Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<1920212223>»
DeniseKenna Offline
#601 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 9:05:02 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Hi all Big waves to may SS andthe one who has me.

I've been helping out a friend who's company has been severly impacted by Sandy. Her nanny is out and she needed someone for her 17 mo old. Loving watching a little one but I'm not at home so crafting is limited. By the time I get home, I'm pretty spent.

Hope everyone has a great day!
CMC56 Offline
#602 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:11:20 AM(UTC)
CMC56

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi ladies JCI. Hope to get very serious about this starting today but definately will not be mailing Nov 14th. Sorry. Hope everone that as in the path of the storm is doing ok.
Sheila so glad you got your electric back in time. God sure does work in mysterious ways. Thinking and praying for you and your family and sending lots of hugs your way.
Check in later.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:19:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanP Offline
#603 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:13:35 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 826 time(s) in 679 post(s)
Crap!!!!
Dh just called me and we have no power again at home!!!!!

Must be one of those loose trees from last week because he heard a loud snap.
Switch on the transformer is tripped.

Hope there are some electric crews still hereBigGrin
ScrappinGwen Offline
#604 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:36:35 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 658 time(s) in 537 post(s)
Well that stinks Jean! If it's happening already, then just imagine how many others up and down the coast will experience the same! Just so frustrating for all.

Thanks for checking in ladies.

If you will all just to think to check in every so often, I'm fine with that right now. It's just gonna be one of those swaps where way too many out of the ordinary events are happening making it difficult for so many to be real chatty on the MB right now.

It's not just this thread but all the threads, from what I can see. How many times do you log on and then come back to check the threads a couple hours later and the same swaps are in the first 5 slots and no one has posted in an hour or longer! It's not the normal this past few weeks, for sure!

I feel real comfortable and confident that you all will manage to complete and be ready to mail the first of December. It doesn't look like anyone here has gone totally MIA.

So it's all good! Just try to enjoy your crafting time and have fun with the directives! Don't stress too much!

RockinRobin1 Offline
#605 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 12:38:32 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 666 post(s)
I'm here, just not chatty. Been trying to finish a couple of other swaps (Circle ones and ones here) and I have started on this one. This year I didn't go overboard with swaps, especially since we were in the process of moving, then unpacking, etc. At least things have calmed down somewhat for me.
GrammaP Offline
#606 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:34:29 PM(UTC)
GrammaP

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 146 post(s)
JCI orderd something really neat for my partner last night.BigGrin
JeanP Offline
#607 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:55:52 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 826 time(s) in 679 post(s)
Power Cocame right out and restored our power!!!!! Hope that is it for tonight.

We are getting some wet snow but it looks like other areas in NY and CT are getting 6-10" of the white stuff!!!!

I still say Mother Nature is very upset with us this year!!!!!!
M&KGrandma Offline
#608 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 5:22:10 PM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Checking in too! Jean, glad you got the power back on! I am so worried about all that are being impacted by these storms!! My great-aunt lives in New Brunswick, NJ and still has no power, she's 94 and thank goodness one of her grandsons was able to make it into her street and get her. They have no power either, but at least she's with them! Makes you very thankful for what we have here... I feel bad even complaining about our weather... which has actually been gorgeous yesterday and today....
I stayed off the computer almost the entire day and I can't believe how much stuff I got done!!! I am putting the last few touches on another swap and then will devote the rest of the time to this one!!!
Off to check a few threads and then do the dishes and come back here and get some more stuff done!!
Have a great evening!
Teri
Beanies Mom Offline
#609 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:42:28 AM(UTC)
Beanies Mom

United States
Location: MQ: Page 15 Post 431 / Joined Date Should Be 7/13/2006

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 70 post(s)
JCI I am actuallly up to date and concentrating on this swap. Last thing I want to do is let my SS down.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Debbie
RockinRobin1 Offline
#610 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 1:14:06 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 666 post(s)
JCI...here's a link to photos of my craft room in my new home:

http://www.cricut.com/fo...ft-Room.aspx#post1593760

KelleyRooks Offline
#611 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:17:53 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Checking in. It feels wierd not having a thousand swaps going at one time. The board is WAY TOO QUIET. I am going through withdrawals. Aside from this swap, anyone making Christmas gifts this year?

CandyHazzard Offline
#612 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 5:24:41 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 167 post(s)
Well I bought a Groupon type thing to make my own cookbooks, I'm planning on doing one with family recipe for DD and nephew ... haven't started yetBlushing and DGD will expect me to make something out of glass for all of her dance teachers ... I think she only has 6 this year, but she hasn't decided what I need to make yet ... I think I really need to get moving.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#613 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:21:54 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post
Checking in. It feels wierd not having a thousand swaps going at one time. The board is WAY TOO QUIET. I am going through withdrawals. Aside from this swap, anyone making Christmas gifts this year?

I hope to find time in Dec. to make some American Doll sized clothings for my DGD. Plus she loves so many crafts I receive in swaps that I thought I should try to make her an altered letter, or altered notebooks, etc. She would enjoy them just as much as anything I could buy. But whether I'll have time or not, who knows! lol I can just see the weeks flying by between now and Jan. 1st!

