Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TammyPuckett Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:03:54 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 204 post(s)
I went to get one of the Nook Colors @ Wal-Mart on Black Friday & got the Nook Tablet by mistake for the same price & am wondering if I can download the CCR onto my Nook? I know I couldn't cut with it, but is there a way that I can use it to design & cut later.

Thanks for your help!
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:54:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
If you're on the Internet on your Nook, you can go to cricut.com and go to the CRAFTROOM tab. Go all the way to the bottom of that screen and click on the last green arrow (sentence) to get to the WEB design. YOU WILL NEED TO USE YOUR COMPUTER'S USER NAME (if you get on here on a computer at home and will use that username to download CCR eventually, if you haven't already) and the password you use at home to get into cricut.com.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF SETUP YOU HAVE ON YOUR NOOK, SO DON'T TAKE MY WORD ABOVE AS GOSPEL. I really am only assuming you can probably do this. There might be reasons you can't do this on your NOOK!! I think if you try it and it works.....you should be okay. If it doesn't work, then there are other reasons for that.

THEN, you click on WEB VERSION....it will look like it's downloading to your NOOK, but when you go out of it, it won't stay on your computer (like it does when you download it to your computer with the version that will CUT).

This is the version you can DESIGN ONLY in and any projects you design and SAVE on any other computer/tablet/nook/ipad/etc., will be on your downloaded version on your PC at home when you get ready to cut it. Of course, this will be true only if you are using the same username and password you use to get into cricut.com's website.

HTH. If you download the CUTTING version at home, you can only download it to two computers. So, be sure you're not trying to download the PC Version of CCR when you're on your NOOK. It must be the WEB VERSION. Unless, of course, you find out you CAN cut on your Nook...then, you might want it designated as one of your two computers. PC will let us revise our two computers we want to use once a year............and, maybe if we need to ask for help if we lose a computer in that year and get a new one (or similar circumstances).

Char

Edited by user Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:56:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified