Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5960616263>»
Phyllis Offline
#1801 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 6:39:14 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Good evening everyone. Another day with little accomplished except spending money. Went to Kohls and bought myself a Kitchenaid stand mixer, got a real good deal, I had a 30% coupon and they were on sale, plus got $40 in Kohls cash, don't know why I didn't get $50 at least, maybe they put a cap on them. Oh well, I used it on making my bread. The dough hook worked great but the bread is NOT rising. I am at a total loss as to what I am doing wrong, I have followed the instructions to the T. I was hoping to have bread for my guests tomorrow night, not.

Deb, the fall pictures you posted on FB were beautiful. Prissy looked like she was enjoying the ride. Got a question ... my new mixer came with a stainless steel bowl, is this OK for mixing the bread dough, that's the only type bowl that came with all of them.

Pat, I know what you mean about those large trees collecting dust. I had a large one a year or so ago and dusting it was a job so it finally went out to trash, took up a lot of room to. We're supposed to have 70 degree weather also tomorrow, just wish it was here to stay but downhill again next week, guess that's the time of the year though. Hope you can get your family activities dates in order.

Gramma, I do think the Big Shot is a better machine as far as cutting the thin dies.

Joanne, have a nice cruise, hope you can get internet service.

Jess, Happy Birthday again, hope everything goes good at your stamp camp tomorrow. Have fun shopping and watching football.

Renate, have fun in Nashville, it's been so long since I've been there but enjoyed it then, it has surely changed a lot since then.

Think I'll try to make a few cards tonight.

Catch ya'll later.
imnchghere Offline
#1802 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:22:10 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning... it is going to be beautiful here for the next 3 days, so we are hoping to take advantage.

Phyllis, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Kitchenaid. I don't use the dough hook often, but when I do I usually take the dough out and put it into one of my ceramic bowls to rise. I am not sure if the stainless mixer bowl would make a difference. Maybe Deb can shed some light on the subject.

Today, I am going to go through each room in the house and see what we can haul off to the dump today and what we can put out for p/u on Wed. One thing that is going is the treadmill. We don't use it and it is taking up space. It will be on the curb Wed.

Jim & I talked a bit about the over lapping family activities. he thinks we can squeeze it all in. I think we can also, but we will see.

Need to put together some Thanksgiving cards for a few extended family members (they LOVE my hand made cards). Maybe I can work on that plan this evening. Then I need to get my tiny bows finished.

Have a great day everyone.

Dbson Offline
#1803 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 10:32:36 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Happy Saturday...up early, started cleaning, cinnamon rolls were picked up and then back to work...taking a short lunch break and back at it again.....this house will be done before the day ends...
Jess must be at SC and sharing time with her sis....
Phyllis I guess you might try the way Pat said she did, transfer the dough to another bowl after mixing...
Good luck with the family activities Pat...we haven't even started to look at dates here...
Hello to everyone else, I am done eating and back to work....
Phyllis Offline
#1804 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:25:51 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Happy sunny Saturday to all. Gorgeous day here but I have to spend my time inside.

Pat, I did transfer my dough to a plastic bowl to rise, I was just wondering if mixing the dough in the stainless steel bowl made a difference, guess not, has to be something wrong with the starter. I hear you on the treadmill, been there done that. Our friend now has my old one. They take up so much space.

Deb, hope you're having a good day, thanks for your email last night, hope I'm not bothering you too much with my questions.
well back to cleaning a bit.

Hello to all.
Dbson Offline
#1805 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:41:40 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Phyllis please, it is never a bother on bread....I just wish I knew why your dough was not rising...
I love my big KA mixer too....wish I had not gotten the largest one but it will last me forever, I hope.
Finally got the house work done, some laundry, vacuumed the patio, had my afternoon coffee, cut down some dead hosta plants, fed the birds, fresh water in the bird bath and now I need to work on my nails...
Supper is either another chicken sandwich or I might have a salad.....#1 DS came by this morning, went home with a chain saw and leaf blower.....envelopes just arrived that I had thought were MIA.....just took way longer to get here than normal.....have a great afternoon, I need to get another load from the washer.
imnchghere Offline
#1806 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:53:47 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening in the royal bakery.. Phyllis, I have sent you a pdf of the KA directions that come with their starter. It also has 2 recipes. There is no mention of metal bowls being a problem. I hope you can figure out what your problem is. My starter is over a year old. It is so nice and sour. Just the way I like it. The older the starter, the more sour it gets. Now I am thinking I might offer to bring rolls for Thanksgiving if the family gets together. You all are bad for me.

