Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Chantel Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 10:36:48 PM(UTC)
Chantel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi all
My son desperately wants Robin PJ's for xmas (as in batman and Robin) and after extensive searching this will be almost impossible to come by!
So a girl at work suggested I make them and then I could get something that I can print out Robin's Logo from the imagine and iron it onto the pj top - what do I need to do this with and is it possible?
Thanks!
Chantel
Khrista Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 11:23:27 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chantel Go to Quoted Post
Hi all
My son desperately wants Robin PJ's for xmas (as in batman and Robin) and after extensive searching this will be almost impossible to come by!
So a girl at work suggested I make them and then I could get something that I can print out Robin's Logo from the imagine and iron it onto the pj top - what do I need to do this with and is it possible?
Thanks!
Chantel

Yes you can do this. I don't know that I would use the Imagine though (but yes you can do it with the Imagine). The easiest way would be to go to Joanne's (I don't think Michael's carries this) and in their quilting area (usually) they have printable fabric that you can run through an ink jet printer. Walmart also usually carries it in their office supply section where you'd get labels etc. They carry the Avery brand one. If you have a printer, I would find a google image you like and just do it that way. Save it as a file, insert it into a Word document, and then figure out the size you want, print it. The Imagine is an inkjet printer. You can print the different Imagine cart images as one layer though and make various things.. I've seen baby bibs, shirts, pillows, etc. If you have one of the font carts, Imagine or not, you could do your son's name too. If you have a home computer that is a laser printer, make sure to get laser printer one's if that's what you want to use.

To use the Imagine, you would have to layer the different pieces on top of one another. It could get kind of thick. I've done the printer kind with no problem. I've printed out pictures to put sew into a quilt for my mom. It will fade eventually, but probably not before he outgrows them. :) If you have a sewing machine, I'd stitch (either straight or zig zag) around it after you iron it. It'll hold it better. You don't *have* to though.

If it's something you end up liking and see yourself doing more of, there are other ways to do the same thing that costs less. You can treat fabric yourself (any color etc) for printer ink, then iron it on freezer paper and run it through a printer. Little longer to do as you have to do the different steps. I did this just because I did a big quilt. :)

More info than you probably wanted, but hope that helps :)
:)Khrista

1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 11/9/2012(UTC)