Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6061626364>»
Dbson Offline
#1831 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:29:05 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good morning....Pat and Phyllis.....you had a late, late night......
I was so tired after my cousin/hubby left, we didn't make it to church....hubby has had quiet a few days of just feeling so bad....sure wish I could share my energy and feel good with him.....
Pat that is good DGD is sending her list out...smart girl.....sorry about the paper issues....I agree with Phyllis on the 'paper mill' papers.....love the feel, it is 'actual size' and cuts great...haven't put any thru the Big Shot, but I am sure it will cut perfect. SU has the Very Vanilla which is a very nice paper too....hope the bread starter will get better with more feedings....they tell you on their site how to make it be 'more sour' or 'less sour'......mine cooked great but I put too much in the loaf pan and the tops were 'rough' looking...it will get eat.....both my boys love the 'new' bread....
Phyllis hope you enjoyed your movies.....sorry about the bread not rising....I put the bread I baked for the drs office on a rack over my floor vents, that helps with just a bit of heat and it was ready to bake pretty quick, of course these starters are just so 'potent'....so thankful I have someone to ask for them.
Jess boo on the snooze buttons....
Hello to Renate, Gramma, Kathy, Karen....we know Joanne is probably still out on the sea cruising around..
Have a great day, I need to get the washer and dryer swapped out and get busy....cooking class tonight....
Gramma Offline
#1832 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:16:19 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings from a sunny 40 degree WNY. No snow on the ground yet.. Yippee! No precip scheduled through the weekend.. Yippee...yippee!!

My Big Shot came yesterday... I just love it! I think my poor old cuttlebug was just ready to be retired.

Still waiting for card blanks. Working on projects for OJ.

The breadmakers are trying to enable me... I am standing strong on not caving. Mostly because I've tried yeast stuff and never had a rise out of one yet. My yeast thumb must be related to my black green thumbThumbDown .

Deb I hope DH and Prissy get to feeling better soon. Sounds like DH has that hibernation thing going on.. I get it every year.

Hellos to Pat and Phyllis and Renate and Jess and Joanne and everyone else.

Hugz,
Gramma
Phyllis Offline
#1833 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:10:57 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Good morning to the bakery wing, LOL, I'm so happy I have risen dough this morning, guess it just needed for me to quit checking it every hour. It's in the pans waiting on second rise, fingers crossed.

Pat, yes some of the Christmas movies are repeats but I enjoy watching them again. Wish I was closer so I could give you some paper for your stars. I'm going Pinterest crazy lately, get so many ideas there. I have that little bird cage die from Memory Box.

Deb, my floor vents are not flat on the floor so that wouldn't work for me plus Scooter would have his nose in it. Hope Howard can pick up some of your energy, you could send some my way too.

Gramma, glad you like your Big Shot, I do think they are better on the thin dies than the Cuttlebug. LOL on your yeast thumb, I'm still hoping I have at least a partial left.

Jess, the snooze button can get you in trouble sometimes, I don't need mine anymore but it got a lot of use when I was working. Hope your day is good in spite of it.

I think DH is getting sick, yuck, I don't need this this close to Thanksgiving. OK , better get going and try to salvage this day.
Dbson Offline
#1834 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:08:24 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, MIL will begin radiation after Thanksgiving, they will call to give start date, she is marked up with "X's", do not wash them off....has grown from 9.5 to 15, I will have to a$$ume that is CM or MM growth, but 15 is equal to about 6 inches....now is that inside growth or outside? May need to ask if I go next trip...that is all I know as of now....but if it has grown that fast it is very aggressive.

Phyllis glad your bread is doing better....Prissy has a vet appt on Monday so maybe we can resolve the diarrhea issue, no chicken (made in the USA), so it may well be the meds....guess we will see...

Gramma you will love your BS, I bet you could make yeast bread too.....

Guess I better get busy and get some make up on before going to card class, would not want to scare anyone....later....

