Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

gemma.breesebf578650 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 1:51:10 PM(UTC)
gemma.breesebf578650

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone :)

I have purchased my first Cricut - the mini and waiting on it arriving!

I've downloaded the craft room to have a look about and so I can work out how to use it for when my machine arrives!

One thing I can't work out is how to matt and layer alphabets / sentiments etc. How to do it on screen and also then how to actually cut - ie use a baking card and then a matching paper etc.

I was told it basically does it for you so you do not have to work out the size.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Gemma
World.Of.Hoard-Craft Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:27:19 PM(UTC)
World.Of.Hoard-Craft

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I do not use CraftRoom, so I can only speak of using the machine as a stand-alone Cricut.
That being said, in the booklet that comes with the cartridge, most alphabets have a few options- usually two or three layers (regular, in the big box to the left of each booklet page. Shadow, and Shadow Blackout.)Lets say you're looking to cut an X at 2 inches. If you DO NOT click on "real dial size", then all the pieces cut at 2" will layer on each other. A 2" regular X will layer perfectly on a 2" X Shadow.
I hope that explnation is helpful. Its best to have the Cricut in front of you and just play around.
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:10:31 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
The Mini can't be used as a stand alone machine. You need to use CCR or a Gypsy with the Mini. However, the same proportional settings are used for the Mini. In CCR, under the keypad at the bottom is the sizing. You enter the height you want in the Default Height and then select Relative Size {the Upper and Lower Case "a" that are two different sizes}. Then, all the images are cut proportional.

If you select Real Size {where the Upper and Lower Case "a" are the same size}, it tells your Cricut to cut every image the size you have selected.