Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Selena Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:59:54 AM(UTC)
Selena

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,128
Location: Florida

Thanks: 951 times
Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MSblu** Go to Quoted Post
If updates are causing the cricut machines to malfunction, listen to those that it happened to. That was enough for me. I didn't have to try it. ALL of my machines work(create,expression,E2, Imagine, and the gypsy). Luck..........NO, Sense...YES, NO UPDATES. Works for me.




If you want to use new carts (like Teen Scene, etc.) then you do have to update some of your machines, like I had to for the Imagine. It's not a matter of trying to update for the fun or just for the heck of it--it's a matter of being able to use the products.

Makes Sense to Me.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:00:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Edited to remove my b**chy-ness

 1 user thanked Selena for this useful post.
jscraftylady on 11/14/2012(UTC)
AnnaC Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:09:24 PM(UTC)
AnnaC

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/17/2006(UTC)
Posts: 248

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 55 post(s)
I decided that the trend of crummy updates was not worth the purchase price of new cartridges. I think I am done buying -- thus eliminating the need to update.

Unless, of course, something amazing comes out. But I don't think it will.
jscraftylady Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:04:51 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,723
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 552 times
Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MSblu** Go to Quoted Post
If updates are causing the cricut machines to malfunction, listen to those that it happened to. That was enough for me. I didn't have to try it. ALL of my machines work(create,expression,E2, Imagine, and the gypsy). Luck..........NO, Sense...YES, NO UPDATES. Works for me.


Yep, we update our machines for the fun of it. How silly of us!

Was this your monthly trip out from under your bridge?
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
Selena on 11/14/2012(UTC)
MSblu** Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:24:09 PM(UTC)
MSblu**

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/25/2007(UTC)
Posts: 66

Thanks: 75 times
Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
I have 150+ carts, have not updated, and I can use all of them. I didn't call names or try to make you feel different. I did not crawl from under a bridge either. Be nice crafters, I only asked a question.
 1 user thanked MSblu** for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/15/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:33:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 15,008
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18560 times
Was thanked: 8154 time(s) in 4778 post(s)
I feel very SMART, myself. I have done every update in CCR since its inception. I did have a malfunction of my Expression between 2.34 and 2.43; however, PC helped me with it and it now works with CCR. Unfortunately, I'm unable to use it manually, but as long as I do have CCR, I have moved on and am very THANKFUL for CCR.

I also have a MINI; and, I haven't had one problem with it since its launch on HSN. I LOVE CCR and I LOVE MY CRICUTS!!

So some of us are SMART and some of you are SMART. I think some of us are even. Not trying to be flippant; just seeing it in a different perspective than you are. The ones who aren't even, of course, are those who would really love to use CCR and have their machines working for them. I do feel for them.

Char
KTbirdiegirl Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:46:31 PM(UTC)
KTbirdiegirl

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/18/2009(UTC)
Posts: 146

Thanks: 88 times
Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Yep, we update our machines for the fun of it. How silly of us!

Was this your monthly trip out from under your bridge?


Are you insinuating that the readers who do not comment regularly are trolls? I hope not! I enjoy coming to the message boards for inspiration, not insults.

BTW, I haven't updated my Gypsy in over a year. It works great with my 42 loaded cartridges. Honestly, I haven't bought any new carts during the last year because I have over a thousand images from my loaded carts and am happy with that option. I don't use CCR either so no need to update my expression.

Sorry, some of these comments rubbed me the wrong way, too. Happy crafting.