Edited by user Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:15:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#1835 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:37:27 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
good evening everyone,
I missed reading the posts last night and had a lot of catching up to do. Too tired last night to go on the computer.
Phyllis, I don't use my KA too often but when I do I love it. Especially for Christmas cookies. I have never heard of one breaking except for Jess'. Glad your bread finally decided to rise. You are probably right thinking it did not want you to watch it rise LOL. I too love to watch holiday movies, especially the Classics. Hope dh is not getting sick. Yuck on people not washing their hands after the restroom, one of my major pet peeves too.
Pat, slow going with the purging but every little bit helps. Smart of Sarah to give everyone a separate list. My kids already asked for their dad's and my list. We keep telling them we don't need anything but they want one anyway. We got their's too but they just want us to pick something not get them everything. Sorry your bread didn't turn out the way you expected it to, but I'm sure it was good anyway.
Deb, sorry to hear that dh and pooch are under the weather. Sometimes 'new' foods can upset dog's systems, I have been told. Dh sounds like he needs a good rest, all that worrying is not good, but I'm sure he can't help it. Watching movies at least takes him away from his thoughts for a while. 15cm, does it look to you like that's what it is? 15mm would be less than an inch. Glad you had a nice visit with your cousin, so sad that the uncle is forgotten.
Jess, sorry about the restless night, but I understand how your mind does not shut down. Hope for better sleep tonight. I wake up before my alarm goes off and then hit the snooze 3 times before I get up.--I was more upset than DH was about missing the meal.
Gramma, glad you got your Big Shot. I use my CB mostly for embossing and some dies, but the BigKick works much better on the thin dies.--I'm trying my hardest not to be drawn into the baking circle, although I make banana muffins pretty regularly now. I did get some KA flour at the commissary today, it's about $1 less than at WM.
Joanne is still on the boat making cards.
I need to work on the CFS cards, I didn't get much done last night. Oh I forgot to tell you that one of the SFC's in my unit sent me a card thanking 'us' for making the cards. So sweet.
Have a great evening. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#1836 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:38:59 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening... Oh my I have been busy today, but it sure doesn't look I did much. I consolidated 3 tubs into 1 1/2. Some of the stuff in those will be used up during the holidays. I also have 2 tubs of Gingerbread stuff that will become less than one, since they are storing the pre made houses and trees and all the decorating goodies. I have cups/plates napkins for decorating day as well as some cute decorations. I have started a bag & box for holiday items to be donated as well. Will take it/them to the local GW or SA when they are full. Found a few gifts I had bought last year on clearance. Funky holiday socks with white furry tops for the girls. They are gonna love them. Always easier to buy for them than the boys.

Deb, my thoughts/prayers will continue for mil and everyone involved. I also hope Howard gets some rest and feels better. And that the vet can give you some answers about Prissy. You take care of you also...
Gramma, yea foor no snow/precip yet. It will come soon enough and I am not looking forward to it. I got your cards to day and I LOVE the little tea pot image you slipped the postage help into. You are so sweet.
Phyllis so glad your bread finally rose to the occasion. I am going to try to make some rolls for Thanksgiving. It is going to be a very low key family day. Three of the grands will be with their father, so it is going to be quiet.
I vaguely remember talk of the paper mill paper. Is there a website someone can share? I am not going to spend all my time running around looking for the paper if I can just order it.
Renate, we always tell the girls we don't need anything also, but give them small item ideas for the grands to give us. I need to do youngest dd's birthday first. That is on the 2nd and it has been my rule since she was born that first we do her birthday and then we can work on Christmas.

Well, I need to get a few things done and then go to bed. These late nights are killing me.
housefullofrotties Offline
#1837 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 1:37:29 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a great day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#1838 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 8:09:25 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Friday, cooking class was good last night, I ate a sandwich before I went in case we had a big crowd...only 13 so we had plenty to eat....she made a soup, chicken dish, ham dish, corn type dish and a chocolate brownie dessert...yummy....plus she brought a white chocolate butter she made and put on strawberry muffins....it was great....
Pat the paper mill site is www.thepapermillstore.com it is wonderful paper.......yea for consolidating the stuff into tubs.....I sent all kinds of 'stuff' to the charity places.....still have a couple boxes behind the motor home area to purge.....
Jess it is FRIDAY....
Renate I think it is 15cm....that is about 6 inches and the size it is now is at least that....now is it internal or external measuring.....the dr may be using the CT scan to measure....hope you can rest up over the weekend.....
Phyllis did the bread turn out okay? I move my mixer to the long counter top and use it all the time during my holiday baking.....
Saw this morning Hallmark scrap store had Gypsy sleeves for $2.99.....WOW....tells me that something may well be up with them discontinuing that little toy....sure hope if PC does, they will give owners a way to unlink the carts.....and by the way did anyone see the eBay listing for the Hello Kitty cart? It was $452.00.....not $4.52, not $42.50.....$452....that is crazy.........
Hello to everyone else, I am off to get a shower and iron.....we have a brunch in the morning, hubby is going this time....it is at the swankiest (is that a word) place in town.....beautiful interior...but we don't have to 'dress up', so that is good.....have a great day.....later.....
imnchghere Offline
#1839 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 8:46:54 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. off to a decent day here. Working on laundry and then it is back to the spare bedroom. Trying to eliminate more stuff into the donation box. Hope to have it full by Monday, so it can be gone!!!
Stamped a bunch of the ornament images last night. I found some scraps of paper in one of my iris boxes. Appears I was making 8x8 pages since they are 4x12 pieces. I did some creative positioning of the stamps and was able to get enough for 10 ornaments. Not sure I will finish them all, but at least I have the parts and can return the ink pads to my SU rep.
Fed my starter, so I can make pancakes. Would love to make rolls for Thanksgiving. Will just have to see what happens.
Phyllis & Deb, thanks for the website. Since I managed to scrape together enough paper to stamp all I will need, I am not so desperate for the paper now, but I am going to order some anyway.
Deb, I read on the MB about people wanting to know about the linked carts and the ending of the G. I almost bought one to link all of my carts to for DD to have. She has no storage and I thought this way she would have them all to use. But then she started doing digital and I couldn't find deals on the G. I guess it was a good thing. I have the Hello Kitty cart. I use it periodically. I heard a while back they were a HOT item on ebay. NO cart is worth that kind of money in my opinion.
I guess I better get back to work here. Too much to do, to be on the computer.
Phyllis Offline
#1840 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:37:51 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good Friday morning.