Deb, I can't wait to get my house to a point that all I have to do is keep it clean. Today, Jim & I hauled off a JEEP load of stuff to the land fill and recycle. Tomorrow we haul off the boxes of donations to the craft sale. We worked a bit on the garage. That was where most of the stuff was that got hauled off. So nice to have Jim's muscle today.

Phyllis, I am hoping the charity p/u will take the Ficus trees on Wed. If not I am not sure what I will do with them. Right now one is in the shed and one is the deck. I hate to haul them to the trash, because other than a little dust, they are nice trees. They weren't cheap, but that was a lotta years ago.

Deb, I think we are going to be able to do some cutting back of the plants tomorrow when we get home. I have hostas, peonies and a couple rose bushes. At least the little bugs are not in my face this time of the year. Might do a little leaf raking as well. The sycamore is dropping it's dinner plate size leaves now.

Well, I need to get off the computer and see if I can make a few of the little bows. Or maybe I will just go to bed.

Dbson Offline
#1807 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 7:27:36 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, a little breeze, sunny and leaving are a falling....my cousin/hubby from FL are in state for their vacation, staying about 80 miles north of us, we are planning to meet for lunch next week in Gadsden.

Happy Veteran's Day to all our vets.....

Pat glad you had Jim's help to continue with your plan of purging...

MIL isn't feeling well, she went to bed at 4 yesterday afternoon...hubby tried to call and check on her after supper, I just don't know what the next couple weeks are going to bring...

I took a couple things to the building yesterday....we need to get the 'old' metal building cleaned up inside a bit, but we like to wait til the wasps (and bees) are not flying about...they like to nest in there since we don't use that building often. Need to set one of the foggers off in there too....

Hope everyone has a great day, I am off to finish my coffee and find something for b'fast....later....

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:32:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gramma Offline
#1808 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:13:34 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hellos from Sunny and WARM WNY. Temps in the hi 60's today!

I'm going to do a couple more b'day cards for CFS to make 50 and I plan on mailing them tomorrow if I can find a box. My card supply is running low so I'm waiting for new blanks and envies.

Thank you all for the Big Shot feedback. I found one that was $30 less than the highest priced one and ordered it last night. Shipping wasn't terrible, but I still got a deal even with it. I also ordered a boatload of adhesives.

Deb, I hope your MIL gets some answers and you all can finally get settled with treatments, etc. Not knowing is the most stressful part for me. I read "somewhere" that metal has some kind of reaction with yeast and that you shouldn't use metal bowls or utensils when yeast is involved. It wasn't too awful long ago that I read it, mostly because I still remember. LOL

Pat, I bet if you set your ficus trees by the curb and mark "FREE" on them, they won't be there a day. Lots of that goes on around here.. especially with larger items like old sofas and chairs. My slob neighbor picks up almost anything and uses it for lawn decoration.

Phyllis, I'm getting closer to finding that other picture, but I'm going to wait until after the holidays. I don't need a frame before then(DH would say I don't need one after either, but what does he know).

Hope the rest of the castle is enjoying their weekend.

Hugz,
Gramma

housefullofrotties Offline
#1809 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:33:37 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Happy Veteran's Day! A big thank you to all who have served and have family members that have served! I appreciate you!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Renate~Is baking in your plans for the day? Did you enjoy your visit to Nashville? What did you do?

Deb~Sounds like you had some lousy customer service with the cable. Glad your envelopes finally made it. Sorry to hear MIL had a bad day. Hope today is better for her.

