Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<56789>»
JanisD Offline
#181 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:21:01 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1338 time(s) in 1020 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanneLee Go to Quoted Post
Hi Janis, so glad to hear that you got you got your new water heater installed and a DH and DS that could install it! Definitely makes one appreciate having water!(HOT water, too!)

LadyinRed I use this one: Cricut Search

Hi MaryAnn its nice to meet you!

Thanks JeanneLee, your so right on having water! As the old saying goes, never know what you have till it's gone. :)
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 11/21/2012(UTC)
lv2dance92 Offline
#182 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:43:36 PM(UTC)
lv2dance92

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1440 time(s) in 1133 post(s)
Abby was up most of the afternoon then i see she cut a third tooth her upper... she is in good spirits laughing and giggling but wouldn't sleep...

Ok I am going to try and post some of my cards
lv2dance92 Offline
#183 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:55:20 PM(UTC)
lv2dance92

United States

I have 2 Thanksgiving Cards, Birthday Card and some Christmas Cards

The Santa card will be for Abby I used red glittered cardstock from SU for his suit and DCWV Glittered White cardstock for the fur

Of course the teddy bears is from the Teddy Bear on Parade it is a cute cartridge

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:11:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2dance92 attached the following image(s):
Teddy Bear Cristmas.JPG
P1000744.JPG
P1000746.JPG
P1000747 - Copy.JPG
Larmabee Offline
#184 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:44:01 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Good afternoon/evening all
I put a homemade lasagna from the freezer at 300 to heat for supper while I went to run my boxing class. I came home to a dried out crispy mess. No one in the house had noticed that it was smelling overdone Glare . Oh well, it got eaten anyways!
I got my cuts from a Canadian swap I do today. Wow! Some beautiful work! I now understand why some people love their Imagine machines. If they weren't discontinued, I might consider getting one! The cuts done with the imagine were phenomenal.
Janis Hot water heaters can be a pain! We had to replace ours a few years back. We replaced it with an on-command system. It had a 10 yr warranty. The area we lived in had HORRIBLY hard water. We double checked with the company and water quality problems were even covered under the warranty! We had it changed once while we still lived there and were told the warranty started over with the new heater! Next time we need to replace, we will definitely go that way again!
Nancy I'm glad teething isn't a huge issue for little Abby!
Joy Sounds like a full day for you. Good thing you were home safe and sound before the rain.
It sure will take me a while to get used to all the increased (but wonderful) traffic on this post!
Take care
Laura
SandraB. Offline
#185 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:10:12 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 376 time(s) in 316 post(s)
BigGrin Hi everyone;
Didn't get on last nite, and oh my, what alot of reading to catch up onBigGrin! Dinner last nite was great...fun to go out socially with the girls from school. Bowling was cancelled tonite due to a gas line rupture near the bowling alley. Wasn't too disappointed as it has turned quite cold and I'm still chilled from two outdoor supervisions.

Nancy: your cards are super cute! Glad Abby isn't bothered too much by her teething. Glad you got all your cards ready to go...I've only got a few made.

Janis: we changed our hot water tank last year...it was about 10 years old, hope the new one lasts longer. We put in a bigger one than what was here.

Laura: isn't it amazing how no one can smell anything getting overcooked?BigGrin That happens here also

JeanneLee and others: thanks for the Cricut Search link. I checked it out and this is the new one:www.mycutsearch.com. It says they've moved their site to here. I didn't know such a site existedBlushing! Thanks also for updating our list. Hope all your appts went well and glad your ds is doing ok.

LadyinRed and Maryann: welcome from Alberta, Canada.

Joy: sounds like you had a busy day. Glad Megan got her dress

Sharon: the picture is soo cute! How come you are only going to school 1/2 days this week?

Hope everyone else is having a good week so far.
Take care everyoneBigGrin

2 users thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
lv2dance92 on 11/21/2012(UTC), JeanneLee on 11/21/2012(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#186 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:45:22 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 334 time(s) in 292 post(s)
Hi all.

Nancy, I love your cards! So cute! On my large list of things to do.

Janis, so glad your water heater is working and you have water. Last Saturday a warter main broke down the street and we were without water for about 6 hours. was so happy when it came back on.

Sandra, glad you had a nice time with your friends last night. it is nice to get out with friends and relax now and then. Rejuvinates you.

Welcome to all the new ones. This is a fun thread. So glad I joined it.

Talk to you all later!
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
lv2dance92 on 11/21/2012(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#187 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:48:17 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1338 time(s) in 1020 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
I have 2 Thanksgiving Cards, Birthday Card and some Christmas Cards

The Santa card will be for Abby I used red glittered cardstock from SU for his suit and DCWV Glittered White cardstock for the fur

Of course the teddy bears is from the Teddy Bear on Parade it is a cute cartridge

Nancy these cards are so nice. I love the santa cards, I'm partial to santa I guess. They all look great though. :)
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
DebbieScraps Offline
#188 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:21:08 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Nancy, the cards look great, and thanks for the offer to cut out some teddybears for me, will have a good look at the cartridge again :) I was interested to read that cut flowers are expensive in your part of the world too.

Well I went to the dentist today for a scale and polish and half way through I said to her that I thought she was going to pull a filling out and she laughed. Well a few minutes later, bingo, she pulled out a filling!!! Think she felt really bad!! I had to wait for my dentist to come in and he did a quick repair job for me, it couldn't be left until my appointment next week. So it ended up costing me a lot more money that I had bargained for Crying but at least it is done. I was only at the dentist yesterday, he did not expect to see me again so soon LOL.

Heard from DS, he is having a lovely time camping with his friends :)
 1 user thanked DebbieScraps for this useful post.
NJsharon Offline
#189 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:20:19 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Nancy, your cards are very cute. I also like the Santas best too, but they are all great!

Sandra, half days this week as it is Thanksgiving tomorrow & also parent/teacher conferences this week after school.

I was pretty upset as my student was out, yet again, yesterday. She misses so many days! So I was in a different class. I really hope she is back in today as the class has a Thankgiving feast & would be nice for her to participate in that & plus I would love to see the kids faces as they eat!

Stopped by Michaels on the way home yesterday & saw that they had the Black Friday specials out already! I browsed the cartridges (for $24.99) but nothing I really needed. Thinking now I should have picked up the folk art one, didn't realize it was going for so much on Ebay! Might pick that up today after school if they still have it. They also had out the E2 at the sale price too. So nice & so tempting!!!

Don't know if you all saw my post, but decided to sell my Imagine. I could really use the cash right now & it just doesn't get any use. So selling it on Ebay with the 13 cartridges I had bought, new mats, inks etc. Hope it sells for a decent amount.

The deal today for the Expression bundle is pretty good! $99 for the expression! If I didn't have a cricut I would jump on that!

Well, have a good day all!

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:21:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Online
#190 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:44:23 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1618 time(s) in 1297 post(s)
Oh Debbie, my mouth hurts for you! I had a crown put on last week. I don't handle the dentist chair very well.

Last night about 10 p.m. Jill decided to come home for Thanksgiving!!!! She has a friend who is a motorcycle racer (his team won the Baja 1000 last week!). He lives up here, but stays with her quite a bit when he is in that area. He is driving home today and she is coming with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't told anyone, only DH and I know. We decided to surprise everyone. She will bring Jeffie and leave him until Christmas when she drives back up. That was the hard part for her, leaving the dog. She will fly back home Saturday morning, so it is a short visit, but she has not been here for Thanksgiving since she moved to CA maybe five years ago.
Shelly Offline
#191 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:15:34 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 334 time(s) in 292 post(s)
Debbie, my mouth hurts for you as well! I HATE the dentist. I went yesterday and was told I need 3 crowns and a root canal as well as other stuff since its been awhile since I went to the dentist because I HATE the dentist. I need drugs to be able to sit there.

Joyfullycrafting, glad you get to have your daughter for thanksgiving! That will be so fun for you! Hope you get to spend lot of quality time together.

Sharon, Hope you can get your Imagine sold. I have one and don't use it much, but have decided that I am going to start using it more! I just bought a bunch of the patterns and a couple of art cartridges, so I really think I will use it more. Even if its just to print some paper. I did that last week to make some Thank You cards, and it was so fun!

