Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages123>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:15:29 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1420 time(s) in 1116 post(s)
Here we go again... I think I must have started close to a dozen if not more chatting sites...

The last 3 months we have met cricut friends from Canada and NJ...

So please feel free to join in our little cricut chatters corner

I am from Long Island NY and just got power after 11 days.... there are still so many more people who have no power or homes left....

So we are very blessed and fortunate to have power and a roof over our heads..

I have been a member from the get go Aug. 2006

lv2scrap02 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:26:21 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Yesterday did wash all day trying to catch up today washing floors rugs then would like to do some crafting

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:24:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:44:20 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Just got off the phone with my DD Patty and she said Abigail (GD) is doing so good eating her breakfast

I posted this picture in the closed thread yesterday... Abigail pumpkin picking

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:45:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
lumix 226.jpg
 2 users thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 11/12/2012(UTC), JeanneLee on 11/15/2012(UTC)
CraftyKat Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:05:13 AM(UTC)
CraftyKat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Hi, I'm in Lakewood, Colorado (a suburb of Denver). We got an inch of snow last night. This has been one of the driest years I can ever remember here.
I've been here (on the board) since 2010. That's when I got my first bug, and had no idea what to do with it. This board has been so helpful!
I can't imagine what all of you on the east coast are going thru! My thoughts and prayers are with you all. It's good to hear some of you are getting some power back.
Today is my dh's birthday, so we will be celebrating that!
 1 user thanked CraftyKat for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 11/11/2012(UTC)
CraftyKat Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:06:33 AM(UTC)
CraftyKat

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 72 post(s)
lv2- What a darling picture!
 1 user thanked CraftyKat for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 11/11/2012(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:26:21 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Thank you CraftyKat please join us anytime..

The weather here on L.I. this weekend is like Spring hard to believe 2 weeks ago we got hit with a Hurricane then a Nor Eastern Snowstorm...

Happy Birthday to DH.. enjoy the dayBigGrin
southgirltexas Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:30:51 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Hi from North East Texas. I do understand what you are going thru lv2, we had an ice storm here and no power and low low temps for 10 days a few years ago. Having power is a very good thing.

I started scrapbooking about 24 years ago. I found some old pictures in a suitcase my Mama had and just couldn't leave them till they were all out of there and seen by family members. I had the pleasure of giving a family memeber a look at his mother and father when they were young. I have been on this site a few years.

I am working on a diarama for Christmas as a Christmas present for a friend of mine.

I am retired and spend most of my days crafting.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 11:00:46 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Welcome to our chat group.BigGrin Southgirltexas

Isn't it wonderful being retired BigGrin

Although now I am taking care of my first grandchild (Abigail) and enjoying every minute of it.

I started scrapbooking back in 2002. I was taking care of 2 children (after I retired from Banking) I was bored so took a pt job taking care of a 7 week old baby girl who is now 16 Hannah and her brother is 14 Alex. I use to take so many photos of them so I started scrapbooking them and would give the scrapbooks to their parents as gifts.

Then once I got hooked (Creative Memories) I started scrapbooking my DD Patty photos I completed many albums from her birth to her wedding and then gave them all to her.

Then DH said menioned why not start a family album (my second marriage) so I started from our dating years and have been working on that.

Then in 2006 Cricut changed my like completely. I got rid of all the darn stickers, borders and just did everything with my Cricut Machine. DH bought it for me in August 2006 with 4 carts.. Doodlecharms, WIMG, TBBM, Christmas Cheer... following Valentines Day a Cuttlebug and all the folders.

Then the E and then the Imagine.

So before little Abigail came along I also crafted everyday.

2004 I went to a SU Party and was hooked on that right along with CTMH...

That is when I started making cards and loving it.

Although now I usually use my E or my Imgine to make cards.

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2012 7:42:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Larmabee Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:25:40 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Good Afternoon!
A cold sunshiny day! Days like this it would be wonderful to be a cat, and sleep on the window sill in the sun shine.
I am a special education teacher from Canada - Saskatchewan. I have a DD (12) and DH(age undisclosed). In my spare time outside of paper crafting, I run a boxing for fitness class 2x a week, a zumba class 1x a week, am a Girl Guide leader and enjoy baking. Wow, written down it looks like so much, no wonder I'm always tired!
My post it note holders have a hold of me. I started another dozen this morning. I will post when they are done. I have 4 main styles. I get bored making them all the same.
Welcome to SouthgirlTexas and CraftyKat. We are always glad to see new faces!
Take care
Laura
PedalPower Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:28:41 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Hi Nancy...found the new link!! BigGrin

We did something super cool today. One of the dads on my son's football team was an excellent videographer. He filmed each game, then would edit the games to music and did a bunch of special effects. Today, the parents rented a theatre and surprised the boys. They thought they were coming to see a private screening of Wreck It Ralph, but after the previews played, it was the entire season, including the last game that they had not yet seen. It was really, really cool! Now...some of them were thinking they'd get to see Wreck It Ralph after the football dvd was over, but they got over that pretty quickly! LOL

Windy, but warm here today. In for a big change as cold air moves in again. I mowed my yard for the last time of 2012 yesterday. Thank goodness....
SandraB. Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:29:24 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Hi everyone;
I guess it's my turn for introductions. I've been married to my dh for 38 years and we have 2 married dd's; 35 & 30. We also have a 32 year old ds who lives with Down's Syndrome. And of course, 2 wonderful son-in-laws. I'm an educational assistant mostly working with children with some sort of needs. Currently, I'm working part-time in a grade 9 class and part-time in a grade 4 class. I've been scrapbooking for about 12 years now, got started on it by a former teacher I worked with...she showed me one of her albums and the rest is history.BigGrin! My crafty cousin-in-law in crime got me hooked on stamping (which I swore I was never going to do). So I make all my own cards and love doing papercraft projects. This same person also got me hooked on the Cricut. She had the original Cricut and wanted an Expression, so I bought her little guy from her, now I use that for crops and have an E that I leave at home with all my other "toys". I call Alberta, Canada home.

Welcome Southgirl Texas and CraftyKat, jump in whenever you like

Laura: it's sunny but cool here today. Love your post-it note holders

Sonja: what a nice surprise for the boys.

Nancy: thanks for starting a new thread for us. Glad little Abigail is liking hew new foods. Glad things are getting back to normal for you.

My cousin and the above mentioned crafty partner in crime are coming for dinner today. Getting ready for that. I have the next 2 days off, so I might even get some crafting done.LOL!

Bye for now, take care everyone.BigGrin

Shelly Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:59:26 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 323 time(s) in 281 post(s)
Hi everyone! I'll join in.

I have been on the boards for about two years, I think. I have 5 children, 4 girls and 1 son. Three of the girls are married (all within 7 months). My son is in college and still lives at home. I have one grandson and one on the way.

I have always loved crafting of almost any kind. I have done alot of sewing, hand embroidery and crocheting. About 10 years ago I got my first embroidery machine and got hooked on that. I am currently on machine #3. I have more designs than I will ever have time to stitch out, but I keep finding more I have to have.

My oldest daughter got a Cricut when they first came out. She used it all the time and I got her to do some stuff for me occasionally. She got an E as soon as it came out. She kept trying to get me to join her. I told her I didn't not need anything else to spend my time and money on. Well, about three years ago she gave me her small bug and stuff to get me started and I got hooked. The next year on Black Friday I got an E. My DH wouldn't let me play with it till Christmas, but boy did I have a fun day, it was like being a kid and getting a toy all over again. I now have more paper and embellishments than I will possibly use, but I keep getting more (Hmm, I think there is a pattern here).

I live in Sandy, Utah. We got over 18 inches of snow on Friday and Saturday! I hate snow, but I guess we need it. Didn't get much at all last year, so I guess its a good thing. My husband's back is not liking all the shoveling though.

I have 4 daughters and one son. Three daughters are married, within a period of 7 months. My son still lives at home and is going to college and working. I have one grandson and one on the way.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:23:09 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I am so obbessed with crafting and Abigail I should have mentioned I am married 28 1/2 yrs.

I have 1 daughter Patty (37) from my first marriage and 2 step sons 35 and 37 all married
My first grandchild Abigail 6months old today

My husband also has some hobbies KoiPonds, Garden Trains and Bonzi

Thank goodness for his hobbies ...

I forgot to mention Max he is 7 1/2 yrs. old and a Havanese

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2012 7:44:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:29:55 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Welcome Shelly. nice to meet you...

We have a nice group of gals here...

Sandra.. enjoy your dinner and your 2 days off

Shelly... wow 3 DD married within 7 months... that had to be hectic!!!

Sonya.. what a nice surprise for the kids... I am sure it was a big hit..

My new crafting friend Linda asked if we could exchange Thanksgiving cards

So she dropped a thanksgiving card off to me today beautiful card she made but blank on the inside!!!

I was going to make a card and put inside to her and her DH so now what do I do???
lv2scrap02 Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:31:00 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Shelly you live in the heart of the Provocraft... there must be tons of crafts stores in UtahBigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:36:43 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

The MB will be down tonight I believe they said 11pm MT until 3am MT they said on the East Coast (that's me) it should be up and working by Monday morning

Have a good night/day all
ROSEANN Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:51:05 PM(UTC)
ROSEANN

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi IV2

I was glad to see someone on the message board from NY. I live in Brooklyn NY. We Just got our power back too. Now catching out with all the house work. I have been a member since 2008. I have been married for 24 years and have 3 beautiful daughters 15,17, and 20. I am a middleschool teacher's assisant(Paraprofessional). I love crafting but find it hard to find supplies here in Brooklyn NY we dont have any craft stores the closest store is about 40 minutes away. Currently working on my christmas cards.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:17:06 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1597 time(s) in 1280 post(s)
Hi all.

Sonya, the video sounds amazing for your DS!

COLD day today. Sunny but COLD.

I live in Eastern Oregon. Married, three daughters, two of them are engaged, one wedding in March and one in July. Third lives in LA. DH is a retired school teacher.

We had an "engagement dinner" for youngest, the first one engaged and the one getting married in March. It was very nice. We just met her in-laws yesterday for the first time. She and fiance' have been dating for two years.

Middle is the other one engaged. She has been dating for two months!

Went wedding dress shopping for youngest yesterday. Tried on a few. She will have to think about them.

And oh, the avatar is Nick. Nick will be nine years old on Christmas day. He ALWAYS gets birthday gifts and he has his own stocking that Santa fills. Nick changes his hats monthly.
craft-mommy Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:19:19 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Hello Everyone BigGrin

Little about me Blushing I'm Heather a full time stay at home mom to now my (12-year old) daughter (she turn 12 today BigGrin) and to my 18 year old step-son and loving wife to my hubby for almost 7 year's in March. We live in Oklahoma where the weather is very crazy...lol yes we have been in the high 80's and today we got rain and now it's COLD so they always say wait a min or two and the weather will change..lol

I have joined the board's this year but have owned my Cricut since they first came out and I have been scrapbooking since my daughter was born because I love having her picture's in one place...

Forgot to add - we have 3-dog's (all girls) & 1-hamster (boy) and number of chicken's & duck's so we live on a very small farm BigGrin and they are just like our own kid's

If you like to know anything else feel free to ask!

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:26:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

craft-mommy Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:24:52 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Hi all.

Sonya, the video sounds amazing for your DS!

COLD day today. Sunny but COLD.

I live in Eastern Oregon. Married, three daughters, two of them are engaged, one wedding in March and one in July. Third lives in LA. DH is a retired school teacher.

We had an "engagement dinner" for youngest, the first one engaged and the one getting married in March. It was very nice. We just met her in-laws yesterday for the first time. She and fiance' have been dating for two years.

Middle is the other one engaged. She has been dating for two months!

Went wedding dress shopping for youngest yesterday. Tried on a few. She will have to think about them.

And oh, the avatar is Nick. Nick will be nine years old on Christmas day. He ALWAYS gets birthday gifts and he has his own stocking that Santa fills. Nick changes his hats monthly.

This sounds like my house, we have 3-dog's (all girls) and they are just like our own kid's and they get there own stocking's as well and we will be adding one more stocking this Chirstmas for my daughters hamster (boy)
Shelly Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:52:58 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 323 time(s) in 281 post(s)
Yes, three girls in 7 months was CRAZY. The first two were six weeks apart, and had gotten engaged at the same time. Then the youngest decided to join the club and it was exactly 7 months to the day after the first one got married. I got pretty good at finding deals on things and had a list of places for friends to look at. Still have the list, waiting for the oldest to get married.

I do live close to Provo Craft. However, we really only have Michaels, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, and another small craft store here by me. There was one that originally was owned by PC, I heard that was the best craft store, I thought. It got sold to another company and went out of buisness last year. I really miss that store, they had the best selection of PC items all the time. TONS of carts always.

Was nice living so close to the main office a couple of months ago when my Gypsy had a problem and had to be sent in. I just drove it over and went and picked it up when it was done, so I was without it much shorter time than if I would have had to ship it.
SandraB. Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:56:12 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Wow! it's nice to see some new faces join our little Cricut familyBigGrin!

Dinner was good, even had some crafting time with cousin-in-law. Just got back from taking ds back to his group home. Had time to cut some stuff of the Stand Up and Salute cart. that was free to use in the CCR today.

Shelly: my two dd's got married within 4 months of each other. The first was all planned, the second they surprised us and told us they were getting married in Maui. They had it all planned, we just had to show up. They got married in Oct., so we had a family celebration for them here the following summer as they live in Van. B.C., and we are in Sunny Alberta, where she grew up. The closest stores at the moment for us are about 1/2 hour away, though we are getting our own Michael's. It is being built now...not sure when it's supposed to open though.

Roseann: welcome and glad your life is getting back to normal.

Joy: glad the dinner went well

Heather: besides our kids, we have 2 cats and a pond full of Koi and goldfish. This is the 2nd year we are trying to winter the outside...last year wasn't too successful. Now, we've got all the necessities, so fingers-crossed it will be ok. So far, so good...though we haven't seen real cold weather yet. It's about -10 right now.

