Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<7891011>»
scrappinchic Offline
#241 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:24:20 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Hello Kathy! Happy to see you stop by! I miss seeing you on here! Hugs and prayers with your and DH!

Thanks for the comments on my DD's furniture! I had fun making it for her. She loves it! I might try some more food today!
grandmaJ Offline
#242 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:10:32 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 759 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Good Morning!! Glad to have Monday behind us and the weekend getting closer! I love weekends!! Actually I get a 3 day one again this week as we take Bitsy back to Champaigne to get her eye checked on Friday. THAT drive is getting old!

Hey there Kathy! Good to see you stop by! Hope all is going well, my prayers continue for you and your dh both. I think about you so often...have a safe trip home!

Jess, you are sure getting up and posting early these days! Can't wait to see the food you make today!

Traci, hope the closing goes smoothly! How exciting!! do we get to see pics of the new place? Hope dd and dh have a safe trip, and just remember, when they are gone we will be here to help occupy your mind!! Tell dd we all send our best birthday wishes!

Rebecca, yes, it does suck, but it gets better! And...they make drugs for that depression!! I never had you guessed at being old enough for menopause!

Plan to start putting Evelyn's project together today...hope it turns out like I have pictured...the coloring is done, and so far so good on the rest! Need to go back and read our op this round and see that I am not forgetting anything, finish my shopping and I will be ready to mail. would be great to have it out of here by Thanksgiving, but that might be pushing it for me! Have to wait to finish the shopping till I get my paycheck. I do have a great start on it though!!

Bitsy is waking up so I got to go take her out and feed her and then get ready for work. Have a great day everyone!!
scrappinchic Offline
#243 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:13:14 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

GrandmaJ I get up at 5am with the hubs everyone morning. I see him off to work and then about 30 minutes to myself before getting the kids up at 6. I will share any foods I get made todayWink !
grandmaJ Offline
#244 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:34:08 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning! Sure is quiet on here....everyone must be out trying to catch their turkey to fatten him up before dinner next week!! LOL!

jess, I am up at 5:10 everyday, but I guess with the time change it makes it seem like you are up earlier. I like my 'me' time in the mornings too. Dh dosn't get up until about half an hour before my first kid gets here, so some days I have an hour and a half or better to myself! It throws my whole morning off if he is up before I have had my quiet time!! LOL!

I never got Evelyns project finished yesterday, but hope to today. 1 yr old leaves at noon so that will help! Be even better if 5 mo old sleeps all afternoon but we all know THAT never happens!

Hope everyone is having a good week. We miss you all on here for the chitchat!!
missstamper Offline
#245 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:04:11 AM(UTC)
missstamper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Hello y'all! I got Joysee's Maggie in the mail so I have all my shopping done for this one. Just struggling to find the time to sit and craft! Maybe today? I am hoping!
EvelynRobinson1 Offline
#246 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:14:09 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson1

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I am finishing up GrandmaJ's package too! I am so excited. It has been so much fun. I love this swap. I love Magnolias too! It truly is awesome each month to see what we get to do for our partner. I can't wait for the next one. I have to pay attention though, as I missed a couple of swaps because I was busy working on some and forgot to check the message board. If I miss a swap, it's not because I wanted to I promise that. So, it's going to be checking the message board much more closely so as to not miss the news (I am nosy too!) and swaps.

Have a great week everyone.
Evelyn
1CoolMom Offline
#247 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:55:55 PM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Gift wrapping and sending to Jess in the morning. I am so glad to be back in the land of fast computer access! I bought a "hot spot" so I would be able to go on the computer while at my crop but it was ssssllllooowww, so it was not worth trying to post. I cannot believe we used to wait that long for websites and pages to load when we had dial up.
 1 user thanked 1CoolMom for this useful post.
scrappinchic on 11/14/2012(UTC)
scrappinchic Offline
#248 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:39:26 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Originally Posted by: 1CoolMom Go to Quoted Post
Gift wrapping and sending to Jess in the morning. I am so glad to be back in the land of fast computer access! I bought a "hot spot" so I would be able to go on the computer while at my crop but it was ssssllllooowww, so it was not worth trying to post. I cannot believe we used to wait that long for websites and pages to load when we had dial up.

