Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
GracefulGrammar Offline
#31 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:58:15 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1845 time(s) in 874 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PCGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone. The answer to your questions have actually been answered in several places. Unfortunately the answers do get buried in the message boards quite quickly. Hopefully you will all see this and be able to back up your Gypsy files. To back up the gypsy files you will simply need to create a file on your computer desktop. Once you have a file ready, connect your Gypsy to sync and allow Sync to pull up the screen which lists your projects. From there right click on your files one at a time and save them to your desktop file. Once they are all saved there you can also import them into your Cricut Craft Room Program. To do this you will start the Cricut Craft Room, then click on "My Projects". There will be an import option which will allow you to browse your computer for the file which you wish to import.
I hope that this helps!
-PCGena

I followed your directions step by step 4 times; and, the results are inconsistent. Sometimes it works, other times the results are a Zero K file. Batch transfers and a total back up won't work at all. The process you listed hasn't worked consistently in over a year!

Please address the 6 missing carts from CCR accounts..........

GracefulGrammar Offline
#32 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:28:35 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

BTT
LazyBee Offline
#33 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:20:47 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Was thanked: 638 time(s) in 305 post(s)
Yes it would be nice if this could be fixed. I tried again this morning and the drag drop method does not work. Everything is 0 kb. So we are not able to back up our files. I even tried copy/paste...nadda. I'm not sure why they would have disabled this feature...maybe to force us to design and save in CCR, as that is where they seem to want us to go to design. It was there once before so why not re-enable it?
 1 user thanked LazyBee for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 11/16/2012(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#34 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:10:09 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18983 time(s) in 8482 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LazyBee Go to Quoted Post
Yes it would be nice if this could be fixed. I tried again this morning and the drag drop method does not work. Everything is 0 kb. So we are not able to back up our files. I even tried copy/paste...nadda. I'm not sure why they would have disabled this feature...maybe to force us to design and save in CCR, as that is where they seem to want us to go to design. It was there once before so why not re-enable it?

Well, it could be that the "problem" wasn't being understood and they really thought we didn't know how to back up the files. Huh Maybe now, the issue can be resolved.

As for the free carts on the Gypsy being available in CCR, I'd heard that since it was a Gypsyr promo, that would be where you would be able to use them. . .on your Gypsy {even though they were available in CCR at one time}. IDK, kinda makes sense. But I sure would like to be able to use those "free" carts in CCR since I don't really use my Gypsy. At least I can design with them in CCR, save it as a .gypsy file and still transfer the file to my Gypsy.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:12:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GracefulGrammar Offline
#35 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:52:59 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Well, it could be that the "problem" wasn't being understood and they really thought we didn't know how to back up the files. Huh Maybe now, the issue can be resolved.

As for the free carts on the Gypsy being available in CCR, I'd heard that since it was a Gypsyr promo, that would be where you would be able to use them. . .on your Gypsy {even though they were available in CCR at one time}. IDK, kinda makes sense. But I sure would like to be able to use those "free" carts in CCR since I don't really use my Gypsy. At least I can design with them in CCR, save it as a .gypsy file and still transfer the file to my Gypsy.

I sent emails, I called......... I explained the backup problem more than once......and others have told me they also have.

If updates were thoroughly tested before they were posted a major problem/bug like this would have been avoided.......

Edited by user Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:58:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GracefulGrammar Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 6:43:39 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

btt
Debbie10 Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 3:47:25 PM(UTC)
Debbie10

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
BTT. Still waiting: a fix, a comment, something. I have not updated my gypsy in forever as afraid will lose some files this senile old brain will not be able to duplicate. Have a gypsy waiting in the box in case I ever do get to update and it completely kills my gypsy, but getting closer and closer to giving up on everything.
CricutMallie Offline
#38 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 4:27:45 PM(UTC)
CricutMallie

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 1151 time(s) in 214 post(s)
Char (and all),
I've seen the posts, I've passed along what I could to try to get an answer for you, and I would revert you for now back to Gena's post--many times things get answered here, and then buried in the amount of posts. Again, we are moderators and facilitate communication from Provo Craft to our consumers and vice versa-- that doesn't mean that we always have an answer, but we'll do our best to get an answer for you.

We are aware of issues that consumers have reported while using their Gypsy. It is difficult to determine how to assist everyone with one magic response-- it's not always one size fits all. It is best to phone Customer Service for assistance with your individual machine issues.

