Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Gisele Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:40:17 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Welcome to RAQ's Card Sketch Challenge!

Everyone is welcome to join in! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Use the sketches as inspiration. Choose one or all the sketches. Please show us your work!

For the new ones just looking in and unsure about joining in, please do! My first time here was in January. You’ll find great support, lots of tips and of course some great laughs and fun!

EXTRA CREDIT – Make a tag for any occasion. I’m including a sketch for the tag but you don’t need to follow it.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations!
Gisele attached the following image(s):
MFTWSC86.jpg
VLVFebWeek1Sketch.gif
Tag Sketch.png
 4 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 11/13/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 11/14/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/14/2012(UTC), jill4jewels on 11/14/2012(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:46:13 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Good evening ladies! I'm posting early tonight as I've had a long day and tomorrow I will be out all day too. I wasn't sure about what designs to pick. I ended up making five different cards and then getting my family to help me narrow it down to 3. Have fun this week!

Here are my sample cards.

Sketch #1 - Cindy Loo for the frame and Ribbons and Rosettes for the brown border. Flower was made with lace. Added a few stick pins, pearls and more lace ribbon.

Sketch #2 - Using Graphic 45 Christmas Paper. Joys of the Season for the ornament frame and Accent Essentials for the frame with the rectangles. Checkered ribbon and a brad for embellishment.

Extra credit Tag - Joys of the Season for soldier and star frame. MS punch for the scallop border.

Gisele attached the following image(s):
SAM_1260.jpg
SAM_1256.jpg
SAM_1258.jpg
 2 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
cstanzione on 11/14/2012(UTC), DeeScraps on 11/14/2012(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:33:11 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 734 time(s) in 565 post(s)
Oh my, I got the DREADED "ERROR" message when I tried to post my Ad Colors. I'll try it again.

Thanks for posting early....the sketches are great. Doing a tag is outside of the box for me... so I'm looking forward to making one.

Here are this week's Ad Colors. Please join us and have FUN!

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
 3 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
cstanzione on 11/14/2012(UTC), Gisele on 11/14/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/14/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:24:10 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2611 time(s) in 1370 post(s)
Thanks Gisele for hosting this week. I love the sketches and the tag idea.

Your cards are all beautiful, love the papers. Your tag is so festive.

Dee thanks for the colors, WOW lots of them this weekBigGrin
 2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Gisele on 11/14/2012(UTC), DeeScraps on 11/14/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:58:37 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 950 time(s) in 612 post(s)
Gisele,
Congratulations!!!! Great sketches and Extra Credit Challenge on your first ever Hosting week!
#1 - Love the lace flower with the pretty stick pins and the lacy border at the bottom. Great Thank You card.
#2 - Beautiful card!! Love the old-fashioned Santa image on the tree ornament and the Christmas papers and sentiment are very pretty. The addition of the plaid ribbon rounds out the nostalgic theme of the card.
Tag - LOVE this tag, what size did you make it? The cuts all fit so nicely on it and doesn't look crowded at all. The frame is a very nice cut, as is the Soldier, like the layering on each of them.

DeeScraps
Thanks for the Ad Color Challenge for this week. Mostly standard primary colors, pretty sure I have them in my stash.
 2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Nancy J. Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:19:19 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Gisele, thanks for hosting and you would never know it was your first time!!! I love your cards and what a neat idea to use lace for a rosette and for your 2nd card... well I love Santas so that one is my favorite.... and that tag what a great idea for my Christmas packages.. I need to make some and this would be a great time to do so.

Dee, thanks for doing the ad colors... I should have these colors also.
 2 users thanked Nancy J. for this useful post.
AcrossThePond Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:54:51 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Gisele - Thanks for hosting this week and hope you will be able to do so again. This may encourage more people to give it a go.
Great sketches for us to use.
Your card for #1 is so pretty with its muted tones and I too love the lace rosette. #2 I just love how you did the cut out areas, ribbon is lovely with its button top. Oh my love the tag.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
Gisele on 11/14/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:56:23 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Dee - Nice bright colours for us to use this week.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 11/14/2012(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:35:48 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Gisele,
Congratulations!!!! Great sketches and Extra Credit Challenge on your first ever Hosting week!
#1 - Love the lace flower with the pretty stick pins and the lacy border at the bottom. Great Thank You card.
#2 - Beautiful card!! Love the old-fashioned Santa image on the tree ornament and the Christmas papers and sentiment are very pretty. The addition of the plaid ribbon rounds out the nostalgic theme of the card.
Tag - LOVE this tag, what size did you make it? The cuts all fit so nicely on it and doesn't look crowded at all. The frame is a very nice cut, as is the Soldier, like the layering on each of them.

