Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Loved By Angelina Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 8:48:25 AM(UTC)
Loved By Angelina

Groups: Registered

Mellow I just got my Cricut Expression 2 yesterday, I was SO excited. Took me over 4 1/2 hours to figure out how to even get my software from the machine to the PC, then had to do virtual chat to linc my expression. So, after being frustrated about not being able to cut anything. I do alot of punch crafts with textured paper, and mod podge. So I went to cut some items for my modge podge, the first sheet stuck to the mat, the next card stock didn't even cut all the way through, then I tried Textured "linen" type of card stuck and it rips it. Then I read somewhere that we have to replace the cuttersa fter 500 cuts? I think I've made 500 unsuccessful cuts. Help.. What am I doing wrong? I'm really regreting my decision. I normally by all my die cuts/embellishments online, and thought this would be cost effective and have a more personal touch... HELP

File Attachment(s):
2012-10-02_11-44-01_614.jpg (1,321kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
Loved By Angelina attached the following image(s):
2012-10-02_11-44-51_772.jpg
jojoy Online
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 9:45:48 AM(UTC)
jojoy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 15762 time(s) in 4710 post(s)
I don't have the E2, just the original Expression. I have had problems with textured linen paper. I have had some success if I put the textured side down on the mat. As far as heavier paper and glitter paper, I've been told that you should use multi-cut. I haven't tried that myself yet. Have you already tried adjusting the blade and the pressure?

Good Luck to you!
Sherri Kay Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 10:17:34 AM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2446 time(s) in 2193 post(s)
Some have said that the blade that comes in the Expression is not very good. Try replacing it with a new blade and see if that helps.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:03:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
almiroty34da075b on 10/31/2012(UTC)
swatts66 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:03:52 PM(UTC)
swatts66

United States

Was thanked: 1059 time(s) in 579 post(s)
Don't get frustrated. The E2 is a great machine. Did you try cutting directly from the machine without using CCR? Start by putting in a new blade. The one that came with my E2 didn't last long. Then just take a non textured piece of cardstock and try some simple cuts. Make sure you select heavy paper and turn your blade housing to 5. If you are still having trouble call customer support.
swatts66 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:12:35 PM(UTC)
swatts66

United States

Was thanked: 1059 time(s) in 579 post(s)
I don't know the answer about using multiple computers with CCR. Good question...

Edited by user Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:13:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

boogleosity11a2a66c Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:28:29 AM(UTC)
boogleosity11a2a66c

Smile Don't sweat it!!

I have had my share of problems in the beginning myself....the E2 is a sweet machine.

when i ripped paper(S)on top of paper i rubbed two fresh brain cells together and

==bought new cutting blades, more mats (12/24), the spatula!!, a deep cut blade housing and extra blades, and a 3# bag of cardstock (awesome deal!!)

I ALSO AND MOST IMPORTANTLY COPIED AND ENTERED INTO MY E2 MACHINE THE MATERIAL CUTTING GUIDE

I also would suggest downloading the cricut sync maybe before you try to download the ccr (i say that because i did it the other way around; good or not good im still trying to figure that out)

its a fun machine and the sync and updates have been great

also watch the cricut classroom it goes over the
E2 machine a-z

hope this helps, don't give up, have a great time.....when you get it, its great and you realize the machine is so loaded what can't you do is more like it!!

have fun
Christina P. Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:00:32 AM(UTC)
Christina P.

I bought my cricut expression 2 a little over 2 weeks ago. I have since then bought several cartridges. I have probably but 100 snowflakes and other cute characters. I was trying to cut some reindeer but having some problems now.. The blade started tearing the reindeer as it was still cutting the rest of the shape. So of it looked as though it was roughly cut. So I replaced the blade because I thought that was the problem. Well that didn't work either. I tried a different mate. Still didn't work.. Someone please tell me what I am doing or what I can do to fix this.. It did fine on the first 5 but then it wouldn't let me have the last 2. I can't tell you how much paper I waisted trying to cut those last two out.. Thanks for any help and advise!Confused
1SuiteLady Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 3:59:05 AM(UTC)
1SuiteLady

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
This applies to all cricut machines. I won't repeat what others have said...

1. Be sure your machine and cutting mat on both sides of the machine are on a flat surface. (When the mat dangled off the cutting table while cutting I would get those half density cuts like illistrated in the photo) I only use 12X24 mats. I use a small computer table for my cricut and set it next to my big computer desk.

What I discoverd by trial and error is if I did not center the cricut on that table one half of the mat would not to lie flat, it would dangle off the table hence lifting the paper from the mat ever so slightly where the machine was cutting. There was nothing wrong with the mats or blades but rather gravity pulling the mat down on one side while cutting the other side.

2. Choosing the right paper I learned by trial and error as well. Most bargin priced paper is textured and/or have a white core to them. The best paper is Bazzill Basics. It is smooth or flat and true colored throughout. Yes it's expensive but when I think of the waste with the bad cuts you really don't save any money. Textured paper nicks a bit when the blade goes over them making the little tears and jagged edges. The tears aren't that bad on larger shapes and you can alter them with scissors but can ruin the smaller more detailed cuts.

Decorating the papers can be trickier with textured papers as well. Try drawing a straight line with a gel pen on a textured paper then again on a smooth surface. White core paper shows up like a sore thumb too unless you want to sit and ink all edges sometimes twice.

I find Bazzill Basics paper by the sheet and packages of 15 at Joann's (online and in the store). When I run out and I am forced to get another brand Michaels sells Bazzill by the sheet and Recollections Brand Paper by the sheet and packages which is slightly thinner. Watch both websites because they do put them on sale.