Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

31 Pages«<2324252627>»
grandmaJ Offline
#721 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:23:58 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 769 time(s) in 639 post(s)
Good Thanksgiving Morning to you all!! Hope the turkey is cookin and the potatoes are mashed!

Teri, you brought back such good memories! I remember playing with boxes as a child. We never got very many big ones but the fun I had with them!! They always seemed to disappear after a day or two though...Glare About the time my dad burned trash...Glare Playing with boxes is another one of those concepts Don has never understood! He must of lead such a sheltered life as a child!! LOL!

I, and hopefully Don, are off to the farm today for Thanksgiving lunch. He is a ittle hesitant to go because it will be sooooo loud, and the whole not smoking thing this year will not be easy for him. We talked about it some last night and I told him I would rather he didn't go then to start smoking again because of it! (when the noise started getting to him in the past he would go out to his truck and smoke!)

I better get off here and get something done before we have to leave. Have Happy Thankgving everyone! (especially my 2 Secret Santa Sisters!!)
 1 user thanked grandmaJ for this useful post.
Beach_Bum on 11/27/2012(UTC)
Heart2hand Offline
#722 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 4:41:15 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hello Ladies....

I'm crafting today, ALL DAY, to finish up my swaps....I guess I wasn't aware of the timing passing soo quickly on this swap....KICK IN TO HIGH SPEED....the 30th wasn't the date I thought to ship....UGHHH...NO WORRIES, SS....you will enjoy this fabulous box of treats!!!!

HUGs
rhonda
grandmaJ Offline
#723 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 3:54:55 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

OH MY GOLLY....WAIT TILL YOU ALL SEE WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got my box from my Secret Santa Sister, and, well, it was so heavy and I just couldn't resist tearing into it!! And now all I can say is OH MY GOLLY.....I must of been a really good girl this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't had a chance to take pictures yet, been a busy busy day for me. Went and did some shopping this morning (not until after the busy rush!), then came home and put a turkey in the oven,made stuffng, and then went to the local vet to get Bitsy's stitches out of her bad eye, then did some more cooking and now am checking in to let Jackie (Aden's Nana) know my box came safely! I can't beleive everything she sent me, and am in awe of her handmade things! OMG...my chin is still on the floor! And all I can say is, when I post the pictures, there will be NO DIBBS as this stuff is ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank-you soooo much Jackie! I love it all!!!! Can't wait to be your partner in a swap someday that we can get to know each other better! That is the one drawback to secret sister swaps!! It is too dark to get good pictures of my goodies now (and I want to wipe my drool off it all!) so i will take pics in the morning and post them. I can't wait for you all to see what all she made me, and got for me! And I know pictures won't do it justice!!
Got to go finish fixing dh his leftovers (which are really fresh, but since we don't fix Thanksgiving dinner he doesn't have left overs so being the nice wife I am I am making him some!)
Have a good evening everyone and I hope you have all recovered from Thanksgiving dinner and Black Friday shopping!!
Aden's_Nana Offline
#724 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 5:17:06 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Janice/Grandmaj,

I am so glad that you liked your goodies and that they arrived safely to you. I really enjoyed having you for my SS. I hope you enjoy all of your goodies and that you get some good pictures with all of your family this Christmas to put in your album.

I hope Bitsy is doing well and enjoying her treats.

Jackie
M&KGrandma Offline
#725 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 6:57:32 PM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Happy Day after Thanksgiving!! Hope everyone had a wonderful, relaxing day! We had a wonderful day, Jenn and Bryan were here and of course, Joe, Randi and the kids. The weather was fabulous... almost 60!!!! The kids were outside playing and riding bikes, the guys smoked the turkey... it was awesome!! Then Randi and Joe went to her aunt's house, brought the kids back around 9:00 and they spent the night again. Kait was out like a light, but Matthew had this thing about the fact that he wanted to "go to Black Friday" !!! I tried to explain how crowded and busy it is, but he just kept saying, but you get really good deals!!!! Ahhh... the joys of TV!!!! LOL!!!! So I promised him I'd take him to Target later in the day. We left about 10, and it was crowded but not too bad! I bought him Pokeman cards and Kaitlyn a Hello Kitty art kit and we came home!!! Bill left at noon for hunting and will be gone until Tuesday. The bad part is I have to work Monday and Tuesday, but at least I can take stuff to do! Soooo... tomorrow is my decortating for Christmas day and finishing swaps!! This one I can finally say is DONE!!! I finally found two things I was looking for and was afraid I'd have to leave out! So I'm wrapping it all up tonight and will send it off in the morning!!!!!
Love the boxes received so far!!!! And can't wait to see pictures!!!!
Waiting for my son to come and pick up the extra stuffing I just made for the guys at deer camp... then I think I'm going to bed!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Edited by user Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:07:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Heart2hand Offline
#726 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:24:15 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hey Secret Santas....