Phyllis~I'm sure you'll love your KA. They do usually last forever, although I am on my second one. I don't think the Kohl's cash has a limit. I would question them about it. Hope you get the bread issues resolved. I'm sure it's frustrating.

Pat~Hope you got through all those tiny bows! If I had a place to put a treadmill I think I would give it a try. Not doing anything isn't working for me!

Gramma~Woohoo on your BS purchase! Enjoy! Good luck on the card making!

Thanks again for all the birthday wishes! Stamp camp went fine although we had three no shows, they'll get kits now. I did end up having two card samples disappear. I'm trying to hope they accidently ended up in the garbage rather than walking off with someone. Went out to eat with sis and did some shopping. I have beef and pork roasts with potatoes and carrots in the oven so it'll be a nice dinner to look forward to. DH will be home tonight. He saw a big buck yesterday and rambled on and on about it when we talked. For his sake I hope he sees it again and gets a chance at it. Today I plan on getting stamp camp put to rest and starting on my Thanksgiving cards. This will be done while sitting in front of the TV watching football! Looking forward to another Monday of sleeping in! Have a nice day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#1810 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:13:25 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening....not a bad day here.....sister came out this afternoon and I cut vinyl for some crowns for my great-niece's beauty pageant next month....a few were out of the glitter paper...didn't want to stick but maybe it will stay on til pageant night....cooked a pork loin, potatoes, peppers and onions, candied yams....not fancy but sure was good.....
Gramma I know my 'old bread' starters say no metal so I use a wooden spoon, glass and then plastic to let it rise....
Jess sorry about the no shows, glad you had a nice visit with your sis....guess Brad will be happy to be home....at least he has a nice meal awaiting him....
Think I will stay home tomorrow and run my errands on Tuesday after the holiday is over....need to run in Kohl's and use my 30% off coupon on something.....
I am going to clean up the kitchen, put my pj's on and chill the rest of the evening....
imnchghere Offline
#1811 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:15:18 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good Monday morning.. Lots of getting rid of stuff yesterday. Hauled 8 boxes of craft stuff for the Dec sale to that location. We had already taken a load of trash and recycle to the land fill on Saturday. This morning empty boxes went out for recycle p/u. Now I start again. Jim is home and I have got to take advantage of his muscle. We are going to work a bit in the front yard and get the plants cleaned up.

Last night I finished the tiny bows for my cards. 60+ Now I have my SU ornaments to work on. I want to make 12 for gifts, so I have a lot of stamping to do first and then cutting. Need to figure out how to use the cuttlebug with the dies. Any help from Jess will be appreciated. My SU friend only has the big shot and no clue/help with the CB. Maybe I should check the link that Joanne posted. Had to borrow stamp pads as all I have are the small ones. I need to return those on Saturday. I feel like Jess getting ready for camp.

Got my starter resuscitated and hopefully I can make rolls for Thanksgiving. I am also going to offer to bring pumpkin bread pudding.

I will have to try to catch up better this evening. Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good Monday.
Dbson Offline
#1812 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:53:06 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Monday....a rainy one here but that is ok, my plans for working in the yard will now be work on some craft things. Fed a starter last night, dough is rising, washer/dryer are both going....about time for something to eat.
Pat glad you got the bows done.....and getting rid of 'stuff'....yep, better take advantage of Jim's help while he is home....hope the starter does its thing....
I am off to get a shower and fold some dish towels....enough left over's for supper tonight too.
Trying to decide where to meet my cousin/her hubby Wed for lunch....offered to feed them here, so maybe they will want to do that......
Have a great day,
Later...
Phyllis Offline
#1813 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:29:18 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good morning all. Couldn't get on the MB yesterday, they must have been doing some maintenance or something. It's raining here and the temps are plunging later today.

Pat you are certainly making progress on your purging. Good luck on the SU ornaments, they certainly are beautiful. Do you have the SU ornament stamps? I don't have those or I would try them too. Are the dies the thin metal dies? I'm sure they will work fine in the CB.

Jess, bet you're glad to see your DH. What happened to your KA mixers that you are on your second one? Just curious to know what may go wrong. I figured out why I didn't get $50 Kohls cash, it is figured before tax, I was just shy of the $250. I'm going there today and spend a couple more dollars and they will add it on and give me another $10.

Deb, hope you get to meet up with your cousin, I'm sure she would rather eat some of your good cooking. I started another starter from the original one you gave me and so far it is doing its thing, bubbling,smelling sour,etc, although today, the third day, it has stopped the bubbling but my first one did not bubble and still worked (the only successful one I've had).

Gramma, how is cold NY, I'm sure it's getting colder up there too. No problem on the picture, I think everyone has a lot on their plate with the upcoming holidays. You will like your Big Shot.

Well I need to get started on my day.

Hello to everyone else.
RGK Offline
#1814 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 2:21:56 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello from rain-snow-sunshine cold Indy. It did all three today, sunny right now and cold.
I read all posts of the last couple of days. You sure have all been busy working on one thing or another.
My long weekend is almost over. Went to Nashville with my friend Saturday. The Nashville in Indiana, not in TN. Not sure if I made myself clear before. The weather was perfect, almost 70*, not breezy. They had the "chocolate walk" going on. I'd heard of it before. It's sponsored by the Brown County Humane Society you buy a ticket and go to 30 participating stores and get a piece of their chocolate. People were everywhere, but it was still a fun day. Did my shopping yesterday and let dh enjoy his weekend of watching war movies, many of them for the umpteenth time. He does not go shopping anyway. We will have dinner at Applebees in a short while, that's where he wants to get his 'appreciation' dinner. I hope all the veterans in your families will do the same, and that they feel 'special'. Thank you to all for their service, past or present.
I worked on my CFS cards yesterday too, most of them are done. The plan is to get them all done so that I can think about making the personal Christmas cards.
Did you see on the news about the explosion we had here on Saturday? It happened on the Southside, terrible for all involved. A young married couple was killed. So sad.
Better get ready to go soon - they get very busy at Applebees on this day. I hope everyone has a great rest of the day. Renate

Dbson Offline
#1815 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 5:11:50 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Renate glad you had a good trip.....thought you went to TN.......hope your meal is a good one.....I saw about the blast, very sad,...

Phyllis hope the bread does better this time. I baked the KA kind this afternoon and cut off a slice as soon as it came out of the pan....slathered with butter.....yum.....

Hubby is in the bed, sure hope he isn't getting sick, took his temp and it was OK, the trip to have his mother's CT scan was abt 3 hours so I know he is worn out, plus the rain and cold isn't helping. He hates cold weather......

Tomorrow is a full day of errands......night.......
imnchghere Offline
#1816 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 7:39:25 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening... very productive day for me. So thankful to Jim who was able to move a lot of heavy stuff, cleaned up the hostas and all the leaves in the front and side yard. He also moved the ficus on the deck into the shed. I am this close to just hauling them to the landfill.
Everything for p/u on Wed is in the front of the garage and will just need to be pulled into the driveway that morning.
We have rain moving in tonight late and most of tomorrow. It is better than snow. Then we will go back to the upper 40's for the rest of the week and weekend.
Renate, we thought about going to Applebee's for the appreciation meal, but we have eaten out too much this past week. So we had soup and salad. It was good and filling. We were both so tire from the last couple days work, it was ok to stay home.
Deb, I think my starter is going to be ok. A little slow to bubble up, but it was cool in the kitchen today with the sliding door open.
Phyllis, I did buy the SU stamps and framelits. They were part of the class fee. I don't have a lot of ink pads so my SU friend loaned me hers until Saturday. I figured out the combo of CB plates to use and so will be cutting when I finish the stamping part.

I need to do some tidying up in here and then I am going to call it an early night. Back to purging the scrapping stuff in the family room tomorrow. Think I might make beef stew for Jim tomorrow in the crock pot. don't hold me to it though.
#1817 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:29:43 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Tuesday! Hope the day treats everyone well!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#1818 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:34:48 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon.. sluggish day here, but I did get my starter fed (it bubbled up perfectly) and I am going to keep trying to gather more stuff for donation p/u tomorrow. Not doing real well, but I decided to pay bills and one thing led to another. I was a bit concerned about the starter as it had been sitting in the fridge for a while, but it has not let me down. I think we will have sour dough pancakes this weekend.

