Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

frogchickieeced04e8 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:32:24 PM(UTC)
frogchickieeced04e8

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mad I hate my new E2. I have been trying for days to make just one single project. First it won't cut through my cardstock no matter what number I have the blade on. AND the cardstock sticks so bad on the mat it won't peel off no matter how slow I peel!!!
I bought it on Amazon and cant return it!!!! I just hate it and it is so upsetting. I just wanted to be able to craft with my daughter who makes absolutely beautiful projects.
AuntieKLE Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 10:07:02 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 176 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Is the blade housing in correctly? Have you tried changing the pressure? It's one of the settings on the Expression 2. It's different from the one on the blade housing.

If your mat has bits of paper still on it, you can use a baby wipe or just run it under a faucet and gently rub your fingers over the mat until the paper bits are gone, then let dry. It will be sticky again after it dries. Then condition the mat by putting a clean t-shirt on the mat and pulling it off several times all over the mat. That will make it less sticky. Also, if you don't have one get the cricut spatula, it helps to lift up the paper so you can get it off the mat. Always remember to place the cover back on the mat when finished. There is a right side to the cover too. Most people mark the front or put a sticker to tell what side is what.

HTH

You can also contact Provocraft customer service so they can help you.
They also have live chat so you can message them on the computer.

Edited by user Friday, November 16, 2012 10:09:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MojaveDiva Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 10:29:35 PM(UTC)
MojaveDiva

Please define Right side of the mat cover. I read this reply (really new to Cricut. E2), and went back to look. I can't see a difference. Thanks.
frogchickieeced04e8 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:05:35 AM(UTC)
frogchickieeced04e8

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So last night after posting this I went back to my cricut manual and reread page 25. I changed some settings and set out to cut some of my teddy bears. Oops, that was a big mistake. I should have stopped the machine after a second of cutting to check how deep it was cutting. It cut way too deep and ruined the mat. Then I changed the blade setting again and FINALLY I have it right. I cut a layer and it cut just right and they came off the mat perfectly with the help of my spatula. I do have to get a new mat, but that's ok. I finally can use my cricut to create amazing things.

If you are new to cricut and the Expression 2 and are having cutting issues, make sure to read page 25 and adjust your blade settings.

I no longer hate my cricut! BigGrin
 2 users thanked frogchickieeced04e8 for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 11/17/2012(UTC), Soshescraps on 11/18/2012(UTC)
AuntieKLE Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:23:07 AM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Originally Posted by: MojaveDiva Go to Quoted Post
Please define Right side of the mat cover. I read this reply (really new to Cricut. E2), and went back to look. I can't see a difference. Thanks.

The top side of the cover will stick to the mat more and may remove the glue. That's why it's best to mark it before you take it off.

HTH
AuntieKLE Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:26:08 AM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Originally Posted by: frogchickieeced04e8 Go to Quoted Post
If you are new to cricut and the Expression 2 and are having cutting issues, make sure to read page 25 and adjust your blade settings.

I no longer hate my cricut! BigGrin

I glad you figured it out! The E2 has a learning curve to it. It takes some practice.

Just make sure you have all the updates with Cricut Sync. (You hook up the E2 to your computer to get the updates).

HTH
southgirltexas Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 8:18:59 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
Here is a handy hint...when you start to use a new mats write the date on the top of the clear lining. That way you know the newest mat and when you take the clear lining off you know which way it goes back,

I am so glad you got it worked out!
debsavin36ce22a5 Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:06:02 PM(UTC)
debsavin36ce22a5

BigGrin I love my Cricut and I probably don't even know half of what it is capable of doing yet.

I took a class some time ago and found out that the mats can be broken in by hand and it works beautifully. What I mean by that is that we were taught to take the mat out and then to take the palms of our ands and touch the mat over and over until the oil from our hands allowed the mat to fall away from our hands when we tried to pick it up. We were also taught to take a mat that was no longer sticky and to use one of those dish washing scrubbers with the greeny on the end to scrub the mat lightly with warm water and no soap to get all the paper and hair etc off the mat and when it dries it's as good as new. You can reuse that mat for months. I swear I learn something new every time I use it and I use it a lot! My advice would be to find a class in your area. I took both the beginners and the advanced and it was well worth the $15 a class I paid for each. A wealth of information. Don't be discouraged it takes time to learn all that it does ans it just keeps getting better. Happy Crafting!
Mommer Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:17:16 PM(UTC)
Mommer

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MojaveDiva Go to Quoted Post

I hope this helps. On my mat cover the more glossy side is the one you want away from the mat. the other side is a little cloudy should be touching the mat. If you shine a light from above and there is a intense glare that is the outside or top of cover. To compare I rolled the cover half way so I could see both sides at the same time with a light from above. I did this at night so the light was more intense.

I had marked the mat with the words this side out with a sharpie before I peeled it off the mat when new. I used words so if they were backwards I knew my cover was put on wrong.

I hope this answers your question.

scrapalette Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:27:58 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
I think only the original mats had a cover with only one side treated. If you write on the cover with a Sharpie and then rub it and it smears, that's the treated side that should be next to the adhesive on the mat. If it doesn't smear, that's the non-treated side.
Cricut Dani Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:12:08 AM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: frogchickieeced04e8 Go to Quoted Post
Mad I hate my new E2. I have been trying for days to make just one single project. First it won't cut through my cardstock no matter what number I have the blade on. AND the cardstock sticks so bad on the mat it won't peel off no matter how slow I peel!!!
I bought it on Amazon and cant return it!!!! I just hate it and it is so upsetting. I just wanted to be able to craft with my daughter who makes absolutely beautiful projects.

Hello,

We would like to recommend that you update your machine through the Cricut Sync program.

If you do not have that program on your computer, you can download it by going to www.cricut.com/cricutsync. Once Cricut Sync is installed on your computer, you will be able to update your machine. You can do this by connecting your machine through the USB cord that was provided with your machine. You will want to make sure to click on the Cricut Sync icon so the program is running. Once you have that program up and your machine is connected, the Cricut Sync will prompt you that there are updates available for your machine. You will then click “Update Now.” It will take a few minutes for that update to finish depending on how many updates that you need to do.

If after doing this troubleshooting process it does not fix your issue then would we would like to recommend that you call the number below where a representative will be happy to walk you through further troubleshooting.
1-877-727-4288 Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST

-Cricut Dani