Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Leahdax Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 1:02:26 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
I have a few questions for anyone that has a continuous ink system:

1. Where did you get your system.

2. How do you like it.

3. Is the image quality good.

I'm thinking of getting a continuous ink system for the Epson Artisan 1430 printer when I get it, as I want to print 12x12 paper.

Thanks.
ylrosebud270 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 10:44:17 PM(UTC)
ylrosebud270

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Hi I don't have a wide format printer yet but have been looking into the Epson Artisan 1430 and the continuous ink system. Brigit of Brigit Scraps Blog has the Epson 1400 and uses the Cis Kit ink system.
http://www.brigitsscraps...012/11/silver-bells.html

Brigit says the ink system was easy to install she watched the video on how to. She seems to love the ink system the ink print quality, she prints a lot of 12 by 12 paper for her crafting Brigit also says the ink last a long time. Hope this help you some.

Edited by user Monday, November 26, 2012 10:46:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ylrosebud270 for this useful post.
Leahdax on 11/27/2012(UTC)
couponlover Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:29:41 AM(UTC)
couponlover

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 490 time(s) in 316 post(s)
I bought one last year for my Artisan 800 (maybe it was an 810, can’t remember) Anyway. I waited about 6 months before installing as I had Epson ink cartridges to use up. I finally tried it and it was a little difficult to install. The printer had problems reading the “cartridges” and then because the tubing prevents the top scanner bed from fully laying closed, I kept getting an error message. Eventually got it squared away. I used it for a few months with no problems. Print quality was fine. Then all the sudden a couple weeks ago the print quality was REALLY bad and there was a lot of striping and discoloration. It was REALLY bad. It looked like maybe a color was missing from the photo, eventually I started getting an error message and sure enough I notice one of the tubes was being blocked (it was kinked where it laid up against the edge of the scanner bed that was laying on top of it. I fixed that but could never get the good quality back. And I am not just being picky. It contained striping still, just not as bad. Well then the kicker… I got a message saying the “printer pads” were nearing the end of their useful life. I printed a couple of 8x10 pages and then bam, oops sorry your “printer pads” are at the end of their useful life. Please contact Epson for support. UGH! I read they are really expense to replace, so I opted to get a new printer. I read that Epson programs their printers to basically stop printing after a certain number of prints (something to do with the printer pads). Now the point in me telling you all this is I am a little suspicious that the CIS “caused” some/all of my problems. Honestly we don’t print that much (text pages or photos) I expected this printer to last longer. Well I decided that although I was always happy with the Epson quality (until the end) I won’t be buying their printers again unless something changes. Also, I am suspicious of the CIS and therefore will likely not try that again….. FYI Here is the CIS I bought on Amazon….

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produc...f=oh_details_o08_s00_i00

1 user thanked couponlover for this useful post.
PaperGrandma Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:03:36 AM(UTC)
PaperGrandma

Was thanked: 255 time(s) in 163 post(s)
I love my CIS. I got it from http://www.inkproducts.com

I have an HP Officejet 7500A wideformat printer. The ink quality is good from inkproducts.
I do not recommend my printer however.

I figure it costs me abou 25 cents to print front and back of a 12 x 12.
 1 user thanked PaperGrandma for this useful post.
Leahdax Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:41:57 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Thanks, ladies. This continuous ink system stuff is new territory and it helps to have a some input.
GrammyCris Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:09:56 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1180 time(s) in 551 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leahdax Go to Quoted Post
I have a few questions for anyone that has a continuous ink system:

1. Where did you get your system.

2. How do you like it.

3. Is the image quality good.

I'm thinking of getting a continuous ink system for the Epson Artisan 1430 printer when I get it, as I want to print 12x12 paper.

Thanks.

I have used the continuous ink system for several years and love it. I have had several different models of Epson printers and have had good luck with all. I have used the ink tanks and also the refillable.

The place I have used is www.printonadime.com
They are friendly people, good customer service and willing to answer questions and step you through things. I highly recommend this company. I have referred them to several friends and family members and they have also had good luck.
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
Leahdax on 11/28/2012(UTC)
Cassie Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:50:06 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 332 time(s) in 265 post(s)
I have been looking into getting a CIS for about 3 months now, so thank you everyone for your comments. I still haven't decided but my eye is on an Epson WF-30. While I would love to print 12x12 (and I do have a wide format HP), I want to 1 printer dedicated to CIS only, which is why I'm looking into other printers.

Thanks for the question Leahdax!

Edited by user Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:50:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrappylove Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:16:33 PM(UTC)
scrappylove

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 94 post(s)
That's interesting about the printer pads for the epson. I've have the r1800 since it the market in 2005 and its been my workhorse. I bought it with the intention of print 12x12 but I use it for everything after my c80 ded. Still going strong......and I use 3rd party inks all the time!
kimk. Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:00:01 PM(UTC)
kimk.

Was thanked: 153 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I have an Epson Artisan 835. I got a CIS for it just over a year ago from www.hotzone360.com (I ordered it off Amazon, but that's who the seller was.) I use my printer ALL the time and I haven't had to refill my tanks yet. I am extremely happy with it!! I honestly can't tell the difference between prints made with the "original" ink and the prints made with the CIS ink. It was the best $40 I ever spent!! Seriously. The whole system cost less than 1 set of 6 ink cartridges.
GrammyCris Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:28:20 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1180 time(s) in 551 post(s)
Originally Posted by: couponlover Go to Quoted Post
I bought one last year for my Artisan 800 (maybe it was an 810, can’t remember) Anyway. I waited about 6 months before installing as I had Epson ink cartridges to use up. I finally tried it and it was a little difficult to install. The printer had problems reading the “cartridges” and then because the tubing prevents the top scanner bed from fully laying closed, I kept getting an error message. Eventually got it squared away. I used it for a few months with no problems. Print quality was fine. Then all the sudden a couple weeks ago the print quality was REALLY bad and there was a lot of striping and discoloration. It was REALLY bad. It looked like maybe a color was missing from the photo, eventually I started getting an error message and sure enough I notice one of the tubes was being blocked (it was kinked where it laid up against the edge of the scanner bed that was laying on top of it. I fixed that but could never get the good quality back. And I am not just being picky. It contained striping still, just not as bad. Well then the kicker… I got a message saying the “printer pads” were nearing the end of their useful life. I printed a couple of 8x10 pages and then bam, oops sorry your “printer pads” are at the end of their useful life. Please contact Epson for support. UGH! I read they are really expense to replace, so I opted to get a new printer. I read that Epson programs their printers to basically stop printing after a certain number of prints (something to do with the printer pads). Now the point in me telling you all this is I am a little suspicious that the CIS “caused” some/all of my problems. Honestly we don’t print that much (text pages or photos) I expected this printer to last longer. Well I decided that although I was always happy with the Epson quality (until the end) I won’t be buying their printers again unless something changes. Also, I am suspicious of the CIS and therefore will likely not try that again….. FYI Here is the CIS I bought on Amazon….

http://www.amazon.com/gp/produc...f=oh_details_o08_s00_i00

I had the printer pad situation once too....the printers have little sponge pads to soak up waste ink and when they are full the printer is finished. If you get a continuous ink system you can also purchase a waste ink disposal bottle for about $5....very easy to install and you will never have the printer pad problem.
Leahdax Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:34:20 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Ok, so I just got the Epson Artisan 837 printer from Office Depot. It was only $100 - on sale for $150, plus I had a $50 gift card - so I couldn't pass it up. It uses the same ink as the Epson Artisan 1430. I plan on getting refillable cartridges for both printer (the 837 and the 1430), then I can just buy the bulk ink and refill as needed. And since the 837 is an all-in-one I don't have to give up the ability to scan, copy or fax.

I've poured over all the suggested sources for buying ink. Haven't decided on a vendor, yet, tho. I'm leaning towards Ink Owl because they claim that their ink is formulated to exactly match the manufacturer's ink. They're pricier than some vendors, but cheaper than others.