Teri...sounds like a great time with the family. Enjoy some time for you too.

GrandmaJ...can't wait to see what Jackie did for you....I rec'vd an altered box from her and OMG...I KNOW her work is beautiful....enjoy it all.

I'm about done with this swap as well...then it's wrap time and out the door....lol...I sure hope my SS enjoys her box of treats....

HUGS
rhonda
Heart2hand Offline
#727 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:25:24 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hey Secret Santas....

Teri...sounds like a great time with the family. Enjoy some time for you too.

GrandmaJ...can't wait to see what Jackie did for you....I rec'vd an altered box from her and OMG...I KNOW her work is beautiful....enjoy it all.

I'm about done with this swap as well...then it's wrap time and out the door....lol...I sure hope my SS enjoys her box of treats....

HUGS
rhonda
grandmaJ Offline
#728 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:04:41 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning Secret Santa Sisters!! Going to post my pictures now. Just remember, NO DIBBS, and since you will drool, please get a towel!!

First picture is my beautiful card! White on white on white on white, it is so pretty!!

Second picture is some of the goodies!! Beautiful tags, a crochet angel that is just like the one I used to have only smaller, so it will go on my tree to be a forever reminder of my one from grandma! Also a couple of metal ornaments...Jackie, did you paint them too?

Third picture is some little pearls, pop dots, a copic marker (the green will come in handy as I do some holiday coloring!) and the MINI BOOKS CARTRIDGE!!!!!!!! I have wanted this cartridge!!! Can't wait to get to use it!!

Fourth picture is beautiful laces and buttons,cardstock, and TWO refills for my Artbin magnetic dies case!!

Edited by user Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:12:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

grandmaJ attached the following image(s):
PICT1637.jpg
PICT1636.jpg
PICT1639.jpg
PICT1641.jpg
grandmaJ Offline
#729 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:07:47 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

A here is my mini (?) album Jackie made. This is when you want to get those drool towels handy!! The more I look at this, the more detail I see, and the more places I notice that open or pull out! It is just absolutely beautiful!!

PICT1642.jpg
PICT1643.jpg
PICT1644.jpg
PICT1646.jpg
PICT1645.jpg
PICT1647.jpg
PICT1648.jpg
PICT1649.jpg
PICT1650.jpg
PICT1651.jpg
grandmaJ Offline
#730 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:14:06 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

(sure hope these pictures are all showing up!!)

rest of the mini....
PICT1652.jpg
PICT1653.jpg
grandmaJ Offline
#731 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:15:21 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

(sure hope these pictures are all showing up!!)

rest of the mini....
PICT1652.jpg
PICT1653.jpg
PICT1654.jpg
grandmaJ Offline
#732 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:18:39 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

grrrr......I don'tknow if it is this website or my computer but something is going crazy here!!

PICT1655.jpg
PICT1656.jpg
PICT1657.jpg
PICT1658.jpg
PICT1659.jpg
PICT1660.jpg
grandmaJ Offline
#733 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:22:49 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

And some treats for Bitsy and I while we scrapbook!! (mine are the m&m's...she doesn't get chocolate!!)

Jackie, I want to thank you again for the wonderful box! I love it all and am just overwhelmed by the beautiful things you made!! They mean a lot to me and I hope I can fill the album with wonderful family memories this Christmas!! Thanks again!!

Edited by user Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:23:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PICT1661.jpg
cricutjunky Offline
#734 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:24:25 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Wow what a Great Mini. What a great box, Awesome you got a Cart! and I love the angel, great stuff.
M&KGrandma Offline
#735 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 9:19:28 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Oh pick me up off the floor... that is one gorgeous album!!!!!! Fabulous, fabulous job Jackie, and even though I want to whine and cry about no dibbs, it DID go to a wonderful person who deserves it!!! Janice, have fun with it all!!! I must admit, I've never seen that cart before, how cool is that??????? Wonderful, awesome box!!!!!!
I am on my way out the door to send mine out!!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugs,
Teri
DonnaSchnees Offline
#736 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:22:56 AM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Having Thanksgiving today with my family. Waited for my brother to get his son ( he is 2) to have him with us.

Will be wrapping gifts today for my SSBigGrin .
scrappinchic Offline
#737 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:36:24 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Afternoon ladies!