In case I don't get on here tomorrow, HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!! If you are traveling, be safe.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
MOgoggingirl Online
#192 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:33:06 AM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 432 post(s)
My first name is Donna.
BigGrin
 1 user thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 11/21/2012(UTC)
PedalPower Offline
#193 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:30:22 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Oh, Debbie...so sorry about the dental work. I hate going to the dentist.

Joy--what a wonderful surprise!

Nancy--loved the cards!

Hello to everyone else!!!!

I spent the morning cleaning my house. I think I have all the groceries purchased for Thanksgiving. The house is "clean enough". Laundry is still going. Just waiting on the inlaws to arrive. I think I just heard a car door.....
 1 user thanked PedalPower for this useful post.
NJsharon Offline
#194 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:59:15 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Well my student was back at school today which is good as they had Thanksgiving activities & didn't want her to miss out! Was so cute to see them all dressed up in their paper bag 'Native American' costumes & headbands with feathers on them too! They ate apple sauce, corn bread, & popcorn. Was very cute.

So glad to be home now & no more work until Monday. Yay for a super long weekend!

Do the black friday ads come in the paper tomorrow, or is it today? I think it is tomorrow right? I might need to hit Kohls at midnight on Thansgiving I think!
joyfullycrafting Online
#195 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:06:48 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, I just had a crown put on last week. I still have a headache! I really tense up. DH had one,too. I have to get numb just to pull the temp off and put the new one on. And middle, who HATES needles, will have a cavity filled with no deadening just so she does not have to get a shot.

Sharon, the ads should come out today. DH has been stalking the internet for a week to find Black Friday ads. He is going to get a new computer. He NEEDS one. His is vintage.

My turkies (yes, two) are taking a nice long soak in the tub right now. Nothing like planning ahead for dinner! Flapper

I got A Quilted Christmas. They usually keep all of the carts behind the counter, so I just walked up, and kept thinking the supply was really low. The clerk looked it up and their computer said they had six. They had them at an endcap! That NEVER happens. Oh well.

I haven't told about Jill yet, but it is so HARD to keep quiet. Can't wait! It will probably be around 2 a.m. when she gets here.
lv2dance92 Offline
#196 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:56:50 PM(UTC)
lv2dance92

United States

Originally Posted by: DebbieScraps Go to Quoted Post
Sharon, thanks for the info, I have never bought anything from Etsy so not sure how to go about it. That price is quite high though but will keep it in mind.

My understanding is that the ruling is coming from PC that onlines can't send to Australia - they are trying to enforce that we have to buy locally but the problem is that we get so overcharged that nobody will buy cartridges locally. I will just stop looking at new cartridges and stick to what I already own.

Well had an exciting day today, after work I went with DD to look at puppies BigGrin BigGrin we went to the RSPCA and the Pound but they did not have anything suitable and then we had a look at a pet shop and they had some really cute ones. So I might have my first four legged grandchild soon LOL. All the dogs are mixed breeds, from the RSPCA they start from $400 and from a pet shop they start from about $500 - I dread to think what you would pay for a purebreed!!! she really wants a puppy and also it has to get along well with Jet as I will have to dog sit whenever she is away etc and we think that Jet will take to a puppy easier than an older dog. Of course I would have liked to bring them all home LOL.

I don't think DS has any phone service where he is as I have not heard from him Crying I know that the coverage is not very good in that area.

AHHH... I hope she gets a puppy too cute

I hope you hear from DS soon
lv2dance92 Offline
#197 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:57:56 PM(UTC)
lv2dance92

United States

Originally Posted by: NJsharon Go to Quoted Post
This is really annoying. I tried to log in about a dozen times using internet explorer (what I normally sign in with) & it wouldn't work. Had to use Mozilla Firefox to sign in. Grrr!

Wanted to post one photo of one of my girls. This is a sneak peak that the photographer posted, of Emily.

Makes me excited to see the rest. I really liked the photographer & can't wait to see the other pics!

