Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nhs_shorty101371c9c51 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:00:35 AM(UTC)
nhs_shorty101371c9c51

Groups: Registered

Ok I am so frustrated! I am trying to cut on my Cricut and the paper keeps tearing...I cant get it to stick to the mat at all. I tried spraying spray adhesive on the mat but then it is too sticky and is gunking up...Suggestions?
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:34:11 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 367 post(s)
If its not sticking to the mat that would cause the blade to tear the paper, do you have another mat. Sounds like you need a new mat. Or to resticky and old one, i tried that spray and it didnt work, i use tack it glue and it works great.
marsha.byrdf169f91f Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 2:48:57 AM(UTC)
marsha.byrdf169f91f

I wash my mats with warm water. Try that.
unregistered Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:32:38 AM(UTC)
unregistered

Was thanked: 171 time(s) in 125 post(s)
For a while there were some Cricut mats that weren't sticky enough. Some people had good luck "conditioning" the mats by either burnishing them or running hot water on them.

I never had much luck with those mats.

The newest series of mats are great though. The have a white boarder with the word CRICUT going across it. The C on the Cricut has antennea like this guy -> BigGrin

It has to have the "Cricut" word on the middle. There are some that are blank but look the same, and those are not the good mats.

Olivia'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:41:59 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 432 post(s)
sounds like you may be using one of the bad mats. The ones that Iowagirl is talking about work great. I too got a batch of the bad no sticky mats. I did resticky them myself. I have used both quilters spray and also the Zig two way glue pens to resticky my mats. Either has worked great for me.

I have read othes who have gotten the no good mats and pc has replaced. You might call pc and see if you have any luck getting them to replace for you.

Also, if you are a new cricut user, with a good mat, getting the right settings with different type papers is a trial and error process. If you are trying to cut thin paper, I have never had much luck, especially like the single sheet papers from Hobby Lobby. I know you have to lower the pressure and decrease the blade depth to get the best thin paper cuts.

If you are cutting thicker card stock, there are certain papers, again like most of the single sheets sold at hobby lobby that don't cut well for me. It has to do with the fiber content I think, not sure. I have the most success using AC cardstock and with most papers that are sold in the paper stacks. I also wash my mats often with warm soapy water and a brush to remove the lint buildup.

I know there various web sites that provide reference charts for various paper/settings combinations.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
unregistered on 11/8/2012(UTC)