Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BJR Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 12:22:13 PM(UTC)
BJR

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Did anyone buy anything? I know there has been a few threads- but what did you get and what where you happy getting the most? Did you buy a Cricut? a Fiskars Fuse? fabric? or supplies? I know I bought some fabric, a ribbon holder, some supplies and pellon for fabric too. My DH got my new Ott lite. I got some fleece cheap not to mention if you found any in the remnant bin that was Blizzard fleece on sale for $2,99 then the remnants were 75% off! It made it 75 cents a yard versus $8.99 or $10 a yard! What did you think of the pink Cricut or the Teal E2?
Post all about your great shopping! BJR.
KnitWitRosie Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 12:45:45 PM(UTC)
KnitWitRosie

United States

Was thanked: 269 time(s) in 161 post(s)
I got the Ribbons & Rosettes cartridge from J's for $24.99, as well as the rest of the Spectrum Noir markers to complete my starter set (used a bunch of 50% off coupons!). I was trying to be good and only shop for what I really needed :-/ Lol
jscraftylady Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 12:53:20 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2303 time(s) in 1238 post(s)
I skipped actual Black Friday shopping and instead hit eBay. I got A Quilted Christmas, A Frightful Affair and Fontopia for under $15 apiece. I hit Ms today to take advantage of the Tim Holtz sale. I bought a ton of his ink and stains at 40% off to get ready for his 12 Tags of Christmas.
♥Carol♥ Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 1:17:38 PM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2764 time(s) in 2201 post(s)
After 3 days of shopping (several stores, too many crowds, traffic and parking issues) ... I saw oodles of bargains, and a ga-zillion things that I would have loved to purchase for myself ... but I stayed focused on gifts for family and friends. Finally, for the first time in more years than I care to count, with just a few small exceptions, my Christmas shopping is done. Plus the birthday gifts for all those December babies on my list too! YIPPEEEE!
BigGrin

Now it's time to buckle down and get busy making those Christmas and Birthday cards! At least I was able to get all my supplies (at some pretty great savings too). So for the next few weeks, I will be working like a mad woman to get everything made ... AND MAILED ... on time!
Blink

I hope everyone had success in your after Thanksgiving shopping sprees! Smile
 1 user thanked ♥Carol♥ for this useful post.
go-go on 11/26/2012(UTC)
ScrapDiva77 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:02:03 PM(UTC)
ScrapDiva77

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I set out on Thanksgiving night to go to Michael's and Kohl's because they were in the same complex. Michael's was to be open from 5 to 11 pm and there were a few carts I was going to treat myself to, so I figured I go there and by the time I finished I could go to Kohl's opening at midnight. I arrived at Michael's at 10:20 and there was a police car in front of the store so I went to enter and was stopped by an employee who said the store was closed. I said I've driven about 10 miles to get here and I've got my coupons and you're supposed to be open til 11. She said look the police officer isn't letting anyone in. He is issuing the manager a citation for being open. It turned out there was a town ordinance against being open on Thanksgiving day that the manager was not aware of. So I stormed out and went to wait till midnight for Kohl's to open. I had a good time but missed out on the carts. I went to another Michael's on Friday and bought a A Quilted Xmas and Phrases. Today, thanks to someone on this MB I found out about Hallmark Scrapbooks having the Theresa Collins Dec 25th cart on sale for $19.99 so I bought it and 2 more carts. So now I'm a happy person...
jscraftylady Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:14:15 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: ScrapDiva77 Go to Quoted Post
I set out on Thanksgiving night to go to Michael's and Kohl's because they were in the same complex. Michael's was to be open from 5 to 11 pm and there were a few carts I was going to treat myself to, so I figured I go there and by the time I finished I could go to Kohl's opening at midnight. I arrived at Michael's at 10:20 and there was a police car in front of the store so I went to enter and was stopped by an employee who said the store was closed. I said I've driven about 10 miles to get here and I've got my coupons and you're supposed to be open til 11. She said look the police officer isn't letting anyone in. He is issuing the manager a citation for being open. It turned out there was a town ordinance against being open on Thanksgiving day that the manager was not aware of. So I stormed out and went to wait till midnight for Kohl's to open. I had a good time but missed out on the carts. I went to another Michael's on Friday and bought a A Quilted Xmas and Phrases. Today, thanks to someone on this MB I found out about Hallmark Scrapbooks having the Theresa Collins Dec 25th cart on sale for $19.99 so I bought it and 2 more carts. So now I'm a happy person...

I always notice that a bunch of New Jersey stores are frequently excluded from various Sunday and holiday sales. Who knew?
mom2sidsquid Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:20:29 PM(UTC)
mom2sidsquid

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1151 time(s) in 763 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
I skipped actual Black Friday shopping and instead hit eBay. I got A Quilted Christmas, A Frightful Affair and Fontopia for under $15 apiece. I hit Ms today to take advantage of the Tim Holtz sale. I bought a ton of his ink and stains at 40% off to get ready for his 12 Tags of Christmas.

