Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Samomom Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:04:16 PM(UTC)
Samomom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 65 post(s)
So here's my story. I just had to have the Imagine last year, so when it was on sale really cheaply on the Cricut site I snagged one and was so excited. Well, it sat in the box for a few weeks before I actually got around to plugging it in and turning it on. I printed one or two pages. It sat for awhile longer. I bought cartridges for it. It continuted to sit, and sit. Used it once more and it sat. Still sitting a year later. I don't know what it is about actually learning the machine, but I just don't have any interest. I have 16 carts, packs of ink, and kids who are asking me to please get it out of their computer area. I think I am out of my denial stage that I'm really going to use it. I'm not......I think!

Those of you who love the Imagine, please talk it up. What is the advantage of keeping it? I have an Expression and I could grab an E2 if needed. I'm not sold on the printing capabilities of the Imagine.

I also have a Gypsy that has something like 25 linked carts on it that I never ever use. I hate it actually! It's so not me. That has to go as well. Do people still use them since there is CCR now?

Is there even a market for these items? I'm not looking to make my money back or anything like that. I want it to be a fair deal for both parties if I do sell everything.

Thanks,
Melissa

Edited by user Friday, November 09, 2012 1:32:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JanaBailey Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 8:12:05 PM(UTC)
JanaBailey

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Well, I have had my Imagine since it launched two years ago and have LOVED it until an update about a month ago that made it stupid! I still love it but it doesn't play nice with CCR and I really want to be able to use it with it. I've been quite aggravated with mine lately actually but in the last few days it has been working well. O

n the positive side...I go to a retreat/bed & breakfast about 3 times a year with friends and family and I take my Imagine, white paper, a tape runner ,pop dots and some ink pads and that is it and I can create very pretty layouts, cards, etc with only that stuff while everybody else needs a moving van to bring all their stuff! I have many cartridges for the I that I haven't even used much and I haven't gotten tired of the papers and combining the papers with the traditional cartridge images makes the possibilities endless really. I literally stopped buying patterned paper when I really committed to using my Imagine.

Since CCR is acting weird with the I, I have been using my Gypsy more but that is mostly when just cutting so that I can move things around on mat to conserve papers. I have an Expression also that I love and will never get rid of unless it dies because it never acts up but I just use it with the cartridges.

I don't know if this helps much but I do love the Imagine and if you have one that works well you should hang on to it because not everyone's works well. Right after I got my I, I really took a risk by only taking it and white paper to the retreat, forcing me to use it as it was designed and I really fell in love with it after that weekend.

If you don't use it, sell it to someone who will enjoy it and buy what makes you happy!

Blessings!
Jana
TammyPuckett Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 8:48:18 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 197 post(s)
I too love my Imagine. The last updater the CCR now works with Imagine. I love the paper that I can print & have made some beautiful layouts with it. As for the Gypsy, that is my favorite thing to use! I take mine to crops & scrap away. I take it with me when I am sitting in a Dr's office and just love it. It is so versatile & works beautifully with the Imagine. I actually prefer the Gypsy with the Imagine to just do layouts. The only way I use the CCR with my I is when I want to put multiple objects from differents carts on one layout & when I want to weld things together which you can't do with the G.

Hope that changes your mind, but they are both great machines to craft with!
chellabella Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 9:04:26 PM(UTC)
chellabella

United States

Was thanked: 173 time(s) in 137 post(s)
I just got my I in August,and it sat in the box for about two weeks. I was so intimidated by it and the instructional video that came with it didn't help much.
It wasn't until I got the video "Imagine A to Z" that gave me the courage to take it out of the box and use it. Now I absolutely Love LOVELove it!!! That video has SO MANY great project ideas, I get stumped as to which to try next. I got the inkjet shrink film, the inkjet t-shirt transfer material and I have the rub-on film on the way. LOVE THIS MACHINE!!!

I love my G too, CCR isn't my thing, but I have to agree with Jana "If you don't use it, sell it to someone who will enjoy it and buy what makes you happy!"

~Angela
Samomom Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 9:06:22 PM(UTC)
Samomom

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 65 post(s)
Hum...maybe I should drag it out of the kids room and free their desk of space and use it a bit more. Maybe I just being a bit of a technophobe about it. I feel bad that I have spent so much money on it and it's just sitting there. As for that Gypsy- that thing bugs me to no end!

