Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

queenjj Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:04:43 PM(UTC)
queenjj

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Stick with me here please...
I own the following:
Gypsy (All my carts are loaded here)
Cricket Expression (home)
Cricket Create (cabin-no internet connection)
Craft Room Loaded on my PC
About 40 Carts

Last night, I tried to start my Gypsy and it looks like I have what everyone is calling "the Black Screen of Death." I've tried everything to reset it and restore it. My understanding is that I cannot link my carts to craft room and even if I could I couldn't use it at my cabin because I don't have internet. I don't want to haul all of my carts to the cabin every time I want to use my Cricut. That is what my Gypsy was for. Do I have any options?

On top of that, my USB port on my E is not working properly. Sometimes it doesn't recognize my computer or the Gypsy and when it does, it cuts in crazy uneven shapes so I can't connect it to anything and get it to work. PC was supposed to send me a return slip for that last winter so I could get a refurbished one which they never did.

Of course everything is out of warranty! None of them have been used much as I am a casual crafter. I work in technology so I feel like I have enough knowledge to troubleshoot this tech.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or respond? I am sooo frustrated. Do I toss in the towel and give up with PC? Am I getting the lemons? I have spent so many hours on dealing this stuff and haven't had time to craft.

Thanks
sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:30:59 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Queen,

Well, I've never had the black screen of death - but I know from reading the message boards that it is a common occurance. Probably your best option will be to call customer service. They might be able to recommend a few things to try before you pronounce your gypsy legally dead.
Some of the veterans might chime in here that have experienced the BSofD themselves.

While you're on the phone with customer service, you might remind them that you had reported the usb problem to them previously and they had not followed up in a timely fashion. They are in so much hot water now with their customers it wouldn't surprise me if they would go ahead now and send you a replacement machine - just for a show of good will to a customer.

Either way you will need to call them. And make sure you set aside a block of time to do it. Other ladies have said they have been on hold for a loooooonnnnggg time.

1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
queenjj on 10/28/2012(UTC)
CricutCar Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:32:07 PM(UTC)
CricutCar

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I, too, got the BSoD last week on my Gypsy. I got my G in Dec. of 2010, so, of course, it is out of warranty. The called PC on Wed. last week, and was told that the BSoD is from lack of use and not updating, and the only thing they could do for me, being as it is out of warranty, is for me to purchase a new G, send both the new and dead Gypsy to them, and they will reserialize the new G, so that I can use the linked carts, and they keep the dead G. I have tried all of the tips on the message board to try to get it working, to no avail.

I will NOT be purchasing another G, even if I could find one here in Ontario. To have something stop working due to lack of use is crazy. So many are experiencing the BSoD, and PC does not even service their own product. Deplorable!!
TeresaSvoboda Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:19:04 PM(UTC)
TeresaSvoboda

I am in the same boat right now. I think they have a real problem with this product and that there should be a fix -- not just buy another one. I won't be doing that either.
K.McIntyre Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 1:43:01 PM(UTC)
K.McIntyre

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 56 post(s)
CRICUT!