Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
SandyPalmer Offline
#91 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 1:47:29 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Daveshunny, I am so glad you posted here again! I miss seeing your work! Your card is so adorable! I just love it! Gorgeous papers too!

Britishgirl, nice clean, crisp feel to your card! Very nice!

Raquel, he's a cutie!

1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/20/2012(UTC)
britishgirl Offline
#92 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 3:20:39 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Here is the Number 2 card
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_0925.JPG
Joyful Carol Offline
#93 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 3:50:28 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Busy, busy time of year! I got my three birthday cards finished by Sunday. Whew! They are all similar and based loosely on Sketch #1 and I made them tag cards.
The ice cream sundaes in the first picture were cut from Birthday Bash cartridge. I embossed the dish with dots and gave them a little color with a dark blue marker. I embossed the whipped cream with swirls and highlighted them with some glossy accents. I stamped some flowers on the top of the tags to add some interest. In the second picture I cut the ice cream sundae from Kate's ABCs. I embossed the dish which I thought addad a lot of interest and dimension. I added some pink brads along the side. The chocolate syrup is highlighted with some glossy accents. I was pleased with the outcome of this marathon tag card making project. Although I hate to wait till the last day to get things made!
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Bash Ice Cream Sundae Tag Cards.jpg
Kate's Ice Cream Sundae Tag Card.jpg
Joyful Carol Offline
#94 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 4:05:20 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

I was determined to get one more card made before my cleaning spree to prepare for house guests for Thanksgiving and the weekend.(This means I have to clean up my crafting space because it doubles as a guest bedroom.) I also wanted to use at least one Gisele's sketchs and do it justice with it being her 1st time to host. Of course it morphed a little from the sketch because I made the fish bowl way too big. Blushing In case you can not recognize it, it started out as sketch #1.Wink
The fish bowl and fish were cut from the Animal Kingdom cartridge. The words Happy Anniversary were cut from the Sweethearts cartridge- shadow & base cut- at 1 1/4 inches. This is for some friends at church who have 9 children. (Maybe I should have done something with rabbits!) Oh, my was that rude?!? Unsure I stayed up too late Saturday night making my 3 tag cardsSleep and when I do that I am not always careful with what I say! Scared Enjoy! I will try to comment tomorrow when I am resting from cleaning and just in case I do not make it back on may you all have a blessed Thanksgiving!!! BigGrin
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Fish Anniversary.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#95 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 4:25:08 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2627 time(s) in 1384 post(s)
YEAH, I did it I got #1 done.
The gingerbread man is from the Gingerbread cartridge.

Papers are some samples I got when I had ordered some stuff

christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#96 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 5:16:27 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Joyful Carol I so love your card. Love the fishes on the front of the card. Very creative! Love it! :)

NanaDonna Love your use of the gingerbread men. Very cute! :)

Raquel You're new dog is such a cutie. I'm glad to hear you adopted. :) I'm a huge animal lover and can tell you from personal experience what a joy it is to adopt a dog from a rescue. :) I'm loving that cartridge Paper Doll Dress up so far. I'll definitely use it again now that I've realized what is on there at some point or another! :)
 1 user thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
Nancy J. Offline
#97 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:29:10 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Here are two more Christmas cards. As for the reindeer... I used 2 different cartridges to make this one... head from Animal Kingdom and the body from A Quilted Christmas

Cartridge: Animal Kingdom, A Quilted Christmas, Christmas Card-Let It Snow

Edited by user Monday, November 19, 2012 6:32:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nancy J. attached the following image(s):
IMG_0437.gif
IMG_0440.gif
SandyPalmer Offline
#98 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 8:47:48 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Britishgirl, I just love the simplicity of your Ho, Ho, Ho card! Great job on it!

Joyful Carol, those ice-cream sundaes look wonderful! Great job on those tags! Wonderful job on the Anniversary card too! Very creative thinking on that one!

Donna, adorable gingerbread card! Love the colors and papers you chose! I just love it all!

Carrottop, yay, more Christmas cards! Great feel to both of them! Great job on them both!

BingoLady Offline
#99 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 11:14:27 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 979 time(s) in 665 post(s)
Carrotop, , wonderful Xmas tag and cards they came out so nice. love those Santas.

Daveshunny, nice to see you and your wonderful cards again.

Bgirl, nice cards, love the white and especially the embossing on # 2.

Carol, great job on the tags, the ice cream looks so yummy. And the one with
the fish is so cute.

Donna , nice job, I like those little Ginger bread man.

I wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving
Gisele Offline
#100 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:33:52 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Britishgirl - nice "thinking of you" card and i really love your Christmas card. Love how you placed the deep red frame on the white embossed cardstock.

