Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Oleeka Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 11:48:08 PM(UTC)
Oleeka

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There are times when I cut out a shape and there are small cuts in the shape itself. For example, I cut out the space shuttle from the Destination cartridge and there was a semi-circular cut near the "window" and two cut dashs on the "exhaust" sections. What in the world are these cuts for? They are just cuts, so no background color comes through. Is there something that is suppose to be slide into the cuts? There are no explainations in the booklet that comes with the cartridge on what to do with them. This is driving me crazy 'cause they look like they should be used for something! Please help.
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:46:54 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2432 time(s) in 2179 post(s)
I don't have either of those cartridges, but if there are layers to these cuts, those marks usually help in placement of the layer. Smile
Olivia'sNana Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:39:44 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 933 time(s) in 461 post(s)
Like Sherry Kay stated, some are used as a guide for placing layers and others are meant to add dimension. Many will add inking along the lines to add shadowing/dimension, othes will use markers to add lines or stickles, etc. I have attached some examples of how I use them. The swimmer trunks I inked to highlight his "hiny"and fins,his face, I followed the lines for his eyes and mouth with a black gel pen, the floater, you can see the lines are used as a guide to place the blue layers but before I did that, I inked along the lines to give added shadowing/dimension. The zoo layout, the dark lines on the monkey and elephant are actually done with the cricut markers that i used in my E and then replaced with the blade to cut. The interior lines are that you see on the elephant and monkey are the lines you are referring to.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:47:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana attached the following image(s):
IMG_4730.JPG
IMG_4731.JPG
IMG_4567.JPG
Oleeka Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:00:09 PM(UTC)
Oleeka

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
BigGrin Thanks so much to the both of you! A particular thanks to Olivia's Nana; the pictures are really cute and very helpful. I can see doing a lot of the same things to the shuttle, particularly using a pencil that I can fade to create the impression of a dome, then adding a darker line where the bay doors should be. I thought that layering might have something to do with the cuts, though they didn't line up quite right on the shuttle's layers. That was one reasone I was so confused, but I'm not any longer! Thanks again.