Wow! GrandmaJ enjoy your box from Jackie. That mini album is gorgeous! Love that cart. Heck I love all of itLove !

Jackie you rocked GrandmaJ's box! Love it!

My SS's box should be there today....well I think! I might should check the DC#Unsure !

I am heading out to do more shopping today! I'll stop in tonight!

Have a great day!

Edited by user Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:55:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

noahsarkgirl Offline
#738 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 2:18:27 PM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Mailed my package today dc # 9505500019392329000059. When I got home from seeing breaking dawn part 2, guess what was sitting on my porch? My gift from my secret Santa! I have not opened it yet, but I will as soon as the Gator game is over! Either it will cheer me up, or it will be the cherry on top of a great day! I'll be back later to report what is inside my package!
Aden's_Nana Offline
#739 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:41:51 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Janice.

I was hoping that the angel ornament was like the one you said you lost years ago. I hope it brings back good memories for you. I did not paint the other ornaments, unfortunately my painting skills are not very good. I just wanted to give credit to a lady on YouTube, she posted step by step tutorials on how to make the album. Her name is Claire, she is from the UK, her user name is charliejones2686. She has loads of free tutorials with very easy to follow instructions. She does mostly Graphic 45 papers. I really enjoyed having you as my SS. I so badly wanted to make it to your crop so that I could meet you but knowing me I would have let it slip about being your SS. Lol

For anyone that is interested in a closer look at Grandmaj's album you can go to YouTube and check out Claire 's Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium Noel Christmas album.

Jackie

Heart2hand Offline
#740 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:03:20 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

GrandmaJ/Jackie...amazing goodies....I told you she did wonderful work....Enjoy it all....that mini is gorgeous....

Jackie...did you make the angel? I use to have a pattern for them when I made them with my Ex-MIL and can't find it....would you please send it to me? I'd really appreciate that. I'm also going to check out that channel on YouTube for the mini...awesome...I just get overwhelmed when doing minis and wonder if it's going to be as nice as they would hope it to be...grrrScared Scared Scared Scared Scared

CricutJunky...that angel is amazing...

Teri....I know...great work....I hope you are enjoying your weekend?

Donna....awhhh I'm sure seeing your nephew was an added bonus....enjoy those moments. I hope all is going well with you.

Noahsarkgirl...how are you feeling? Someone is going to enjoy a box of goodies.

hugs to all
rhonda

scrappinchic Offline
#741 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:11:58 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning to all you the santa's out there! I love that goodies are arriving! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Noahsarkgirl how was the movie? I haven't seen it yet but hope to soon! Have you opened that box yet? We want details Wink !

Donna our neighbors did their dinner yesterday as well! Hope yours went was wonderful!

grandmaJ Offline
#742 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:54:45 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning everyone!! Hope you are all enjoying your Thanksgiving weekend! We have been having a nice weekend,, but it is sure going by fast! Tomorrow is back to work already...ugh!!

Thanks for all the compliments on my pkg from Adens_Nana! I am still drooling over it all!! Jackie, I am gonna have to check out that ladies tutorials!! I have to apologize too, for not posting one of the pictures! I got this banner, which is beautiful (pic just doesn't do it justice!!). I hung it on my wall when I took it out of the box the day it arrived, and forgot to take the picture!! So...here is the banner she also sent me!! Thanks again for all the cool stuff Jackie!!

PICT1663.jpg
grandmaJ Offline
#743 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:57:49 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

I sure hope all those pictures are showing up...some on my computer aren't. I am also getting error messages just about everytime I try to post something on this mb the last few days...very iritating!!Glare
STW Offline
#744 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 3:23:40 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi, everyone. Just wanted to say hi to you. Janice, WOW, that was indeed a great package! Jackie, you did a WONDERFUL job! I love seeing the pics, and yes, they DID show up well.

Having a really, really nice day today. Took my DS and future DIL out to lunch, then went looking for some outdoor lanterns for the wedding reception for "the big event" in Oct 2013, as well as a little Christmas shopping. I got the biggest kick out of watching them discuss gifts for their fathers and friends....and purchasing the gifts together. I know, I know....I'm a doofus! I love simple pleasures. It was fun and sweet. Now we're watching the NO SAINTS game on TV (well I AM....they are both asleep on the couch!!!) Going through my first holiday season without my mom has really been tough, but this was definitely a good day. OK - sorry to ramble. Just "happy -n- content" and wanted to share!

Hope everyone has a nice week.

