Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

carolgreer1 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 5:25:12 PM(UTC)
carolgreer1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
does anyone know if nook tablet can successfully be used to download the handbooks or would i be better off with a new ipad mini...already have the nook tablet. i have the gypsy but never found it to be as user friendly ( maybe i am just dumb!).
mom2sidsquid Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 5:37:11 PM(UTC)
mom2sidsquid

Was thanked: 1157 time(s) in 768 post(s)
You can download the handbooks to your nook tablet. I actually save them to a sd card and insert the sd cart into the tablet (so I don't use the internal memory).

Good Luck
Sandy Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:20:50 PM(UTC)
Sandy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6039 time(s) in 2477 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mom2sidsquid Go to Quoted Post
You can download the handbooks to your nook tablet. I actually save them to a sd card and insert the sd cart into the tablet (so I don't use the internal memory).

Good Luck

This is how I do it also!BigGrin
LisaDePugh Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 9:20:32 PM(UTC)
LisaDePugh

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I am soooo glad this topic was posted! This is the primary reason I bought my Nook Color....last black friday! LOL! I've never been able to figure it out. I just last week figured out how to connect to the web. Would one of you wonderful ladies PLEASE post the step by step detailed sequence of how to do this? I, for one, would appreciate it so much. TIA! :)
bethdoc Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:23:17 AM(UTC)
bethdoc

United States

Was thanked: 1194 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LisaDePugh Go to Quoted Post
I am soooo glad this topic was posted! This is the primary reason I bought my Nook Color....last black friday! LOL! I've never been able to figure it out. I just last week figured out how to connect to the web. Would one of you wonderful ladies PLEASE post the step by step detailed sequence of how to do this? I, for one, would appreciate it so much. TIA! :)

Do you need directions how to load the handbooks onto your Nook color? I have over 100 on the internal memory of my Nook color. They do not take up much space at all.
First, you need to download the books from cricut.com that you want to your computer. Save them in a folder that you can easily access. I'm assuming you have a PC, not a Mac, don't know if this is the same for a mac.

Plug your Nook into your computer with the mini USB. Then open your Nook under My Computer, so you can see the files. One of them will be My files. Open My Files, and it will show any files you've added to your Nook (ie books, PDFs, etc). I would make yourself a new folder called Cricut handbooks, or whatever you would like to call it, so you can find your files later.

Open your folder on your computer with the cricut handbooks in it. I keep mine under My Documents. You can either drag and drop the entire folder onto your Nook by grabbing and dragging it over to the the Nook window on your computer. (it could take a while to transfer if you have a lot of handbooks), or you can drag each handbook PDF one by one into the folder you made on your Nook.
When you are done, close out your folder and make sure you properly eject your Nook when you disconnect the USB.
Then on your Nook, go to Library, then My stuff, then on the drop down menu pick My files. Open My files, and you will find your folder there (whatever you named it). You should be able to open your pdf files. I bought EZpdf reader for my Nook. I like it better than the one that comes on the Nook. There might even be better ones out there but I recently got an ipad so I'm not going to buy anymore apps for the Nook.

If you want to put them on an SD card, the Nook takes a mini SD card, you just plug that into the Nook and instead of putting the files under My files on your Nook, you would drag them to the SD card instead. If you have a card reader on your computer, you just put your SD card in there and drag the handbook files over, and don't even need to plug in the Nook. Then put your SD card into your Nook.

I find this the best way to do it to get your files organized the way you like so you can find them. You can download the books directly off the cricut website to your Nook. It is VERY slow, and the files will save to the My Downloads folder under My stuff, but you can't move them around or organize your files unless you plug your Nook into the computer and open it like a USB drive.
bethdoc Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:25:30 AM(UTC)
bethdoc

United States

Was thanked: 1194 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Originally Posted by: carolgreer1 Go to Quoted Post
does anyone know if nook tablet can successfully be used to download the handbooks or would i be better off with a new ipad mini...already have the nook tablet. i have the gypsy but never found it to be as user friendly ( maybe i am just dumb!).

I put directions in my post above. You don't need a new ipad for this, and the ipad mini doesn't have the retina diplay of the big ipad. It probably is a lot faster than the Nook, but I wouldn't buy it just for handbooks, since you can put them on your Nook.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:01:03 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1483 time(s) in 1180 post(s)
The main reason I bought a Nook color about a year and half ago was to load my handbooks onto it! LOVE it.

Oldest DD lives in another state, 857 miles away. I can take my Nook and my Gypsy and craft away at her house using her Expressions.
LisaDePugh Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:19:57 PM(UTC)
LisaDePugh

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 215 post(s)
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I love this message board. I would have tried to do it directly to my Nook instead of going through my computer first. This way I can have them saved on there in case my Nook ever bites the dust. Again, thank you.
Maggiesmama53 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:36:44 PM(UTC)
Maggiesmama53

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: carolgreer1 Go to Quoted Post

I miss the old message board that use to have all the cartridge layouts in a library that was just fabulous! Everything printed on one page instead of 6+! what price we pay for "new and improved" items!