Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#61 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:32:58 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Okay here's my link. Hope no one has any trouble getting on there. I fixed the photo problems or at least most of them. So here it goes and lets see if it goes through! Geesh1

http://things4me2love.bl.../wish-birthday-card.html
TurtleBug Offline
#62 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:43:26 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 974 time(s) in 635 post(s)
My Sketch Card #1 in the Extra Credit:

Round & Square Cuts - Plantain SchoolBook Cartridge
Embossing - "Chicken Wire" CuttleBug folder
Love and Banner Cuts - Artiste Cartridge
Wavy Lines - Computer-generated
Added black brads
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:49:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#63 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:07:07 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
So first thing I get as I hit "Post a Reply" is that stupid "Application Error"

... not starting out well tonight Crying

AcrossThePond: I'm glad to see you got your picture to show up now... love love this card

Joyful Carol: I love what you did for the curtains... the pleated curtains gives it a great effect, it looks so real! Wow... awesome job with this card

britishgirl: I don't like doing guy cards much either! I prefer to play around with something I can stick a flower into ... hee heee. You did a wonderful job and nice neutral colors

*NanaDonna*: great job with the half and half sketch 2... great idea doing that. Awesome job with the snowflakes. Oooh, I really like your sketch 3, great job with the matting. Your sketch 4 is so cute!

christineramey8b61e521: I love Precious Moments so your card definitely appeals to me. Wonderful job!

TurtleBug: love your simple card... the embossing and especially the swirly thing you made on the computer fits so nicely together. Awesome job!
 2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/28/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 11/29/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#64 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:10:15 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

carrottop50 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone here has a Spellbinders Grand Calibur Cut & Emboss Machine... if so can you post some pros and cons for it. I am thinking about asking for one for Christmas plus right now it is on sale at Jo Ann Fabrics. You can never have too many craft tools. I have a cuttlebug and love it but you have to cut paper to fit and the spellbinder grand calibur cut and emboss machine will take a 8.5 x 11 paper.

I bought one when A.C. Moore had it on sale and I'm not sure but mine was probably defective... so I returned it. It simply was just not embossing like it should... maybe in the future I'll try it again since Sue loves hers... so I'm guessing I definitely had a defective model. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I use the Big Kick from Sizzix for all my embossing
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:11:43 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
Raquel
#3 - BEAUTIFUL!!! The frame around the cut is so pretty and delicate, which cart is it from? Or, is it a SB? Love the look of the purple flowers against the dark blue and all the pearls finish it off so nice!

You got it! It's a Spellbinder ... I just got it over the weekendBlushing
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/28/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#66 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:29:41 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch #2 Card:

Heart - Sophie cartridge
Small Hearts - Are the negative cuts from the large heart and I layered them with white vellum.
Embossing - "Hearts" folder by Darice
Sweetheart & Pink Hearts - Stickers I bought at Target
Added a narrow pink ribbon down the center and heart & pearl embellishments.
TFL!!

TurtleBug Offline
#67 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:59:08 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Christine
Very cute Precious Moments card! I like all the details you added to it, especially the "Wish" sentiment and the cupcake. Any one of your nieces will be delighted to recieve this precious card from her Auntie!
Hoping you get all your posting problems solved pretty quick. All these problems are REALLY starting to get on everyone's nerves. I saw posts from others not on RAQ's thread complaining about all the problems, also! Such a big company, yet they can't seem to hire a capable Computer Tech....so sad!!Sad Sad Sad Sad
TurtleBug Offline
#68 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:23:18 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
So first thing I get as I hit "Post a Reply" is that stupid "Application Error"

... not starting out well tonight Crying

I have now been hitting the "edit" button at top left and then clicking on "copy" when I am done typing, to make sure I still have everything I typed JUST in case I get the "APPLICATION ERROR". If I do get that message, I hit the "back" arrow up at the left top and 99% of the time I get the window back and then I click on "Post" again. If I have lost everything I just open a new "Post Reply" window again, and click on "paste", then hit the "Post" button.
Hope this helps![
BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:29:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AcrossThePond Offline
#69 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:23:02 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Crying Sad This site is a pain at the moment, I think thats why it has been so quiet on here.

Raquel - You card is stunning. Wonderful jewel colours. I think I know where this is going.

Christiner - Very pretty card, so sorry you are having so much trouble.

Turtlebug - WOW just love your guy card for #1 those wavy lines are great. However I do love your card for #2 wonderful.

Sue
 2 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/29/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/30/2012(UTC)
#70 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:39:08 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Thank you Tutlebug and Acrossthepond and Raqueltoo for your comments on my card. So glad you guys are seeing it on my blog now. I agree with you tutlebug these errors are getting ridiculous. The sad thing is that I'm upset with is I've complained on the FB page and got one answer back out of two of my complaints. They never even finished responding and when I went back to check on their page to see what was going on I guess my comment got deleted. I never saw either of them again. Very poor customer service is all I can say for such a great company and great products. It stinks that they couldn't be any better about their people skills. :(

Raquel I loved your anniversary card so pretty with all of the purple colors. Purple is one of my favorite colors.

Acrossthepond you know I love your work so nothing more needs to be said! :)

Tutlebug your heart card is gorgeous. Great job!

Okay cleaning house today so I must return back to work.Just thought I'd pop in and check in. :)
 3 users thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 11/29/2012(UTC), TurtleBug on 11/29/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/30/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#71 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:44:02 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
I bought one when A.C. Moore had it on sale and I'm not sure but mine was probably defective... so I returned it. It simply was just not embossing like it should... maybe in the future I'll try it again since Sue loves hers... so I'm guessing I definitely had a defective model. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I use the Big Kick from Sizzix for all my embossing

When you buy the GC as I am sure you willBigGrin You do need to buy another plate to be able to pass your CB embossing folders (and any other company other than SB) through and get them to emboss first time perfectly. It is by Creative Expressions which are a UK company but I feel sure you would easy be able to get it over there as they went in with SB to create it. All you need to do is base plate - embossing folder with card in - tan rubber mat and then the Creative Expressions plate et volia perfect embossing every-time.
If you are going to buy SB embossing folders you will need a raspberry plate to do the job, but only with their folders and the sandwich will be base plate - folder and card - raspberry plate. NO rubber mat needed with this one.

I love mine and use it every-time I craft almost.

Sue
BingoLady Offline
#72 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:07:28 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 679 post(s)
I can't believe it my commenting and all the writing I did is not showing.Angry Angry Angry Angry
*NanaDonna* Offline
#73 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:53:54 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2645 time(s) in 1400 post(s)
Boy those wavy lines really threw me for a loop on sketch #1 but I finally got it done.
I used the stamp I had "wishing you a very happy birthday" then designed a cut around the shape of it. I also designed the cream colored piece.
This is also my extra credit because it is a birthday card for my brother-in-law.

*NanaDonna* Offline
#74 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:42:42 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Well it happened to me nowAngry Angry Cursing Angry Angry I was typing up my comments and got most the way through them, looked down at my iPad for the next card to comment on and when I looked up my post was GONE with some kind of error message. I even opened Word before I started to I could copy and paste and save along the way, but got so into typing the comments I forgot to save along the way

I will try again -
Carrotop - love all 3 of your Christmas card, especially love the truck full of presents great idea, the reindeer are adorable and love the plaid ribbon on the other one.

Sue - love the way you turn #5 into a card, fabulous image and great coloring L0ve your#4 what an adorable image and all the hand cut flowers scattered around.

British - beautiful soft color with the contrasting black flower very pretty

Bingolady - #1 so pretty, I am really loving your new nice soft simple style. Nice color combo and so glad you are stamping #2 very very pretty great idea for the bouquet of flowers.

Raquel - Love your male card, great papers and you even worked a swirl in thereBigGrin

Gisele - I love your snowman card they are so adorable and fit perfectly into the New Years theme. Wonderful male birthday card, love the way you flipped the sketch. I did make one of the flowers on the memory box, just the bigger one, they are all sprayed with Glimmer Mist. Cute kitty Christmas card, love the papers. #4 what a neat idea to use real yarn, love love the poinsettia.

Think I will post now so I don't lose it again and come back later to finish.
Sorry for any typing errorBlushing I am not going to re-read and correct want to get it posted while I can
 3 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 11/30/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/30/2012(UTC), Gisele on 12/1/2012(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#75 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:52:57 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

This time I got smart and typed my comments first in Word then I will copy and paste them onto the MB.

Carol – love love your window card, I have always wanted to make one like this with the curtains hanging on the sides, fantastic job,

British – great sketch #1, I had such a hard time getting my head wrapped around those lines, but you nailed it.

Raquel – WOW #3 what beautiful colors, I love this card, is it mounted on a folded base?
Turtlebug – wide border with the Ho Ho Ho, that is just hand cut off a piece of paper, the same piece the Santa was cut from. #1 Great card, perfect color matching and you did a fab job with those swirls, what a neat idea, very striking looking card. #2 Awesome card and the perfect cut, I love all the hearts and those pearl hearts are too cute. Tried hitting that back arrow and did not get my first post back

Christine
– I am so sorry you are having such issues posting your card. What an adorable Precious Moments birthday card, love all the details.

Hope I didn't miss anybody
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/29/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#76 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:21:29 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My #3 Sketch Card:

Oblong Cuts - Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
Embossing - "Holly Branch" CB folder
Green Border - Artiste cartridge
Merry Christmas Button - From Michael's, but I added the metallic circle and a white circle for more depth.
Corners - Fiskar punch
Added silver/red metallic ribbon and red Bling to some of the holly berries. Sorry, it posted so blurry and kinda of dull lookingAngry!
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:23:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#77 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:52:21 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

NanaDonna Thank you and glad everyone is seeing my cards now. The last problem was actually a blogger problem not cricut. But still it's very frustrating. Love your birthday card. The pink is very pretty.

Tutlebug great design on your card.
 1 user thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/29/2012(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#78 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:14:09 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 606 post(s)
I finally had a chance to get in the craft room and make a card. This is in the Ad Colors. It looks better in person. The bow has 4 layers and the antiquing on all the layers don't make the bow look so dark on the edges. I'll be back tomorrow to post comments.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
TurtleBug Offline
#79 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:13:10 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch #3 Card:

Image & Sentiment - Computer-generated
Circles - Plantin Schoolbook cartidge
Embossing - Swiss Dots CB folder
BandAid Border - Computer-generated
Oval - Lacy Labels cartridge
And, yes....that is a REAL band-aid!
Added narrow blue satin ribbon to the bottom of the yellow border.
TFL!!BigGrin

AcrossThePond Offline
#80 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 8:26:14 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Hi, I am coming on as often as I can so I don't have to make long comment lists and get booted off.

NanaDonna - I love how your card for #1 has come out, great papers.

Turtlebug - Cute Christmas card for #3 but your card for #4 is super cute, just love the image.

Dee - Your card must be wonderful in real life cause it looks Fab this way to me. Great use of ad colours and #4

Sue
 2 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 11/30/2012(UTC), TurtleBug on 12/2/2012(UTC)
#81 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 10:51:19 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

DeeScraps Very pretty Christmas card. Love the pink and green together. Would have never put those two together on a Christmas card. :)

Tutlebug Love your Sketch 3 card. Very cute with the puppy dog all bandage up. :) Love it!
 2 users thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#82 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:05:14 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Hello everyone. I’m going to try and type my comments and past them onto the board. I sure hope it works. I just spent “forever” writing them down. LOL.

Sue…. Great guy card. They are always so hard for me. I’m so glad that Raquel got your card to show up. It’s so adorable, and I love how you used so many colors and cuts.

Corrottop…. Three very nice cards. I love how you did sketch #2 with the heart and truck.

British Girl…. Wonderful Ad Color Card and perfect use of sketch #2. You sketch #1 works great as a male card.

Bingolady…. Love your #2 in the Ad Colors and the all the embossing. The same with sketch #1.

Raquel…. Wow…sounds like the puppy is perfect for you and your family. Loved your male card with the surfing paper and how you put it together. Your anniversary card is beautiful and in your signature colors!!!!!

Gisele…. Your husband did a great job on picking out the paper pad. Mine wouldn’t know where to start….anyway….he thinks I already have all the paper out there! LOL. The snowmen make a very “Happy” looking card – inside and out. I love the guy card with the Graphic 45 Paper. Their papers are always so unique and I hesitate to even use mine. I just love looking at them. Good job with the Ad Colors ….and that cat is adorable….as is the knitting card. She’ll be thrilled with it.

I’m going to try and post these now and will do the rest if these work out OK. It’s so frustrating to lose everything.

Dee
 3 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/30/2012(UTC), Gisele on 12/1/2012(UTC), AcrossThePond on 12/1/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#83 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:18:22 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
I have now been hitting the "edit" button at top left and then clicking on "copy" when I am done typing, to make sure I still have everything I typed JUST in case I get the "APPLICATION ERROR". If I do get that message, I hit the "back" arrow up at the left top and 99% of the time I get the window back and then I click on "Post" again. If I have lost everything I just open a new "Post Reply" window again, and click on "paste", then hit the "Post" button.
Hope this helps![
BigGrin

I make sure I copy EVERYTHING I've typed after every few minutes (just in case)... I've been doing this for over a year now. However, the error messages is still a pain!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#84 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:21:07 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

AcrossThePond wrote:
Crying Sad This site is a pain at the moment, I think thats why it has been so quiet on here.

Raquel - You card is stunning. Wonderful jewel colours. I think I know where this is going.

Sue

Hee hee... you got it! I entered it in JustRite Friday Challenge... they were having a color challenge

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#85 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:23:39 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

AcrossThePond wrote:
When you buy the GC as I am sure you willBigGrin You do need to buy another plate to be able to pass your CB embossing folders (and any other company other than SB) through and get them to emboss first time perfectly. It is by Creative Expressions which are a UK company but I feel sure you would easy be able to get it over there as they went in with SB to create it. All you need to do is base plate - embossing folder with card in - tan rubber mat and then the Creative Expressions plate et volia perfect embossing every-time.
If you are going to buy SB embossing folders you will need a raspberry plate to do the job, but only with their folders and the sandwich will be base plate - folder and card - raspberry plate. NO rubber mat needed with this one.

I love mine and use it every-time I craft almost.

Sue

When I bought this... I only used the Spellbinders dies that came with it as default. I followed the instructional manual closely and the results I was getting was disappointing. I've been using the Big Kick from Sizzix for every Cuttlebug folder and every other brand of die-cuts since 2009 so I'm just going to keep doing that

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#86 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:25:32 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

*NanaDonna* wrote:
This time I got smart and typed my comments first in Word then I will copy and paste them onto the MB.
Raquel – WOW #3 what beautiful colors, I love this card, is it mounted on a folded base?

Yes it is... there is a plain old folded card underneath all that

Edited by user Friday, November 30, 2012 11:26:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

DeeScraps Offline
#87 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:28:42 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Well, that worked OK, so I'll keep going.

Nana Donna....Wow, your turkey centerpiece was great. I think I'll try that for next year. So glad you and your family (and everyone else on the board) had a nice Thanksgiving. I did it the easy way....got it all from Honey Baked Ham and it was delicious. Your memory box is beautiful. Love how you put the photo of Emma on the top. Your daughter will love it. Your sketch #2 is so bright and pretty. Is the paper from a paper pack? Great job on #3 too. Love how you did sketch #1. I was just now trying to figure out what to do with that one. It really has me at a loss.

Turtlebug....Yep, I only picked 3 colors this week because it's such a busy time. It's also one of my favorite combinations. Flapper Great job on your #1 sketch. I want that embossing folder but haven't found it in any of the local stores yet. On your sketch #2, is that P.P. on one side? Everthing matches so well. I also like that embossing folder and how you did the corners. Loved what you did with #3. That's a great image and it's so cute how you added the band-aid! Very clever.

Joyful Carol....Your window card came out great. It's a really clever idea and you did great bringing it to paper.

Christine....so sorry you've had so much trouble with you blog and posting, but it seems like you have it figured out now. Your birthday card was adorable.

Guess that's it.

Dee
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#88 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:31:21 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug: cute heart card... love that background paper you used on the left panel and all the tiny heart pearls. Great job with the Christmas card... very neat looking. Love how you did the button sentiment. Cute Cute blue card! Love that image and the criss-cross bandaids on the bottom

*NanaDonna*:
great maroon card... love the rustic feel to it. Great sentiment and matting too

DeeScraps: wow... love your wreath card in the Ad colors... look at all those pieces!
 2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
DeeScraps Offline
#89 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:32:46 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Originally Posted by: christineramey8b61e521 Go to Quoted Post
DeeScraps Very pretty Christmas card. Love the pink and green together. Would have never put those two together on a Christmas card. :)

Tutlebug Love your Sketch 3 card. Very cute with the puppy dog all bandage up. :) Love it!

Christine, I have lots of Christmas Papers with these colors. It's was popular last year or the year before that.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#90 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:33:50 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well my Cricut is acting up again and giving me incomplete cuts. Blades, blade housing, mats all clean and clear... just weird settings I'm guessing... so it's time for my Cricut to hibernate again for a week or so. Maybe I'm having issues with overheating? The machine doesn't get hot though. I'll just write it off as ... MOODY!

Edited by user Friday, November 30, 2012 11:34:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I wanted to!

♥ Raquel ♥ attached the following image(s):
yucky cut.jpg