Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<4849505152>»
rm920 Offline
#1471 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:31:01 AM(UTC)
rm920

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Paula, it is good that DS can help you with monster house! Maybe he wishes he was working on Tuesdays. Glad you didn't get too much snow. There will be enough of that later this winter.
Yes I did enjoy my craft session last night. We made a cute little card and she brought lots of their product so I could see it in person. Wish I could afford to order moreSad Loved the pics - I had forgotten we took them.

Pat, hope to see a pic of the ornament when you get it completed. We made one at last months meeting - was wondering if it is the one you are making.

Carrie, you are making progress on the baby book. Is the baby already here or are the parents still waiting? Hope you can get back to your vacations photos soon. Will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your dad's way!

Laurie, Lizzy, and Nancy, hope things are going well for you.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1472 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:46:34 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Rhonda the baby is due in February. Her shower is December 8. She asked me to do pages for her and I thought I would just give her a book. It's good because I am using up scraps and patterned paper that is old. Any news on the other jobs you applied for?

Pat where did you find all this energy? You are like the Eveready bunny. I am going to have to check out the SU ornament. Our Club is doing a giving tree this year and I am responsible for the ornaments.

Paula you are lucky you have a son that will help you out. I have one but he is away at school. The other just gives me greif. I put mayo in my hair back around 6th grade and my mother thought I was joining a hippie cult. She was very upset with me. It was soft but very stringy.

I keep getting distracted by a cooking thing they have on the local channel right now. It is very healthy. If I find her website I'll post it. Laurie might be interested in it.

Well I have office work to do. Some picking up and cleaning. Bank and grocery store run. And at least another layout.

Life is good!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1473 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:53:27 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Here is her website and there are recipes there.
http://www.positivelycooking.com/

Enjoy!

I decided to try the Mexican Lasagna tonight. I can make it gluten free very easily.
Flee57 Offline
#1474 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:15:57 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Carrie, that's a great link. thanks for sharing!

Pat, when should I expect to smell that sourdough bread?

hope everyone has had a great day and you all have a great hump day

Later!
rm920 Offline
#1475 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:24:37 AM(UTC)
rm920

good morning friends...

Pat, looks like there will be some great sour dough bread at your holiday table! Yummy! The ornament you are making is the one we made at out last SU get together. It looked so confusing but when she showed us, it came together very quickly. We did not use the tulle, we used ribbon. Hope your ornaments are coming together quickly!

Carrie, thanks for the great site. Lots of interesting recipes! How was the Mexican Lasagna? As for the jobs, so far nothing concrete. A few possibles.

Laurie, glad you and DH were having so much fun with the marshmallows!

Paula, did you survive monster house?

Last night I went to a vocal concert put on by the area Jr. and High schools chorus groups. They all came to the university and spent the day with quest directors to learn several new songs as a group, then they sang them for us as a concert last night. It was awesome to see all the young talent. Amber is a member of her school's chorus so she was singing as well. I also got to have dinner with her before the concert.

Have to go in to work for a little bit today. Just taking care of tidbits of things that come in. Will do this probably till the end of year, when they close the year and the company. I just go when there is something that needs done.

Tonight is Hornet Basketball! The men play tonight. The ladies played at home last night but I went to the concert instead.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:26:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1476 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:44:26 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning ladies!

Rhonda, it sounds like you had a really nice night. I agree with you, it's interesting to see what the young people can do when they come together like that. It's also nice to see them using their talents and having a good time. It was great that you could have dinner with Amber too.

I don't remember if I told you guys but Rhonda, my nephew is doing a "long term" subbing job right now for middle school choir. Even though band is his first love, he is really happy working with the kids.

Have any of you ever used Craig's List? I listed a coffee table and I have gotten two strange replys. I won't be giving them any info. Both are worded weird and say they will have shippers pick it up....right. The marble table top would cost way too much to ship anywhere. Ugh!

Deb is coming in 45 minutes so I suppose I should get dressed. I have two vinyl projects but I need to get the vinyl first so maybe I will look at my Thanksgiving cart and make some place setting cards.
Lizzy Offline
#1477 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:03:03 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends!