Sharon
1CoolMom Offline
#745 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:15:33 PM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Janice, You got some awesome things! I love the banner. I would have hung it right away, too. Your photos show up if you click on them but not in the message. The board has been finicky lately that's why I haven't been posting, I keep losing messages and am too lazy to rewrite them.
LOL
Beach_Bum Offline
#746 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:35:37 PM(UTC)
Beach_Bum

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 119 post(s)
I hate to see this weekend end..... but there's things to do! Packages to mail! etc etc etc. I will be mailing my package Monday or Tuesday depending on when the mail person rolls around here. Sometimes we see her at 10 am and sometimes not until 5 pm.

Oh well.... hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving, I know the DH and I surely did... walked in the door about 20 min ago. I've now got laundry stacked to the ceiling and homework to do.

See ya soon......

BB
scrappinchic Offline
#747 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 3:34:31 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning! I hope you all are well rested and ready for the work week! I am ready for the kids to return to school but thats about itUnsure ! I need a me daySneaky !

I can't wait to see more goodies! Rememeber to get those pictures posted! We all wanna see what you got! Thats one of the fun parts of this swapThumpUp !

Waves to my SS's!

Have a great day!

grandmaJ Offline
#748 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 5:39:20 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Monday Morning everyone!! Back to the old grind today...ugh.

Have you all been doing your holiday decorating yet? I usually put my tree up Thansgiving weekend, but not this year. Seems like Thanksgiving came so early that I am not in a rush! I did get some of my fall decor taken down but not put away yet. Maybe I will work on that some today.

I am a little bummed...my local J's has run out of something I was using to make something for __________________ and who knows when they will get more in, so I might have to trash that idea and start something different...Glare I was on such a roll with the other project too....Glare Glare Glare

Did you all check out Blitsy's Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales? Here is my link if you aren't a member...http://blitsy.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/3231/ (don't worry, membership is free!)

Beach_Bum, are you going to school? You mentioned homework...I didn't know!

Traci, it has been acting weird! I have lost a couple long posts, but trying to get my pics posted was the real pain!!

Time for my breakfast so I'll check back in later!
M&KGrandma Offline
#749 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:58:26 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Good Morning!
Oh my gosh, I had the entire weekend to myself and did NOTHING!!! I'm not kidding... Saturday I was going to decorate, slept most of the day... so Sunday I was going to do it, and went to lunch with my sister in law and cousin... came home... worked a little on a swap and then did NOTHING!!! What the heck is up with me???? Bill comes home tomorrow so I have to get my butt moving tonight! I'm at the shop all day today, the kids are coming here at noon, then I'll have them until about 7:30 till Randi gets home from work. Not a fun day.... Yesterday I found I had a flat tire... ugghhh... it's still flat... I am just using Bill's old van... guess I should call our friend to take care of it for me!
Janice, I have Fall stuff all over the kitchen, it's down, but not put away... except if you count the counters and tables!!! LOL!!! I don't know what's wrong with me, I usually can not WAIT to get all the Christmas decorations up!!!
Sharon, you sound so happy!! I love when a day just comes together and feels great!!! You guys are really getting it together with the wedding. My daughter is getting married on Sept. 14 and we have the centerpiece candles and the frames for the table numbers... but that's about it. We do have the venue already booked. I'm very excited because this Saturday my Mom and I are going to go look at dresses with her!!! She never went to any big dress up dances in high school, so this is a first for me!!! I know I'm going to get emotional!!!!
Well, going to go and color a little more. I brought some Saturated Canary images, but only the colors for the skin... bummer, that goes so fast.... oh well, the kids will be here soon and I won't have a chance to do anything then!!!!
Hugs,
Teri
noahsarkgirl Offline
#750 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:51:32 PM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
I opened my box on Saturday, but my computer would not let me upload my pictures from my memory card, or even with the camera attached. It finally let me load pictures today so I can brag about my wonderful box from Scrappinchic!

I am so excited about what was in my box, and no dibbs on my mini album!

She got me some beautiful paper and coordinating stickers from Close to my heart, beautiful paper set with a family tree, which will be great for my scrapbook for the baby, as well as papers and stamps for both a baby girl and a baby boy, since we do not know yet what we are having! We find out this Wednesday, but this way we will be covered either way:)

She also got me some clear stamps with butterflies (I LOVE butterflies!), ribbon, and a chipboard album. She also got me a lovely white fairy ornament and Hersheys Special dark chocolate!

The piece de resistance is the mini album! I know she must have spent a lot of time working on it, and I can not wait to fill it with Christmas memories!

I love everything you got and how thoughtful each gift was! Thanks for being my Secret Santa Scrappinchic!

My kitty, Frodo, had to get in the picture. He was so curious about my goodies!

Below are the pics of my mini: