Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

31 Pages«<1920212223>»
1CoolMom Offline
#601 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 6:46:46 PM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Originally Posted by: STW Go to Quoted Post
1CoolMom - you better hope that I'm not your SS with that snarky remark.....because you're getting a box full of PURPLE AND GOLD and LSU Tiger paraphanalia. BTW: of all the SEC schools I've visited, FL was the WORST and the RUDEST.....just say'n.

Hopefully tonight, the SAINTS will help ease the pain and beat Philadelphia. (Sorry to any of you who are Philly fans - unless you're 1NONCoolMom....

Hey, I am a Saints fan! I grew up in New Orleans with a crazy LSU family but I was always a Tulane fan. Then I moved to FL and fell in love with the color=blue]Gators[/color].
But what goes around comes around because my lovely daughter would not even apply to University of FL; she is waiting to hear from Florida State.

But your post cracked me up! If you are my SS and send LSU paraphanalia, my sister will love it. She enjoys having her Tigers stuff gear in University of AL territory.

scrappinchic Offline
#602 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 5:03:59 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Oh my all this team hostlityWink ! You ladies crack me up! I don't watch sprots. I would rather watch a lifetime movieSneaky !

Big waves to my SS's! Getting closer to the due date! I can't wait to mail!

How is everyone's box coming along?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 06, 2012 5:04:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

STW Offline
#603 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 6:48:33 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 1CoolMom Go to Quoted Post
Hey, I am a Saints fan! I grew up in New Orleans with a crazy LSU family but I was always a Tulane fan. Then I moved to FL and fell in love with the color=blue]Gators[/color].
But what goes around comes around because my lovely daughter would not even apply to University of FL; she is waiting to hear from Florida State.

But your post cracked me up! If you are my SS and send LSU paraphanalia, my sister will love it. She enjoys having her Tigers stuff gear in University of AL territory.

Good come back, 1CoolMom! Well, at least we can agree on the Saints - and what a nice job Drew and company did last night - defense still has some major issues, but a win is a win! My DD is moving to New Orleans in January to go to UNO - started out at LSU, but didn't like it. DS cannot understand her - he LOVED it - oh well!

I'm not a user of the copics markers, but I did see a huge promotion of the Spectrum Noir markers on Hallmark Scrapbook. If anyone is interested, I'll go back through my emails and look for the link, or you could check out their FB page - I believe they posted something about it there. I don't know enough about them to say what's better - but it did appear as if they were having a phenomenal promotion, price-wise.

Day started out EARLY. Alex (DS) woke me up around 5:45 to go vote early with him...stood in line for an HOUR, but it was good to see people executing their right that so many people fought and died for.....warms my heart.

My box is just about ready - just need to wrap the handmade item, but still plan on waiting a couple of weeks to mail so the SS will receive closer to the holidays. (Plus, I still need to add some LSU stuff for 1CoolMom......OR DO I?????) lol.......

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Maryanne - still praying for you - let us know.

Sharon
scrappinchic Offline
#604 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:07:31 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

I am a little bummed this morning! There are several ladies that haven't checked in. At first I was removing people but thats to much on me as the hostess. If you haven't heard from your partner in a while please DO NOT mail your packages, wait until they do! I don't want anyone to get flaked on! From now on I am not going to allow as much time for my swaps. I don't really think we need it. Everyone is excited at the beginning, then it slows down and then they don't check inConfused . I don't have time to go back through and send pm's! Please read through your commitments when signing up and follow through! I am not mad at anyone just wanted to bring this to everyone's attentionBigGrin ! Have a great day!

Thank you to everyone that has been active participates in this swap! I understand when people are on vacation or out of town. But no word at all, is not right in partner/secret sister swaps! We rely on your answers to questions and participation to send great boxes!

Okay Im doneBigGrin !

Edited by user Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:11:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1CoolMom Offline
#605 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:12:39 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Jess, I agree there was a lot of time for this swap. I am ready to mail but did not want my SS to get her stuff too early.

PLEASE ladies, heed Jess's advice and do not mail if your partner has not checked in: it only leads to heartache.

I am going to be out of town for the rest of the week, I am not sure how much time and access I will have to the internet. I will check in if I can, if not I will be back on Monday.
scrappinchic Offline
#606 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:16:06 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Thanks Traci! Enjoy yourself!

I too have been ready to mail for sometime! Well except her treat and thats because I almost forgot! I will be buying that today!

grandmaJ Offline
#607 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 9:36:00 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 769 time(s) in 639 post(s)
Good Morning everyone in Secret Santa land!
Busy little bee here, my dog has an infection in the eye she can see out of and I am up to my ears in eye drops for her aagain. One of them every 2hours, even over night! ugh!! I have aa feeling I will be sleeping on the way to her dr appoint this afternoon! except when I have to wake up and give her yet another eye drop!

Jess I am so sorry some aren't checking in. That is what makes a swap fun to me! And it is so hard to buy nice things your partner will like if you can't secretly get to know them! I wonder, in a swap like this, how will you do it if someone doesn't show back up or mail? Since the person they were mailing to is not necessarily the person who was mailing to them?

And Jess....I want dollhouse pics so I can see if what I am thinking is what you are talking about! Can you link me to your pic of it on pintrest or maybe when I get time I can find you on here and see it on your board.....

Rhonda, love your living room!! your decor is very pretty!!

Got to run. Be back when I can chat!!
scrappinchic Offline
#608 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 10:39:44 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

GrandmaJ thats a good question! If you partner is active here then you can go ahead and mail! If not message me first. I think this will be the last secret sister swap I do. I think I am going to stick with partner swaps. Its much easier that wayBigGrin ! Sorry to hear your little fur baby is having trouble with her eyes again! Poor thing! I will post pictures of the ideas I am using for the barbie doll house!

Oh wow! My pictures are showing up again! I like the flat shelve ones. I was going to have DH build one with walls to seperate the rooms but then realized I think it will be better open so she can have a friend play! Anyways thats my idea! What do you think? I bought the barbie fridge the other night, brought back lots of memories! DH might catch me playing with herLaugh ! I was such a barbie girlWink !

Edited by user Tuesday, November 06, 2012 10:57:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrappinchic attached the following image(s):
74942781269372199_1mn6eMEJ_b.jpg
71916925269050005_WuEctLym_b.jpg
Jamiemn Offline
#609 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 12:54:52 PM(UTC)
Jamiemn

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Afternoon Girls- It's grey and snowy looking out there. Lucky for us they haven't mentioned any of that yet though.

So looking forward to this week to be over with. I have to work Sat but then we are off on Mon for Veterans day. I'm anxious to get next Tuesday over with. Our puppy (ok, not a puppy really, she will be 5 on Friday) has to have surgery and I just want her to get back to her old naughty self :)

noahsarkgirl Offline
#610 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 1:10:46 PM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
JCI.

I am almost done with my parner's box. I only have one thing left to buy and make, everything else is ready! My plan is to finish up this weekend and mail before Thanksgiving!

Can't wait to see the goodies everyone has made and recieved!

P.S. Go Gators! My husband graduated from University of Florida!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 06, 2012 1:59:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: update

STW Offline
#611 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 5:15:51 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Jess, you want us to check in with you before we mail our packages even though it's not a partners' swap - but a secret sister swap? Just wanting to clarify. Thanks.
scrappinchic Offline
#612 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 6:03:13 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Yes please! If you are sending to a SS's that hasn't been on the MB lately please let me know before sending! Thanks!
scrappinchic Offline
#613 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:17:07 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning!
grandmaJ Offline
#614 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:47:29 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning!! Whew finally made it to hump day!! What a long week this is turning into!!

Jess, thanks for posting the pics of the dollhouse. Not near what I had found on Pintrest when I typed in doll house made of shelves!! I like this a whole lot better!!! Now just how cool is that!!!! And I think there is room for you to stand there and play with your dd when you get hers done!! LOL! (Or maybe wait till she isn't home and then you don't have to share!Razz )

Jamiemn-hope your ddoggie's surgery is nothing serious Prayers it has a speedy recovery! So hard to know they aren't feeling good and to see them not act themselves.

Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say,
On a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day,
That's the island greeting that we send to you
From the land where palm trees sway,
Here we know that Christmas will be green and bright,
The sun to shine by day and all the stars at night,
Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way
To say "Merry Christmas to you."

And into the pool jumps Cousin Eddy! OMG, I love that movie!!!!!!! First thing that comes to mind everytime I hear that song!! Christmas Vacation!!! LOL!!! Have a great hump day everyone!
STW Offline
#615 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:12:19 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Good morning...it's hump day! Janice, you're so funny - would have never thought of that song in a million years!

Hope everyone has a great day - even you Fla. Gator fans...lol!
grandmaJ Offline
#616 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 6:58:32 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Hey Jess, could you give me the link to your Scentsy online? I want to order a couple things and thought I would do it through you if it is ok! Lovin me some Pumpkin Marshmallow this morning....who knew that would smell sooooo good!!
Aden's_Nana Offline
#617 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 1:42:52 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrappinchic Go to Quoted Post
GrandmaJ that's a good question! If you partner is active here then you can go ahead and mail! If not message me first. I think this will be the last secret sister swap I do. I think I am going to stick with partner swaps. Its much easier that wayBigGrin ! Sorry to hear your little fur baby is having trouble with her eyes again! Poor thing! I will post pictures of the ideas I am using for the barbie doll house!

Oh wow! My pictures are showing up again! I like the flat shelve ones. I was going to have DH build one with walls to seperate the rooms but then realized I think it will be better open so she can have a friend play! Anyways that's my idea! What do you think? I bought the barbie fridge the other night, brought back lots of memories! DH might catch me playing with herLaugh ! I was such a barbie girlWink !

Jess, I love the Barbie house. As for the furniture have you ever worked with plastic canvas? I made dd tons of Barbie doll furniture with it. It is very time consuming and expensive to start out with if you don't already have a supply of yarn. I have made a bedroom suit, living room suit, and a dining room suit, along with several other pieces. I will post some pictures of them later.

Jackie
M&KGrandma Offline
#618 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:27:56 PM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hi all!! Guess what I discovered today???? If you stay off the computer and actually craft... you'd be amazed at what you can get done!!!!!LOL LOL I am just about finished with my handmade item... I'm pretty sure it'll be done tonight! Yay!!! Then just a couple other things to get, and I'm done!!!
Jess, oh my gosh, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dollhouse idea!!!! How will you keep it a secret from your daughter???? I wish I had somewhere to put it, Kaitlyn would love it! So cute!!!!
Janice, how's Bitsy doing? Do you still have to do the drops every two hours? Oh gosh, what we don't do for our pets!!! Hope her vet appointment went well!
I have been so tired and run down lately, I don't know if it's the changes in the weather or what, but I could sleep all the time!!! Got to get out of that routine, that's for sure!
Have a great night and a super day tomorrow... have some running around to get done for Bill so I don't know if I'll get on... at least not very early!!!
Hugs,
Teri
Rhonda, are you feeling better??????
scrappinchic Offline
#619 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 3:32:06 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening. In the lane, snow is glistening. A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland.....

GrandmaJ here is my Scentsy website https://jshook.scentsy.us . Thank you for thinking of me!

I am so glad y'all like my idea for Layla's doll house! I will share photo's as I make progress! I am in the process of gathering things to get started! I will be redoing her room in black and pink so I am going to go with a black shelf! I hope they put scrapbook paper on sale at HL this next week so I can get her new wallpaperWink ! Now to think of the flooring!

Jackie I have worked with plastic canvas before. I will check into that! That would be a great idea! Thanks! I can't wait to see pictures of what you did!

Waves to my SS's! Its almost friday!

Have a great day!

Edited by user Thursday, November 08, 2012 3:50:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrappinchic Offline
#620 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 3:54:49 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

I forgot to ask! Does anyone have Rhonda/Heart2hand's phone number, that will call or text to check on her! I thought I had it but I don't! She was supposed to close the happy mail swap on monday and hasn't been on all week. Just wanted to make sure everything is okay. I know she has been sick. I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!
grandmaJ Offline
#621 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:37:15 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning Secret Santa Sisters!! Having my Special K Pasty Crisp and a cup of tea, listening to my dog woof. She is driving me crazy with this...the last few days it is like she is trying to tell us something, but there is nothing we can do that stops her! Right now she is in the living room behind the couch doing it. I can't even reach her to pet her if that is what she wants! This will go on for a little while (although it seems like an eternity!)then she will finally stop! I feel helpless, but at the same time have given her everything I can possibly think she might want and none of it satisfies!! Ugh!!!

Jess, I plan to hit the Scentsy site after I get done on here! Thanks!! Still loving my Pumpkin marshmallow this morning! When it first starts smelling it smells like buttered popcorn!

I have to cover a couple small boxes for Box TopsFor Educatioon collection boxes this morning. A lady at Joeys school wants them to take to her work or church or somewhere. I have a empty pop tart box and an empty pringles can I am going to use. Think I might try to make the pringle can like a pencil.

Secret Santa person, I did a little shopping for you yesterday!! My mental wheels are turning trying to decide what to make you for this swap....and I think I know the ornament I want to try to make for you if I can find the stuff!! So..._________________ I hope you are 'Dreaming of a white Christmas'!!!!!! (Just a little hint there!)

Have a great day everyone!!
STW Offline
#622 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:45:49 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Good morning, Santas! Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
Heart2hand Offline
#623 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:16:24 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Good morning santa sisters...

Thanks for your concern Jess...what a friend. I will be looking at that site too....