DeeScraps
Thanks for the Ad Color Challenge for this week. Mostly standard primary colors, pretty sure I have them in my stash.

Turtlebug - the outer part of the tag is 3 3/4 inches by 2 1/2 inches, the soldier is 2 inches tall and the star frame is 2 1/4 inches wide.
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/14/2012(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:37:01 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Thanks for the wonderful comments and support for my first time hosting! I will try and stop by during the day! Enjoy!
Gisele Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:38:28 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Dee - thanks for the ad colours! My sketch one does use all those colours plus brown! That was easy for me BigGrin
DeeScraps on 11/20/2012(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:53:56 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Gisele, yay, I am so glad you decided to host! Great set of sketches! Love the lacy flower on your first card! It really makes an impact on the whole card! So very pretty! Love everything about your Christmas card! Such a warm wonderful feel to it! Oh no... not another tag, lol! They are my worse enemies, lol, but you pulled it off so well! Love the little soldier guy!

Dee, thanks for always being so faithful at doing the ad colors! Lots of bright colors this time!
 2 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 11/14/2012(UTC), Gisele on 11/14/2012(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:17:23 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 734 time(s) in 565 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post
Dee - thanks for the ad colours! My sketch one does use all those colours plus brown! That was easy for me BigGrin

I'm glad everyone likes the Ad Colors this week. I just thought the photo was so nice and bright.

Gisele.....you lucked out girl!!!!! Thanks for hosting.

Enlarging photos....I asked about this on another board and someone suggested that I "right click" on the photo and then "left click on to open in a new window." It works and makes the photos very big. It's so nice to be able to see all the great details of the cards again!!!!

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
SandyPalmer Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:30:25 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

I tried to get the tag out of the way seeing as it is my least favorite thing to do!

Dee, you really don't want to enlarge this one, lol!
SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
00502.jpg
britishgirl Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:42:40 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Thank you for the great sketches i have combined a card with a tag and made a tag card my oldest daughter loves snowmen so i made this for her the image is just a free google image and sorry no cricut on this one
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_0920.JPG
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:09:02 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello everyone! I meant to log on sooner... like last night sooner but I twisted my knee yesterday and hubby wouldn't let me put any weight on it afterwards. He wouldn't even let me sit on a chair and craft. He said I should rest and gave me Aleve so my knee wouldn't swell up

Anyway, feeling better today so... let me go scroll up and read everything
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:19:55 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Gisele: thanks for hosting for us and with great sketches too! Your sample cards / tags are all so wonderful. Love the colors on the first and all the embellishments. The Christmas card looks so vintage... love love how that ribbon turned out. What a great tag!

DeeScraps: thanks for the Ad colors... another challenging one it seems... hee hee. I'll go look in my stash and see if I can find one that would fit those colors

SandyPalmer: I think you did an awesome job with this snow globe tag. What a great way to think out of the box. Love the popped-up reindeer and the embossing on the snow globe adds a lot

britishgirl: oooh you know I love blue... so I'm loving this tag! Great image

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:20:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:26:19 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

This is from the last challenge...

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
Raquel Sorry about that guess I did misunderstand you! LOL!

Good to know about the markers. I may have to invest in some of those. That would be perfect for the cards I make.

As far as the pictures go I store them on my computer in the pictures section of my computer. :)

I'm going to assume you're using the "Attach files to this post?" feature... this shouldn't be a problem. You're not getting any error messages after you browse for the image?

jill4jewels: awesome set of cards! The boy card is so cute and what a great way to tackle the Ad colors. Your fall card is so pretty... love all the different papers and love love those sunflowers!

LisaW.: what a great 2-page layout! Love the way you arranged the pictures and great set of papers

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:27:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

BingoLady Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:29:13 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 962 time(s) in 650 post(s)
Gisele thankyou for hosting, nice sketches. And your cards are wonderful.
I like all the decor and colors.

Dee thankyou for the nice colors.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:30:04 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Raquel I'm going to assume you're using the "Attach files to this post?" feature... this shouldn't be a problem. You're not getting any error messages after you browse for the image?

I don't recall getting any error messages and yes I'm using the attach files in order to post my pictures as you instructed before. However, I'm getting an error message whenever I try to apply it. Weird. Whenever I logged onto in fact I got error messages. When I clicked on the link on the first page to come into this room it kicked me out at first. So I'm not sure what in the heck is going on. I at first thought it was the maintenance stuff going on but now I'm wondering. :(

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:17:15 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Here's my sketch 2 from last week with the Ad colors also from last week... I just now finished putting all the pieces together

Cartridge used: Stamping

This was the first time I used sandpaper ... what a messy technique! I like how the sanded embossed area looks though. I also bought the heart pins ages ago and decided to add the beads to them to make them more "decorative"

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:21:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... just because

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:22:53 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
Raquel I'm going to assume you're using the "Attach files to this post?" feature... this shouldn't be a problem. You're not getting any error messages after you browse for the image?

I don't recall getting any error messages and yes I'm using the attach files in order to post my pictures as you instructed before. However, I'm getting an error message whenever I try to apply it. Weird. Whenever I logged onto in fact I got error messages. When I clicked on the link on the first page to come into this room it kicked me out at first. So I'm not sure what in the heck is going on. I at first thought it was the maintenance stuff going on but now I'm wondering. :(

I think we'll just blame the forum for all the glitches for now. I tried to attach from my computer and I had no problems uploading

SandyPalmer Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:56:11 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Britishgirl, I just love snowmen too! Beautiful!

Raquel, that is a WOW card! Gorgeous!
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/15/2012(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:58:47 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
My how the best plans can get turned topsy turvy. My husband has been gone almost two weeks on a business trip to Brazil and I thought most of my time would be spent on getting ahead on my card making! Sounded grand but it just has not worked out that way. Razz I am alive and well and so sorry I did not have time to comment on the lovely cards from last week. I did drop in to see your creations. Well done everyone!! ThumpUp
One of the little boys from church has a birthday today so I ran with the idea of a tag from this week and made a tag card. Plus I used the #1 sketch from last week as a guide although I only used one large cut instead of 3 smaller ones.
I used 3 Birds on Parade for the baseball bird cut at 3". The background paper with the little league players was generated with a computer program and my regular printer. I inked the edges with royal blue as well as stamped some stars at the top. I just free cut the long banners and stamped the word celebrate on it. I also added the baseball brad, some foam squares behind the bird, and tied some hemp cord through the top hole. Hope you enjoy my little creation.
I should be posting again in the next few days because I have three birthday cards to make by Sunday and I really need these sketches to help me out!
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Baseball Bird.jpg
Gisele Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:02:47 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Nice to see some creations tonight!

Sandy – Your reindeer tag turned out really well! Love the idea of the snow globe!

Britishgirl – Great idea with the tag card! I’m a huge fan of snowmen too and that is a really nice image!

Raquel – you’ve been having some bad luck – first your eye and now your knee! Glad you’re feeling better! Wow! Great card from last week’s sketch – lots of details! The sanded embossed paper looks really good!

Joyful Carol – Gald you’re well and we missed your creations! Wonderful baseball tag card – I’m sure he will love it!
♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/15/2012(UTC)
jjolynmill Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:25:48 PM(UTC)
jjolynmill

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandyPalmer Go to Quoted Post
I tried to get the tag out of the way seeing as it is my least favorite thing to do!

Dee, you really don't want to enlarge this one, lol!

My SIL Christy told me about this forum last weekend. Here I am checking it out. I must say Sandy I really love this tag. Reminds me of the movie and island of misfit toys. Brings up alot of good childhood memories. Love how your reindeer stands out and the embossed paper background.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:47:09 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post

I think we'll just blame the forum for all the glitches for now. I tried to attach from my computer and I had no problems uploading

That works for me! I have no clue otherwise! Kind of irritating though! Hopefully we'll find out if it is the site or if it is my computer. :) I sure hope its not my computer though! :) By the way, love the gold in your card! Very elegant! :)
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:48:09 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: jjolynmill Go to Quoted Post
My SIL Christy told me about this forum last weekend. Here I am checking it out. I must say Sandy I really love this tag. Reminds me of the movie and island of misfit toys. Brings up alot of good childhood memories. Love how your reindeer stands out and the embossed paper background.

Yep! That's my sister-in-law guys! :)
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:49:55 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Hey guys its been a crazy day of cleaning today. So I'm going to try and get busy on my card tomorrow when I'm fresh. I see some nice cards so far! Be back later to comment on them all! Looking good though!
TurtleBug Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:56:07 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 950 time(s) in 612 post(s)
I hear you Sandy...you dislike making Tags the way I dislike making Banners!!!LOL LOL

My #3 Tag:

Circles - Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Snowflakes" folders
Red Circle - Artiste cartridge
Sentiment - Beyond Birthdays cartridge
Added Christmas ribbon, red and "diamond" gems and a smaller "diamond" to "dot" the "i" in the word "Holiday".

I SURE am enjoying my Zyron Create-a-Sticker machine NanaDonna gave me for my birthday last month...I ran the "Happy Holidays" sentiment through it and presto I glued that small lettering right down!!BigGrin.. ..Thanks again, Donna!!

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:02:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified