'm already old and loosing me memory.

Rhonda love the pics, it looks so homey.
scrappinchic Offline
#594 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 4:39:33 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning!

Cricutjunky I sent you a pmBlushing !

Big waves to my SS's!

I hope y'all have a fabulous day! I have a dreaded doctors appointmentThumbDown .
maryanne hoekman Offline
#595 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 6:54:32 AM(UTC)
maryanne hoekman

United States

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Morning all!!

Theres a bunch of CRAP going on at work right now!!!! I heard one of the other team members tell the cashier next to me that I probably wont be working there for long.. that really sucked!!! I do my VERY BEST each and every day!!!!! I plan on working there for a long time if I have anything to say about it!!

Alot will be told by what happens at work in the next few days!!! PRAYERS appreciated as I really like this job!!!!

Also my sister Pam who has struggled with both breast and uterine cancer in the past finds out today the Results of her PT And CT scans.. finds out if she has cancer anywhere!! Praying the answer is no on that and that she will remain CANCER FREE for a long time!!!!

Good news though I finished a handmade item for my ss!!!! I love it and hope she will too!!!!

Jess did you get my pm that i sent a few days ago? I did not get a response back from you?

Rhonda love the pics!!! Your home is beautiful!!!

Waving at everyone!! Have a blessed day!!!
armywife25 Offline
#596 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 7:29:34 AM(UTC)
armywife25

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
WOOHOO I am done shopping BigGrin I have a few more items to make then I get to wrap everything up BigGrin Hope to ship next week BigGrin
M&KGrandma Offline
#597 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 8:07:42 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Good Morning!!
Rhonda, the room looks sooo beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics... can't wait to see more. I love when the grapevine tree is turned on, sooo warm and cozy!!! The colors are awesome! We really need to paint, too!
I have Matthew today since they don't have school. So far, both are playing soooo nicely together! Hope that continues! Bill got a big buck on Saturday, so he's taking it in today to get the head mounted. Just what we need, another deer head!!! But he's going to take Matthew with him and go to lunch, too. They don't get to spend much alone time since he's in school now. Matthew is sooo excited about it... Kaitlyn...not so much! LOL!! I told her they would have their alone time another day!
Maryanne, hope all goes well with the job! I can't believe your co-workers would talk like that with you right there... rude...
Good luck wishes sent for your sister... I know the stress of waiting for those results because of my sister...
Jess, good luck with your doctor appointment!
Off to get something done...
Hugs,
teri
EvelynRobinson1 Offline
#598 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 8:54:11 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson1

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Special waves to my SS. I have been working hard on getting things together. It seems like this swap has been so easy. My SS has a super list and it really has been fun shopping and getting her items ready to go.

Everyone has really been busy here. Rhonda, you're superwoman. How do you do it? LOL.

Just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone and hope all is well. Hope your week is a good one.

Evelyn
Aden's_Nana Offline
#599 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 1:31:04 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Hello all,

Rhonda, Love the paint color. I have an old school desk like that myslef, but mine is red. (I didn't paint it, I bought it at a yard sale that way) I also have an entertainment system like yours but mine doesn't have the shelving on the side.

I had a Dr's appointment myself this morning so I thought I would do a little shopping afterwards, goofy me went right off and left my list at home for my SS. So I couldn't remember what colors she wanted of a certain item so I bought something else off of her list and will pick up the other item next time. I hate when I do that, I also left my coupons at home too so I didn't hit all the craft stores like I had planned. I hope to be able to do that Wed. instead.

Hope everyone has a great day.

STW Offline
#600 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 5:35:35 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Originally Posted by: 1CoolMom Go to Quoted Post
Never I dislike LSU so much that I root for whoever is playing them (even Alabama!). Florida Gator fan here!

1CoolMom - you better hope that I'm not your SS with that snarky remark.....because you're getting a box full of PURPLE AND GOLD and LSU Tiger paraphanalia. BTW: of all the SEC schools I've visited, FL was the WORST and the RUDEST.....just say'n.

Maryanne, prayers for you and your job as well as your sister. I know what it's like waiting for those test results....pins and needles. Please tell your sister your friends here on the board are thinking about and praying for her. Please let us know as soon as you find out the results.

Rhonda - great shots of your home! LOVE the night shots with the lights turned on the tree. So pretty....and no, sadly, LSU did not win...we lost in the LAST 50 seconds which BITES big time, because we outplayed BAMA and had almost double the yardage. Hopefully tonight, the SAINTS will help ease the pain and beat Philadelphia. (Sorry to any of you who are Philly fans - unless you're 1NONCoolMom....