Bye for now and take care everyone. Jump in whenever you like our new friends.BigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 5:14:28 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Wow, so many people jumping in on our chat thread. Great to meet you all & hope you will all continue to post. We have a lovely group on people on this thread & it is nice to chat about our day to day lives!

I am Sharon, I'm 39 years old & currently living in Flemington NJ. I was born & grew up in England though. Then moved here when I was 20yrs old & worked as a nanny in Manhattan NY & lived in Queens NY. Great memories from NY! Met my DH on a dating website & he was from NJ, so moved to NJ & now it is has been 11 years we have been married.

I have fraternal twin girls that are 7 years old. They look very different (straight dirty blond hair & wavy dark hair) & act very different too (one is pretty good & quiet, other one is into everything!!).

I have been into crafting since I was a little girl. Used to do lace making, have done knitting in the past too (but forgotten that!), calligraphy, quilling & then started scrapbooking about 8 years ago. I got hooked on CTMH about 6 years ago & was spending so much money on it, I decided to sign up as a consultant & have been one since. I love CTMH products!

I also have a Cricut Expression & a Cricut Imagine. My poor Imagine doesn't get a lot of use as I think I am scared of it. I love my Expression though & that gets a lot of use when I go to cropping weekends (which I go to about once every 2 months!).

We weren't too badly effected by Hurricane Sandy, just lost power & water (as we have septic & well water) for 3 days. That was bad enough though. Cannot imagine dealing with 11 days of no power!

My Mum was meant to arrive on monday evening (the night of the hurricane) from England. But because of the hurricane she didn't arrive until the friday evening. Then we went on sunday to VA for 5 days, which was lovely. Now my Mum is going home this evening. :( It was really fun time & I will miss her, as will my girls!

Wow, that was a lot I wrote, if you manage to read all that you deserve a star!
DebbieScraps Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:07:29 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Wow, welcome to all the new chatters BigGrin

I live in Australia, have a son and a daughter and one very spoilt dog BigGrin I don't seem to have done much crafting lately, really, really need to get back into it, I miss it and my cricut is feeling very neglected.

We are heading towards summer, the days have been really lovely recently but it does get very hot and very dry as we have winter rains (when we get rain Crying )

southgirltexas Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:19:02 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
We went on a belated "leaf peeping" tour of north and central Ark. this last Wednesday. Bought wine saw some awesome scenery and meet some interesting people. BF (unmarried and have a very long term relationship with BF) wants to move up there now. I saw a few HL's but don't think I could take a 30 minute trip to buy supplies. It takes about 5 mintes to get to M or HL here and to my LSS about 10 minutes.

I am currently working on a "panarama" box I saw on Graphic 45 you tube. Althought I think it is missnamed ...diarama box? It was a Halloween box but I got the not so bright idea of making it a Christmas box. Much adjusting and a few trips to HL and I think I may be finished.

Next? hmmm maybe the music box I bought at a garage sale...but...I have to make a clay doll (it has a bird cage on top). Not into clay yet.

PedalPower Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:21:55 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Hi everyone...I actually saw pellets of ice on my way home from the gym today. That's a far cry from the 60 degree weather we had over the weekend!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:47:25 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: ROSEANN Go to Quoted Post
Hi IV2

I was glad to see someone on the message board from NY. I live in Brooklyn NY. We Just got our power back too. Now catching out with all the house work. I have been a member since 2008. I have been married for 24 years and have 3 beautiful daughters 15,17, and 20. I am a middleschool teacher's assisant(Paraprofessional). I love crafting but find it hard to find supplies here in Brooklyn NY we dont have any craft stores the closest store is about 40 minutes away. Currently working on my christmas cards.

Hi Roseann,

I was in Brooklyn about 3 weeks ago I think it was the Flatbush area near Greenwood Cemetary and Prospect Park visiting Koi Pond Club Members who are building a pond.

I buy most of my Cricut supplies and carts on line their are so many scrabook web sites to purchase products

www.scrapbookbookpal.com
custom crops
cricut.com
Hallmarkscrabooking

Many more if you spend a certain amount sometimes you can get free s/h
lv2scrap02 Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:48:34 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I am trying to get Abigail to sleep

Welcome to all the new chatters hope to see you againBigGrin

Beautiful day here today 60's hoping to take the baby for a stroll

Have a great day / night all
lv2scrap02 Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:47:59 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Yeh I didn't have to signin again maybe the new updates are better now
joyfullycrafting Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:23:53 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1597 time(s) in 1280 post(s)
Hmmm. I had to sign in.

Sharon, I read your whole post, and I knew most of it already! Laugh

Jordan's parents headed back home today, after we all ate breakfast together. It sounds like they will probably hit snow on their way home. They are very nice, and it was good to finally meet them. Kind of nice that we already know Megan's fiance's parents. His name is Brandon.

Another COLD day. And it is gray and gloomy outside.

I think I will start cutting wedding invitation parts today.

Joy