Cricut® support hours

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MST)
Cricut® support: 801-932-1144
toll-free service phone: 877-7CRICUT
email: support@Cricut.com
fax: 801-794-9001

-Mallie @ Cricut
GracefulGrammar Offline
#39 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 8:39:28 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: CricutMallie Go to Quoted Post
Char (and all),
I've seen the posts, I've passed along what I could to try to get an answer for you, and I would revert you for now back to Gena's post--many times things get answered here, and then buried in the amount of posts. Again, we are moderators and facilitate communication from Provo Craft to our consumers and vice versa-- that doesn't mean that we always have an answer, but we'll do our best to get an answer for you.

We are aware of issues that consumers have reported while using their Gypsy. It is difficult to determine how to assist everyone with one magic response-- it's not always one size fits all. It is best to phone Customer Service for assistance with your individual machine issues.

Cricut® support hours

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MST)
Cricut® support: 801-932-1144
toll-free service phone: 877-7CRICUT
email: support@Cricut.com
fax: 801-794-9001

-Mallie @ Cricut

Please take out your gypsy and collect about 100 files from around the PC office and then try and back those files up to your computer so that you can share these files with friends or use these files in CCR. After you have tried this, you will see what we have NOT been able to do for over a year. It is really imperative to many of us that we be able to archive, backup and share our files and use them in CCR. At one time there was no problem doing this. Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving :-)

TIA

Scrapperdee Offline
#40 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 8:42:50 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4172 time(s) in 2392 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Please take out your gypsy and collect about 100 files from around the PC office and then try and back those files up to your computer so that you can share these files with friends or use these files in CCR. After you have tried this, you will see what we have NOT been able to do for over a year. It is really imperative to many of us that we be able to archive, backup and share our files and use them in CCR. At one time there was no problem doing this. Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving :-)

TIA

THANKS! This is true! People have been calling into support for over a year...and we still wait for a way to back up our files.

1 user thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 11/16/2012(UTC)
CherylfromOz Offline
#41 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 8:47:03 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 154 post(s)
PC just don't seem to get it, we use to be able to backup our files, PC came out with an update and stuffed that feature, we are working on it is all we hear, contact PC you say, I am sick of contacting PC, I am in Australia, I have phoned, get it right. I am so tired of this we are working on it is your standard reply
CricutMallie Offline
#42 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 6:56:22 AM(UTC)
CricutMallie

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 1151 time(s) in 214 post(s)
All,
I can offer many suggestions to our IT and Product Development team. Voicing issues is the best way for me to be able to pass them along. I do appreciate your time in bringing all of your issues to us, and its especially helpful when you share exactly what you're doing that isn't working with your machine.

You guys have a great Thanksgiving, too!

Mallie @ Cricut
GracefulGrammar Offline
#43 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 7:10:33 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: CricutMallie Go to Quoted Post
All,
I can offer many suggestions to our IT and Product Development team. Voicing issues is the best way for me to be able to pass them along. I do appreciate your time in bringing all of your issues to us, and its especially helpful when you share exactly what you're doing that isn't working with your machine.

You guys have a great Thanksgiving, too!

Mallie @ Cricut

I select a file on the Gypsy and drag it to my computer desktop......... the file is ZERO K. I select all the files on my Gypsy to do a batch backup/transfer and only one file is backed up to my computer, the rest of the files are not transferred. ZERO K files can't be used or shared as they contain no data.

Please get your Gypsy out and try this yourself....... Thank you so much responding!

2 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CherylfromOz on 11/17/2012(UTC), Scrapperdee on 11/19/2012(UTC)
CherylfromOz Offline
#44 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:11:10 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Australia

Was thanked: 249 time(s) in 154 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
I select a file on the Gypsy and drag it to my computer desktop......... the file is ZERO K. I select all the files on my Gypsy to do a batch backup/transfer and only one file is backed up to my computer, the rest of the files are not transferred. ZERO K files can't be used or shared as they contain no data.

Please get your Gypsy out and try this yourself....... Thank you so much responding!

this is what happens to me, I am so frustrated with this, I haven't used my Gypsy in months
GracefulGrammar Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 8:19:16 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

btt
GracefulGrammar Offline
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:32:47 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

I would like to be able to backup my Gypsy files for Thanksgiving. Any chance that's going to happen?