Renate, so nice to get a card from your unit. Hope your Friday is going well and fast. DH is sick and we are doing everything possible to keep the germs under control.

Deb, that is not a good sign that the tumor is growing so fast. Hope they can help her with the radiation. Food class sounds yummy. That is a ridiculous price for the Hello Kitty cart, I used to have that one, think I might have sold it already, need to check my remaining carts. My bread turned out beautiful and tasted good too. I think using my KA with the kneading made it smoother, I think I'm going to love this new toy (oh no, am I calling kitchen appliances toys? LOL).

Pat, glad you found enough paper to do your stars. That paper mill place ships fast too, I have ordered from them 2-3 times. Even though Marco Paper is only about an hour's drive from me, I don't get there very often but their prices are a lot higher too but they do have some nice paper.

Jess, are you working today? Hope it's good either way.

Better get off here and see what I need to do productive today.

RGK Offline
#1841 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 5:47:38 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

hello castlemates,
I'm so glad it's Friday, it was a long week even with Monday off.
Pat, you are doing great with your purging, and finding lost treasures in the process. We do the same with the kids, give them ideas for small things and hope they listen.
Jess, how was your Friday, working or not? Do you have any plans for this weekend? I hope you'll fit in some time for relaxing.
Deb, cooking class sounded delicious.--Crazy price on the H.K.cart.--Did you have a good lunch with DH? Prissy doing better?
Phyllis, I was touched receiving the card from the soldier. It shows that we do make a difference in their lives. Sorry DH is sick, I hope he does not pass it on to you, in time for the holiday.
A KA can be considered a toy, nothing wrong with that...
I have a head start on my work at home - laundry is almost done. The weather is supposed to be beautiful again this weekend, not as warm as last one, but sunny and mild. Good time to pick up the rest of the leaves etc.
Hello to everyone else in the castle. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#1842 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 7:12:26 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Friday evening.. yet another busy day and even productive. I managed to fill another large apple box for donation and started a 2nd. Working on holiday stuff now. I won't get through all of it, but will get what I can. Eventually I will have to stop and get ready for the holidays.
Learned from eldest dd that she has conflicts for the weekend we were going to Gingerbread Houses. I understand these things happen. I will just have to see what I can figure out without ruffling feathers.

Stamped a bunch more images for the SU ornaments. I won't be able to complete as many as I had thought I would, but if I can get a few done for gifts I will be happy. I am going to work on the cutting part this evening while watching TV. There are at least a couple hundred (40 per ornament).

Renate, wtg on getting a head start on the weekend. I got my laundry all done yesterday. I am hoping to be able to finish up the family room this weekend. I may just have to pack up some of the scrapbooking stuff for now and go through it later (after the holidays). I want to enjoy the season. I need the space the stuff is taking up.

Phyllis, my KA sits on the counter year round. If I had more counter space, my food processor would also. I think they definitely qualify as *toys*.