Working on Christmas tubs today. Hoping to turn 3 into 1. I have to do them upstairs since I can't get them down by myself. First tub is full of linens and things that I really don't need to keep all of. What posses me to have so many multiples when there are people who have none???

Not sure if I mentioned that I figured out the Cuttlebug plate combo to cut the SU framelits. I just need to stamp up the images. Probably won't be doing the 12 I thought I would. It will take me forever. I will do one for myself and one for my Mom, who is always boggled at how talented I am. I like to keep her on the edge. Then I would like to make one for Jim's cousin who is fighting cancer and winning. I have a list and as I make them I will pull a name after the first 3.. I think that is fair.

Hello to everyone.. quiet in the castle, but it is that time of the year.

Dbson Offline
#1819 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:36:36 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, been running most all day...got some shirts and a watch at Kohl's, found some 'sort of green' paper for the pears at HL, got another roll of vinyl, in Target....what a mess there....a couple items were on sale, they rang up wrong, so I went back and took pics, she refunded me the money...while at Arby's I realized she had given me 'too' much money back...went back to Target....no way they can 'add it back', said as long as she did the 'refund' in the register and didn't just give me money 'back', it would not make her short....I tried to be honest....then by the grocery store, home to unload, back to WM and Dollar Tree....whew.....
Hubby had to get his regular dr appt for Thur afternoon due to the holidays, got to get some bread baked tomorrow for that office....
Cooked up some apples I had left over, might fry a few pies in the morning too....cousin and her hubby will be eating with us here tomorrow, so I needed to get a dessert ready...chocolate chip pound cake baking as I type, will fix spaghetti, bread and maybe a salad in the morning for our lunch....
MIL doesn't feel too good today, hubby went out a while ago....I just don't know what is going to happen....he needs to ask a few questions Thursday when he takes her back....she is so tired now, I can't imagine what the treatment will do to her.....
I hope everyone has had a great day, I know Pat got her starter revived.....good for you...
Guess Joanne is still riding the waves and scrapping....
Hello to Phyllis, Karen, Renate, Jess, Gramma and anyone else that might drop by....I need to check the cake...
#1820 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:41:36 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello everyone!

Deb~Hope you found something to use that 30% on. It's a shame for them to go to waste!! How is DH feeling today? I see your Target story. Good for you for trying to so the right thing.

Pat~Great job getting rid of so much stuff. Glad Jim is around to help when you need him. I see you've gotten what you need for the ornaments. Can't wait to see pictures!

Phyllis~My KA mixer had something wrong with the motor. It happened just over a year after I had it (out of warranty). KA told me I could mail it to them ($$) and they'd look at and if they could fix it I'd have to pay for fixing and return postage. I figured with the cost of postage alone and not knowing if they could fix it I'd be better off buying a new one. I was discouraged though because it was just out of warranty. Oh well, they have to draw the line somewhere. I ended up sending it home with my brother and it took him some time but he eventually got it fixed. He always wanted a KA in the kitchen! How's that starter looking?

Renate~Count me among the ones that assumed TN not IN!! Hope you had a good time! Do you not like crowds or just not prepared for so many people? Hope you both enjoyed dinner!

I worked late today and did a few things around the house when I got home. I am wiped out and am seriously thinking about going to bed! Wonder if Brad would mind me not cooking dinner!! I was asked if I'd make the bridal shower invites and I said I didn't think I'd have time. I am feeling way gulity and think I'm probably going to cave.
I think that's all!
Have a nice night!