Kathryn
 2 users thanked KTbirdiegirl for this useful post.
Freda C. on 11/14/2012(UTC), STW on 11/14/2012(UTC)
JustJudi Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:52:11 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 4/22/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,489
Location: Texas

Thanks: 1603 times
Was thanked: 1236 time(s) in 697 post(s)
LOL Ladies - ya'll are cute- we shouldn't have to be afraid to update - but we are because of all of the bad updates that PC has put out. I have updated every time and had to re-link all of my cartridges once. I think that's pretty good since I've been a Cricut user for two years. I feel bad that because of the bad updates, we feel this way. I don't know if PC feels bad about it, but I do. LOL
Multicrafter Amy Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:52:33 PM(UTC)
Multicrafter Amy

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 3/5/2009(UTC)
Posts: 4,398
United States

Thanks: 3816 times
Was thanked: 12879 time(s) in 2285 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MSblu** Go to Quoted Post
I have 150+ carts, have not updated, and I can use all of them. I didn't call names or try to make you feel different. I did not crawl from under a bridge either. Be nice crafters, I only asked a question.


Maybe try changing the title of this thread.

"How smart do you have to be?" can be taken the wrong way as you have seen. Maybe you could have titled the thread "In my opinion, do not update." When you say" How smart do you have to be" It can be viewed as "You must not be as smart as me."
 5 users thanked Multicrafter Amy for this useful post.
JustJudi on 11/14/2012(UTC), CricketCMV on 11/14/2012(UTC), Selena on 11/14/2012(UTC), TatianaBelova on 11/14/2012(UTC), Barbi on 11/14/2012(UTC)
JustJudi Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:22:15 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 4/22/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,489
Location: Texas

Thanks: 1603 times
Was thanked: 1236 time(s) in 697 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MultiCrafter Amy Go to Quoted Post
Maybe try changing the title of this thread.

"How smart do you have to be?" can be taken the wrong way as you have seen. Maybe you could have titled the thread "In my opinion, do not update." When you say" How smart do you have to be" It can be viewed as "You must not be as smart as me."


I have to admit, the first time I read it, it did sorta sound like that.
 3 users thanked JustJudi for this useful post.
Multicrafter Amy on 11/14/2012(UTC), Selena on 11/14/2012(UTC), Barbi on 11/14/2012(UTC)
Selena Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:04:07 PM(UTC)
Selena

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,128
Location: Florida

Thanks: 951 times
Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MSblu** Go to Quoted Post
I have 150+ carts, have not updated, and I can use all of them. I didn't call names or try to make you feel different. I did not crawl from under a bridge either. Be nice crafters, I only asked a question.



I edited my post to remove my b**chy-ness. I have had a headache all day and I guess I really took your post the wrong way, so it just hit the nail right on the head Cursing

But I'm over it and try not to get all riled up.

But yeah...I still buy carts and lots of them. My imagine is my only machine and I have to update it for it to use the newer carts.

I just (as in this past weekend) got a baby bug. So we'll see how that works.

Glad things are working for you. I wish that for all PC users BigGrin
jscraftylady Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:19:19 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,723
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 552 times
Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KTbirdiegirl Go to Quoted Post
Are you insinuating that the readers who do not comment regularly are trolls? I hope not! I enjoy coming to the message boards for inspiration, not insults.


Kathryn


Of course not. But people who come onto a board to post a thread like this are trolling and trolling hard. From the insulting title to the ignorant reply, she's trolling.

Plain and simple if you want to use your Gypsy with new titles, you have to update. I have also had to update my machines to use newer carts and I have to update my machine to work with new Gypsy and CCR updates. Apparently, that makes me and everyone else who has to do updates to get their machines to work with each other, with the software or with newer carts not very smart or so her post would insinuate.

jscraftylady Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:26:59 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,723
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 552 times
Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MSblu** Go to Quoted Post
If updates are causing the cricut machines to malfunction, listen to those that it happened to. That was enough for me. I didn't have to try it. ALL of my machines work(create,expression,E2, Imagine, and the gypsy). Luck..........NO, Sense...YES, NO UPDATES. Works for me.


The only question you asked was "how smart do you have to be?" Then you told the rest of us we had no sense, unlike your brilliant self, for updating our machines. So how smart do you have to be? Apparently quite a bit smarter than you to know how the machines work with each other and with the craftroom software and to know that they have to be updated when new content or firmware is necessary to keep the machines talking to each other and recognizing new carts.