Joyful Carol - love your sundae tag cards and wonderful imagination and creativity with the fishbowl card.

Raquel - congrats on the new addition to your family...hope he wont chew on your crafting supplies!

Carrottop - wow! You have been busy in your craftroom! Two more great Christmas cards.

Donna - woohoo! You managed to get a card done. Great gingerbread man and nice coordinating papers!

Thanks everyone for playing along this week! And an early Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#101 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:53:12 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 752 time(s) in 583 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post
Britishgirl - nice "thinking of you" card and i really love your Christmas card. Love how you placed the deep red frame on the white embossed cardstock.

Joyful Carol - love your sundae tag cards and wonderful imagination and creativity with the fishbowl card.

Raquel - congrats on the new addition to your family...hope he wont chew on your crafting supplies!

Carrottop - wow! You have been busy in your craftroom! Two more great Christmas cards.

Donna - woohoo! You managed to get a card done. Great gingerbread man and nice coordinating papers!

Thanks everyone for playing along this week! And an early Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

Thanks for hosting this week and I'm sorry that I never got my cards done. I will save the sketches with the hopes of catching up. There's such a great variety of cards this week....just love them all.

Raquel....glad your knee is better....and enjoy your "puppy."

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Joyful Carol Offline
#102 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:06:02 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Great job ladies! I will try to get some comments done this morning before all of my busyness starts- things like grocery shopping to pick-up a few last minute items before company comes and defintely house cleaning—especially the guest room since it is my crafting room when no one is here. My, oh my, can I ever get that room in a mess!! Sorry to hear about everyone having trouble on here. I have not had trouble before except when those cute little faces disappeared and now everything is working great! Smile

Gisele- Thank you for the lovely sketches. I will save them for when I am in a tough spot and need a beautiful card and have no imagination as to what to do! I loved your samples. ThumpUp Sketch #1- I really thought the colors were great and your flower is gorgeous. Did you know what the color challenge was going to be or was that just a happy accident? #2 Cute ornament frame #3 Tag is so great for Christmas with the soldier!

Dee- Thanks for the color challenge. I may have gotten all of those colors into my fishbowl card. I just did not go back and check to make sure I got them all in. I came close (I think)

Sandy- I just loved your deer snowglobe tag! Sooooo cute! The reindeer's cute little face just makes me want to give him a big hug. Oh, by the way, thanks for proclaiming me the QUEEN! That is so awesome. I am now royalty! My family may not be able to live with me. Wait...why am I so pressed for time today with cleaning, shopping, and cooking preparations—Shouldn't I be ordering my servants around!!! Unsure Well, I love to cook and I live to do things for my family so I shall graciously be a humble Queen and do things for myself!!Tongue Sketch #2- How sweet that little caroler is!! Great interpretation of the sketch.

Britishgirl- I love the snowman tag card. I love snowmen, too. I know I would love getting a card like this. You probably just about have all of the colors in this card as well. Sketch #1 came out very nice. That little flower just adds some little sparkle to the card. Sketch #2 is fantastic. I love that embossed paper with the snowflake folder. I have got to get mine out and get busy using it. I especially like that lovely ribbon you used. It definitely just “ties” the whole card together!Wink

Raquel- Great work on Sketch #2 with the colors from last week. The ribbon and bows with the flower just adds the perfect touch to this card. Sketch #2 in the add colors came out great! I love the cars and the get well soon.

Turtlebug- What a festive little tag! Great Christmas colors, lovely snowflake with jewels, and I see that embossing in the back!!! Sketch #1 in the ad colors came out very nicely. Hard work trying to remember all of those colors. The little birdie looks so much like the birds in the embossing—definitely a good folder to emboss with for this card.

jjolynmill- Great to have you join us and you did a good job on your card. You will find out the sketches are just a guide and we do not always stick exactly to it. That is part of being creative!
It makes it so fun to share with these lovely ladies. They have always made me feel so welcome. They are also very helpful. I have learned a great deal by looking at their lovely creations.

Across the Pond- Sketch #1- Love this cute little girl. The one paper reminds me of a patchwork quilt. I love the added flourish—great idea for sure. Tag- I really love the bird. The round sentiment and frame around it is super!

BingoLady- Sketch #1 came out fantastic. Very close indeed to the sketch—much closer than my fishbowl! The snowflake embossing adds a great touch to this card. I just bought that folder and can hardly wait to use it! Sketch #2- There is that snowflake folder again! You are making good use of it on these cards. The ornament came out very lovely and looks great being the center of the card.

