Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ibtyping8ca67723 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 12:24:06 PM(UTC)
ibtyping8ca67723

Groups: Registered

I downloaded the CCR but when I click on it to open, it just sits there on end, nothing happens,I have even uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, etc. Still nothing. I even turned off Norton antivirus to see if that was the problem but nope, stil just sitting there like it is trying to open but yet nothing. I hope I did not make a digital purchase for nothing, I bought a digi download to play with CCR but cannot get in. Any advice? Thanks
wolcotts5db6124bc Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 4:26:49 PM(UTC)
wolcotts5db6124bc

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am having the same issue! I did everything you did as well. I've used it numerous times and really like it. Perhaps the site is down for maintenance? I really wanted to use the Thanksgiving "freebies" to make cards and finally have a free night to do it!
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 4:33:54 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8003 time(s) in 4678 post(s)
When you reinstalled (before you reinstalled), did you uninstall ADOBE AIR, also? If not, why don't you uninstall CCR, ADOBE AIR.....and turn your computer off and back on again. After it reboots, go ahead an reinstall everything making sure ADOBE AIR installs right after CCR. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for ADOBE AIR to come up on your screen, so be sure to wait for it.

I imagine you did all of this; just checking. If you did do all of this, try deleting your browsing history (when you bring up your internet, click on TOOLS at the top and you'll see the tab). Check everything there to delete everything. UNPLUG YOUR CRICUT from your computer. Now, REBOOT your computer. You can go ahead an plug your CRICUT back in before it reboots, or after.

Now see if you can get into CCR. (You don't have to hook up your machine until after you try this if you don't want to.....you can wait until after you see if you can even get into CCR).

Char
wolcotts5db6124bc Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 5:45:53 PM(UTC)
wolcotts5db6124bc

I found this answer on another forum, followed the steps and I'm back in! I would recommend printing out the steps so you can get each one exact with your Norton anti-virus program. I'm not sure how to link back to another thread but so appreciate the lovely woman who shared the following:

I just got off the phone with PC after trying everything listed in this forum (thank you so much to everyone who posted!) I have Windows 7 and Norton Security as well, not 360. My problem is the desktop version of Cricut Craft Room is stuck initializing forever. It seems the fix is similar to what is listed in prior posts, just need to add a few steps. Here is what I was told to do by PC support:

--Go to Norton/Settings/Antivirus/Scans and Risks.
--Scroll down to EXCLUDE FROM SCANS and click configure. You will need to do the same thing under EXCLUDE FROM AUTO PROTECT, SONAR, DOWNLOAD INTELLIGENCE DETECTION.
--ADD these programs found already on the list as you scroll:

C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Cricut-Craft Room.lnk
C:\Users\Public\Desktop\CricutSync.lnk

--ADD these as well. To find them you need to click the triangle to show subfolders on your C: drive and follow the path to include the folder, the bridge files within the folder, and then the actual program file within the folder.

c:\Program Files (x86)\CricutSync
c:\Program Files (x86)\CricutSync\CCRBridge.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\CricutSync\CricutSync.exe

c:\Program Files (x86)\Cricut-Craft Room
c:\Program Files (x86)\Cricut-Craft Room\CCRBridge.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Cricut-Craft Room\Cricut-Craft Room.exe

--Make sure you APPLY your changes and then close out of this.

--Next, go to Norton/Settings/Firewall/Program Rules.
--Change the tab from AUTO to ALLOW on the following:
CCRBridge file (will be there twice if you also have CricutSync)
Cricut-Craft Room.exe
CricutSync.exe

--Make sure you APPLY your changes and then close out of this.

This took about 15 minutes and I am up and running after hours of fighting with this last night. Thanks for PC customer service for walking me through this.

During this process my cricut firmware was prompted to update, so I had to do all of that before I could cut. But if you follow the prompts it is pretty straight forward.

Hope this saves someone some trouble!
 1 user thanked wolcotts5db6124bc for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/16/2012(UTC)
Car53 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:08:26 AM(UTC)
Car53

You could try this link

http://www.cricut.com/fo...OU-USE-NORTONS-360.aspx

It worked for me and I use Norton Internet Security.