Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

craft-mommy Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 9:40:42 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 158 time(s) in 95 post(s)
I'm hoping I can get some idea's on how other's keep there scrapbooking paper Blushing I have been looking around on ebay trying to find some thing's that would work but not finding anything I like..lol so if you don't mind sharing with me how you keep your paper's (maybe even a picture) Flapper

As of right now I keep all my paper in a 3-white draw thing but it's not working out because all my paper gets messed up and is out of place so I'm looking for something where I can put my paper and able to see what I have.
curious george II Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:37:16 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Hello craft-mommy,

This is a post from Shawn Mosch and I really love this. I am sure if her husband really wanted to make some extra money then he probably would just from posting on her blog that these were being produced and shipped from him. HTH to give you an idea that is if you have the space and someone you know that could help build this for you.

"I went to the craft store recently and wanted to get those scrapbook paper storage cubes and stack them up into a tower. My husband looked at them and said "I could make those". Well if you ask me he did WAY better than the stackable cubes!
I sort my paper by color, and he made this so I can have a separate slot for solid and patterned paper for each color!

Now I just have to work on filling it up!"

http://craftychicsblog.b...husband-made-for-me.html
 1 user thanked curious george II for this useful post.
ShawnMosch on 11/27/2012(UTC)
ShawnMosch Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:53:08 PM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

Was thanked: 854 time(s) in 292 post(s)
Originally Posted by: curious george II Go to Quoted Post
Hello craft-mommy,

This is a post from Shawn Mosch and I really love this. I am sure if her husband really wanted to make some extra money then he probably would just from posting on her blog that these were being produced and shipped from him. HTH to give you an idea that is if you have the space and someone you know that could help build this for you.

"I went to the craft store recently and wanted to get those scrapbook paper storage cubes and stack them up into a tower. My husband looked at them and said "I could make those". Well if you ask me he did WAY better than the stackable cubes!
I sort my paper by color, and he made this so I can have a separate slot for solid and patterned paper for each color!

Now I just have to work on filling it up!"

http://craftychicsblog.b...husband-made-for-me.html

Thanks for posting the link to the paper storage that my husband made for me. I LOVE IT!

each slot is about 2" high, and I have my paper sorted by colors . . . one slot red patterns, one red solids . . . then I have one of those plastic sleeve folders in each slot for the small "scrap" pieces so that they don't get crushed in the pile with the full sheets.

Here it is after I started to fill it up

I don't think I could talk my husband into building them for other people . . . he has a full time job . . . maybe when he retires! But I might be able to get him to write up the dimensions and directions for making it.

He also built me a work surface that sits right on top of a twin bed that we had in the room that I took over as my craft room.

More details about that project are here http://craftychicsblog.b...ect-from-my-husband.html
craft-mommy Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:50:24 AM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

May I ask what type of board's he used? My hubby can make me one if I knew what type and size he used...That would work great for me
Annabella Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:47:18 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)

I use the Priorty Mail boxes. They are cut ' almost' diagonallyAnd can fit the 12x12 paper. The instructions for cutting can be found on Lguild blog.

These are great as when they wear out you can just replace it for free. I have recycled my packages from places I ordered.
ShawnMosch Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:09:06 PM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

Originally Posted by: craft-mommy Go to Quoted Post
May I ask what type of board's he used? My hubby can make me one if I knew what type and size he used...That would work great for me

The top piece is just a thin board that is cut to the same size as the twin bed. Then there is framing underneath to support it. If you look on my blog there are more close up photos. Really, any type of wood would work, and for size it would have to be made to fit the bed you own.

craft-mommy Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:31:09 PM(UTC)
craft-mommy

United States

Originally Posted by: ShawnMosch Go to Quoted Post
The top piece is just a thin board that is cut to the same size as the twin bed. Then there is framing underneath to support it. If you look on my blog there are more close up photos. Really, any type of wood would work, and for size it would have to be made to fit the bed you own.

I'm sorry I should have said what type of board's he used to make the paper stand Blushing I have my own craft room so I don't need the the info on that I was talking about the paper stand your hubby made you BigGrin
ShawnMosch Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:28:13 PM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

Originally Posted by: craft-mommy Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry I should have said what type of board's he used to make the paper stand Blushing I have my own craft room so I don't need the info on that I was talking about the paper stand your hubby made you BigGrin

He is not here right now, so I am going to try and describe it as best I can . . .

I know it is NOT Pine, because he did not want to use a soft wood. And the shelves are made from the same thin board that he used for the top of the work surface. They feel like the same stuff that a clipboard is made out of. He cut each shelf about 13 x 13 inches so that I could put my scrapbook paper in there and it would not be tight. There is 2 inches of space between each shelf and I have about 20 shelves . . . if you want more or less just make it a different height.

The main tower is a basic box/cube and then he cut the grooves into the insides so that the shelves slide right in there . . . like making his own slat wall.
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 2:07:33 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Since I live in a very small place I have all my scrap stuff in totes under my daughters day bed. I keep my paper in these http://www.michaels.com/...ts-scrapbooking-storage. It isn't the easiest to see your paper but i have limited space and I have 12 of them full of paper. I have them sorted by color and patterns. I also have the papers that only I can use and the paper only my daughter can use in our colored boxes. The other containers are for who ever wants to use them. This way both of us knows what paper is usable and not usable. I used to have a set of shelves I bought from a scrapstore but i had to give it away since I have no room for it any more. I really liked the shelves better.....

Happy creating
dori