Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LindaStarks Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 8:42:46 PM(UTC)
LindaStarks

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 37 post(s)
does anyone know the latest update on the gypsy and if it is safe I haven't done it in a while also what is the latest cricut sync version and is it ok now? (I have 2.1.18 just downloaded it tonight)

Edited by user Friday, November 23, 2012 8:43:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MSSportsFan Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 10:44:09 PM(UTC)
MSSportsFan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just rec'd a new G days ago and updated via Cricut Sync. Rec'd a security breach error so had to format & restore. Ran the update again and all seems fine now.
LoriWright2 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:26:50 PM(UTC)
LoriWright2

Originally Posted by: mmhockeyfan070b1428 Go to Quoted Post
Just rec'd a new G days ago and updated via Cricut Sync. Rec'd a security breach error so had to format & restore. Ran the update again and all seems fine now.

I just tried to update my gypsy via Cricut Sync so I can link a new cart; and I'm getting that security breach error too. Angry How do you format and restore; and will I lose all the cartridges that are currently loaded?

Thanks! BigGrin
MamasScrappin Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:49:44 PM(UTC)
MamasScrappin

Was thanked: 694 time(s) in 631 post(s)
I was getting the breach error also and just turned off my virus software temporarily and reran Gypsy Sync and that worked and my gypsy is now updated.
lptollette02e31867 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:12:39 PM(UTC)
lptollette02e31867

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LoriWright2 Go to Quoted Post
I just tried to update my gypsy via Cricut Sync so I can link a new cart; and I'm getting that security breach error too. Angry How do you format and restore; and will I lose all the cartridges that are currently loaded?

Thanks! BigGrin

Follow the directions in the below and let us know the outcome.

Section 51 in 232

http://main.cricut.com/c...TIPS-FOR-CALLING-PC.aspx
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:17:20 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LoriWright2 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks! BigGrin

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are getting the security breach error. It sounds as though the update did not go through completely. You should call customer service at 877-7crixut so that we can guide you through properly updating your Gypsy. There are three different ways to clear this error depending on when you experience the Security breach error. If you do require the format and restore you will most likely not "lose" the linked cartridges. If, for some reason, you do not show your linked cartridges after the format and restore you will still be able to relink the cartridges. I hope that this helps!
-PCGena
Scrapperdee Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 8:28:25 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4172 time(s) in 2392 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lptollette02e31867 Go to Quoted Post
Follow the directions in the below and let us know the outcome.

Section 51 in 232

http://main.cricut.com/c...TIPS-FOR-CALLING-PC.aspx

This link does NOT work for me.

If you have to restore, you'll lose all your FILES too! I need to update my G BUT because there's no way (that actually WORKS) to back-up the files, I'm very hesitant.

Edited by user Saturday, December 01, 2012 8:30:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lptollette02e31867 Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 12:07:42 AM(UTC)
lptollette02e31867

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post
This link does NOT work for me.

If you have to restore, you'll lose all your FILES too! I need to update my G BUT because there's no way (that actually WORKS) to back-up the files, I'm very hesitant.

Follow this step

ATTN: TROUBLESHOOTER GUIDE/TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND TIPS FOR CALLING PC!!!!

Post 232
Section 51
Security Breach 2

Reformat and Restore the Gypsy. If it does not work and it is under warranty, call PC for a replacement. If it is not under warranty, call PC as you will probably have to purchase another G to have it given the serial number of the old Gypsy so you can re-link your carts that is if you have done so.

Reformatting the G:

First, connect your go to the electrical outlet and the computer. Put your g on the welcome screen and backup your files.

Backup your files by:

Create a folder on your computer for the backup.

Open sync

Right click on the projects that appear in window pane,

A window pops up,

Click on select all,

Right click again,

Click save projects to and select the designated folder.

After you backup your files, click help at the top of the sync window, click troubleshooter which brings up the following.

If you are experiencing an issue with you Gypsy, answering these questions will aid you in restoring you Gypsy to working order. Would you like to proceed?

Answer Yes

Are you missing cartridges or does your Gypsy sometimes behave unexpectedly when you select a certain cartridge?

Answer No

Does your Gypsy sometimes close the open application without warning?

Answer No

Does your Gypsy start up and let you select an application to launch?

Answer No

Then it is going to tell you that you are about to erase everything on your g select Yes. A window pops up that will tell you to turn off your g and perform the recovery reset by holding down the pan, menu and power all at one time. Follow the directions as it might take about a little than a hour. When you get to the content part, it is going to go slow but you track its progress by gauging the line with the words above the green update line. If you do not have the Imagine, uncheck the Imagine boxes so the app will not be added to your Gypsy which will prolong the update.

Scrapperdee Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 5:13:12 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4172 time(s) in 2392 post(s)
The back-up process as you have here has NEVER worked for me....and so I wait...to be able to back up my files so I can update my G!

and we still need an answer to the OP's question - is it safe to update our G!

Edited by user Monday, December 03, 2012 5:15:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified