Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Scrapblu Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:23:43 AM(UTC)
Scrapblu

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi all! Hope someone can help. I decided yesterday to update my E2. Downloaded the latest Sync. It goes out and finds my E2 but then goes to "Connecting to E2. It started this at 1:30 yesterday afternoon and is still saying that. Any ideas on what is wrong? What should I do? My E2 has been finicky ever since I got it. Half the time it won't cut with CCR, then if I try using the cartridge without CCR most of the time it won't recognize my cartridge and I get error messages. I'm so frustrated with the E2. I'm about ready to go find a regular E! It seemed to work so much better than the E2!

Thanks
Bonnie
Cricut Dani Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 9:59:17 AM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapblu Go to Quoted Post
Hi all! Hope someone can help. I decided yesterday to update my E2. Downloaded the latest Sync. It goes out and finds my E2 but then goes to "Connecting to E2. It started this at 1:30 yesterday afternoon and is still saying that. Any ideas on what is wrong? What should I do? My E2 has been finicky ever since I got it. Half the time it won't cut with CCR, then if I try using the cartridge without CCR most of the time it won't recognize my cartridge and I get error messages. I'm so frustrated with the E2. I'm about ready to go find a regular E! It seemed to work so much better than the E2!

Thanks
Bonnie

Hello Scrapblu,

It does sound like your antivirus may be interfering with our program. We would like to recommend contacting your antivirus provider to make sure that our programs are added to the exception list including CCRBridge.exe, Cricut Sync, Cricut CraftRoom, as well as Adobe Air. We hope this information helps.

If after doing this troubleshooting process it does not fix your issue then would we would like to recommend that you call the number below where a representative will be happy to walk you through further troubleshooting.

-Cricut Dani

support@provocraft.com
1-877-727-4288 Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST
brameliam629a8580 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 6:55:08 PM(UTC)
brameliam629a8580

Mad I am having the a sync problem as well. My error message is: device detected but it is not responding. I have tried everything toe resolve it but nothing. This is very frustrating. any help??
sarahbees Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 2:24:35 PM(UTC)
sarahbees

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Angry I'm having major issues with Cricut Sync on my E2. Talked to support off and on yesterday afternoon and this morning. The library files won't install and I even left it overnight. Someone from level 2 tech support will call me maybe this week or the next. WHO KNOWS! Frustrating when my machine is barely a week old. Cursing I don't have any antivirus program on my Mac nor does husband on his Windows machine. Everything is set to windows 7 mode and all the proper exceptions in the firewall are as well. Craft Room sometimes works, sometimes not. Get it together Provo Craft!
 1 user thanked sarahbees for this useful post.
adoswel5dfa47a2 on 11/10/2012(UTC)
LJ Raiche Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 10:18:28 PM(UTC)
LJ Raiche

Have you figured out what was wrong? Mine does the exact same thing with my Mac, it makes it through the first update part, but then sits there at initializing library and have tried several times leaving it connected for several hours and overnight with no progress.
swatts66 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:20:24 AM(UTC)
swatts66

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1059 time(s) in 579 post(s)
Good luck y'all. I got an E2 last December. I never even bothered to update it or try to connect via the computer. Too many people were having problems. I use it as a stand alone machine. Then I got the Mini machine and the Gypsy. I can use the G without trying to connect to CCR or updating. I love CCR and it works fine with the Mini but I'm staying far, far away from updating my E2. When it ain't broke, don't FIX it.
clay.dugger96ad2fb3 Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:56:34 PM(UTC)
clay.dugger96ad2fb3

Here's the thing: If you are using a Mac, the update will not be complete, or successful.

Provocraft is not devoting the resources to the Mac using community.

If you want the updates to work better, find/borrow/buy a PC to use. That will increase your odds.

This straight from a Cricut Support Representative (Matt).
elizabeth@flowerchilddesigns.com Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:48:17 PM(UTC)
elizabeth@flowerchilddesigns.com

United States

I read the last comment about Provo not devoting any resources tot he mac community. They should be if that is true. There are a lot of artists, such as myself, that use a mac and we want to create also. I just bought an E2 several days ago and am having problems syncing and using the CCR. It keeps freezing or not connecting. it cost me a great deal of money and I'd like ot be able to use it.
LJ Raiche Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 12:23:58 PM(UTC)
LJ Raiche

I called ProvoCraft and they tried to walk me through what could be going wrong and were unsuccessful and then they set it up for someone to call me and take over my computer from their end and they were successfully able to sync and update my Mac and it did not take long at all. I only had to be on the phone for a few minutes and then I just had to watch for one spot in the sync/setup process to do what she had asked me to do to my machine. Also, I made mention to the fact about the Mac comment and they said that is not true at all they just don't have as many resources for Mac users. I would highly recommend calling them and then having them take over your computer if they cannot get it over the phone. Hope this helps.