Four and one-half more days! I'm hanging in but it's a bit difficult because once again, my AC has failed and it's been a bit on the HOT side in the classroom. On Tuesday, by 1:00 it was 86* in the classroom. By 4:00, it was 90* and the custodian insisted I had the heat running. (Yeah, if I had the heat turned up to 90*, I think the trailer would have burst into flames on its own!)

I have my lesson plans completed for the rest of the days and only requires a bit of tweaking as I made some mistakes and have to make a few changes. I should get those done tonight! If all things go smoothly, we should be able to get through everything with a minimum amount of stress. If the AC gets fixed, it will be fine. If not...well...it will be a bit tough. I took one fan in today and plan to take in another one tomorrow, just in case!

Our overnight temps are low, but once the day heats up, there's no stopping that tin can from soaking up the heat! Even with the windows open, there's no place for that heat to go. ThumbDown

Rhonda, does SU make clear stamps now? I know they didn't used to, but I wondered if they have changed? I do buy some clear stamps from CTMH and I buy other products from CTMH. I realize I'm late for your party, though. Let me know, though.

Paula, did you post only four pictures? Or were there more? Carrie mentioned one in which we were pampering ourselves? Of course for some of that, I was sleeping. Thanks, though, for posting them! I have a few from when we were getting the pizza, too, but then you weren't there. Bummer!
I guess, we just have to get together again!!

Well, I don't have much else to write about. Nothing new or exciting going on with me...just waiting out these last few days.

Take care everyone.
Lizzy Offline
#1478 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:05:44 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Oops...forgot to say anything about Craig's List. I have never used it, but it creeps me out. I have discouraged my girls from using it at all because there have been just too many reports of sketchy people who are up to no good using it to gain access to people and their homes. Since you asked, I would encourage you to avoid it. Pay for an ad in the local paper.
imnchghere Offline
#1479 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:50:31 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening/morning.. it has been a long rough day. Woke up early thinking I had forgotten to do something with the bread dough last night. Fortunately I hadn't. I then had to get the rest of the p/u items out to the driveway. It was COLD, but I got them out and that HUGE pile is gone.
I ten went to work on the bread, which gave me fits. Finally got the loaves ready to bake. Not very pretty, but they do taste good. Because I couldn't get a momentum going, I didn't get much done in the spare bedroom. I had to make a bank deposit and go to the PO which also threw me off.

I am plugging along on my images for the SU ornaments. I will make as many as I can find/have paper for. Between those and my cards it is going to be a busy few days.

Lizzy, I hope you can get through the last few days of school with minimal issues. I can imagine it was miserable in the HOT classroom. Makes it hard to focus for sure. Will the family be together for Thanksgiving?
Paula, hope you had a good day with Deb. What did you end up working on? I have never used Craig's List, but know people who have. Most have been to give stuff away though, so you just leave it on the curb for p/u and never have to see the person. I wouldn't want people to be checking out my house.
Rhonda, I too thought the ornament looked way too confusing, but when I watched the utube video, it was much easier. I just hated to have to buy the set of stamps and the set of framelits. I was grateful that my SU rep offered to loan me her ink pads for the week when I just couldn't get to a class.
Lizzy, I don't know for sure, but I think SU only sells rubber stamps. You can buy them made to mount on the clear blocks though, which is what I got. I already had clear blocks.
Carrie, that is a great recipe sight. I realized I had everything to make the lasagna, so I took out ground turkey to thaw. I p/u corn tortillas when I was out. Did you end up making it?
well, I am going to head to bed. I was going to do some more stamping, but my arms are killing me from the kneading. I am going to pop a motrin and start again tomorrow.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1480 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:30:25 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning. What a day yesterday!

I came out of the bedroom and Jim had tried to start a fire in his new insert, and the entire house was filled with smoke. He was spouting and sputtering and left for work in exasperation. Well, he failed to put the little fire he had started out. So when I came back out from the shower, there was smoke rolling out from the vent. Outside temperature was in the high 30's but I had no choice. I shut off the heat and opened the windows and turned on the fan. Then I went to my dentist appointment after leaving the dogs in my bedroom where the heat was still on. Then I went to the mall. My sinuses were raw as well as my throat and my chest hurt to breath. I had to return home to wait for the washer repairman who never showed up, so I spent the day in my craft room where the heat was on. LOL

Pat and Rhonda the Mexican Lasagna is really good. Jim and I went to a medical meeting last night at The Athletic Club (a very good and expensive restaurant), and I would have much rather had the Lasagna.

Pat the bread sounds wonderful but not for me. What are you going to do with all the SU ornaments?

Paula have your heard about the Craig's List killer here in Ohio? It was a couple years ago. Need I way more? Hope you had a fun day with Deb.

Lizzy sure hope the last few days go smoothly for you. How hot does the classroom have to get before they remove you from it?

Laurie Jen and I tried your marshmallow trick. It was too funny.

Well I have an appointment this morning. So I need to get moving.

Get out and enjoy the sunshine!
imnchghere Offline
#1481 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:33:12 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. Carrie, what a horrible start to your day. Sometimes smoke is so hard to get out. We switched to a gas fireplace because I am allergic to oak. It took a long time for us to figure out that was why I was always miserable in the winter. I still have the look of a nice fire and the convenience of using a remote. Do you know what the problem was?
I hope you were productive in the craft room. I am going to use the ornaments for little gifts. I have a few family members who will really appreciate them. I stamped a bunch of images last night while watching holiday movies on the Hallmark channel. I will keep stamping images until I run out of the paper.
I am making the lasagna tonight for dinner. Pretty sure it will be enough for a couple meals, so that is good.

Remember the baby album I made last year? Well today he turns 1. He is just starting to walk.

Well, I best get busy here. I am going to work on the tubs in the spare bedroom. Yesterday I couldn't stay focused on them, but today I shouldn't have any interruptions.
Hope everyone has a good day.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1482 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:23:31 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!!

Another busy day. :)

Carrie, so sorry about your smokey house. I hope it's all cleared out. Did you figure out what the problem was?

Well, since the two weird inquries about the table I put up for sale I haven't had any takers. I will probably pull it off. I wasn't going to let anyone come to my house but we would meet them somewhere. Oh well. Carrie, I did not hear about the CL killer...ugh!

Yesterday I made some cuts for napkin ring holders for Thanksgiving dinner. Deb worked on a Thanksgiving banner that she started at the crop. It's really nice.

Where oh where is Nancy this week??? Hope all is well.

Pat, what can I say??? You make me tired!! ;)
I bet having those boxes out feels terrific!!!

I think I am going to run over to my sister's. Her and another friend are making those stick ponies for Christmas presents and I think I will help stuff them.

rm920 Offline
#1483 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 6:28:21 AM(UTC)
rm920

good morning all...

Carrie, what a mess to start the day with! Were you able to get all the smoke out? I can sure understand about you needing to get out of the house. All of that smoke is not good on the lungs. Did the repairman ever show up?

Pat, hard to believe the "baby" is now 1! How did your visit with the tubs in the spare room go?

Lizzy, you are almost finished! Hope all is still going well.

Paula, how did the stick pony stuffing go yesterday? They sound cute.

No news on the job situation here. We did meet again, but they still want to look more into insurance plans as I said that was a very important point for me. It seems we are very close on salary, so still keeping my fingers crossed and still submitting applications and doing job searches.

Then early this morning it was announced that the local Hostess bakery will be closing. They have been striking out there this week, but still sad that another local business will be closing.

Guess that is all my news for now. I am heading in to my old job to do a few small tasks. Then on to get a few groceries. Looks like the weather will be beautiful here next week for Thanksgiving.

Have a good day.
imnchghere Offline
#1484 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 7:28:02 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. off to a good start, but lots to do today. I think I am going to probably need a list, since it is lot of odds and ends that I just want to get out of the way.
Rhonda, I sure hope the potential company can come up with some kind of healthcare plan that works. I think that is going to be a problem for lots of people looking for jobs. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Carrie, I made the Mexican Lasagna yesterday and it was delicious. Unfortunately it made waaaaaaaaaay too much for the 2 of us, so next time I will be cutting the recipe. We don't mind leftovers, but this was ridiculous.

Rhonda, for the most part the tubs in the spare bedroom were conquered yesterday. I have too much holiday stuff. I need to spend some more time in there today, but I also need to get the spill over in the hallway cleaned up. Tomorrow we are going to be gone all day. Decided to go to Hershey with Kristen and her kids for the day.. It is supposed to be nice and it will be good to walk away from all this disorder for a day. Anyway, I was able to cut it down from 3 tubs to 1 1/2.
And I have a good start to filling a donation box to haul off to SA or GW. This has ended up being a much slower job than I had an planned for. But it is nice to be creating a less cluttered space. Sunday will be devoted to the family room, where I need to deal with the CFS.