So prettyBigGrin
lv2dance92 Offline
#198 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:59:56 PM(UTC)
lv2dance92

United States

Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
Good evening everyone, had quite the day here because our water heater pooped out & leaked all over our basement floor! Yuck wet, wet! My dh & ds spent quite a few hours down in the basement getting the new water heater hook up this afternoon.
I guess I'm not surprised that the water heater went out on us because it was about 20+ years old. I was on pins & needles watching my dh & ds hauling the old WH up the basement stairs.Blushing Crying those things are heavy & big.
Anyway dh took the water heater tank out to our local waste site which also has a section for scrap metal & they gave him a check for $22.00, I was surprised, thought he'd have to pay to get rid of it.

I'm glad I didn't have to wait a couple days before getting the new water heater hooked up etc. I was going bonkers just those 6+ hours without water...

Makes me think of all the poor people out on the East coast who have no homes, let alone water etc. I should be ashamed worrying about not having water for one day.

I think I would also worry not having any water.. glad DH and DS were able to install itBigGrin
lv2dance92 Offline
#199 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:03:22 PM(UTC)
lv2dance92

United States

Originally Posted by: everettmom Go to Quoted Post
Hi- from the Pacific Northwest.. i'm in Everett, WA which is just a little north of Seattle. Today.. it's raining.. no surprise of course..lol It's mother natures payback for 80 blissful days of no rain this last summer.

I started scrapbooking about 7 yrs ago. The company I worked for sold and moved everything to Canada- so my husband told me to get a hobby to keep myself busy.. little did he know what I was getting into.

I have 2 kids, my son (20) and my DD (12). I'm also a Girl Scout leader for the last 6 yrs. I love the girls in my troop. They are my little extended family. I'm also an ATA mom- (american Taekwondo association) my DD has been taking lessons for almost 2 years- so when i have time inbetween working, girl scouts, and TKD classes and competitions, i will try to squeeze in time for scrapping.

I've recently discovered Smash books.. love them.. it's my quick fix when i want to scrap but don't have a ton of time to make my pages look organized and pretty.

I also have 2 chihuahuas that are currently snuggled on my lap. They are my crazy little redheads (Izzy & Lucy)

MaryAnn

2 chihuahuasBigGrin OMG I use to have 2 when I was young mother and daughter I love them so much the the mother lived to be 18 yrs. old. and the pup was about 15 very tiny.

My mom cooked special just for them fresh home made chicken soup and steak
lv2dance92 Offline
#200 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:08:05 PM(UTC)
lv2dance92

United States

Originally Posted by: DebbieScraps Go to Quoted Post
Nancy, the cards look great, and thanks for the offer to cut out some teddybears for me, will have a good look at the cartridge again :) I was interested to read that cut flowers are expensive in your part of the world too.

Well I went to the dentist today for a scale and polish and half way through I said to her that I thought she was going to pull a filling out and she laughed. Well a few minutes later, bingo, she pulled out a filling!!! Think she felt really bad!! I had to wait for my dentist to come in and he did a quick repair job for me, it couldn't be left until my appointment next week. So it ended up costing me a lot more money that I had bargained for Crying but at least it is done. I was only at the dentist yesterday, he did not expect to see me again so soon LOL.

Heard from DS, he is having a lovely time camping with his friends :)

Wow!! if the dental Hygeniest (sp) pulled out the filling while cleaning she should have picked the tab up!
Glad you heard from DS
lv2dance92 Offline
#201 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:10:37 PM(UTC)
lv2dance92

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Oh Debbie, my mouth hurts for you! I had a crown put on last week. I don't handle the dentist chair very well.

Last night about 10 p.m. Jill decided to come home for Thanksgiving!!!! She has a friend who is a motorcycle racer (his team won the Baja 1000 last week!). He lives up here, but stays with her quite a bit when he is in that area. He is driving home today and she is coming with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't told anyone, only DH and I know. We decided to surprise everyone. She will bring Jeffie and leave him until Christmas when she drives back up. That was the hard part for her, leaving the dog. She will fly back home Saturday morning, so it is a short visit, but she has not been here for Thanksgiving since she moved to CA maybe five years ago.

That is great Joy it will be a nice surpirse for the family

Oh wait until Nick sees his younger brother
lv2dance92 Offline
#202 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:12:53 PM(UTC)
lv2dance92

United States

Just in case i don't get on Thanksgiving morning...