Is he doing it this year? I thought he said it was too much work so he was doing the 12 month tags. He generally does a new tag each month. I could be VERY wrong about this Confused
jscraftylady Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:24:57 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Originally Posted by: mom2sidsquid Go to Quoted Post
Is he doing it this year? I thought he said it was too much work so he was doing the 12 month tags. He generally does a new tag each month. I could be VERY wrong about this Confused

Oh no! I actually don't know. I don't read his blog regularly. I have just read it at the holidays for the last several years. There are still several of his older tags I haven't attempted so if he doesn't do new ones, I will just do those I guess.Crying
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 11/27/2012(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:32:55 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18942 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
I bought 6 carts from cricut.com for $12.99 each minus a 10% Circle discount and free shipping! Woot
cricaholic Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 3:18:37 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1198 time(s) in 681 post(s)
Woot NOTHING..NADA...ZILCH!!!!
LOL I'm VERY PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!
Flapper There was a lot I wanted.....
BigGrin but NOTHING I actually needed
Laugh so I stayed home and did a little bit of organizing in my craftroom
 1 user thanked cricaholic for this useful post.
go-go on 11/28/2012(UTC)
pamfairley Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 4:41:01 PM(UTC)
pamfairley

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I used my 50% off to get the MS mini score board for 4.99! got 2 leather we r memory keepers albums for 8.99 each!2 clear iris storage boxes for 2.99 each,I also got teen scene cart for 24.00$and the 3 piece fisker trimmer for 24.00 all this also had 30% off.I also got some technique tuesday stamps from J's online with free shipping and 50% off, I also ordered several things on the Sale site on facebook! so looking for some happy mail this week!LOL
MotoMomof2 Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:29:36 PM(UTC)
MotoMomof2

Was thanked: 321 time(s) in 253 post(s)
I got 4 carts, big switch form last 2 years. This time there were not many new ones at M or J's, I searched and found Team Spirit, had a few in my hand and just decided I didnt need them if I had no plans to use them. Did go to Kohls and got my 20 year old some new clothes, he never wants any thing so I was very happy that he liked every thing I got him. Now I have $60 to spend on something else this week. And I hit Target, got some stuff there for the kids.
Cathleen Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:10:47 PM(UTC)
Cathleen

United States

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I bought the Teddy Bear digi cart for 30% off
NewBieMom Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 9:09:12 PM(UTC)
NewBieMom

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hubby and i started on thursday at 7pm making walmart our first stop. Got what we wanted but still sad(so was hubby) that no scrapbooking stuff on sale at walmart. Picked up many things and giftsfor people. Got my son his xmas outfit. Gota new coat and hubby brought me some clothes as well .

For scrapbooking, got te Elegent Edges cart , stamp set,paint,a tool box( to put things in)and a few other things. I brought the cart and hubby brought me the rest.

We went thursday,friday,sat and sunday shopping. I m proud of my hubby for that many days in a row.

The rest of the eek, my son hasca dr appt and i plan on catching up on things , picking up 2 shifts at work and on friday heading out to j's and m's,picking up a toys r us layway since its payday.

MOgoggingirl Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 9:10:39 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 397 time(s) in 353 post(s)
I bought Flower Shoppe from craft-mommy on the MB today.BigGrin BigGrin Love Love
 1 user thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
craft-mommy on 11/27/2012(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 9:17:26 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

United States

Was thanked: 528 time(s) in 373 post(s)
Got the Team Spirit Cartridge for 19.99 on Amazon.com lightning deal. Then some Spellbinders, xpress paper, and a box of flat back pearls on eBay. Didn't even leave the comfort of home, lol....
diann2000 Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:54:12 AM(UTC)
diann2000

United States

Was thanked: 988 time(s) in 874 post(s)
I finally bought a new purse from Kohl's. I bought from M's 4 of the Iris 12x12 containers and some ornaments to decorate with vinyl. Purchased a couple carts from M's earlier in the week. Took my daughter to the mall to get some things she needed. The big thing for me is I sold an extra new Gypsy bundle that I had and a new mini cake. I was never going to make a cake and decorate it using the mini cake machine.
Sherri Kay Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:35:59 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2381 time(s) in 2134 post(s)
I ordered the Ebosser for $159.99!! I've never seen it that inexpensive anywhere. I'm so glad I waited.
SouthernVintage Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:07:25 PM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 713 post(s)
I bought two carts at Michael's, ribbon and an Angry Birds game at ACMoore. I wanted to shop more but had company that had no interest.
craft-mommy Offline
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:14:25 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
I order my daughter a ebook reader one where she can get online, play games, read books and so on and order her some sleep pants and gotten few thing's off ebay.
Rosebudz Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:53:03 PM(UTC)
Rosebudz

Was thanked: 443 time(s) in 324 post(s)
Only got 1 item on BF. Went to Murdochs and got DH a Liberty "Fat Boy" 64 gun safe. Got there at 6, store opened at 7:30, done checking out at 7:35. Unfortunately for others, they only had 1! I hate it when a store does that! There were more than a few unhappy people. I'm pretty much done with my shopping! Yea me. I bought NOTHING for me, crafty or otherwise!
BJR Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:18:03 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
By the way the Cricut baby bug at J's is a raspberry pink color pearlized. BJR.
legalbeagle Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:15:23 PM(UTC)
legalbeagle

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Got 2 of the spectrum noir markers - 24 packs (Lights & Pastels) for 25.00 each with free shipping.
gcmcevoy Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:38:35 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Sunday I went to AC Moore and bought Flower Shoppe and Giant Flowers Carts for $13.99 each. By the Way AC Moore has ALL CRICUT items at 50% off this week.
I also placed my first Blitzy order. I bought 6 Le Blanche Stamps for about $17, One was just 99 cents! Now I just wonder how long it will take to get here.
I am going to go back to AC Moore and get some Spectrum Noir pens (I want the turquoise one for a special project )and may pick up OI2 .
 1 user thanked gcmcevoy for this useful post.
Buggy for Cricut on 11/29/2012(UTC)