Traci I hate to hear you didn't get to close on your house! My BIL had the same thing happen when they were scheduled to close on their house. They change the date three times on him. I hope you will get yours done soon. Glad you made it home safely! I can't wait to get my package. Yeah I am like a kid on Christmas morning! These swaps are the only way I get surprise goodiesThumpUp ! I will be mailing your's soon! I can't wait to see what you thinkSneaky !

Have a great night!

grandmaJ Offline
#249 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:29:48 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning everyone! Happy Thursday! One week from today is THANKSGIVNG!! eeeeeeeekkkkkkkk! It is coming up too fast!!

Wavin to Evelyn this morning! Hope your week is goin good! I'm not ready to mail yet, but getting closer!! Hope the babies co-operate today so I can get your main project finished!!

We are off to a vet appoint in the morning so not sure if I will have time to check in before we leave or not. If you don't see me, that is where I am!
1CoolMom Offline
#250 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:05:36 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Good morning everyone. I have a busy day today: running to the post office, to the bank to wire money for the house, then to DH's office to sign the documents (crossing our fingers this actually happens today!) and tons of house work to catch up. Thankfully, the kids kept up with most of the housework I just have to get things back to "my way".

Janice, We had to make an unplanned visit to the vet yesterday because Beaux broke out in a rash. Poor guy was scratching like mad, he got a cortisone shot and antibiotics.

Jess, I hope you like your handmade item. I have gone back and forth about it and am about 99% pleased with it. One part did not turn out like I intended but I cannot fix it; when you get it you will understand what I mean. I am still gift wrapping for both swaps but will get them out in today's mail.

Kathy, No unpacking this time; it's a vacation home and we have NO furniture. We have to get everything as we go along. All I have is a dresser and night stand set and a book shelf. I almost forgot: a crafting table! All are used because I am trying to be frugal. We are going to buy most stuff at yard sales and thrift stores because I know I can find some good deals there.
scrappinchic Offline
#251 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:12:55 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Traci no worries! I am sure I will love it! I can't wait! Yay! Fingers crossed you get to close on your house! You can find awesome deals at yard sales and thrift stores these days! Happy hunting! Can't wait to see picture's! I hope you'll share someWink ! I hope your fur baby's rash heals soon!

I made a new barbie couch. I made it with a piece of cloth MIL found at goodwill! I actually made it for my neighbors girls for Christmas. Hopefully DD will let it goScared ! She wants everything I make! Going to try some more food soon! I didn't the other day! I will post a picture later today!

Hope Bitsy has a good vet visit GrandmaJ! Hope she is healing well! Safe travels!

Edited by user Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:13:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

EvelynRobinson1 Offline
#252 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:15:24 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson1

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Jess -- you are the busiest lady. You must take energy vitamins plus. It is so hard to keep my energy level up no kidding. Even with B12 injections each week, that doesn't help. I do stay busy though. That's why I like doing swaps here. They are fun and give me something to do. We don't have kids so it's just me and Max, our black lab.

It's getting so close to Thanksgiving and we haven't begun to get things ready. Oh my, I better get busy. We are looking forward to have a nice holiday too. Did you all see the Nov Cricut Magazine, there were some really good ideas in it.

Of course, I don't want to forget to send another wave to my partner, GrandmaJ. Have a wonderful day.

Evelyn
grandmaJ Offline
#253 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:10:32 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

WooHooooo! All I have left to do on Evelyns main project is a little hot gluing!! And, right now, I am happy with how it is looking!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evelyn, do you fix Thanksgiving dinner or go somewhere? We go to my folks farm. Gonna be 30 people there this year. Sounds loud and crowded to me...glad we will have to come home to Bitsy and not stay all day!! Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but 30 of them at once in my moms house with tables set up and all that food.....i'll be ready to come home after I get my belly full!!