So what is everyone else going to be up to this weekend?

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1485 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:04:18 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!!

Been up and out this morning to take Abby to the vet to get her nails trimmed. It is always such a hassle trying to do it myself and she hasn't been to the groomer in awhile because she hates it so much and she has been limping and I don't want to take her when she is hurting. Wow, that was a long sentence, guess it could have been two or three...Blushing

Rhonda, that is a bummer about bakery closing! That also means more people looking for jobs.
ugh! The stick ponies turned out cute. I should have taken pics, well I took them with my sister's camera and my friend's phone but not for myself.
I understand about the insurance issue, it is huge. I see it from both sides. I feel like we have crummy insurance (no dental or vision) but I also see DH trying to purchase policies for the employees and it is so insane how expensive it is for the companies. ugh again! Glare

Pat, enjoy your time away. It sounds like a good idea! I remember when we were on a trip and went by Hershey. We didn't go see anything but we could smell the chocolate. Flapper

I am going to Costco this afternoon. Yippee!!! (can you tell I really like it??) I am out of some items I like from there and my friend needs to go so we are taking a road trip!

I still haven't ordered the vinyl. J's has Cricut accesories 20% off now and next sale flyer says 25% off so I won't be able to use a coupon. I need to pick an on-line place and just order it.
Hey! If anyone has their eye on carts, this place has quite a few for $20. For me shipping was 5 something for one and like $6.50 for two:
CuttingBugs.com
imnchghere Offline
#1486 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 11:12:56 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon..
I was just reading that Hostess is (I guess)filing Chapter 11, so the closing of local stores is probably one of the 1st steps. I have never been a Hostess product fan, so I wouldn't miss them. My Bil in VA used to work for Tasty Cake and he called Hostess prdcts "chemical cakes" and told us they caused brain damage. I am sure TC was not a lot better, but we got them free. One of my nephew's friends posted on FB today that twinkies have a shelf life of "infinity plus 5 yrs", so people could stock up if they wanted.

Paula, I need to make a run to Costco, but I think I am going on Monday. By then I may even talk myself out of it. I just need/want a few things, but when I add on the time and gas, it isn't always worth it to have a lifetime supply of something. As for Hershey, we have been there so many times now it is getting boring. I am not even sure why I said we would join everyone. It is pretty though being all decorated for the holidays and admission is 12.95 and there are never any lines for the rides. Roller coasters aren't working though, which disappoints the grands who can ride them now.

I have been moving stuff, going up and down the stairs all morning. Had to stop and take a break, so I paid a bill. Time to get back to filling the donation box.

rm920 Offline
#1487 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:11:08 AM(UTC)
rm920

good morning all...

Pat, enjoy the day with the family. Is the Hershey park like a theme park? I had not heard of it until you mentioned it earlier. Having this break will recharge you. Enjoy the day.

Paula, I understand about Abby's nails. I always had to have Bart's trimmed. He did not like me doing it. Did you make it to Costco? Any big buys? I have only been to a Costco once. The closest one to me is in Kansas City.

What is everyone up to this weekend. Nothing exciting here.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1488 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:29:36 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning, good morning!

DH headed out at 7:30 this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep. :( He is driving the church trailor to someone about an hour and a half away. It is a pastor from our church that is now starting up a church in Indy so at least he is meeting him part way. They had their equiment stored in a trailor and someone stole it. urggg... They will use ours for now.

So...yes Rhonda, we made it to Costco. It was a slow start though. ;) When we got off the highway we saw a Hobby Lobby. I had some ATG tape that was wound backwards so I couldn't use it so we decided to pop in to return it. hahaha... hours later we made our way to the check out. OK, once again I am exagerating but we it was a big store and we were there quite awhile. I got the white vinyl I need and a couple of glass Christmas decorations. My friend got a whole bunch of Christmas stuff. It was all 50% off and she is still replacing things from the fire. (she was trying not to buy some things so she wouldn't have to move them again) It will be their first Christmas in the new house.
Needless to say, we packed the van to the roof. We had three carts and a flat wheeled thing going out of Costco, two employees helped us. hahaha. Usually when we have big items we check out with those first and put them in the car and then shop for the rest. We weren't that organized last night. So this morning I am going to go down to the "pantry" and reorganize it and put this pile of stuff away. I did get a ladder for DH for his birthday. Hope he actually wants it but the last project he did at the cottage he was on a ladder that was his grampa's and it is missing a rung!! I got it because I don't think he would. He actually wants a exercise bike so....oh well.

Pat, I didn't know there were rides and things. We were on a youth trip and were passing through. We camped somewhere there. Hope you have good weather and enjoy your day!

I am going to see the Little Mermaid show tonight. It's a local group that does musicals for kids. I think there are over 85 kids in the show, yikes!! Deb's daughter is in it and DS's friend is the assistant director.

Oh Rhonda, you asked about my purchases. I got a set of 5 Iris boxes for $17, a new bed for Abby, a rug for the new entryway at the cottage, some fake candles, a couple shirts for DH, a book light for reading in the car and lots of snacks and food. Thanksgiving dinner is here and my sister, nephew and dad will be here so I stocked up.

I think DH wants to work in the yard when he gets back. Guess I should get moving.
imnchghere Offline
#1489 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:46:52 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning Rhonda.. Not leaving here for a while yet, so I am just putzing around the house. Hershey is the town, with a theme park and huge resort. The factory is part of the theme park. You can take a factory tour ride which is kind of fun. There is a store with everything Hershey brand imaginable. During this time of the year, none of the roller coaster or water rides are operating. We only go if the weather is decent, which today it will be 50-ish. One of the things they do is a light show on the canal to music (usually Manheim Steamroller) after dark.

Last night I worked on the SU ornament parts. I stamped as many as I could, and die cut 2 sets. I started assembling one, but ran out of steam when I got to the tulle part.
This morning, I wanted to make sure the cameras were charged. I want to take my new smaller one, but hate to leave the dslr behind, as I know I can count on it. That case is so bulky to carry. I am still pondering.

I am getting down to the wire on having all this purging/cleaning done. Losing today won't help, but I do have 2 weeks before family will be here for anything. I can do it, as long as there are no unexpected interruptions, which do seem to keep happening.

Checked out some things on my pinterest boards this morning, to refresh my memory of all the things I thought I might do. I can see some NOT happening. Tomorrow, I am going to try to finish up the family room. I have an empty tub I can put some scrapping stuff into and I will deal with it it later. I just didn't want to do that.

Paula I see you just slipped in while I was typing. Sounds like you had a big shopping day. I wish our HL's were closer. There are 4 and they are all an hour away. I usually only go if I can combine the trip with something else.

Well, I am going to check the camera that is charging and then pack my tote bag up. I am trying to decide which jacket to take. Once the sun goes down, it will get chilly.

Have a good one everyone..
rm920 Offline
#1490 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:20:39 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning....

Paula, how was Little Mermaid? I think it is so fun to watch the youngster perform - either acting or music related. Did you and DH get your yard work done?

Pat, how was Hershey? I know the grands enjoyed the day, especially with grandma and grandpa! I know you will probably want to get back to your purging/cleaning. Hopefully that will be done soon so you can relax and get back to more fun things....like research and crafting!

Lizzy, are you officially on vacation? Will both girls be home for the holidays?

Laurie, Nancy, Carrie....what are you ladies up to?

Yesterday was spent entirely working with all of my grandmother's old photos. I finally am getting them all scanned in and identified, sorted etc. I never tackled this as it is very time consuming but I figure I have the time now and I am really enjoying it. So that is what I will be working on again today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Flee57 Offline
#1491 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:27:12 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning Friends! Happy Sunday to you all!

Pat, it's nice to take a day off from all your work to go enjoy the day with your Grands. I have always wanted to go to Hershey. How far is that from you? Maybe this spring when I visit my Niece in Silver Springs I can talk her into going with me. Will you be sharing pics on FB? Oh and what SU ornament are you making? Is there a link to it somewhere?

Rhonda, continued good luck on the job search. Insurance sucks! We need it and they make it so hard to get. I bet you had fun with all the old photos yesterday!

Lizzy, you probably think I'm off my rocker. When I left you a vm yesterday I was talking like it was Friday saying you are probably still at school LOL

Paula, I would have loved to see Little Mermaid. That was the first Disney annimation that my Niece got me hooked on.

Carrie, sorry about the smokey house. The marshmallow challenge was funny, wasn't it? D did a cracker challenge. 6 crackers in 1 minutes (swallowing all of it). Took him 2.5. I laughed watching his facial expressions LOL

Nancy, how was your week? You've been pretty busy

Hope you all had a great Saturday. I taught my Christmas card class. I had everything made into kits for them but I messed up on a couple of them so we are doing part 2 on Dec 1st along with brown paper bag paper ornaments. One of the ladies brought her GD and she was such a cutie. she loved playing with my stamps. she made 5 cards that were very creative and she was very proud of them. The ladies all went home with 10 cards.

I have been feeling so much better this past week. My energy is back! I have been eating very healthy, taking my meds and back to exercising. I am really watching what I eat because counting those carbs and having to take a unit of insulin for every 12 grams, really makes me think about not only what I'm putting in my mouth, but also how many times a day!

Well, it's going to be a nice day here today. What's it like in your neck of the woods?

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#1492 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:00:14 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning Rhonda and everyone else. Super wiped out from yesterday. So much walking and it is lot of up and down small inclines and uneven pavement. The kids seemed to be enjoying the rides. We got there later than we had planned and that cut into or time. I did get some nice group pictures. It was chillier than I thought it was going to be. Or at least it felt colder.
We dropped off the box of tea cups/saucers on the way. Glad to have that box out of the dining room.

Rhonda I am envious of you working with your grandmother's pictures. I had thought I might be able to get a trip to CA in this year, but trying to get a trip fit in between family activities is hard. And it gets harder as the kids get older. Anyway.. I am anxious to get to the pictures my Mom has, but I am not comfortable putting them in any kind of mail system, until I can scan them and look at them with her. Hoping she may be able to shed some light on some of them.
Laurie, The ornament is featured on the cover of the SU holiday catalog. I don't have a link handy but it wouldn't be hard to find.
Hershey is just under 2 hrs from me. We go this time of the year, because it is waaaay cheaper and generally not too cold yet. I might put a few pics on FB, but I didn't take many.

Well, I promised Jim I would get the family room cleared out today and hopefully I can do that. Then he can help me move things. Hope to work on the ornaments this evening. I have a few that will have to go in the mail. Also need to get my cards signed and envelopes addressed, so I can get those in the mail.

I guess I better get off the computer if I am going to do all this.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1493 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:22:32 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Pat, it looks like your trip to Hershey was nice. Glad the kids had fun!

Laurie, it's great that you are feeling better. :)
I like your cards a lot. I guess I like the non-traditional colors you used.

Little Mermaid was great!! Over 85 kids if you can imagine!! The sets and costumes were great!! All the little sea creatures were different and sparkley. For the jellyfish they used umbrellas decorated up with boas and shiny garland hanging down, cute! Deb's DD did well. I was very impressed with the acting abilities.

Rhonda, how did you do with your pics?

Nancy, hope you are doing alright. Probably extra busy with the short week and your probably have a special Thanksgiving activity.

Monday house today. Then I think groceries.
imnchghere Offline
#1494 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:26:43 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Monday morning.. very quiet this weekend. I wish I could say I got the family room done, but that didn't happen. I guess that will be my project for the day.
The HVAC people will be here between 9 and 10 to do a 1 yr warranty check on the furnace. Hoping it is closer to 9 and he is out of here quickly. No reason he shouldn't be. I am going to work on the cfs boxes while he is here. Then it is back to the family room. Jim said I have run out of extra space in the shed, so I either have to find places inside or get rid of things. I am leaning towards the latter.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1495 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:30:14 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning.

Things have gotten a bit crazy here. Because of the smoke issue I have stayed out of the house as much as possible. Chris was able to spray some of his restoration stuff and it helped a lot but I can still smell it.

Pat I am allergic to something in the fire so this is why Jim put an insert in the fireplace. It is supposed to contain the fire and all the smoke is supposed go up the chimney and not in the house. I can't believe you don't have a trip to CA planned yet. I can even hear those photos calling your name. How many ornaments are you making?

