Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Oleeka Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:56:10 PM(UTC)
Oleeka

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The primary reason I'm considering getting the Mini is that it cuts 8.5x11 cardstock instead of having to cut it down to 6 inches. Has anyone tried the Mini who has also used the Baby Bug (BB)? The Mini is only $99 right now and, though that's still a lot of money to me, if I'm going to make the switch, now would be a good time. (I thought I'd leave BB at work if I bought the Mini.) It sounds like BB can be upgraded to CCR via Design Studio, though I haven't done it yet. What are people's thoughts?
swatts66 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:01:03 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1049 time(s) in 575 post(s)
I got the Mini after even though i have an E2. Sorry that I can't help you with the Baby Bug part of the question. I had never gotten hooked up to CCR with the E2. Just read tooooooooo many horror stories. Mine was cutting fine, so why mess things up.

I got the mini because I travel a lot to my daughter's house to stay with my granddaughter for a week at a time. I thought the mini would be much more portable. I just love it. It was easy to connect to CCR and it is very portable. I got the shoulder bag and it fits right in there and is easy to carry on the plane. I still use the E2 and sometimes need the wider cutting area, but I really enjoy CCR and I probably use the mini a little bit more often.
Maxluv Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:07:31 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 463 time(s) in 352 post(s)
I had the BB and switched to an Expression since it cuts 12 x 12 you can also use other sizes of paper smaller or up to 12 x 12 well 12 x 24 I have that size mat as well. I don't have a mini because i don't like the idea of being tied to the computer to cut with it, i like the idea of the stand alone machine. I still have my BB actually have 2 of those they are quite portable since it has the handle to carry it around and not as heavy like an Expression. Cricut.com had an Expression for $99 it was a reconditioned one but had a 1 yr warranty.