Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Oleeka Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:46:48 AM(UTC)
Oleeka

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have been struggling with the best type/techniques to adhere thin strips of paper like spider webs and hair (like on the Art Nouveau cartridge) without getting glue all over the place. I realize there are many different ways of doing it; I was just wondering if others had their own favorite techniques?

curious george II Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:48:19 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Have you tried spreading a thin layer of glue on a piece of scrap paper and then lay the design in the glue, lift with tweezers and then apply to whatever you are crafting? Usually if you use the right type of glue it should dry transparent (something like gel glue). Just a suggestion. . . HTH

Curious II
 1 user thanked curious george II for this useful post.
Emerald on 11/29/2012(UTC)
MamaC Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 3:27:12 AM(UTC)
MamaC

United States

Was thanked: 1543 time(s) in 640 post(s)
My all-time favorite for this is using the Xyron X (Small)for the tiny, short strips. I run the paper through the machine, but before removing the protective thin layer on top, I trace around the edges with a ball point pen. The pen cuts through any adhesive that may be on the edges of the strips. The ink from the pen lets me know if I have missed any edges.

The other way, for longer items, I recently went to a Scrapbooking Show and found a very thin metal tip that fits on top of a glue bottle. I am not sure what company makes the thin, metal tip, but it was being demonstrated and sold at a Heartfelt Creations booth. The glue is "Art Glitter" (doesn't have glitter in it) by Art Institute, Inc, Cottonwood AZ. The glue and tip are sold separately. The items are pricey, but the glue lasts a very long time, and the tip is worth every penny!! I can create the tiniest line of glue!!
 1 user thanked MamaC for this useful post.
ImTheNana on 12/9/2012(UTC)
ShawnMosch Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:05:07 PM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

Was thanked: 858 time(s) in 294 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Oleeka Go to Quoted Post
I have been struggling with the best type/techniques to adhere thin strips of paper like spider webs and hair (like on the Art Nouveau cartridge) without getting glue all over the place. I realize there are many different ways of doing it; I was just wondering if others had their own favorite techniques?

I use a Zig 2 way pen

http://www.amazon.com/EK...hisel-Glue/dp/B0013JL8LM

I also have a piece of cardboard that I place the image on to, then I go over it with the Zig pen . . . that way if I go off the edges of the image I don't get glue all over my work surface.
marriedin79 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:20:39 PM(UTC)
marriedin79

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The PP mentioned that she uses a piece of cardboard. I keep an old magazine in my crafting area and use a fresh page every time I need to glue. I've also used the Sunday newspaper advertising inserts.
Oleeka Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 1:27:47 PM(UTC)
Oleeka

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for the suggestions. I literally just got "Best Glue Ever" and "Embellie Gellie" by ScraPerfect via Create for Less (delivered on Dec. 31 and it's now Jan 1, 2013.) I saw a woman demonstrate how to use both on YouTube and it looks like a good glue and system to try (just search for the product name and/or ScraPerfect.) I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to give it a try! I've tried the Xyron, but pulling it off the strip tends to get it all warpy, bendy and sometimes torn(y). (Warpy 5, Mr. Sulu?) Again, thanks for the suggestions.
phughes429601849 Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 7:12:01 PM(UTC)
phughes429601849

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I use a craft syrynge filled with my favorite glue