Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

bugsbunny54153ee640e4b Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:57:06 PM(UTC)
bugsbunny54153ee640e4b

Groups: Registered

I have an expression and want to know if I can do the CC cake cartridges and if so what do I need to make it work? Thank you for your patience because I'm wanting to try doing cakes. Wub
Cricut Dani Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:16:34 AM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bugsbunny54153ee640e4b Go to Quoted Post
I have an expression and want to know if I can do the CC cake cartridges and if so what do I need to make it work? Thank you for your patience because I'm wanting to try doing cakes. Wub

Hello,

I have included an explanation of the differences between the Cake and the Expression machine.

The Cricut Cake has been specifically designed to cut edible material, including gum paste, frosting sheets, and more. It has been designed with parts that are made of food-safe material. In fact, any part of the machine that touches food is made of food-safe material that has been approved by the FDA. The machine has also been designed specifically so that food cannot enter into the machine as easily. Cricut Expression mats are not to be used in the Cricut Cake machine. The Expression mats are designed to handle paper and other such materials and contain an adhesive that is NOT safe for use with food. Cricut Cake mats are designed specifically to handle food and are made with a food-safe material.

The Cricut Expression machine is made of material that might not be FDA approved. We recommend that you do not cut paper and food in the same machine for it is not sanitary. Also please do not use Cricut cake mats in the Expression machine because doing so could damage your Expression Machine. Gum paste, frosting sheets, and other food material could get into the spaces and groves of your Expression machine and cause it to stop working properly.

-Cricut Dani