Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<7891011>»
PedalPower Offline
#241 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:33:03 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Larmabee Go to Quoted Post
-27 here today with the wind chill (-16 for most of you guys). I guess winter is here! Soon I'll get out my skis. My snowmobile needs to go to the doctor Crying . It had a major break down last year.
A friend has asked me to custom make a post-it note holder for her. She has a friend (this makes me laugh) who is a Zombie Academic! She actually writes books about zombies! LOL So I have been busy trying to make one from a mummy. Not as easy as I thought it would be!

That's just flippin' cold. Sending warm thoughts your way!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
AlyaMama Offline
#242 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:14:00 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Laura that's way too cold for me. Grab another blanket and snuggle up.

Nancy you are GOOOOD getting your shopping done so early. I'm just getting started. I asked my dad to get a few things from the Walmart black Friday ad. Not sure what he was able to get off my list so I guess it'll be a surprise for me too. Jamal is in Washington D.C. right now so he'll bring me some goodies yeah!

Sonya I bet it was nice tohave all that family but I bet your glad they went home. Enjoy your creative therepy.

Joy a full car from shopping is a happy car.BigGrin

Sharon good luck selling your imagine. Mine stopped working again, I haven't had time to try and fix it. I'm kind of sorry I have it and wasted all that room and weight bringing it back. Oh well.

Today I had the recipe swap, signed up for the school holiday bazzar and now I'm scrambling to get some things made for it. I think I'll be up all night this whole week. It's ok, it's all worth it right?

Better go.

Have a great night.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#243 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:19:03 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1420 time(s) in 1116 post(s)
OMG!! it is 31 deg. here on L.I. I can't even imagine -16...

Sonya it was me that mention Windows 8 they say it really is much harder then any other update out there. Lots of hidden files and they said once you find what you are looking for you will never remember where you found it.

It kind of makes you not want a new computer

Good luck

Went out this morning to Costco again was just there yesterday they had a nice deal on Christmas light for outside so we got them and then the cutiest night lights 3 in a package was perfect one for each grandchild. Abigail will get the Santa one and the other 2 a penquin and a reindeer.

Came ome ate lunch than started cleaning out the basement.

I had a surplus of bed spreads, comforters, blankets, pillows and curtains I haven't used in a while and thought the families of Hurricane Sandy can really use them. So the basement is looking better and better I only have 1 more room to do and I am done. Lots of pots and pans and gadgets.

Well have a great day/night
joyfullycrafting Offline
#244 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 1:03:28 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1597 time(s) in 1280 post(s)
Hi.

Laura, that is just too cold. Brrrr.

Sandra, you got lots done at your crop! Good for you.

Angie, sorry you are having Imagine issues. I have been reallly happy with mine.

Nancy, how nice to give your stuff to the hurricane victims!

DH called some kind of tech support to get computer help, but the guy on the other end of the phone didn't seem to know much about Windows 8 either. I am sure he will learn. He just doesn't want to!

Sonya, good luck with your Windows 8! Maybe you and DH need to call each other for help. Well, maybe wait till he learns a little more.

DH is sick. Went to church this morning, and during first service, DH said lets leave as soon as music is over second service. So the worship pastor took over on the sound. DH has a bad cold.

So far so good with Jeffie. He is being a good dog.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#245 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:23:08 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: Larmabee Go to Quoted Post
-27 here today with the wind chill (-16 for most of you guys). I guess winter is here! Soon I'll get out my skis. My snowmobile needs to go to the doctor Crying . It had a major break down last year.
A friend has asked me to custom make a post-it note holder for her. She has a friend (this makes me laugh) who is a Zombie Academic! She actually writes books about zombies! LOL So I have been busy trying to make one from a mummy. Not as easy as I thought it would be!

Great idea...
lv2scrap02 Offline
#246 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:26:31 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy... hope DH feels better.

Glad Jeffie is being good

Abigail love here carrots, she kicks her feet and start laughing when she sees them coming.

Patty is buying all fresh veggie's and using the Baby Bullet which works great..then freeses it in little containers...

She even loves her rice ceral and oatmeal.

Have a good night all
SandraB. Offline
#247 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:20:33 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Had mom out for supper and had a rather bad adventure when we were taking her homeMad! Just after we got on the highway heading to her place we hit a coyote and did major damage to the front end of my van. It happened just before an overpass, so we limped it to the other side as the "check engine" light was on. Where we stopped there was a small vehicle repair shop, so we drove in there. They checked it and said the radiator was cracked as well as the bumper, etc, etc. The owner kindly drove us and mom to her place and then drove us back home. DH called the RCMP and the insurance co. They are sending an adjuster out to look at it and we get a rental in the meantime. DH will drive me to work and we will pick it up after work.

Laura: it is a bit warmer than that here, about -8C. Your notepad looks great

Angie: glad your recipe swap went well, hope you get all your stuff done for the w/end

Sonja: it's always nice to have company but it's also nice to have your house back again. Happy creating therapy

Nancy: glad you are getting your basement cleaned out...nice idea to donate to Hurricane Sandy victims. My nephew's wife uses the Baby Bullet quite a bit with their little gal.

Joy: hope your dh feels better soon. After reading the comments on Windows 8, I'm so glad they put Windows 7 on dh. He is by no means a computer junkie,LOL

Sharon: hope you are able to get a better price for your Imagine

Well, better run. Take care everyoneBigGrin
DebbieScraps Offline
#248 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 1:44:50 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi everyone, just a quick update. Wow, wish I could send you people with minus degree temperatures a few degrees from here and we would both be happier LOLLOL

Sandra, sorry to hear about the accident, hope you are all feeling fine.

Joy, I have a feeling Jeffie is not going to want to go home again after Christmas, bet he is loving all the company. Maybe Nick is being a good influence BigGrin

DS had a wonderful camping trip and has some great photo's - I hope that I can get some prints. Am so pleased to have him home safe and sound! He loved his birthday presents and cake. Tonight we are having a birthday dinner and then another one for him on Thursday when DD is back. This year we seem to be celebrating everything twiceLaugh

I was getting dressed and a button popped off my blouse as I went to do it up and and quick as a flash Jet was there and he ATE IT!!!! I don't know what he thought it was, didn't even bother to sniff it first!!! Grrrr, now I have to replace all the buttons as I don't have one to match! Silly dog, anyone would think that he is never fed!

Had a really exhausting day at work today, one drama after another - why do people have to be so difficultMad
NJsharon Offline
#249 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 5:12:04 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Oh wow Sandra, that is weird a coyote can do so much damage! So sorry about that. We have a lot of deer around here & I am always scared about hitting one of them. Heard it can do serious damage to your car if you end up hitting one. Plus I would freak out that I had injured or killed a deer too! lol Hope your insurance covers the repairs.

Laura that is waaaay cold! I would never survive there! I do not do well in the extreme temps, either way hot or way cold. I like mild temps!

Debbie, that is funny about the button! You could wait until it comes out the other end. LOL

Edited by user Monday, November 26, 2012 5:13:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: adding more

DebbieScraps Offline
#250 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:51:06 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Had to share the exciting news, DD just got engaged Love I guess there is going to be loads of wedding talk on this thread soon LOL
JeanneLee Offline
#251 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:23:42 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 221 time(s) in 203 post(s)
Morning girls!

Congrats Debbie
!

I see you all are having difficulties with the error messages(I did a few days ago).
Just a thought...I save my message by copying it as I type so I don't have to rewrite everything if I lose it.

We had a very nice Thanksgiving at our new SIL's grandma's house. After dinner the kids got ready to go camping in Virgina. They just got home yesterday at 4pm. Youngest DS said it got down in the 20sF on Saturday night. He said he had a great time and will go again next year...with a warmer sleeping bag and MORE socks!

I did get some shopping in on Friday and Saturday. Got three carts: A Quilted Christmas, Folkart and Suburbia.

