Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ann Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:57:58 AM(UTC)
Ann

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 170 post(s)
I purchased the mini yesterday from the UK version of HSN but would like some info on it,bit of an impulse buy but i have been a cricuteer since the beginning and am frequented with all machines except the mini.Wondering have i made a mistake buying it as there are so many of you having issues with it?
Thanks for any advice.AnnThumpUp
armstre Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:17:36 AM(UTC)
armstre

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I love my mini...cuts beautifully. One advantage of the mini is that the cuts can be slowed right down for intricate designs while using CCR, which is not true with the other machines.
MaryStillman Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:27:22 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
I really like the mini and use it more then my expression.

The cons are you must either use CCR of a gypsy to cut from it. This is not a stand alone machine. That's not stated very clearly on the box. I'm not sure if there are any new machines (maybe the ecraft) that you can use as stand alone anymore. Because of that, I didn't make too much of not being able to use it as a stand alone.

The pros for me are the small size, it's very easy to find a place to put away, it's so small. The cuts are excellent. This machine cuts small intricate cuts much better then the expression or the original, which are the other two cricuts I have cut from. It is much quieter then the expression and original.

I just finished cutting some shapes from A Child's Year, and the tiny small circlish cuts came out perfect. These are cuts that were about the size of about 4 pinheads, much smaller then a fourth of an inch. Very tin.

Enjoy your machine!

Mary

flutterbyjudy686dc08a Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:48:51 AM(UTC)
flutterbyjudy686dc08a

i didn't think you could use the gypsy with the mini - do you just use the link cable as you would with other cricut machines? - ps i love my mini much more than the bigger machines
MaryStillman Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:24:04 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
Originally Posted by: flutterbyjudy686dc08a Go to Quoted Post
i didn't think you could use the gypsy with the mini - do you just use the link cable as you would with other cricut machines? - ps i love my mini much more than the bigger machines

Yes, use the cable that you normally use between your gypsy and your other cricut. I don't think that initially it worked with the mini, but it does now. You'll notice on your cutting mat sizes in the gypsy that there is now a choice for a 8 1/2 by 12 inch mat. That's the mat for the mini. Gypsy also gives you the option of speeds, 1 to 5, and multi-cut.

The downside is (and I forgot to say), there is no button that is only for loading the mat. The same button loads and unloads, so you cannot cut and then reload the mat. An example would be the hing method of print and cut that Cleversomeday came up with, cannot be done on the mini. Maybe someone has found a work around, but I'm not clever enough to think of something that works.

Mary

Ann Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:52:35 PM(UTC)
Ann

Thanks to everyone who has replied.It sounds like you seem very happy with the mini,i'm looking forward to it arriving now,already been dispatched,probably be here on mondayThumpUp
swatts66 Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:35:55 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1049 time(s) in 575 post(s)
I hope you will like your Mini. I love mine. I also love my E2, but use the mini more. I also use my gypsy with it, but I haven't had any trouble using CCR. I'm very pleased with my impulse purchase of the Mini!
Ann Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 4:25:39 AM(UTC)
Ann

I started with the baby when it first came to uk and over the years have had all the different machines,i recently sold my create,E2 and imagine,i am so much happier with my original expression and gypsy but missed having a small machine,hence why i have gone for the mini,a larger mat than the create but still tiny enough not to take up too much space in my craft room.
I have a slice too but am thinking of selling it as the maximum size it cuts is 4 inches,ok but sometimes would like the option of bigger sizes and it does'nt cut words out very well.
My mini is due for delivery on tuesday 27th,hope it comes sooner,i am not very good at waitingLOL
MamaC Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:19:01 AM(UTC)
MamaC

United States

Was thanked: 1541 time(s) in 640 post(s)
I really enjoy using my Mini. I had a little bit of trouble with the first one. However, the fabulous Customer Service at ProvoCraft sent another in its place and it works great!

The one thing that surprised me about the Mini was how it clicks up and down as it moves from cut to cut. Actually, this is a good thing! I believe this is why the Mini cuts intricate cuts so much better than the other machines.

I use my Gypsy with the Mini and have not had one little bit of trouble between the two communicating with each other! As a previous poster stated, I do have to press a button on the Mini for the mat to load, but the Gypsy tells me when to do so. No biggie!

Note to Mary...
There is a way to reload the mat without unloading. When the cut is finished and the screen says to 'unload' or 'go back to design', choose the 'go back...' function. This will take you back to the screen, but the mat doesn't move (only the screen). I use this to change out Cricut markers and pens, then to cut the image. Just click 'cut' and the blade will automatically go back to the beginning of the image and cut. Cool beans!!!

Here is a blog entry that I just finished using the Mini and Gypsy!
http://cccscraproom.blog...ypsy-joys-of-season.html

Congrats on getting a Mini! Mine sits on my worktable, just waiting to be used!
Carolyn
 1 user thanked MamaC for this useful post.
MaryStillman on 11/24/2012(UTC)
Ann Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:46:02 PM(UTC)
Ann

Carolyn,i love your blog,thanks for the inspirationSmile My mini came this morning,a lot quicker than i was expecting it,i have already done the Thank You card and am very happy with how clean the cuts are, looking forward to using it more when time allowsThumpUp
 1 user thanked Ann for this useful post.
MamaC on 11/24/2012(UTC)
MamaC Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:58:42 PM(UTC)
MamaC

United States

Was thanked: 1541 time(s) in 640 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ann Go to Quoted Post
Carolyn,i love your blog,thanks for the inspirationSmile My mini came this morning,a lot quicker than i was expecting it,i have already done the Thank You card and am very happy with how clean the cuts are, looking forward to using it more when time allowsThumpUp

Thank you for the kind words! Have fun using your little Cricut Mini!
crafteechic Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 10:27:14 AM(UTC)
crafteechic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
you have probably received your mini by now. i got one for my anniversary last month. i have to say, I love it!! i too have the original cricut and an expression, as well as a gypsy. i never use my gypsy because there are too many problems with it. the mini is the best thing ever!!! i love having the option of using the craftroom to create stuff. i use my expression to cut all my shapes, then i go to the mini and do my fonts and welding, etc. it was worth the $100 he spent. i had originally wanted a silhouette cameo but i was reluctant to get one bcz i didn't like the idea of having to use the internet to cut AND i didn't want to invest in another company's product. well, suffice to say, i have no complaints about using the mini and the computer. it helps me create cards a lot faster!!!