And yes, the boards are super quiet! It's not just this thread but all of them. Just seems like everyone is being hit with one major issue or another lately.

And it's hard to not do any other christmas swaps, but with this one having 12 directives, it's hard to sign up for anything else! I'll have all I can do to get this one done on time seeings that it's already Nov 8th! but I do miss the stocking swap and other swaps I did last year.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#614 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:27:54 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Robin, your room looks great! Now let's see how long it stays that organized and clean! ha ha ha!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#615 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 5:41:49 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I need to hear from Joysee and Scrapin*Creations for check ins. I'm not worried about Ali but I am concerned about Joysee as she's not reported back to any of her swaps and needs to make payment on her buy stamp in the Magnolia swap. I've emailed and PM'd her and no reply yet - 2 days.

So if I don't hear from her by beginning of next week, I'm going to have to remove her from the swap in fairness to the partners attached to her.

Hoping she shows up today or this weekend!

As previously mentioned - it will help us all out if everyone takes a couple minutes to check in weekly this month. This time of year, the weeks fly by, but try to do your best to be posting somewhere on the MB, so we all know you are still actively crafting.

Thanks!
M&KGrandma Offline
#616 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 7:12:21 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hmmm... that's kind of strange for Joysee, isn't it? I thought she was usually on top of things, but I don't really know her... hope she shows up though!!!
Bill has left for hunting for the weekend so I am crafting!!!! Kaitlyn is spending the night because Randi has to work for a few hours tomorrow... love the girls nights we get!! Matthew is going to the Inn with the guys, he's so excited!!!
We are supposed to have great weather for the weekend, so I do want to get out and cut the hostas down and clean up a little in the yard, not that I enjoy it, but it does need to get done or it looks horrible during the winter....
Hope everyone has a productive weekend!!!
Teri
KelleyRooks Offline
#617 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 1:31:01 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

From Kathy (Heaven) Her dc#

the 12 days swap with Gwen . It's a secret sis swap
trvkladd Offline
#618 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 10:33:43 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Loving the new avatar Kel~ I'm planning on making several gifts for each of my kids and even a few things for my DGS. And my sister and I are doing our own 12 Days Swap! I've been a very busy lady! Been in my craft room so much that I've heard the kids saying they might have to send in a search party Flapper Laugh Flapper Laugh

Hope everyone had a great week.

Things are coming right along for this swap and I'm right where I projected I would be. Was hoping that I would be ahead but such is life. So much going on! Will check in again soon.

Have a wonderful weekend, Ladies

~Rebecca
CraftyOldBat Offline
#619 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:21:54 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 399 time(s) in 334 post(s)
Checking in - the mb has been fairly inconsistent about letting me in lately but I've been lurking as a guest when I'm too lazy to clear cookies or sign into IE. Almost done the pear directive (it's kinda weird) and finished the masculine item directive today.I am moving along with no timing issues thus far.

Glad to see no major issues following the Nor'easter; we got about 4" of snow but most of it melted today. Monday may see 70* and Sunday's supposed to be in the 60s so I think I'll put my outdoor Christmas lights up while it is warm!

Happy weekend! Smile
JulieClawser Offline
#620 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:55:10 AM(UTC)
JulieClawser

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Good morning ladies!

Glad to hear that the latest rounds of storms aren't affecting any of us too badly!

Sounds like everyone is making progress on this swap... I have 2 items completely made, and my banner is cut and assembled, I just need to embellish it, hopefully tonight. I got the tough directives out of the way so I could sail through the final few. I have ideas for everything so I can say I'm right where I thought I'd be for this swap at this time. I am going away for a girls scrapping weekend next weekend, so I'm sure I'll be wrapping this swap up while I am away :)

We found out this week that we're having a BOY! I am thrilled that everything looks healthy at 20 weeks, and hubby is excited to be having a little soccer player :). DD smiles when she says she's getting a brother, so I guess you could say everyone is happy!

I hope everyone has a great week... Happy crafting!
GrammaP Offline
#621 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:29:02 PM(UTC)
GrammaP

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 146 post(s)
I am over half done and goiig to Jeanp's on Monday to finish up a project we started last week.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#622 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:36:22 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

How exciting Julie to find out it's a boy! Will be lots of fun for all!

Well, I had to go hit the craft stores again today. I really didn't need to, but those darn coupons were burning a hole in my pocket...

I can not believe all the christmas stuff out in the stores! Maybe not so much for paper crafting but for home decor. Overflowing! And people were out in groves! You'd have thought it was Black Friday! Must be cuz of Veteran's Day holiday sales?

I'm not sure if I found the special thing for this swap...but I did see lots of stuff and ideas for myself! lol

Remember those square glass blocks that you fill with lights and decorate the outside some? At M's I saw a wonderful idea that I plan on making for myself! I've had those blocks sitting in the corner waiting to be used for like 2 years now, maybe 3 years!

One block lays flat on the table. The other one stands up - on top of the other one. They had them glued together somehow - I tested it to see if I could lift the top block off of the bottom one! lol So it's kinda like a chair, so to speak (with no legs) Filled with a layer of some pretty small stone and the string of lights. And then the top of the upright block was decorated with a flower, pine boughs, ribbon, etc. which also cascaded down to the seat of the bottom block. And then the seat section was also decorated with pine bough, a couple pretty ornaments, snowflakes, etc. It was so pretty! The greenery cascading down the front of the top block really helped to hide all the wire on the string of lights. So just the light was shining thru the greenery. That's what I liked about it! Not having the string of lights be so gaudy and obvious.

On the backside of the upright block they glued a glittery snowflake to the glass back.

Now to find time to make one for myself before the holidays come and go! lol

I always have the best intentions - but never enough time!

Luvskrapin Offline
#623 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:22:06 PM(UTC)
Luvskrapin

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I only have one more day left to create for! I have a few ideas so maybe I will try them tomorrow! I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!BigGrin We have had snow that started friday morning and we have at least a foot of snow if not more! Ugh I hate snow! We are supposed to get more overnight and tomorrow! Cursing ThumbDown Sad
Jen Offline
#624 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:05:06 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Well I got a late start today and I am just winding down now. I am happy with the way something turned out, just not happy because I have been saving boxes for this swap and this item is too big/wide even for the biggest box I have. So I measured it and will be looking for a bigger box. Humm might even ship in two different boxes this time.

Julie, Congrats on the little man. We have two boys and then the baby is our daughter. Now our baby is 22 - lol.

Gwen, I had a bunch of coupons for Friday and Saturday and didn't make it to any store, craft or other. However earlier in the week I did find some beautiful Christmas card stock. Then tonight I found some I forgot I had.

Well I just wanted to check in as I will be busy this week and am not sure how much I will actually be on the MB.

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:48:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KelleyRooks Offline
#625 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 1:16:52 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Checking in. Congrats Julie on the baby boy news.

Kel
planlady19 Offline
#626 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:05:40 AM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 257 post(s)
jci.. i think we finally got all the Christmas shopping done that we needed before leaving next weekend.. I love going to see my boys but was not planning on taking a week off at this time of year.. but I will get my swap completed but it won't be until the last ship day .. sorry ss but
i am working on it.. hoping to find something different when we are driving up north next week.. we are actually going to take two days to get there. LOL we will see once we start we don't like to stop.. LOL

so i hope everyone has a wonderful week and i am off to craft.. yea....

Julie congrats on the baby boy..

Gwen that block sounds really insteresting..
ScrappinGwen Offline
#627 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:20:19 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Jessica - I cannot imagine that much snow already! Ugh!

It's a gorgeous day here! I swear it's the first nice day we've had since mid-Sept.! I'm sure I'm exaggerating the mid-Sept. but Oct. was a very rainy and damp and cold month! I truly does not seem like we've seen too many sunny, warm days this Fall at all!

CandyHazzard Offline
#628 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:55:48 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 167 post(s)
Let's try this again ... we have some beautiful weather today too ... a bit windy, but the sun is shining and it's over 60

I have 4 items completed ... got my banner finished today ... I'm happy with it ...
amylendall Offline
#629 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:07:19 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
fall?! what is fall?1 I think fall missed us completely and decided to jump straight to winter! It has snowed pretty close to nonstop for the last 2 days! of all the weekends to decide to snow why this weekend! I went to my overnight retreat regardless of the weather! had a blast! got alot done on this swap! I did something wierd I googled how to make flowers out of ribbon and came up with this other idea! now that the boys are gone for a few hours maybe I can give it a good try! biggest problem is everything is still packed! I have about half of the directives finished 3 more figured out and the other 3 I have no clue what to do! sounds like alot of other people here had alot better weather than we did! I finally decided to leave the hotel at about 10 last night and because of the slick roads it took me 45 minutes to get home! usually a 20 minute at most drive!have a great week everyone!!
Birdseye7776 Offline
#630 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:44:09 PM(UTC)
Birdseye7776

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I went to the same crop as Amy did, She made some Cute stuff, I may have to borrow that one cartridge from her lol. I sat and scrapped and got TONS done, 60 pages. YEA! I was happy, and they are all in there books now, just finished that up.

SO here is where I am I have 4 items finished and 1 or 2 in the works and No idea on the others. Now that the crop is over, I can get moving again. Oh and I got all my stuff unpacked, thanks to the kids bringing it all in the house for me. They must love me.
Oh and my baby SURE missed me, He cried when I didn't pick him up when I first saw him, but my hands were full and I had to get more out of my neighbors car (we carpooled). He is 11 months today. Can't believe how fast they grow.

Weather wise, We ended up getting a room for the night and stayed at the hotel. Roads were bad. But when I got home we only have about 6 inches of snow. Not as Lucky as Jessica with her foot of snow. (sorry Jess)