I just got that error message...good thing I copied my message!
JeanneLee Offline
#252 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:28:31 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

No other shopping done because I have not received a shopping list from my kids yet. Blushing
JeanneLee Offline
#253 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:31:41 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Sandra, sorry to hear about the accident with the coyote!
Seems like we always have something with one of our vehicles around Christmas time...
DH and I usually look at each other and say, "Merry Christmas"! Razz
Glad to hear you will at least get a rental.

Wow, you got 6 layouts done! Sounds like you had a wonderful crop time.

Edited by user Monday, November 26, 2012 8:32:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Shelly Offline
#254 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 10:57:02 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 323 time(s) in 281 post(s)
Hi everyone.

Sounds like lots of you had successful Black Friday shopping! I went to a fabric store and got some flannel and then my DH and I went later in the day to look for a new Christmas tree (our stuff always goes up the day after THanksgiving), but decided to make do with the one we have. Our ceiling is about 13 feet high in our front room, so we have a 10 foot tree and they are just too expensive. Its getting really old and bad looking (25 years old now), so maybe at the after Christmas sales we can find one.

Got a cold with a cough that keeps me awake all night, so haven't been doing much. Plan though today is to try a few Christmas cards. Also getting ready to leave on a cruise a week from Wednesday. I like to make something to hang on our door, it helps to find it easier. Also it is lots of fun. Have a dreaded dentist appt. later this week. So not looking forward to that, as I have this horrible anxiety when I go. I really get tense and its awful.

Sharon, hope your imagine goes for more. The Santa's village is going for at least $50 itself on Ebay and Amazon (I just bought it).

Sandra, Sorry about the accident, hope you are okay!

Hope you all have a great day!!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#255 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 5:20:03 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: SandraB. Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone;
Had mom out for supper and had a rather bad adventure when we were taking her homeMad! Just after we got on the highway heading to her place we hit a coyote and did major damage to the front end of my van. It happened just before an overpass, so we limped it to the other side as the "check engine" light was on. Where we stopped there was a small vehicle repair shop, so we drove in there. They checked it and said the radiator was cracked as well as the bumper, etc, etc. The owner kindly drove us and mom to her place and then drove us back home. DH called the RCMP and the insurance co. They are sending an adjuster out to look at it and we get a rental in the meantime. DH will drive me to work and we will pick it up after work.

Laura: it is a bit warmer than that here, about -8C. Your notepad looks great

Angie: glad your recipe swap went well, hope you get all your stuff done for the w/end

Sonja: it's always nice to have company but it's also nice to have your house back again. Happy creating therapy

Nancy: glad you are getting your basement cleaned out...nice idea to donate to Hurricane Sandy victims. My nephew's wife uses the Baby Bullet quite a bit with their little gal.

Joy: hope your dh feels better soon. After reading the comments on Windows 8, I'm so glad they put Windows 7 on dh. He is by no means a computer junkie,LOL

Sharon: hope you are able to get a better price for your Imagine

Well, better run. Take care everyoneBigGrin

So sorry to hear about your van... hope everyone is ok
lv2scrap02 Offline
#256 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 5:24:30 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

JeanneLee...love that tip about copying your post. I will do that form now on

Joy..it is funny you call the Tech dept and you would think they would know how to use Windows 8!!!

Shelly... hope you feel better soon and get some cards done

Debbie.. Congrats to DD and her boyfriend.. You must be thrilledBigGrin

We are going to have a lot of action on this MB about weddings and preparationBigGrin

This past year it was babies my GD Abigail and Angie baby Layla.. now it is wedding showers
lv2scrap02 Offline
#257 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 5:25:43 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: JeanneLee Go to Quoted Post
Morning girls!

Congrats Debbie
!

I see you all are having difficulties with the error messages(I did a few days ago).
Just a thought...I save my message by copying it as I type so I don't have to rewrite everything if I lose it.

We had a very nice Thanksgiving at our new SIL's grandma's house. After dinner the kids got ready to go camping in Virgina. They just got home yesterday at 4pm. Youngest DS said it got down in the 20sF on Saturday night. He said he had a great time and will go again next year...with a warmer sleeping bag and MORE socks!

I did get some shopping in on Friday and Saturday. Got three carts: A Quilted Christmas, Folkart and Suburbia.

I just got that error message...good thing I copied my message!

save my message by copying it as I type so I don't have to rewrite everything if I lose it.
what a great idea I will have to remember thisBigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#258 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 5:27:03 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sharon how is the Imagine doing on E Bay??
NJsharon Offline
#259 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:06:22 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
Sharon how is the Imagine doing on E Bay??

Up to $223.50, so doing better, but would still like to get a bit more for it, of course!

Yes, I realized after I listed it that the Santa's Village is going now for $50+ on Ebay! DH said I should list that separately & I told him I probably should have. Didn't think of that or realize it was going for that much, when listing it though! Oh well.

NJsharon Offline
#260 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:07:53 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Originally Posted by: DebbieScraps Go to Quoted Post
Had to share the exciting news, DD just got engaged Love I guess there is going to be loads of wedding talk on this thread soon LOL

Wow congrats Debbie!! How exciting for you & your DD!
Yes, there sure will be a lot of wedding talk on this thread now!
You will have to let us know when they set a date!
NJsharon Offline
#261 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:12:29 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Meant to be getting some snow tonight & tomorrow here. Only about 1" of snow tonight & possibly 2-3" for tomorrow. Hope it isn't too messy for my drive to work or home.

I also hope that my student doesn't stay home just because of a bit of snow! My supervisor is coming to observe the lead teacher tomorrow, but of course I know he will be observing me too. I know I do a great job, so don't mind him being there though!

Okay, clicking & copying my work in case I get the error message again! LOL

I bought the girls Madame Alexander dolls for Christmas this year. They are similar to American Girl dolls, but a bit cheaper, still nice quality though. Also received 2 dresses I bought on Ebay for them today. They are so darn cute. I hope the girls are happy with them on Christmas day!

SandraB. Offline
#262 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:44:12 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Thanks for the well wishes on my van.BigGrin! Don stopped by and I guess the damage is more than they originally thought it would be...plus being it's still so new they have to make sure they use Chrysler parts so as not to void the warranty. The adjustor called and left a message so Don will call him tomorrow. Got my rental though, so at least I have wheels. As it turns out it was actually a wolf that hit us not a coyote...it was still laying by the road when Don and another of his drivers went by today, so they got a better look at him.

Sharon: it's snowing here now, just more to add to our pileLOL! Glad you got your girls' dresses ok

Debbie: congrats on your dd's engagement

Shelly: hope you feel better soon and your dentist appt. goes well

JeanneLee: I've only shopped for my great-neice so far. I've not gotten any lists either.

I just got the error message and just hit the back button and all is well.

Better run...want to watch DWTS, so have to get a few more things done

Bye for now, take care everyoneBigGrin
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 11/27/2012(UTC)
NJsharon Offline
#263 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:03:22 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

No snow here so far... I think they are lying! LOL They had said we were meant to get 1" overnight, but didn't happen. Hopefully we won't get as much as predicted & my drive home won't be too bad.

Dentist later for a cleaning. Bleuch! I love my dentist, but still don't like going! lol

Larmabee Offline
#264 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:23:02 AM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
"good morning!" from the frosty north. We really haven't warmed up much! It is unseasonably cold, even for us!
Nothing new at my end - dogs are still escaping, days are filled with all sorts activities, planned and unexpected. I can't believe Christmas is sneaking up so quickly!
Sharon You can send the snow this way if you don't want it, and if it shows up! You are getting a good price for your imagine, thankfully.
Sandra Unbelievable that such a little creature can wreak such havoc on your vehicles. I am glad you are all safe. It was so nice of the repair people to make sure you all made it home.
Debbie Congratulations! This board will be humming with all the wedding prep.
Shelly I have been wanting to take advantage of all the wonderful sales and promotions going on, but I don't need anything. We are trying to save money to rebuild/build a house. So many things I would like, but a house would "probably" be better in the long run! Darn priorities!
Hi to Joy, Nancy, JeanneLee, Angie, Pedal and all the other regulars!
Take care
Laura
PedalPower Offline
#265 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:18:23 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Congrats to Debbie's DD and her future SIL!!!! BigGrin

How is everyone today? I had a good workout this morning. Ready to get on with the day. I did some Christmas shopping yesterday. Did some online shopping last night, too. I have hardly made a dent in what I need to accomplish!
DebbieScraps Offline
#266 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:06:57 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Thanks for all the good wishes on DD's engagement, it is all very exciting for all of us. I am so happy for them, they are good together. I got such a nice message from DD's future in-laws, they are also thrilled by the news - it does make life so much easier that we all get on well together.