Jess, can't wait to see the new couch!!
trvkladd Offline
#254 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:26:08 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi to all my Maggie Sisters~ Thanks for all the well wishes, I'm feeling much better today! Actually, I was able to pretty much kick off the blues yesterday when I went to work. I got to work a full day at the cutting counter at J's. It was awesome!!! I'm really excited tonight. DD was in the HS Beauty Pageant to benefit the Yearbook (she's on the yearbook staff)...she won 2nd place. I got so emotional and nearly started crying. She'd have killed me Flapper Flapper

Janice~ I was diagnosed with pre-menopause about 4-5 years ago and just started getting hot flashes, migraines, hormonal and a few other not great things that are going nuts in my body! I'm 45 so I guess that's about right...not sure. Hope that Bitsy has a good visit to the vet or had. I'm having a hard time keeping up, so busy right now!

Jess~ Can't wait to see more pics of the furniture and the food. How exciting. I haven't even begun to work on Christmas yet.

Traci~ How'd the closing go??? I'll try to call you in the morning. I've been non-stop at the craft table when I'm not working or running with the kids.

Rhonda~ Big waves!!! I'm so excited to tell you that I finished all of the shopping for you today! Plus I got more done on your project. I can't wait till you see it!!! Hope you're feeling better!

Here are a couple of pics of DD at the pageant. I had to share! Have a great weekend, ladies. I'm closing tomorrow and Saturday so won't be on again till Sunday

~Rebecca
trvkladd attached the following image(s):
IMAG3147.jpg
IMAG3156.jpg
scrappinchic Offline
#255 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 3:25:12 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning! Its cold!!! I am warming my insides with a nice cup of pumpkin spice coffee! Yum!

Evelyn I do stay rather busy! I still hope to meet up with you at Family Memories one of these day! Maybe after the holidaysScared ! I think things will slow down a little then!

GrandmaJ thats a lot of bodies in one houseScared ! I am going to have a couple extra bodies this year! I think I am going to have about 15 people here. My sister isnt coming because she doesn't like my brother girlfriend/ex-wife. I wish she would deal for the holidays but she's stubborn. Maybe she will grow up one dayBigGrin ! I love my family but hope they come eat and run like they normally doSneaky ! Black friday sales start early and I have a shopping route to plan! I shop with my sister so she will be over after "they" leaveGlare ! Oh my dad's new girlfriend is comingConfused ! I still have a hard time with this. She's nice but..... Also having one of my son's friends join us. His mom and dad are divorced and he said he does have holiday dinner's anymore. He hasn't had Thanksgiving in along time. My heart broke and I invited him to enjoy it with us. He would have been home alone (love that movie). I couldn't let that happen.

Rebecca congrats to your daughter! She is a beautiful girl! I bet you were one proud moma last nightBigGrin ! Glad you are over those bluesWink ! You are too busy to be in the dumps woman!

Oh, GrandmaJ how is Bitsy doing?

Okay gotta take DH and drop him off this morning! I need the car! I'll be back later!
grandmaJ Offline
#256 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 5:16:36 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning Maggie sisters! Happy FRIDAY!! Whew, thought it would never get here!! We are off to Champaign after while. Pray for a good report for Bitsy today!! She was showing signs of maybe having some vision yesterday...or at least we think so. Hope it isn't false hopes on our part....

Rebecca your dd is beautiful and why can't you cry when she gets 2nd in a beauty pagent? That is wonderful and you must be so proud of her!! Is the other girl in the pic the winner? They could almost pass for sisters!!

Jess, maybe i will just come to your house for Thanksgving dinner!! Sounds quieter! We always sit down with all the black friday ads after dinner and plan our Black Friday Adventure for the next morning. Can't beleive so many of the stores are starting them at 8pm on Thanskgiving day now. Should be a law against that!! And the online ones...I got a couple emails this morning of places starting their online sales today!!