Time for me to get back to the ornaments. I would love to finish one. maybe tonight...probably not.
Dbson Offline
#1843 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:41:22 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, hope you all have a productive day...
Pat I see you are making the ornaments, have seen them and they are beautiful, good luck.....I told #1DS that we would be making plans for Christmas meal in a week or so...now to talk to #2DS...
Phyllis those mixers become 'our best toy' in the kitchen....I love my KA food processor too, when my blender dies it will probably be replaced with a KA too...
Renate hubby and I didn;t go out for lunch, I didn't want to get dressed so early so.....
Hello to all that might drop in, need to put the top coat on my nails, get a shower and be ready to head out for our brunch........later.....
Phyllis Offline
#1844 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:35:49 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good morning to the castle.

Pat, did you get a star finished, wow, that's a lot of pieces. My KA will have to sit on the counter all the time too, wish I had a roller pad to sit it on because I do have to move it forward every time I use it since it has to sit in the corner part of my counter. This short body of mine just doesn't help in a kitchen built for normal sized people, LOL. The new counter tops are also a little higher than my old ones.

Deb, getting holiday plans together with the family is difficult sometimes. We are having our family Christmas on the 8th due to so many conflicts which means only 2 weeks after Thanksgiving and early shopping. Have fun at your brunch, well it's probably over by now.

Hello to everyone else.
Dbson Offline
#1845 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:45:50 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, brunch was delicious, a few did not show up...that is sad because she 'pays per person' for the food....RSVP means just that....hubby left after he ate, sis brought me home, ran to the meat store, home and then took the dog for a short ride....

Just brought up a few boxes of Christmas items to the patio, going to go thru some ornaments I don't use any more and get those boxes purged and donated...evidence of a few bugs in there so I need to set off a fogger too....

Phyllis you are right about getting plans together, I haven't heard from #2 son about Thursday, we normally eat at their house, so we may be eating a cheese sandwich hereBigGrin....

We won't need much for supper since we had the huge meal and I am thinking of making some hot cocoa .....love it made from scratch.....

Oh and I found my 'scrap items/ribbon' in my building that I could not find for CFS cards, well...I knew I put it up but don't guess I looked hard enough.....

Have a great night,
RGK Offline
#1846 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:37:35 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening castle,
Pat, those SU ornaments are time consuming. Do you enjoy making them? I never saw one before. Will you post a picture? Sorry about the change in your gingerbread house schedule. The holidays aren't what they used to be when the kids were all home, I often miss those years. Glad you are finishing up on some of your purging and giving yourself a holiday break.
Deb, I hope DS#2 will let you know soon what time he wants you there for dinner on Thursday. Glad you had a good brunch today and didn't have to make much for dinner. I picked up a rotisserie chicken at Costco's, and we had store potato salad and a green salad with it.
Phyllis, my KA sits in the corner on my counter top too and I have to pull it out.--What will you do on Christmas since you will have your family get-together so early in the month? Guess you don't have much time to get ready.
I got an early start this morning, finished the laundry and then did my shopping. This afternoon we started taking the glass shades off the kitchen ceiling light fixtures for cleaning. We got 5 done, and took off the 3 over the island. Decided to let DS put them back up when he comes for T'giving. They are all washed so it should not take him long. It is hard for either of us to get up on the ladder and having to use both hands. Those over the table I can do myself, maybe tomorrow. We also cleaned the ceiling fan and attached light. This was a project long overdue. After we ate I made my 'weekly' banana muffins. Why did I start this? DH now expects it every weekend LOL.--I'm going to play a little this evening although I'm pretty tired and probably won't accomplish much.
Hello to everyone else stopping by. Renate
Phyllis Offline
#1847 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:34:00 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good evening ladies. Did a little bit of laundry today and worked on 2 orders. I'm ready to do some sanding but dreading going to the cold garage to do it. DH is better today but coughing a lot. I'm still good, knock on wood but my hands are raw from cleaning them so much, same with DH.

Renate, hope you get to play a little tonight after the light cleaning, that's a job. Christmas for us will just be DH and myself and DS, maybe some friends on Christmas Eve. We have a get together on New Years Eve with friends which I always look forward to. Since I don't have any DGC or DIL, that limits our gatherings to my family siblings and friends. DH doesn't have any family here.

Deb, that's sad that some did not show up after she paid for the food for them. Did Prissy enjoy her ride? Hot cocoa sounds good on a cold winter night. We're having friends over for Thanksgiving, my friend in IN and friends here. My friend in IN had not heard anything from her sons and their family so decided to get out of Dodge. Her sons' families seem to be going in different directions this year.

