Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Hugabug Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:11:23 PM(UTC)
Hugabug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 542 time(s) in 238 post(s)
I know...I know...this has been asked 1,000,000 times. (and answerd just as many)But of course, I wasn't paying attention because I never had the desire to post my pictures.Blushing Well, a crafter has the right to change her mind...don't I?RollEyes Can someone with a kind heart and a lot of patience help me out? I tried to search the board using key words, but apparently the mb doesn't remember either!
TIA!!!!!!
KimB Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:17:48 PM(UTC)
KimB

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
This was the best reply that helped me, it works.

Quote:
Sherri Kay... You just need to start your post, put a check in the box that says "Attach files to this post" which is down on the left side, click the "Post" button. You will be taken to a page where you can "browse for your photo", click "Upload", click "Back" button and then "Post". Very easy. Make sure you resize your photo to small or smaller so the photo shows up not as an attachment. I think I've remembered everything! It's easier once you start posting your pics more often.

~I just saw the Q: "resizing" let me get back to you.

Quote:
LinAnn...if your file is too large, the pic will not show. You'll just see the file instead. I find under 200 Kbytes, or between 100 and 200 Kbytes shows just the right size. You can use any photo editing program to do it.

The largest photo I have posted was 258 KB, I use Photoshop Elems 10, I resized to the smallest size shown a 1. The posted photo looks okay to me.

Hope this helps, KimB

Just posting the photo

Edited by user Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:40:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ~ photo size

KimB attached the following image(s):
CIMG5481 copy.jpg
 2 users thanked KimB for this useful post.
Hugabug on 11/15/2012(UTC), LibertyLyn on 11/15/2012(UTC)
Kut-n-Print Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:25:25 PM(UTC)
Kut-n-Print

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 436 post(s)
If you resize so that the longer side is no longer than 640 pixels that will work. That corresponds to the "medium" size export from iPhoto on my Mac and it is big enough to show detail but not so big as to overwhelm the screen or cause the MB to make your pic a download link (which seems to happen somewhere around the 1MB mark)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:36:49 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 400 time(s) in 335 post(s)
Keep it under 1K and it'll show up in your post; larger than 1K will appear as a clickable link.
CricketCMV Online
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:57:52 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)
The way I resize my photo in my computer (before I get ready to post on here) is to go to the picture in my computer and right click on the picture (or left click...whichever brings up the menus) and click on OPEN WITH PAINT. Of course, if you don't have PAINT on your computer (it will give you the option if you do) it won't work for you.

Then, in the RESIZE option, I click on RESIZE and write 60% in the horizontal/vertical (when you type a number in one, the other automatically resizes). SAVE AS (if you want to keep the original the way it is). I usually RENAME the new one the same except I add a 1 or a 2 after it, so I'll know which one to pick when I get ready to BROWSE and pull the picture in from my computer. Using the same names just keeps the two photos together so you don't have to go all over hunting for one or the other.

Now, when you open the MB to make your POST, go ahead and put a checkmark in ATTACH FILES TO THIS POST and proceed as the OP stated.

HTH.

Char
Sherri Kay Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:14:39 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2381 time(s) in 2134 post(s)
KimB, I'm so glad my instructions were clear enough to help somebody! BigGrin
Hugabug Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 10:43:11 AM(UTC)
Hugabug

Was thanked: 542 time(s) in 238 post(s)
Thanks so much everyone for your advice. When I get time today I'm going to play with it. So if you see any really strange things pop up ignore them!Blushing
Sandy Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:51:54 PM(UTC)
Sandy

United States

Was thanked: 5841 time(s) in 2436 post(s)
Here is a picture of a Christmas Stocking I just made. OMG!! It worked! I have been wondering and wondering how ya'll were doing this!

S0....how do you change it to 1K?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:03:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
001.JPG (1,418kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
Sandy Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:59:45 PM(UTC)
Sandy

United States

Here is a picture of my GD to whom the stocking belongs:

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:18:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sandy attached the following image(s):
MIA cHRISTMAS.jpg
Freda C. Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:45:17 AM(UTC)
Freda C.

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 186 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sandy Go to Quoted Post
Here is a picture of a Christmas Stocking I just made. OMG!! It worked! I have been wondering and wondering how ya'll were doing this!

S0....how do you change it to 1K?

Sandy,

When I opened your picture in Photoshop it showed up as about 18 x 28 inches...if you have the ability to crop the photo down to a smaller size your files will be small enough to post and have them show up in your post instead of download links....

I'm attaching 2 copies of your picture that I cropped....both are cropped to 4 x 6, one is 150dpi the other is 300dpi...changing the size of your photo's or the dots per inch (dpi) will make your photo size smaller...

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:48:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Freda C. attached the following image(s):
001_4x6_150.jpg
001_4x6_300.jpg
Sandy Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:06:53 AM(UTC)
Sandy

United States

Originally Posted by: Freda C. Go to Quoted Post
Sandy,

When I opened your picture in Photoshop it showed up as about 18 x 28 inches...if you have the ability to crop the photo down to a smaller size your files will be small enough to post and have them show up in your post instead of download links....

I'm attaching 2 copies of your picture that I cropped....both are cropped to 4 x 6, one is 150dpi the other is 300dpi...changing the size of your photo's or the dots per inch (dpi) will make your photo size smaller...

Yes, I was just learning to attach photos this way. Didn't know you could do it! I always used the icon of the mountain at the top of the reply page but in doing this, I had to go through Photobucket.com. In my second photo of my GD, I learned how to resize (even though it did come out a little skewed) ....didn't even know I had "Paint" on my computer! The directions above were so very helpful...I just can't figure out how to "save" it though.
CricketCMV Online
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:15:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8026 time(s) in 4687 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sandy Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I was just learning to attach photos this way. Didn't know you could do it! I always used the icon of the mountain at the top of the reply page but in doing this, I had to go through Photobucket.com. In my second photo of my GD, I learned how to resize (even though it did come out a little skewed) ....didn't even know I had "Paint" on my computer! The directions above were so very helpful...I just can't figure out how to "save" it though.

When you EXIT out of PAINT you should get a popup to ask if you want to SAVE or SAVE AS. If you don't mind the original you worked with being deleted, you can merely say SAVE. That will save your newly resized picture to the original picture; your original sizing will no longer be there.

If you want to KEEP the original "as is", merely do a "SAVE AS". I usually rename it with the exact same name and add something behind that original name; e.g., a 1, or a 2, or RESIZED. This way, both pictures will stay together in your picture file.

Before going out of PAINT, you can also go up to FILE and in those menus, do a SAVE or SAVE AS.

HTH.

Char