Rhonda the insurance has gotten out of hand. I hope you find a job that works for you soon. Perfect timing for the photo project. Sorry about Hostess. I was thinking it was in Texas. All is not lost yet though, a mexican billionaire is looking into saving the company. Maybe he could improve the twinkie while he's at it.

Laurie, good job on the carbs. Did you post the card you are doing for your class? Would love to see it!

Well, I have Zumba this morning, then Jon is coming to get me so we can go shopping for Chris' birthday on Friday. I have another layout to finish gluing and office stuff to do. At least I got the accounts balanced this weekend from October. It only took me 2 weeks this time. Ugh! I also need to get this house cleaned up and shopping for Thursday dinner.

Have a good day. I think I need to get started on my jumbo list there.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1496 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:37:04 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

A healthy twinkie Carrie?? hahaha That's like having a diet mountain dew!! ;)
rm920 Offline
#1497 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 7:36:58 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Carrie, hope the smoke and its effects clear out of the house soon. UGH - I cannot imagine spending 2 weeks getting something to balance. Glad you got it balanced and are on to shopping for birthday gifts! That sounds much more fun.

Paula, have fun with Monday house! I had to laugh at the "healthy" Twinkie comment. Then I stopped and realized I cannot remember the last time I ate a Twinkie! Guess I won't miss them too muchBigGrin

Pat, hope the HVAC man is early and gets done quickly.

Laurie, I thought of you last night. While going through the photos and working on research on a branch of my family I realized that a lot of them lived and died in Rising Sun! May have to take a research trip there!

Nancy, hope all is well with you and you are just busy with the children and holiday plans.

Lizzie - are you on vacation?

I am still spending my time doing research and working with the photos. I seem to find a new tidbit every time I go through these photos. I still need to scan some in - I keep getting sidetracked into the family research!

I did get some good news yesterday. DD's ex is going to let Amber come to out Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. Will be so happy to have both Cody and Amber here is year. Still not sure how many will be here but the number keeps growing!

Have a great start to the week!
imnchghere Offline
#1498 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 10:18:13 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. Had a pretty good day today, but it could have been better. I got the boxes of cfs ready to ship tomorrow and that is another pile of stuff out of the house. I have a small box of spring holiday themed cards people have sent me that I need to hang on to and try to remember I have. I wish people wouldn't send them months before we can send them to the troops.

Rhonda, awesome news about Amber spending Saturday with you. We will have a small group this year. Three of the grands are with their Dad. I am not sure what will happen for Christmas. The past couple years we have had our Christmas closer to NYE which is Jim's birthday. I just go with the flow any more.
Great news also on all the research tidbits and finds. Allen County Public Library in Fort Wayne is excellent for IN research. They have one off the largest genealogy collections in the country.

Well, I didn't get much done this evening. I was going to work on the ornaments, but my glue gun needed cleaning up. So then I was going to work on my cards, but just couldn't get into them. So I think I am going to go to bed and start again in the morning.

imnchghere Offline
#1499 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:25:28 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good morning.. off to a better start this morning, but the day s going to have some issues I am sure. My next door neighbor is being moved today. Our driveway is supposed to be sealed today. I will need to move my car for the driveway crew and then I will have to park on the cul-de-sac for the remainder of the day. Neighbor has her car in front of my house and the moving trucks are taking up all other available space. Going to be a long day I think. I am going to miss my neighbor, but she has become annoying the past couple years. But she always watched out for pkgs on my porch when we would be gone and kept an eye on the house. New neighbors are a young couple (I think) with a toddler and one on the way.

Plan today is to make a run to the PO and the grocery and then continue working on the family room. I just need fresh veggies to roast for Thursday, so hopefully it will be a quick trip.

Guess I better get back to work and hopefully accomplish something. Wishing now, I had put my car in front of my house early this morning, so I had that space.

What is everyone else up to today??
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1500 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:43:12 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!!

:)

Busy day again!
After the Tue. house I went grocery shopping.

Everyone must be busy today as quiet as it is around here.

Tomorrow is Thur. house and then I will clean here. My sister, nephew and dad will arrive around dinner time.

Rhonda, how are those pics going. It sounds like you are enjoying going through them.

Lizzy, half day left??? woohoo!!

Pat, did the driveway job get done?