Jess
RGK Offline
#1821 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:50:28 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good evening castle,
Deb, as always you have much going on with shopping, cooking and baking and worrying about your family's health. Hope the dr will be able to help MIL. I'm sure the Target girl appreciated not coming up short at the end of her day. You did good.
Pat, your endurance with your purging is admirable. Do you think you are getting close to the end, or are you at least past the halfway point? Great having your hubby help you with all the heavy stuff. Glad your starter is bubbling ok. Can't wait to see your SU project. Pulling a name seems fair to me.
Jess, you're probably sound asleep by now, hope you get some rest. I don't blame you for saying no to the bridal shower invites, please don't feel guilty.--Nashville IN was crowded but I didn't mind. Everyone seemed in a good mood, the weather was great.
Well we blew the appreciation dinner last night. It was on Sunday. I think what made us think Monday was that The Golden Corral kept advertising free dinner on Monday. We went to GC but the parking lot was overflowing and people lined up out the door and dh didn't want to deal with that. We stopped at Wendy's on the way home. I felt pretty bad but he said it was ok, he got to watch war movies all weekend.
We had eye appointments after work, then dinner, a little cleaning and now I'm tired. Good rest of the evening to everyone. Renate
#1822 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:39:47 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy MOW! Not trying to wish my life away, but I sure hope the work day goes by fast.

Renate~So sorry that you missed the dinner. What a bummer. I'm glad DH was happy with his war weekend movie.

Was unsuccessful in falling asleep early last night. I was mentally trying to design a bridal shower card.Huh I'm tired and was tempted to go back to sleep for an hour rather than going into work early! Hope it's a productive day for all!

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#1823 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:05:34 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello all.

Renate I did see that explosion in Indy, so sad, it appears someone's furnace exploded. Glad you had a nice time in Nashville, IN, it seems I am the only one who knew it was IN and not TN.

Pat, glad your bread is doing well, also your progress on your purging. I agree on the SU stars, those look pretty complicated.

Deb, good deed on the Target issue. I very seldom go to Target and they are right next to M's. Hope Howard is not getting sick, no time for that. I see you're bribing the Dr's office again with your bread, LOL.

Jess, sorry you didn't get enough sleep last night, I understand all the things going thru your mind. Oh, I hope my KA mixer doesn't mess up, that's a lot of money invested. Glad your brother could fix it. I went to Kohls yesterday and bought the grinder attachment using my Kohls Cash, bought a cook book too.

Guess Joanne is at sea.

Hello to Gramma too.

I had problems logging in on the MB yesterday, I must be trying at the wrong time. I need to get to the grocery today and also get my meds refilled. I'm going to get everything I can for Thanksgiving dinner except for perishables.

Catch ya'll later.
Dbson Offline
#1824 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:33:55 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy MOW to you too Jess......hope your day goes fast, I see a nap in your future I think...I don't think you should feel bad NOT making the cards, but you have to do what your heart tells you to do....
Been up a long, long time....pasta cooking and only the bread needs warming....fried 8 apple pies, a sweet topping made for the cake, bread sliced and ready to go in shortly, salad fixings done....just waiting on the cousins.....
Phyllis hubby is okay today, just tired....sitting for long periods in those hard chairs do a number on his back and legs.....did Cody have diarrhea when he first started on the meds for Cushing's? Prissy has had a couple days of tummy troubles, we aren't sure if it is the meds (on day 12) or some new bones hubby got her the other day....we have taken those away for a couple days to see....she has blood work either Fri or Mon so we will ask.....
Renate sorry about the meal mix up, glad hubby enjoys his movies....mine has about 5 or 6 channels with only movies, he watches them all day long....
Pat hope your dies/stamps give you the perfect card.....can't wait to see them.....
Hello to everyone else, I am off to check last minute things.....already sent MIL a plate so most of it is done, except the bread, I fixed her 2 pieces and popped them in the oven to warm up....be back later today, maybe.....have a great day.....
Phyllis Offline
#1825 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:25:13 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Well, I just lost my postAngry !