Shelbywoo- Great to see you again. That first card with the owls and two different types of embossing is just lovely. I love the fall colors with the Thanksgiving sentiment with the finishing touch of the twine. WOW! What a great collection of tags! Great work! The last one has to be from sketch #1 this week. The colors on this one look very pleasing and work very well together.

Christineramey- I could not see your card when I went to your blog!Crying The only thing that it should was a black rectangle, a white outline of an oval, and a white dash inside of the oval. Maybe I will have time to try later and it will work.

Carrottop50- Your turkey cards are soooooo cute! The boy turkey is so sophisticated in his bow tie and top hat. I think the paper you chose for the girl turkey's feather was so creative and just perfect! ThumpUp Your tag is very nice indeed. Is that stickles or glitter on Santa's beard. Definitely adds a nice touch to add some dimension and interest! Great Sketch #1 as well. You have been quite busy. You did great getting all of those colors in without it looking like you were trying to get a lot of colors into your card! I like your other two Christmas cards as well. The red and white is super. The embossing folder you used here was a very good choice. Keeping in just the two colors was an excellent idea. The snowman on the other is just very cute. You did a great job using the paper with all of the words on it. That can be tricky sometimes.

Daveshunny- What a sweet, innocent little card! I love it. You did a great job with all of the little details.

NanaDonna- I just love gingerbread men. It makes me want to start making my Christmas cookies. The paper you used worked perfectly with the gingerbread man as the center point.

Well, I hope I did not miss anyone! If you post after I do I may not be able to get back on to comment with such a busy day planned Which come to think of it I am way behind schedule!! Scared Yikes! I have got to get a move on it! HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Smile

3 users thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/20/2012(UTC), Gisele on 11/20/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 11/21/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#103 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:07:16 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 623 post(s)
Hi Ladies,
Gave this MB a HUGH break for a few days and it seems to be working for now...for how long...who knows??
Doing laundry and waiting for dryer to finish, so thought I would try this dang MB one more time. I really wanted to wish everyone a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving, may you all enjoy it with Family and Friends!
I will post my Sketch Card #2 here that I made since Friday, but not through Photobucket, instead just like I used to before (as an Attachment). Don't know what's going on with Photobucket, they just had a big makeover and I can't even find my album of cards. I won't have time to comment on each card this week, but they are all awesome as always!!

HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING!

My Sketch #2 Card:
HoHoHO & Snowflake - Artiste Cartridge (Snowflake cut on silver metallic cardstock)
Christmas Papers - From JoAnne's single sheet rack
Embossing - CB "Swiss Dots" and "Snowflakes folder"
First time I used wire ribbon, not sure if I should have, but I liked working with it. It stayed put very nice and the bow stands up nice, too!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:12:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug attached the following image(s):
HOHOHO1112.jpg
#104 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:36:08 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

[quote=Joyful Carol;1602215]Christineramey- I could not see your card when I went to your blog!Crying The only thing that it should was a black rectangle, a white outline of an oval, and a white dash inside of the oval. Maybe I will have time to try later and it wil

I'm not sure why it is doing this. I'm sorry you have had problems. Not sure why it is doing that. Maybe blogger is having its own issues too! Who knows. I have no other way to pos it. :(
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#105 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:56:15 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello everyone... please forgive my absence. I HAVE been here but the forum decided to give me some problems since posting the pic of the new puppy. I've received "error occurred" pop-up window, or "error in application" when trying to get on this thread, or "access denied" when I had just logged in!

Anyway... seems like I've gotten through ok right now. I'm going to copy everything I type in case it disappears when I click "post"

britishgirl: love love the contrast of the white white embossed paper with the red and green frames. The addition of the string adds a lot to the card

Joyful Carol: OMG... those tags are delicious! Wonderful job on those sundae treats. Love how that hot fudge syrup came out... it does look super real. The fish and the bowl details are amazing... what a cute couple!

*NanaDonna*:
gingerbread man is so cute and awesome papers you found to put together. Great colors!

carrottop50: two awesome Christmas cards... the red and white look so elegant... simple but elegant. The embossing makes the cut pop-out. The snowman card is so cute! Wonderful job with the cuts on this one

TurtleBug: wow... great Christmas card... so many different details. Love the papers you used for this
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#106 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:59:13 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Happy Thanksgiving

... to all of you that won't be here for the next challenge

... for the rest of you, I'll see you on here for Thanksgiving! BigGrin
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#107 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:09:12 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Here's my extra credit tag... I sort of followed the sketch for it

Cartridges used: Tags, Bags, Boxes, & More and Wild Card

The sentiment is heat embossed and although it doesn't show up on the picture... it's pretty much a perfect match to the the pink polka dots
Gisele Offline
#108 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:22:19 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Originally Posted by: Joyful Carol Go to Quoted Post

Gisele- Thank you for the lovely sketches. I will save them for when I am in a tough spot and need a beautiful card and have no imagination as to what to do! I loved your samples. ThumpUp Sketch #1- I really thought the colors were great and your flower is gorgeous. Did you know what the color challenge was going to be or was that just a happy accident? #2 Cute ornament frame #3 Tag is so great for Christmas with the soldier!