Melissa

Edited by user Friday, November 09, 2012 9:11:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

chellabella Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 10:45:08 PM(UTC)
chellabella

United States

Was thanked: 173 time(s) in 137 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MelissaHannant Go to Quoted Post
Hum...maybe I should drag it out of the kids room and free their desk of space and use it a bit more. Maybe I just being a bit of a technophobe about it. I feel bad that I have spent so much money on it and it's just sitting there. As for that Gypsy- that thing bugs me to no end!

Melissa

LOL LOL LOL That's how I feel about CCR!LOL LOL LOL
~Angela
Khrista Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:02:16 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MelissaHannant Go to Quoted Post
So here's my story. I just had to have the Imagine last year, so when it was on sale really cheaply on the Cricut site I snagged one and was so excited. Well, it sat in the box for a few weeks before I actually got around to plugging it in and turning it on. I printed one or two pages. It sat for awhile longer. I bought cartridges for it. It continuted to sit, and sit. Used it once more and it sat. Still sitting a year later. I don't know what it is about actually learning the machine, but I just don't have any interest. I have 16 carts, packs of ink, and kids who are asking me to please get it out of their computer area. I think I am out of my denial stage that I'm really going to use it. I'm not......I think!

Those of you who love the Imagine, please talk it up. What is the advantage of keeping it? I have an Expression and I could grab an E2 if needed. I'm not sold on the printing capabilities of the Imagine.

I also have a Gypsy that has something like 25 linked carts on it that I never ever use. I hate it actually! It's so not me. That has to go as well. Do people still use them since there is CCR now?

Is there even a market for these items? I'm not looking to make my money back or anything like that. I want it to be a fair deal for both parties if I do sell everything.

Thanks,
Melissa

I'm with the others, sell it if you don't think you'll use it. However, I will say my older daughter knows how to use it (has since I got it and she was hm.. just turned 9 when it launched if I recall the launch date right ) ) so if you don't use it, maybe something to consider letting the kids use to craft with too.

If you've had it over a year, it means the warranty is out. That's the only iffy. Maybe give it a try and play wiht it, even if it's just to print full sheets of paper. If you have problems, there's other users here that can help and PCGena has been pretty good about keeping an eye on this forum now too.

:)Khrista
karenwalls Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:07:18 PM(UTC)
karenwalls

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
here is my story....
i bought the imagine... at stupid money price... in the UK on launch... at 1st i was sooo excited... printed some bits.. watched it cut... etc... then it sat for over a year... i went to use it... inks had dried up as i had left it sitting... i phoned provocraft and they sent me new ones out... machine was working again... i looked at it.. and thought... b*gger it i have spent way to much money to leave it sitting... so i played with it.. with the few cartridges i had... and i have to say... i am soooo HAPPY i did... i had one hitch... was when it wouldnt read original carts.. they fixed that and i have been flying for ages now.... i now have 18 imagine carts... and 22 original carts.. once i started using it.. playing with colours on the orginal carts i am just sooo happy... i can colour anything i want with any colour... including the correct colours for disney carts.. thanks to the net and colour codes... lol
i have bought 4 of each ink cart so i dont run out... and i have also bought a pre loved gypsy.. and i use that... and i have to say the JT art cartridge is fab.. it sparked me off no end.. just my kind of images..
i hope you either get to like your imagine and gypsy... or as the others say... let someone else have the chance of giving it a happy home...
kaz_za
LizaLemos Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:31:18 PM(UTC)
LizaLemos

omg i have a similar story. i bought the imagine when it came out i think in 2011 and it sat in the box for a very long time. i fell in love with it when i saw it online. i already had (and rarely used) the Cricut Expression. I can't remember when i bought the CE2, which i love and is so easy! i still can't find anyone to buy the CE. but the Imagine, that sat in a box for a while because i had no room. i finally opened it, it was soo heavy. and i tried calibrating it soo many times. it never worked and i had to put it away finally and ended up using and loving how easy the CE2 was. i just moved recently and now i have 3 Cricut machines. my daughter wants to kill me! and now i read up one of the posts, that my warranty is probably expired. i'm hoping i can update the software or something. i would hate to have spent all that money and not get to use it. it looked like it was going to be so fun! Blushing