Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mama2Soph Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:00:18 AM(UTC)
mama2Soph

Groups: Registered

I just bought an Expressions machine used. I hooked it up and followed all of the instructions on the step by step guide. But when I tried to cut (letters and shapes) it's way off! I tried to cut a simple heart (2inches). It started the base of the heart just fine but when it went to cut the rounded top portion it became very pointed at the entire top portion is maybe 1/2inch and doesn't connect back to the base of the heart. When I tried to cut out the letters it overlapped some of the cuts, destroying the letters and were not completely proportional. It also has difficulty cutting through card stock. I set the blade to 6 and the pressure to high and it was spotty. I don't know how old the blade is since it was used so I am not as worried about that as I am the actual cutting. Please help! I am brand new to Cricut and I need to figure out what is going on so I can see if I can return it if it is defective. We are moving in 6 weeks from overseas and if I don't get it taken care of now it will be boxed up and on a ship for nearly 3 months before I can do anything about it!
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:57:31 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2413 time(s) in 2165 post(s)
Try changing the blade and see what happens.