I will not be removing any of my attitude because you earned it all with your obnoxious post.
JanisD Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:32:11 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/28/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,326
United States
Location: U.P. of Mich.

Thanks: 958 times
Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Well, I've been a Cricut user since the launch of the original Bug & have done many, many, many updates & never had a problem.

Almost 7 yrs. worth of updates LOL.
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/14/2012(UTC)
mom2sidsquid Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:50:18 PM(UTC)
mom2sidsquid

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/2/2007(UTC)
Posts: 2,411
Location: TX

Thanks: 3461 times
Was thanked: 1157 time(s) in 768 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
Well, I've been a Cricut user since the launch of the original Bug & have done many, many, many updates & never had a problem.

Almost 7 yrs. worth of updates LOL.


Consider yourself lucky. Do you use the Imagine, Gypsy or CCR? If so, you really should play the lottery. I'm terrified to update my Imagine, I've had to restore my Gypsy and reload over 250 carts afer an update.
 1 user thanked mom2sidsquid for this useful post.
Moxy77 on 11/15/2012(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:09:28 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/28/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,326
United States
Location: U.P. of Mich.

Thanks: 958 times
Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mom2sidsquid Go to Quoted Post
Consider yourself lucky. Do you use the Imagine, Gypsy or CCR? If so, you really should play the lottery. I'm terrified to update my Imagine, I've had to restore my Gypsy and reload over 250 carts afer an update.




I use CCR & I have Design Studio, the original Bug & the Expression, but no Imagine or Gypsy. :)
I feel for those of you that do have the {I & Gypsy} I feel the frustration in some people's posts.
 2 users thanked JanisD for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 11/14/2012(UTC), jscraftylady on 11/14/2012(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:20:21 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,723
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 552 times
Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
I use CCR & I have Design Studio, the original Bug & the Expression, but no Imagine or Gypsy. :)
I feel for those of you that do have the {I & Gypsy} I feel the frustration in some people's posts.


As much as I love my Gypsy, it is the machine I have had the most updating issues with. The worst part is you have to update it every time there are new carts or you can't link those carts to the Gypsy. And the Imagine would be a close second.

I have had mostly good luck with my E, Cake and Mini. Just a few glitches. Every time I have done an update, though, I had to in order to use the machine with a new cartridge, with the Craftroom or with my Gypsy. I did not, as the OP suggests, just update because I felt like it and have no sense.Glare
stampwishes Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:08:27 PM(UTC)
stampwishes

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/28/2007(UTC)
Posts: 441

Thanks: 73 times
Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Of course not. But people who come onto a board to post a thread like this are trolling and trolling hard. From the insulting title to the ignorant reply, she's trolling.


This may or may not be the case but what purpose does it serve to attack someone because you feel insulted? Especially when most of us are here for a positive exchange of ideas.

I am not trying to attack you. I just want to suggest that maybe if we ALL focus on the positive and ignore the negative, maybe there would be more good to share which is our common purpose.

I really love coming on here and seeing everyone's great projects and reading their great tips and ideas. I want to see MORE of that so THAT is what I choose to focus on. If someone says something negative or insulting, I generally try to ignore it.

IF the OP was intending to inflame, then any negative responses would only serve her purpose. Why give her that satisfaction?

 1 user thanked stampwishes for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 11/15/2012(UTC)
curious george II Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:09:37 PM(UTC)
curious george II

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/13/2012(UTC)
Posts: 237
United States

Thanks: 21 times
Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stampwishes Go to Quoted Post
This may or may not be the case but what purpose does it serve to attack someone because you feel insulted? Especially when most of us are here for a positive exchange of ideas.

I am not trying to attack you. I just want to suggest that maybe if we ALL focus on the positive and ignore the negative, maybe there would be more good to share which is our common purpose.

I really love coming on here and seeing everyone's great projects and reading their great tips and ideas. I want to see MORE of that so THAT is what I choose to focus on. If someone says something negative or insulting, I generally try to ignore it.

IF the OP was intending to inflame, then any negative responses would only serve her purpose. Why give her that satisfaction?



Or we just choose not to read the thread and keep it moving without commenting or being negative. I am sure at some point or at some time or the other we have have issues updating our machines... I have an I and that is why I started coming here to figure out the issues I was having with my own. Although there have been times when I have come on here to vent but I have met some beautiful helpful people on here up close and personal (PM's) and just by reading what they have posted to help us. . . Just to name a few Narelle, Soshescraps, CricetCMV, and Khrista . . . I am ever so grateful for all the help, comments, designs, and products being offered on this message board. Sometimes we have to take things with a grain of salt. . .learn from them. . . and keep it moving. Not everyone is going to be happy with everything that is posted on the MB. . . we are all individuals with separate opinions. And trust me I am not trying to offend anyone. . .

Curious II
 2 users thanked curious george II for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/15/2012(UTC), MaryScraps on 11/15/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:27:20 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 15,008
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18560 times
Was thanked: 8154 time(s) in 4778 post(s)
Originally Posted by: curious george II Go to Quoted Post
Or we just choose not to read the thread and keep it moving without commenting or being negative. I am sure at some point or at some time or the other we have have issues updating our machines... I have an I and that is why I started coming here to figure out the issues I was having with my own. Although there have been times when I have come on here to vent but I have met some beautiful helpful people on here up close and personal (PM's) and just by reading what they have posted to help us. . . Just to name a few Narelle, Soshescraps, CricetCMV, and Khrista . . . I am ever so grateful for all the help, comments, designs, and products being offered on this message board. Sometimes we have to take things with a grain of salt. . .learn from them. . . and keep it moving. Not everyone is going to be happy with everything that is posted on the MB. . . we are all individuals with separate opinions. And trust me I am not trying to offend anyone. . .

Curious II


WOW! I feel really honored to be mentioned in your post, curious george!! That's so sweet!

I really don't think the OP meant anything by her post. I tried to POST in a non-negative way but to let her see that some of us who have had good luck with our updates do feel exactly as she does.....that we're SMART in what we've been able to do with our updates/machines. ON THE SAME HAND, though, we realize that there are plenty of users out here who feel very frustrated in what they've accomplished through updates. Not all of us are so lucky. I can see why she feels she has been SMART not to do the updates......afraid she might be losing out though. BUT, maybe she's not gung ho on using CCR. I HAPPEN TO LOVE CCR because I would see all the beautiful things others would do with CDS....and, I wasn't SMART enough to get my old computer to work with CDS (mainly because it didn't have enough RAM); then, CCR came along by the time I bought a computer that would be able to function with CDS. So, I went with FREE rather than go out and spend $89+ for CDS.

I learned long ago to never play the lottery......after a few years of "lightly" playing along and never winning.

Char

Edited by user Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:30:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 11/15/2012(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:39:53 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/28/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,326
United States
Location: U.P. of Mich.

Thanks: 958 times
Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
As much as I love my Gypsy, it is the machine I have had the most updating issues with. The worst part is you have to update it every time there are new carts or you can't link those carts to the Gypsy. And the Imagine would be a close second.

I have had mostly good luck with my E, Cake and Mini. Just a few glitches. Every time I have done an update, though, I had to in order to use the machine with a new cartridge, with the Craftroom or with my Gypsy. I did not, as the OP suggests, just update because I felt like it and have no sense.Glare


Oh I know you didn't update for the fun of it. I think anyone who reads this thread knows that too. I think you have plenty of sense & we at times have to over-look some of these posts even though it's hard to do.
I did most updates due to using new carts as well. Just so they'd show up in CCR or DS.
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 11/15/2012(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.133 seconds.
nebo-cricut-01