GrandmaJ....I'm sorry nothing seems to help Bitsy. That is awful....I do pray she isn't suffering...poor baby.

HUgs to all
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#624 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:19:37 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Rhonda you are welcome! Thats what friends are for! Thanks for the pmWink !
M&KGrandma Offline
#625 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 7:19:10 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Good Morning!!
Well, I am learning to never state what's going to get done at a certain time!! I was on such a roll with my handmade item and then BAM!! nothing got done yesterday!! But today, Bill has already left for the Inn (at 3 a.m.... crazy~) so I know I won't have him bugging me to do a million little things! I have Kaitlyn for the night and Matthew is going with the guys, so I am hoping to knock a bunch of stuff out this time!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!!
I do have to do some yard work, the weather is supposed to be really nice, so I'll try to get that done fast so I can just play the rest of the time!!! I really am almost done with the handmade item, and then it's a matter of wrapping stuff up and getting my box and off it goes!!
Have a great weekend!!! I'll probably be jumping on and off the boards...
Hugs,
Teri
Aden's_Nana Offline
#626 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 2:08:05 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Good afternoon Santa Sisters. It sure is quiet around here. I hope it is because everyone is busy crafting.

Teri -- I hope you finished up your yard work and are now busy crafting away.

Janice -- I hope Bitsy is ok. I hope you also get in plenty of crafting time once all of the little ones leave.

Jess -- I will get the Barbie furniture out and get pics posted soon. Makes me wish I had a granddaughter to play Barbies with. lol

to my SS --I received one of your gifts in the mail today and also bought 2 items today, your box is slowly filling up. I need to get to work on a Christmas card for you.

Jackie
grandmaJ Offline
#627 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 3:25:40 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Hi everyone. I am sad. Bitsy had a dr appoint this morning again and this time they said it was time to do surgery to save her good eye. so....they kept her and we came home. I cried most of the way home, and dh is handling it equally as bad by getting frustrated with them. Glare It isn't their fault, and he is only making me more upset. Anyhow...she is out of surgery and doing good. Not sure when we will know how her eyesight is, but hopefuly it will be good. They were also going to remove her bad eye. That is even sadder, although it looked awful. So...bear with me as I am grumpy and sad for a few days. They said she can come home tomorrow but dh thinks they should keep her a couple days or so till she is recovered more. again...Glare
Sorry, don't mean to be a downer...
I'll try to cheer up before I come back on!
scrappinchic Offline
#628 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 6:12:04 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Evening ladies!

GrandmaJ sorry to hear about Bitsy! I do hope the surgery helps! Keeping y'all in my thoughts and prayers!

I made DD a living room suit today! I love it! Its nothing fancy but pretty good for a first timer. My sewing machine wouldn't work so I had to sew the pillows by handUnsure ! I will post pictures tomorrow. I am going to tackle a bedroom set tomorrow. Well if DH fixing my sewing machine! Also gonna try to make some miniture foods out of clay! We will see how that goes!

Have a great night!
Heart2hand Offline
#629 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:44:32 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Happy Saturday Ladies....

GrandmaJ...I'm soo sorry to hear of your furbaby. HUGS and prayers are with you. It's hard to think of them being in so much pain and seeing them that way. My ♥ goes out to you....I know I cried like a baby when I lost my precious Kahlua....I can still look at her photo and cry! She was MY baby. So think nothing of the tears that flow....let'em go....you are human and have feelings. We love our furbabies as part of the family and only want what is best for them.

Aden's_nana....it was a beautiful day yesterday. I slept most of it. DH worked on the furnance up until 8pm last night. Glad it is fixed. He is at work now....may work tomorrow too. So I plan to craft and get some things done since I feel a lil' better. Just my voice is almost gone.

Jess...I'm sure the doll furniture is adorable. She will love it all...and remember this is a MEMORY she will keep her whole life.

Teri....enjoy the crafty weekend. It's nice to have those, isn't it. I hope you and Kaitlyn enjoy the time together.

Where are all the other Secret Santa?????????

HUgs
rhonda
grandmaJ Offline
#630 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:05:09 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning everyone! Thanks for the prayers for Bitsy. She is doing good, according to our last report yesterday evening. And no calls over night is good!! They will call us this morning after doing rounds and we will discuss then her coming home. Sure hope dh has a better attitude after a good nights sleep!!

Jess, can't wait to see the furniture!!

ok...I can't hold it back this morning...

Rocking around the Christmas tree
At the Christmas party hop
Mistletoe hung where you can see
Every couple tries to stop
Rocking around the Christmas tree,
Let the Christmas spirit ring
Later we'll have some pumpkin pie
And we'll do some caroling.