WISHING EVERYONE A HEALTHY SAFE THANKSGIVING
Larmabee Offline
#203 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:25:52 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Hello everyone!
Another day draws to a close.
At the end of the school day we had a power outage - guess it was a sign for me to go home! I was home about 10 minutes and the power come back up. I was kind of hoping it would stay off and it would be a cereal supper day.
I sell Regal as a side job and a huge order came in yesterday. I take it to school with me to distribute. Usually people wait until break time to come get their items, but not today. I started turning people away - I couldn't believe they would interrupt me with a student! Oh well
Sharon I did see your post. I haven't looked, so what is the going rate for an Imagine on Ebay? I had never really understood what beautiful projects could be done with one, until I got cuts from my last swap. Good thing they are being discontinued, or I would be wanting one!
Debbie How horrible! Was the hygenist upset by her accident? I would have thought there would have been something could could do to make it up to you.
Joy My mom also will go without the needles to have work done. I just can't imagine!
Pedal I love your comment about the "house is clean enough"! That is my philosophy with house keeping too.
Take care
Laura
JeanneLee Offline
#204 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:03:58 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Thanks, Donna...Smile

Debbie, I agree with Nancy...that hygienist should help pick up that tab!

Joy, sorry your dental work gave you some problems. You sound like me, I am always *white knuckled* when I sit in the dentist chair...speaking of that I should make an appt! Sad

Nancy, the cards you created are adorable! Love the bears...and so would my mom. She always had a thing for bears. May have to look for that cart.

I made three pies today...two pumpkin and one apple crumb. I made a pecan pie with a homemade butter crust(my first!) and it turned out wonderful. We couldn't resist and we cut into it tonight! Tongue

Our oldest DS is coming to spend the night tonight(his GF flew to see her brother our midwest)and go to our DD's inlaws grandma's house. Then both oldest and youngest head for the mountains of VA to camping. What will I do all weekend!?

Thinking of our DS tonight and his Thanksgiving, wondering what the Marines do with the Recruits on Thanksgiving?Unsure

Enjoy your evening and have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families!
SandraB. Offline
#205 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:21:05 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 376 time(s) in 316 post(s)
Hi everyone;
It was my 1/2 day at school today (probably my last as my hours are supposed to be changing). Made a quick trip into Michael's and got the FolkArt Festival cart, some pkgs. of cardstock and a new calendar. Got home, had a quick bite to eat then went out and shovelled the driveway and then headed off for coffee with some friends. I didn't mind paying $27.99 for the cart, don't think it's worth 59.99 though. Found out today another girl is leaving...so maybe another supperBigGrin!

Debbie: sorry your dental trip didn't go so well, hope things are better now. Glad your ds camping trip is going well. Has your dd found her new puppy yet?

Joy: glad your dd is coming home...it will be nice to have her home for Thanksgiving. Hope your dh can find the computer he wants

JeanneLee: glad your ds is making his way home also. Your pies sound yummy!

Sharon: glad your student was back again. Your little Thanksgiving Festival sounds like fun. I bet they looked cute in their little outfits. Glad you were able to find enough paper bags. They are nearly impossible to get here.

Wishing all of you guys a Very Happy Thanksgiving. Emjoy your turkey dinners and have fun Black Friday Shopping. Alot of stores here are now jumping on the Black Friday bandwagon.BigGrin
Better run, take care everyone

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 11/22/2012(UTC)
DebbieScraps Offline
#206 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:59:30 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, wish it was a holiday that we celebrated here!

The dental hygienist did feel really bad about my filling being pulled out LOL, in all fairness there must have been an underlying problem with it for it to have happened so I can't reallly blame her but it was just annoying that I had to pay out money that I was not budgeting for but at least it is now done and I don't have to worry about it - I hate going to the dentist!!! If losing my filling that way was not embarrassing enough, I have a problem with those rolled up cotton wool balls that they put in your mouth, they literally make me want to throw up. I can't tell you how close I came yesterday to throwing up, the dentist got it out as quick as possible LOL but then when I stopped heaving wanted to put another one in!!! Yuck, yuck, yuck!!!!

I told DS that I wanted an sms from him everyday just to know that he is safe and well and he has been very good about sending one and I am amazed at how long they are, telling me all his news, even to what he is eating for meals LOL. That boy knows his Mom too well LOL, he knows I like the details!!! He really seems to be having a good time with lots of fun activities.

The new puppy will only be purchased next week some time, as DD is going away for the weekend. Can't wait to see what she decides on.

Joy, that is cute that Jeffie is coming to you for a holiday BigGrin it must be so difficult to keep the secret but at least it is not for too long and I am sure everyone will be thrilled.

DD was going to a special function this weekend with Heston Blumenthal as the star guest and he has sadly had to pull out from attending as two of his top chefs were killed in Hong Kong on Tuesday in an accident. Perfectly understandable that he would cancel due to the sad circumstances but nevertheless DD is very disappointed at not seeing him. Hopefully he will plan another visit here soon.

NJsharon Offline
#207 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:00:53 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Joy, that is exciting that he is coming! You will have a very special thanksgiving!

For anyone interested in the Imagine, I updated my listing that I will ship now too. I did have it pick up only (as it was so heavy & was worried it would get shaken around too much) but had enquiries about shipping it already.

I have spent all morning trying to figure out how to price the shipping, but it is sooo confusing! It weighs about 44lbs altogether, but it is 2 packages & cannot figure out what to charge as a flat rate & only allows on Ebay for you to enter 1 package weight online, so just added a note saying they will pay actual shipping rate when I ship!

I did put a note saying it works perfect right now, but the buyer will need to recallibrate it when they get it. As I was worried about it getting jolted around when getting shipped!

Anwyays...!

Turkey is in the oven, filled with homemade stuffing. Green bean casserole, sweet potatoes & baby potatoes with rosemary will be going in later.

DH put up some Christmas decorations late last night, was very surprised as he is normally a grinch & doesn't want to decorate too much or does it last minute! Looks so pretty with some tinsel & lights around the house downstairs!

joyfullycrafting Online
#208 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:22:38 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jill and Jeffie made it in the door about 1 a.m.! So good to see Jill. And Jeffie, too.

Then, DH was awake by about 4:45, got up and 5 a.m. and went to Kmart for a TV, but the tickets for them were all gone already when he got there, so he was back home by a bit after 6 a.m. Back to WalMart for their guaranteed sale.

BUT, we only got about 3 hours of sleep last night. I am about to crash.

I have a turkey in our oven, a turkey in Megan's oven (I had to get two small ones and I could not find a BIG one), dressing in two different crock pots. As soon as the turkey's are done, I am taking a nap. I am ready right now, but if I sleep now, the turkeys will burn. Flapper
NJsharon Offline
#209 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:19:44 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Joy, what is "dressing"... is that your name for stuffing or gravy?! Just wondered as that isn't something I have heard around here!

We are done with our Thanksgiving dinner. We ate around 1pm & everything came out great!

Posted a couple of pics on Facebook, of the family & then my plate before & after eating. I hardly eat anything anymore. LOL

I didn't realize KMart had sales starting today Joy! I may hit Walmart too, but Kohls is going to be my main stop at 12 midnight. Followed by Gymboree Outlet (that is about 10 min drive from Kohls). Then back home to go to bed & maybe back out for Walmart & Target later in the morning?? They are just maybes though.

MIL was pretty good so far today. She likes to compalain about everything, quite a lot. But she is 89 years old, so I have gotten used to her complaining & just nod, smile & listen to her. Hubby gets upset with her sometimes though, when she goes on too much.

Today the only thing that was a little annoying was her telling me about her bowel movements at the dinner table! Explaining how she needs to "stick her finger up her ass" to get the poop out & then it is little pellets! LOL Aren't you glad I shared?! Well if I have to hear it, you can all hear about my MIL's bowel problems! LOL

She is a sweetie at heart, just is lonely & set in her ways.

joyfullycrafting Online
#210 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:10:58 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Yes, Sharon. I guess I call it dressing when it is not stuffed in a turkey.

I did get a nap in, but not a long enough one. No one was watching Jeffie, and he came in with a mouse trap in his mouth.

I think it will be a long month between now and Christmas!