Deb, looks like you're all ready for your cousins. Cody didn't get diarrhea with the Cushings meds (that I recall). I would call the vet though if it continues. Poor baby. Glad Howard is not sick, tis the season though. While I was at the grocery store I had to use the restroom (too much coffee) and a lady walked out without washing her hands, I almost called her out on it, of all places. This is a major pet peeve of mine, sorry had to vent a little.
Dbson Offline
#1826 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:00:09 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Thanks for the info on the pooch Phyllis, it may well be the new dog bones....my sister had made some using rye flour, poor Prissy had the trots with them, one reason we thought about it being the bones....she hasn't had it today.....and no bones today....and we had a couple of those type folks at work that never washed their hands.....I looked for the shoes.....then you could see who it was....never ate from their dish if we had a meal....
Cousin/hubby came, ate, we chatted while the guys watched TV.....they left to visit her uncle, if she could find him....sad situation...his wife died, kids 'don't care' much how he lives.....so sad.....
Had enough left over for supper, so 'you are on your own' tonight.....4 loaves of bread rising, sure hope it rises quick so I can sneak in 40 winks.....
Later...

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:15:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#1827 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:56:55 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening friends in the castle.. it has been a rough day. I had to get up early to get the donations out to the driveway and then get the bread going. Ran into issues with the bread. It turned out ok, but not very pretty. Tasted good also, but a little heavy. It will get eaten. I need to feed the leftover starter to make pancakes with. That will be much easier. NO kneading.

I emptied tubs of Christmas stuff to go through, but between dealing with the bread and chatting with Jim's cousin and then youngest dd about the weekend, my day just didn't show much progress. I also made many trips up and down the stairs. Now I am wasted. After dinner I went to two M's and J's trying to find more of the ivory paper I need for the SU ornaments. What a waste of time and gas. Came home and went through my stash of 12x12 and found a few more sheets that will work. Not near what I need. Wishing HL wasn't an hour away. Not even sure they will have what I need anyway. I need to stamp as many of the images as I can, so I can return the ink pads to my friend on Saturday. Not being a stamper I just don't have a lot of inks.

Yesterday middle dgd Sarah sent me a message with her wish list for Christmas. When I asked her if she was giving the same list to everyone, she said no, everyone will get different lists. She is so on top of things. She also told me I might not be able to find one of the items, and to not worry. I did find it on Amazon (a set of 2 dolls), but they were the most pricey item on her list. I guess I can get started on my shopping.

I hope everyone had a good day. I have got to have a better one tomorrow.
Phyllis Offline
#1828 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:56:08 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello again.

Pat, I have bread rising at this minute, it's going very very slow, I'm getting worried. If this one doesn't turn out, I think I'm done with sourdough bread. That's cute about your DGD's Christmas list. These kids know how to work their grandparents don't they. I don't think you would have found the ivory paper at HL either, the ivory is very hard to find if it's what I think you're talking about. Most of it in the stores are too much on the yellow side. I ordered some from that paper place up near Jess and it works great. I also have some from Marco Paper that is great, it's called natural.

Deb, hope you are getting your 40 winks between bread rises. Sad about your cousin's uncle, so many people just forget about their parents when they get old.

I've been working on some cards tonight and watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel, I'm hooked, the one I'm watching now will be on until 2 am I think.
imnchghere Offline
#1829 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:11:43 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Phyllis, I love watching the holiday movies. I've been watching them for about a week or so now. Some I have seen many times.
I think you are correct on the paper. It is actually called vanilla in the SU catalog and it is impossible to find and not be textured. Everything I found today was definitely too yellow. I am going to stamp what I have and that will be all the ornaments I make.
I sure hope your bread rises. I wonder what the problem might be.

I need to see if I have any Thanksgiving cards in my stash to send out. I saw one card you repinned tonight on pinterest. It had a window and birdcage. Really pretty.
I guess I should get to bed. I cam upstairs to download some pictures (had to plug the laptop in) and still haven't done them. Guess they can wait until tomorrow.

Good morning to Jess when you get up BigGrin
#1830 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:38:13 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Oh cursed snooze button, why do I let you tempt me?!! And curse I did when I realized I hit it. Pat, you make me even more tired when I see that you posted not all that long ago. Phyllis too if her movie was still on!

Hope everyone has a delightful day!

Jess