Better go get my shower taken so I will be ready to go. Hope to do some gluing before we leave so it can dry while we are gone!! Have a great day everyone!
1CoolMom Offline
#257 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 6:10:03 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Rebecca, She is so beautiful! I am sure this brought back a lot of memories for you.

Going to the grocery store to get my fixings for Thanksgiving dinner. We are pretty laid back at our house because there are only 6 of us. Sadly, I make too much food to cover everyone's favorites. We have 6 people and three pies plus cookies because DS doesn't eat any pies.
1CoolMom Offline
#258 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 6:45:17 PM(UTC)
1CoolMom

I got my Magnolia Ink Magazine today and the extra stamp. The magazine has a lot of cute stuff. The stamp is unmounted, so I have to learn something new.
scrappinchic Offline
#259 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 6:58:56 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Oh Traci I am jealous! I still haven't ordered one! I had put it on a couple wishlist so I thought I better wait and see! Never know! I can't wait to see it! So the stamps is unmounted! That will be a new one on me too!

I hope yall have a great night!
grandmaJ Offline
#260 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:35:18 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning everyone!! Hope you are all looking at a wonderful weekend! I have Joey this morning and have to take him to swim lessons so that will cramp some of my craftin time I was looking forward to!! But it will be fun watching him swim..rumor has it he goes off the diving board now IN THE DEEP END! I better take a nerve pill of some kind before I go!!! HAHAHA!

Bitsy got a great report yesterday! her good eye is looking 'great' and her gone eye is healing 'beautifully'! I was so releived! I need to make her an appointment for later next week to get her stitches out of her gone eye but we can do thaat with our vet here in town. Then we don't go back to Champaigne for 5-6 weeks!! yeah!!!!!

I am making placecards for my mom for Thanksgiving. I have made them every year since I was just little and she got me construction paper and stickers! now I am a big girl and use my cricut!! Nothing fancy but have to make 30 of them so a little time consuming. Everything is cut, just need to glue and write the names on them.

Hi Evelyn! Got a great idea for your last 'gift'!! It hit me like a snowball! Gonna see if my J's has it today, otherwise will be ordering it online. hmmmm..wonder if that was a hint......

Got to check a couple other threads and then get busy! See how much I can get done before swim lessons!!

Have a great day everyone!!
scrappinchic Offline
#261 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:39:36 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning!

Traci I think I am supposed to get my package today! They haven't updated the info but it does say the expected delivery date is today! Sorry! I had to look! I am such a hoot! Needless to say this chic is stalking the mailmanWink ! I have some shopping to do later but its gotta wait! Or I could go and it maybe here when I get home. Hummm! That maybe a good idea!

I have some baking to do today! My sister wants a pumpkin roll for her birthday so gotta run out to get some canned pumpkinSneaky ! Then I think I am going to surprise her this afternoon instead of tomorrow.

I need to do some more Christmas shopping but trying to hold out until black friday! It will be here before we know it! Yay!

Any Twilight fans? I am hoping dear hubby will take me tomorrow afternoon.

Have fun with Joey GrandmaJ! Glad Bitsy is healing nicely!

Have a great day!

trvkladd Offline
#262 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:51:21 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi Maggie Sisters~ Hope everyone is well. Thank you all for the nice words about DD, you are all so sweet. It was a wonderful, exciting moment for her!

Traci~ It brought back lots of memories for me. She is so confident and self assured. But later that night she told me that she was so nervous that her cheeks were "jumping" and she was afraid that people would be able to tell. I assured her that they could not! Wub

Jess~ Thanks! I've been up and down like a roller coaster the last few months and some days it's fine and others it's horrible. I'm not a fan of the roller coaster at all, I'm more of a merry go round girl! Flapper Flapper Flapper

Janice~ Great news on Bitsy. That's wonderful! I hope your nerves can handle the swim lesson with Joey. I took Olivia to a few and it nearly did me in! Crying Unsure OhMyGod Scared

Hope everyone has a great weekend

~Rebecca
scrappinchic Offline
#263 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:45:27 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Guess what I got! Yep! My package from the amazing TraciLove ! Thanks so much for everything! Love the copic color journal! Its will really help with color combo's! Did DH do the coloring? Its great!

Okay without delay here are my picture's! Thanks againBigGrin !

Just noticed all my pictures are sideways. Sorry about that! Still trying to get used to my phoneUnsure !

Edited by user Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:49:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
006.JPG (2,045kb) downloaded 18 time(s).
007.JPG (2,066kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
008.JPG (1,970kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
009.JPG (2,015kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
010.JPG (1,807kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
011.JPG (1,962kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
012.JPG (1,980kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
013.JPG (2,135kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
1CoolMom Offline
#264 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 4:34:59 PM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Jess, I am glad you like everything. DH did color the Maggie's for you. He had to fit it in between traveling.
scrappinchic Offline
#265 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:16:00 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

I had a sneakySneaky ! He does a fabulous job! Thank you again for everythingBigGrin ! Love it allWub !
Heart2hand Offline
#266 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 5:34:41 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hello Maggie sisters...

Jess...you are a busy lady....I wish I had that much energy to get things done....send some my way, please. That is soo sweet of you to invite DS's friend to your dinner. Lovely package from Traci.....love that book.....

Rebecca....I can't wait to see it. I'm still trying to finish up your goodies. ONE package arrived today....woo hooo...waiting on another....then just have to finish the HANDMADE goodies. YOUR DD is a GORGEOUS girl....much to be proud of!!!! What an honor! Congrats to her as well.

GrandmaJ....great update on Bitsy!!! SOunds like a recipe for good health and recovery. I'm sure your place cards have come along way since the crate paper and sticker days...lol.

Traci....WONDERFUL Box of goodies to Jess. That book is adorable....DH do that? LOL...he is wonderful at coloring.....Any news on your house?

DH is working tomorrow as well...so I have so much to do in ONE Day....laundry...sweeping, dishes....this swap...the Secret Santa....the stocking....I need more hours in my day. LOL...then DH is off on vacation Tuesday until the following MOnday. He is going to be busy too....hopefully, get the hardword floors laid.... the GAS LOG place into our fireplace...and then getting the building permits for the Pole Barn to be built in early December. UGhhhh...and then he hopes to go hunting too....hahahah....right!

HUGs
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#267 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 4:18:15 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning maggie sister's! Just wanted to stop in and wish you all a special day!

Rhonda I hope you get lots done in your craft room today!

1CoolMom Offline
#268 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:06:18 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Rhonda, I totally forgot to update about the house. We finally closed on Friday. Now we are just waiting for the key to be mailed to us since we are out of town. DH is going to start fixing it up asap so we can go up early in the year.
1CoolMom attached the following image(s):
front view.jpg
Driveway View.JPG
Lake 1.JPG
grandmaJ Offline
#269 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:16:39 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning!! Happy Sunday to you all!!

Jess, what a great pkg you got from Traci!! Love all the goodies, and that color journal is wonderful! I took some notes from it on color combo's, did anyone else? LOL! Enjoy it all!!

Traci, and that is a 2nd home? OMG, your first home must be a mansion!! Remind me again where this is, it isn't a beach house is it? Thinking it is not, but can't remember for sure! Don't see any mountains... Anyhow, you can take years filling it up! How fun would that be though!! I am, as I often am, GREEN with envy!!
And, great pkg you sent to Jess!!

Got my gluing done on Evelyn's main project yesterday, so it is finished!! And I am pleased with it!! Yeah!!

Rhonda, enjoy your day to yourself! House cleaning...ugh, I got plenty of that that needs done too. I always try to give the house a good cleaning before I decorate for Christmas, so I best get busy!!

Have a great day everyone!!
grandmaJ Offline
#270 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:19:08 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Now that is weird....after I posted that I see another pic of the house area, NICE POND!! or is it a lake? cute bridge too....is it all yours or do you share the water with others? Now I see what kind of area it is in...how relaxing and wonderful!!! GREENER now!