Guess I had better get to the garage and do some sanding. It has been pretty nice today, 58 degrees the last time I looked but I know it's colder now, I haven't been outside the door all day.

Catch y'all later.

Dbson Offline
#1848 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:17:20 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning....need to get myself busy....meat in the slow cooker, will have DH mash some potatoes for supper....neither of us are big night time eaters so that should be enough...might feed some starter and have fresh rolls....guess I better do that soon as I send this post.
Phyllis hope your DH gets well soon and does NOT give it to you...I head to the other bedroom when hubby is sick....did you get your sanding done?
Renate one job I dislike is taking down the globes off light fixtures, ceiling fans, etc. I do dust them every week I clean so they don't get too dirty. I meant to pick up a chicken at WM when I was in there on Fri, but just forgot......did you get to play last night?
Well I am sitting here trying to decide what the afternoon will bring.....I need to get my envelopes addressed and ready to mail out for my cards, pick up stamps next week, get my tree up and start the decorating......
After lunch we might take a short ride to look for a car for Savanna, still haven't found the right one yet....
Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend, later.....
#1849 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:44:01 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good morning and Happy Sunday! I hope the weekend has treated everyone well.

Pat~I see you're hard at work on the ornaments. I can't wait to see them. Someone from SU! shared a link on another paper ornament they had done. When I'm done here I'll post the link in case you want/need to do any fillers. I love, love homemade rolls! My moms were always so good!

Deb~I've used that paper in the BS and it's been fine. Glad you had a good cooking class. If someone wants to give me $452.00 for the hello kitty cart, they are welsome to it! I'll even throw in free shipping! WOW!! Hope you had a nice time at brunch. That's so rude that some didn't show up.

Gramma~The breadmaker makes it so easy. And you don't have to do it all from scratch if you don't want too. In the past for my FIL I've bagged up ingredients and put directions and other stuff he needs to add together to make it easy for him. He loves that. Hmmm, maybe I should do some for this Christmas. Anyway, you can buy box stuff too.

Phyllis~I am now officially hooked on Memory Box dies. Not sure why since I don't have time to use my other stuff!! My friend put some up on her FB page for her store and I had to rush over there and get some! She doesn't have a huge selection but enough to get me started and her prices are real good. I hope DH recovers quickly and you don't get sick. Can you move winter production into your basement?

Renate~It sure helps to Christmas shop when you have lists. LOL on you making muffins again! It's nice when they're easy to please! I have bananas to make two loaves of bread but not sure when I can fit that in. Sounds like you found plenty to keep you busy this weekend!

I've been battling a bad headache this weekend. It was much more tolerable when I got up this morning but the longer I'm awake the worse it's getting again. No time for this. In between laying down yesterday I did manage to get my Thanksgiving cards done and one stamp camp idea. Need to write out cards while watching football and I'm hoping to come up with at least one more camp idea, ideally I'll come up with two more. I did come up with a bridal shower card and she's going to talk to her sis to see what she wants to do. SU! has a really big sale this week, some deals that I can't pass up! I may end up in the poor house soon!

Here is the link for the ornament http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ofEJL23TA
The one I saw looked like it was done in a foil type paper, or something shimmery. It was beautiful. The page shows some other cool looking ornaments too.

I'm going to see about making breakfast and making a small dent in the list of things I needed to get done today. Have a good one!

Jess
RGK Offline
#1850 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:40:52 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Happy Sunday afternoon,
Phyllis, I did get to play a little last night, working on the last of my CFS cards. I finished them a little while ago. I need to get back to the album for my DS, I really wanted it done for Christmas but need some inspiration.--I hope you got your orders done and did not catch DH's bug.
Deb, you clean your lights and fans weekly. Ours hadn't been cleaned in a while and needed it, wee have to do better in the future. We got 2 more globes attached but are having trouble with the 3rd. Leaving it for DS. Still have to do those over the table but they are easy to reach.--Enjoy your dinner, sounds yummy.
Jess, sorry you are having another headache. Are you going to make the banana bread or wait till you feel better? I don't Christmas shop without the lists, well except I always get something little and unexpected too. DH always 'hires' DD to shop for him, he hates shopping and she loves it.
The ironing is done, and I've purged a little here and there, things I've been putting off.--Dinner tonight is leftover from yesterday's chicken. I need to make a side dish and salad and we'll be good. I'm hungry, so we'll eat soon and I will have some playtime. DH is watching the Colts game.
I hope everyone is having a good day. Renate
#1851 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 12:37:43 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Renaste~Glad you squeezed in some fun time. Hope you're able to get the album done. I'll get to the banana bread in a few days. I also need to put together a few casseroles for DH to take with him to the chateau mid-week. Hope you got dinner out of the way early so you could work on that inspiration!