Second bit of exciting news that happened today, it was DS's graduation, he looked so smart in his gown and sash, was so proud of him and then he got awarded a special award for engineering and construction - wow, quite an achievement as there is only one per subject and there are a lot of pupils!

So life is feeling pretty good at the moment BigGrin Love
JeanneLee Offline
#267 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:24:02 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Debbie- DS graduated high school?? You do have cause to celebrate!

Laura
, great to be back here when I get a chance to. I try to check in while DS is doing his reading for school. He is a sophomore this year.
Stay warm!

Sonya
, glad you got some shopping in! Hope you got some great bargains.
I just sent an email to the kids to get me a list pronto! Wink I will only shop during the week.
We have a HUGE mall here about 7 minutes drive and the traffic is always terrible. Me thinks I should do some online shopping this year.

Sharon
, rain here in MD so far...hoping it doesn't freeze!(low of 29* F tonight!)
Hope you get what you want for you Imagine. I am happy with my AE2 and Gypsy...hope they last for a while. Hope your dentist visit is uneventful.

I just heard from DD that she arrived in Florida just now. They are attending a funeral for her husband's aunt who died on Saturday.(55yo...pancreatic cancer)They had to drive down with her FIL and BIL...they took turns driving and drove straight through. Hard trip, but they wanted to go.

Off to give DS a history test! ttyl...YES still getting ERRORS!ThumbDown

Shelly Offline
#268 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:11:26 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 323 time(s) in 281 post(s)
Got some things accomplished yesterday! Yippee, about time! My darn cough just won't go away. I am going on a trip in a week and need it gone by then!

Debbie, congrats on your daughter's engagement and son's graduation. Exciting times in your family!

Sharon, glad your imagine's price is going up some. Hope it goes up more so you can get a little back from what you've spent on it. We have only gotten one snow storm so far this year, and it was a ton. About 2 feet over two or three days. We need it as we had hardly any last year and are in a drought, but I don't like snow. Wish it would just stay in the mountains.

Sandra, hope you get your car fixed soon and it isn't too costly.

These darn error messages are getting really annoying! Had it happen three times while trying to type this post! Hope they fix it soon!!

Have a good day everyone!
PedalPower Offline
#269 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:31:24 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Originally Posted by: DebbieScraps Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for all the good wishes on DD's engagement, it is all very exciting for all of us. I am so happy for them, they are good together. I got such a nice message from DD's future in-laws, they are also thrilled by the news - it does make life so much easier that we all get on well together.

Second bit of exciting news that happened today, it was DS's graduation, he looked so smart in his gown and sash, was so proud of him and then he got awarded a special award for engineering and construction - wow, quite an achievement as there is only one per subject and there are a lot of pupils!

So life is feeling pretty good at the moment BigGrin Love

What awesome news!!!!!!! Congrats to your awesome son, too!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#270 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:55:48 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Debbie.. Congrats to DS on all his achievements.. you must be so proudBigGrin

Hi to everyone else..

Busy day yesterday DH was in the mood to wrap Christmas presents so while the baby took her nap
DH finished them all. My DH is very neat in wrapping gifts so he did most of it. I sent him to Costco for more wrapping paper for the kids.

Then he packed everything to be shipped to AZ> his grandkids

All Abigails gifts are wrapped. Didn't realize how much I bought I think I started in August. I had bought a series of Hallmark books called "Abigail" I also bought the talking bear that reacts when you read the stories. When DH saw it he says you have to get it. I think I will save it for her first Birthday.

Well today is bowling then have to watch Abigail in the afternoon her daddy has a dr. appt.
I said no problem I was happy to.

Well enjoy the day everyone