Joyful Carol - Thanks for your comments! I had no idea that Dee was picking those colours so indeed it was just happenstance!

Gisele Offline
#109 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:27:40 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Turtlebug – Ooooh! Love your Christmas card! Beautiful metallic snowflake! Great papers and wonderful details!

Raquel– Great extra credit and love the heat embossing! Looks really good!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#110 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:07:13 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 979 time(s) in 665 post(s)
Turtlebug , nice # 2 sketch like all the decor and colors.

Raquel , that is one nice colorful tag.

Gisele, thankyou, hope to have you host again.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#111 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:45:10 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 752 time(s) in 583 post(s)
OMG[/size].......I can't believe how long I just spent trying to get the Ad Colors ready to post using Photobucket!!!!!

I also tried to give all my old cards a proper name.....and the titles just kept going under the wrong photos!!!! I never could find a link to use!!!

After ages.....I saw in the top right hand corner where it gives you a chance to go back to the old version. This is a Beta one and not working right at all!!!! Maybe if I had read the directions.....but I thought I could save time by winging it. Mad

[center]Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.[/center]

[size=6]Gonna see my Granddaughter!!!!!

Dee

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:48:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#112 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:07:09 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2627 time(s) in 1384 post(s)
Happy Thanksgiving to all

I love all the cars and hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with friends an family. Not sure I will find much time to get back here over the next few days but will try and peak it.

I had a HUGE battle today with my Imagine and CCR spent hours trying to cut one cards.Mad Mad Mad Mad very very frustrating, then moved over to my Create with my Gypsy and had to try several times before i got my cut to workConfused Cursing Cursing Cursing I am trying to make a turkey for a centerpiece, will see how things go tomorrow. Will try and finish it up and post pictures tomorrow

Then today my SIL came over so he could make a birthday card for my daughter, how sweet, I helped him and it came out so pretty. He is a great guy.

Thanks Gisele for hosting and hope to have more time to play along next time.
AcrossThePond Offline
#113 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:52:04 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hope it's not too late to post comments on the last few cards of last weeks challenge.

Britishgirl - Nice clean cards for both #1+2

Raquel - Cute little puppy, did you need another challenge? Great tag too.

Carol - Lovely tag cards, cute anniversary card, too funny with the rabbit quote.

Nanadonna - Love your gingerbread card.

Carrottop50 - Great Christmas cards

Turtlebug - I just love your Christmas card, you saved the best for last. You can see lots of hard work in there.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/23/2012(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#114 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:41:25 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Turtlebug, I have to say, that is really a wonderful Christmas card! Perfect colors and paper!

Raquel, pretty neat looking tag! I don't think I have ever seen that shape before! Great heat embossing!

Donna, I am so sorry you are having problems with your imagine! It is very frustrating when any type of machine for cards stop working right! I hope it gets to running good for you very soon!
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/23/2012(UTC)
#115 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:38:00 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Hey guys I apologize that you guys are not able to see any of my posts. I realized late last night what was happening to blog. Apparently because I'm connected to Pisca and had it on my computer as well as to my blog, whenever I had deleted my pictures they went bye bye. Like completely gone! I was freaking out. I wanted to cry. All of my hard work gone! Yep!

Well, I got to talking to some of my writer friends on FB as I'm a writer by hobby. They suggested for me to use the recycle bin. The recycle bin on my computer had all of my pictures thankfully and I was able to restore them all! YAY! Long story of how it all happened but I have them back! I'm working with them today to try and put them back on my blog.

Lesson learned. . .never. . .. never use anything connected to google and blogger again! You will loose everything! I promise.

What typically happens and what happened to me what that my blog was overcrowded with my photos. So I had to free up space. When I did it deleted everything! :(

I'm restored now but some of my blog pictures I had deleted a while back. So I'm not sure how many pictures will be able to be saved. But I'm working to restore it and I have removed Pisca from my computer. I know of site called Pickmonkey that will use or Paint on my computer for further projects. What a lesson to learn!

Sorry for long post. This may also help with posting on the site. . .not sure but will see. Thanks for your patience.