The best part of today is it's the last Monday I work all year. I'm sure it'll be a long one as this headache has stuck with me. Have a great day.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#1852 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:58:26 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning, good morning.. going to be a busy day in this part of the castle. I have got to make up for the weekend, which while fun, was pretty much NON productive. We will see if today can be better. HVAC guy will be here sometime between now and 10 to check the furnace. It is a warranty check and he should be gone quickly.

Jess, YEA of no more Mondays this year. I hope it is a good one. I am doing pretty good with the ornaments. I need to figure out how to do the rosettes for the center. I wish I had asked my friend to cut me a bunch of those strips. Oh well.. I might be able to see her at a crop she is doing the first weekend of Dec. She could cut me a bunch to p/u. Something else I didn't think ahead on.
Renate, yesterday Jim & I went to Dollar Tree and got lots of holiday goodies for my 2 units. I am getting those boxes along with the last few of the holiday cards packed up today to put in the mail tomorrow. Jim did the custom forms and I just need to add a note. That will take are of a pile in the family room.

So what is everyone else up to this week? I am doing the vegetables for dinner Thursday and Jim's famous cranberry relish, which he got from Food Network. We serve it in a ceramic turkey that I made in the early 70's. Surprised he (the turkey) made it through all those moves and family gatherings.
Time to get moving here.. going to be a busy day, if it kills me.

Dbson Offline
#1853 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 7:42:46 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning,
Jess happy this is your last Monday.....hope you get rid of that headache....
Renate was supper good?
Pat hope you can recoup your hours today and get your to do list done...hope your plans for the dishes for Thursday will go quick and easy....the turkey dish you have reminds me of my ceramic days....I had a huge baked potato, little ones for condiments, a cabbage, corn and seems like I made something else....all are gone to the charity place as I never used them anymore....
We have most of the house work out of the way, still need to dust and pick up our bath, but waiting on hubby to get finished in there...worked about 3 hours last night on my Christmas cards/envelopes...will have a few more to add to the list, but was determined that would be done before bed....think we just going to stay home Thursday, might pick up a ham this afternoon....my niece has something at 4 that afternoon but with all we have going on with MIL, we may need to just take a day of rest. I have tons of yard work to do before it gets any colder....border grass must be cut back or dug up this year or it will over take my shrubs....
Hello to everyone else, I hope you all have a wonderful day....best get moving and another line marked off my list....
Dbson Offline
#1854 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 12:08:42 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Our precious Prissy is gone, she was in the recliner with Howard this morning, waiting to go for the appt at the vet, she saw a cat in the garage, she jumped down and tore everything up in the right leg/hip/ligaments....with all the weight, health issues it was not fair to her....the left leg would not last long....so Howard told her bye, she is no longer suffering.....

Edited by user Monday, November 19, 2012 12:23:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gramma Offline
#1855 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 1:41:12 PM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Oh my Deb... I am so sorry about Prissy.. big hugs are flying your way along with our deepest condolences.

Since this is no time to chat... I'm going to make a card to send you.

Sympathy and massive hugs,
Gramma
Phyllis Offline
#1856 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 3:45:56 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Oh my gosh Deb, I just saw this. My tears are flowing for you. I sent an email too. Soooooo Sorry, I know what you're going through.

I'll catch up after I compose myself.
RGK Offline
#1857 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 5:18:18 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Deb, I just sent you an email. I am so very sorry.
Renate
Dbson Offline
#1858 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:53:39 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Many thanks for your kind words, emails and tears.....many of you know how this hurts. It was not expected so it is even more shocking for us. I feel such a loss, our pets, like many of yours, are treated as family and even more so with this one. I was home almost 7 years with her and she would have been 8 in Feb....so we are grieving mighty hard tonight....took a pill because if I hadn't my head would have surely exploded....my b/p is soaring tonight....if I am missing a few days, please don't worry, just need to wrap my brain around all that has happened today....I know God has a plan and I know things happen for a reason....I bet the first person to meet her today was my momma...heaven would not be void of animals....they are God's creations too....love you all....
Phyllis Offline
#1859 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 8:29:50 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Deb, take care of yourself, watch that blood pressure, Hugs, you are definitely in my prayers.
#1860 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:36:38 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Still have a heavy heart in this area of the castle. Hope you were both able to get some sleep last night, Deb.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Jess