Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Shadow Offline
#121 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 9:24:36 AM(UTC)
Shadow

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TerpsFan Go to Quoted Post
HEY PC, if you have a bunch of the Imagine ink sitting somewhere, how about GIVING it to your loyal customers?

I wouldn;t hold your breath on that one - PC aren't noted for giving away anything LOL LOL LOL
NurseYoung Offline
#122 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 11:16:08 AM(UTC)
NurseYoung

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
After reading all comments from PC and from the comsumers and putting much thought into all that was said, I have to agree with the masses! I have been looking at the cameo for sometime, but just didn't want to take the leap. I have literally thousands of dollars invested because I started with the bug and have every machine, except the cake. I also own every cartridge that has been produced for the cricut and imagine. All my machines were bought at launch so I paid premium pricese for them, just to learn that there will be no more support. I have been lucky in that my imagine has worked wonderfully since day 1 and the updates, while taking bookoos of time, haven't affected any of my machines. I really feel that between this announcement and the way the cricut circle changed, PC is sending a message that they are tired of helping scrapbookers. Well....I am tired of supporting a company that doesn't care about their customers!Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
 2 users thanked NurseYoung for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/29/2012(UTC), LuvMyCricut on 10/31/2012(UTC)
Enfys Offline
#123 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:10:51 PM(UTC)
Enfys

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1669 time(s) in 515 post(s)
Well I never thought I would say this, but I am done as well. I have been a loyal and enthusiastic customer from the beginning, and I don't even own an imagine, but I feel highly aggrieved about the way your customers have been misled about this now defunct machine. Read some of the comments, not everyone can buy an expensive machine on a whim, people have scrimped and saved to buy a machine which did not always perform satisfactorily from the outset - your fault, not theirs. Then they were no longer available in craft outlets, cartridges and inks were being clearanced everywhere, and the people who lined your coffers were the last to know.
Read the writing on the wall folks, gypsy not available anywhere but Cricut.com, accessories being sold for peanuts. Ring a bell?
I am not throwing a hissy fit and saying I will never use my Cricut again, I will. I have two E's and a baby bug, and over a hundred cartridges. That's quite enough for me. I will never buy another machine, or another cartridge, and yes, it's my birthday in November, and the machine that shall not be named will be coming to live in my house
So I am looking back with nostalgia to the 'glory days' when the message board was united in excitement and anticipation and you rarely let us down. Sigh, you were so nearly right PC, what a shame you got it so wrong
 8 users thanked Enfys for this useful post.
Shadow on 10/31/2012(UTC), MimiX4 on 10/31/2012(UTC), LuvMyCricut on 10/31/2012(UTC), Hugabug on 10/31/2012(UTC), CherylfromOz on 10/31/2012(UTC), Moxy77 on 10/31/2012(UTC), KaronH on 11/1/2012(UTC), BarbaraTravis on 11/6/2012(UTC)
MimiX4 Offline
#124 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:58:53 AM(UTC)
MimiX4

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
To say that I don't post much would be an understatement. I am not often in a position to post but I have been coming here for years to get inspiration from talented people like Enfys. I "bought" into all the hype about every machine that PC has put out for scrapbooking. I have an i that is great if you do not wish to use CCR and there is no way I will go through the drama of updating it again. I have a Gypsy that I believe will be discontinued in a few months or weeks. So in reality I probably have spent several thousand hard earned dollars on things that are pretty much going away. I still have my old faithful espression and e2.

I just think it is a shame that PC choose to do this to all of the loyal folks that wanted the "next best thing" that PC came out with. I do not know of any other compamy that would be allowed to do this and still stay in business.

At least they picked a good time of year to do it. I bet there will be a lot of the "other" machine under trees this Christmas. I also bet the other programs "that shall not be mentioned" will see an increas in business.

Good luck to all of you that continue to buy but I am through spending my money with this company-too many other's out there.
 5 users thanked MimiX4 for this useful post.
LuvMyCricut on 10/31/2012(UTC), Enfys on 10/31/2012(UTC), Shadow on 11/1/2012(UTC), crazycardcreator on 11/10/2012(UTC), Scraptastic on 11/29/2012(UTC)
grannyss1 Offline
#125 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:41:49 AM(UTC)
grannyss1

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I am very disappointed in PC. I have a baby bug(from way back when), expression, gypsy and imagine. I purchased the imagine thinking I would be able to get carts for it an now they are not going to produce it anymore. I will continue to use the machines I have, but as they become unusable, I will be looking at purchasing machines from other companies. I am very interested in the machines that don't require purchasing cartridges.

I have been a loyal PC fan from the early baby bug days when the baby bug cost almost as much as the expression. My loyalty is turning elsewhere.
 1 user thanked grannyss1 for this useful post.
Scraptastic on 11/29/2012(UTC)
FootballMom Offline
#126 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 6:11:16 PM(UTC)
FootballMom

Was thanked: 517 time(s) in 411 post(s)
Everyone has said everything that I feel. I'm so disappointed as well and have been a loyal PC fan from the beginning with the baby bug and was loyal to the mb. Well that all went down hill, so why am I surprised to see that Imagine discontinued?! I'm sad to see it come to this but I am done with PC too. I think you have royaly screwed up this time PC and unless you make this right, you will be done with more than just a few of us here. I will spread the word to anyone who asks me about your products!! I do shall get a Cameo when I feel like I can afford it, I will continue to use my PC products until they quit on me, and then I'm moving on!
 1 user thanked FootballMom for this useful post.
CarrolMills Offline
#127 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 9:03:30 PM(UTC)
CarrolMills

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I still feel betrayed by PC, and extremely bummed about it.

Well, it's been 10 days since this wonderful news became official. I'm taking bets on "if" Nathan ever returns to the message board and starts speaking to some of these issues.

Mad Angry Crying Glare Mad Angry Crying Glare Mad Angry Crying Glare

Carrol

and by the way ... what the $*&^) did I just join the Circle for? Seems like everything here is going to be fading off into the sunset Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Edited by user Friday, November 02, 2012 9:05:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cricutcrazylisa Offline
#128 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 12:42:52 PM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
So let me get this straight...The Imagine that was released was it three years ago now? That sold for oh $499.00...is now no longer going to be manufactured, and since most of us made that purchase at release..it's out of its warranty. No new cartridges because soon enough all of them will be dead anyway. So, we flushed five hundred dollars down the toilet. Thank you Provo Craft! No, really Thanks!
 2 users thanked cricutcrazylisa for this useful post.
Shadow on 11/4/2012(UTC), AngelaMcLean1 on 11/4/2012(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#129 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 8:31:23 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 971 time(s) in 701 post(s)
When a company is about to go under they cease caring about their customers needs....
They only want to discount and dump as much merchandise from their warehouses as they possibly can....They by-pass all their loyal retailers and begin selling products directly from the warehouse. They dump product lines and cease production.
THis is only a small part of the behavior of PC in the past 3 months.
So.....I think we all see the message that is being sent out - in spite of the denials on the telephone.

2 users thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Shadow on 11/4/2012(UTC), BJR on 12/16/2012(UTC)
letypedroza Offline
#130 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 10:55:19 PM(UTC)
letypedroza

Was thanked: 204 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
When a company is about to go under they cease caring about their customers needs....
They only want to discount and dump as much merchandise from their warehouses as they possibly can....They by-pass all their loyal retailers and begin selling products directly from the warehouse. They dump product lines and cease production.
THis is only a small part of the behavior of PC in the past 3 months.
So.....I think we all see the message that is being sent out - in spite of the denials on the telephone.

I believe you're right.
 1 user thanked letypedroza for this useful post.
Shadow on 11/4/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#131 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 3:45:17 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Originally Posted by: letypedroza Go to Quoted Post
I believe you're right.

Dead right !!!!

What a way to reward customer loyalty eh? They deserve whatever comeuppance they get!

1 user thanked Shadow for this useful post.
Gadget girl Offline
#132 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 11:55:02 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Wish they would listen to their customers. We deserve a medal for staying with them so long.
 2 users thanked Gadget girl for this useful post.
BJR on 11/7/2012(UTC), Scraptastic on 11/29/2012(UTC)
Ang Offline
#133 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 2:31:09 PM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Totally agree
BJR Offline
#134 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:11:50 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I agree Gadget Girl - we have been more than loyal. We supported them but its hard to get past that felling that you get now in our gut. BJR.
JustJudi Offline
#135 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:16:45 AM(UTC)
JustJudi

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 690 post(s)
Sad thing is, we can post on here how bad this is making us feel and how much money we have spent - but they really do not care - silence speaks volumes - and it's sad.
 2 users thanked JustJudi for this useful post.
Annabella on 11/7/2012(UTC), Shadow on 11/7/2012(UTC)
Annabella Offline
#136 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:22:57 AM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)

I truely wish the 'powers that be' would remove the smiling face of the person that was going to help us. Makes me wanna' puke!
 1 user thanked Annabella for this useful post.
Shadow on 11/7/2012(UTC)
BJR Offline
#137 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 1:17:35 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Rumors are out there- I do not like to add to them but as I did mention this before- a person from the Circle told me the E2 was on its way out- not sure unless they have another to put out there. That does not seem right but with all that is going on and with all that is left unsaid. BJR.
FionaWallace Offline
#138 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 1:42:29 PM(UTC)
FionaWallace

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I'm glad I never got round to buying the imagine but I have the cake, E2 and gypsy. It makes sense now that the cake mini is being sold here in the UK for next to nothing on a craft shopping channel. Nice one PC - sell your machines and then stop support for them.
StephSBushbe2ccfa4 Offline
#139 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:28:03 PM(UTC)
StephSBushbe2ccfa4

It would be great if owners of the Imagines, that have stopped working due to the software updates, were given vouchers for the cost of the Imagines, as well as for the cost of all the cartridges that could be applied to any FUTURE PROVOCRAFT or IMAGINE-LIKE product, when it comes out. Then, I wouldn't feel so SHAFTED by a company that I put faith and a big chunk of my disability income into. Now, I have an Imagine that won't work and no money to try something else. Disabled, broke, and now shafted by Provocraft.Crying
MelissaVelez Offline
#140 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 12:25:43 PM(UTC)
MelissaVelez

Originally Posted by: IrishDancer Go to Quoted Post
Seriously? That's how they handle that? THEIR software causes THEIR machine to FAIL and WE have to REPLACE it? WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS PRACTICE IS THAT?? But according to Nathan:

Ok, so let me get this perfectly clear:

I need to update my machine so that the update can possibly brick my machine which then Provocraft will then tell me to buy a new one, that is getting extremely difficult to find.

Did I miss anything? No? Ok, so then my final questions to PC, since they're not answering any more of our questions regarding the Imagine (but I'll try anyway), are these:

Why should I spend any more of my money on your products if you can't stand behind them? If you have no confidence in them, why should I?

I want to know if we can take legal action against PC? They are the ones putting out the updates that are messing up our machines that WE PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR.