Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<2526272829>»
DeniseKenna Offline
#781 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:48:22 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Rebecca~ with all your girls do you have some old Miss Me jeans I can buy off of you? DD has discovered them...really $80 for size 14 girls jeans????? They do fit well and cover her bum! Don't know what's worse guys sagging their jeans or girls bending down to reveal their plumbers butt.Glare Flapper Glare

We've always done 3 presents and Santa fills your stocking. Our extended family is very small so the kids don't get too many items. DS is getting an electric guitar/amp. He's been playing acoustic for 5 years now and is ready for some change though he will focus on acoustic for weekly lessons. So we'll get him a couple of little things for Christmas morning.

DD got some skis earlier this fall. Unfortunatly, no snow to speak of yet. She'll probably just get some clothes and a jacket. May have to nix those too since I looked in her pig sty of a closet this morningMad Mad

It's so cold here, I think I'll just curl up and craft. After I run all my errands of courseBlink
M&KGrandma Offline
#782 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:20:09 PM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Pamela, Kaitlyn is four and has Stompeeze slippers, Doc McStuffins play set, and Power Ranger masks, one red, one blue, one for her, one for Matthew... heehee!on her list! Randi and Joe are getting her games for her Leap Pad, too. I am going the art set way, I'm going to make up an art kit and putting it in the cutest Hello Kitty bins I saw at Target! She's getting new crayons, markers, glitter glues, etc., plus paper pads and colored paper. That's what she adores doing the most right now and it'll be good to have it refreshed! Plus, she loves Hello Kitty anything!! I found an adorable duffel bag and am putting pajamas in it, too!
Hope to work some more on my box tonight!
Teri

Edited by user Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:20:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LindaKinkead Offline
#783 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:42:27 PM(UTC)
LindaKinkead

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 40 post(s)
WOO HOO my box went postal today!! So excited I hope she likes what she gets!! I hate the waiting part!! I put my tree up last night!! I have a ton of ornaments and a ton that didnt get put on because everyone said i had enough on there. Crying I wanted to keep going but they took the ornaments away. Sad Oh well it is a very pretty tree if I do say so myself. I have my christmas shopping pretty much done. All I really have is my son who is 20 so I got him an xbox 360 with the biggest memory they make and a game, then i got him an outfit from Aeraposil ( not sure how to spell that one!!) I have to get a $5 gift to take to my family christmas that is gender neurtral - any ideas??? Hope everyone has a great night going home to finish my christmas cards so i can get those out in the mail!!

Linda k
trvkladd Offline
#784 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:33:04 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeniseKenna Go to Quoted Post
Rebecca~ with all your girls do you have some old Miss Me jeans I can buy off of you? DD has discovered them...really $80 for size 14 girls jeans????? They do fit well and cover her bum!

May have to nix those too since I looked in her pig sty of a closet this morningMad Mad
Blink

Denise~ Sorry!! Never heard of the Miss Me jeans. Huh Huh My DS has girls too...I'll ask and see if she has any.

I saw my DD's closet about a week ago and we had a little battle of wills...which thankfully, I won! Flapper Flapper

Pamela~ What about getting her some things for school...since she just started going? What about a backpack with her name embroidered on it and a pencil case that you decorate...I've been decorating a lot of school supplies this year! The boys and the girls seem to like anything with their name on it and whatever their interest is now. For the boys it's the saxophone and basketball. For Alyssa it's just anything pink and ultra girly! Even at 16 she's my girly girl! Also, little age appropriate craft items so that when you're working she can work alongside you with her own set...paints, color pencils, sketch pad, homemade play dough was always a big hit at our house because they got to make it with me. First I'd cook it and then they got to knead it. I have the recipe if you'd like it!

Gwynne~ Sounds like you made the right decision! I'm sure it will all work out well and I'm sure that Joysee will understand. I too hope that she gets better and will get back on the board but you had to do what you had to do to make sure that everyone got something from the swap that is actually participating! It's that simple!!!

Hope everyone has a great day

~Rebecca

GrammaP Offline
#785 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:46:14 PM(UTC)
GrammaP

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Mailed the box today to ----???????????-----LOL It is going west of me --of course, most states are west of the RI coast.LOL LOL LOL I have DC # if you want it Gwynne.
JeanP Offline
#786 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:42:12 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 766 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LindaKinkead Go to Quoted Post
WOO HOO my box went postal today!! So excited I hope she likes what she gets!! I hate the waiting part!! I put my tree up last night!! I have a ton of ornaments and a ton that didnt get put on because everyone said i had enough on there. Crying I wanted to keep going but they took the ornaments away. Sad Oh well it is a very pretty tree if I do say so myself. I have my christmas shopping pretty much done. All I really have is my son who is 20 so I got him an xbox 360 with the biggest memory they make and a game, then i got him an outfit from Aeraposil ( not sure how to spell that one!!) I have to get a $5 gift to take to my family christmas that is gender neurtral - any ideas??? Hope everyone has a great night going home to finish my christmas cards so i can get those out in the mail!!

Linda k

$5 worth of powerball tickets(in case no one wins tonight)LOL LOL

heaven4333 Offline
#787 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:50:27 PM(UTC)
heaven4333

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 244 post(s)
Wow it's 500 MILLLION $ . I bought some tickets in the first few
rounds but haven't gotten any yet for this rd. I think my ds did tho.
They will probably have like 5 winners when someone does win.

CandyHazzard Offline
#788 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:43:16 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I have mine all finished, just needs to be wrapped up, which I should get done tomorrow, so it will be in the mail Saturday at the latest
~Pamela~ Offline
#789 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:58:58 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Originally Posted by: M&KGrandma Go to Quoted Post
Pamela, Kaitlyn is four and has Stompeeze slippers, Doc McStuffins play set, and Power Ranger masks, one red, one blue, one for her, one for Matthew... heehee!on her list! Randi and Joe are getting her games for her Leap Pad, too. I am going the art set way, I'm going to make up an art kit and putting it in the cutest Hello Kitty bins I saw at Target! She's getting new crayons, markers, glitter glues, etc., plus paper pads and colored paper. That's what she adores doing the most right now and it'll be good to have it refreshed! Plus, she loves Hello Kitty anything!! I found an adorable duffel bag and am putting pajamas in it, too!
Hope to work some more on my box tonight!
Teri

Teri the art stuff is my favorite because it is consumable and you use it and regain the space! lol We did that last Christmas and her grandparents went overboard, so she is still in a great supply of markers, finger paints, crayons and paper. I did get her a birdhouse for her birthday that we built and painted together and Daddy filled it and hung it out back. So I am thinking some other things like that maybe that she can make.

The Hello Kitty idea is adorable! Isadora loves Hello Kitty and she would love something that like, She is also into painting and drawing a lot right now. Isadora doesn't have a leap pad but she has an Ipad so you did give me a good idea! I can get her an iTunes gift card to use for the little apps she likes or movies. I think we have ever singing animal they make an app for, but the Minnie Mouse puzzles and the Curious George zoo are her favorite right now!
~Pamela~ Offline
#790 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:06:13 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Originally Posted by: trvkladd Go to Quoted Post
Denise~ Sorry!! Never heard of the Miss Me jeans. Huh Huh My DS has girls too...I'll ask and see if she has any.

I saw my DD's closet about a week ago and we had a little battle of wills...which thankfully, I won! Flapper Flapper

Pamela~ What about getting her some things for school...since she just started going? What about a backpack with her name embroidered on it and a pencil case that you decorate...I've been decorating a lot of school supplies this year! The boys and the girls seem to like anything with their name on it and whatever their interest is now. For the boys it's the saxophone and basketball. For Alyssa it's just anything pink and ultra girly! Even at 16 she's my girly girl! Also, little age appropriate craft items so that when you're working she can work alongside you with her own set...paints, color pencils, sketch pad, homemade play dough was always a big hit at our house because they got to make it with me. First I'd cook it and then they got to knead it. I have the recipe if you'd like it!

Gwynne~ Sounds like you made the right decision! I'm sure it will all work out well and I'm sure that Joysee will understand. I too hope that she gets better and will get back on the board but you had to do what you had to do to make sure that everyone got something from the swap that is actually participating! It's that simple!!!

Hope everyone has a great day

~Rebecca

Rebecca I would love the recipe and the school things are a really good idea, which I will definitely use next year. We just had to buy all that stuff when she started. The works! The list was long backpack, two sets of marker, crayons, 2 kinds of glue and the list goes on!

We just did salt clay for first time at Halloween and made pumpkins, leaves, ghosts and acorns, she loved that! So I am she the play dough would be no different!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#791 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:01:42 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Re-did another item today Blushing RollEyes

Stick a fork in it because this box is so done! Gotta' take pics and wrap (not a fancy wrapper, sorry SS!) and get it out!out!out!

Speaking of out, I'd better get my PB tix out OhMyGod If I win the big pot, I'll send you all on a crafting cruise!WootBigGrin
CoyoteKim Offline
#792 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:12:00 PM(UTC)
CoyoteKim

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Rebecca- I love the movie night idea. They love movies and are always asking for them. Thank you so much! I got a couple of things I pried out of them. So I'm on my way!

Everything is finished. Just need to wrap them and pack them up. I'm glad I didn't mail today because we had some torrential rains today. The box probably would have disintegrated from the car to the post office!!

PetiteKalashnikovna Offline
#793 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:00:51 PM(UTC)
PetiteKalashnikovna

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Rebecca, thanks for the Thomas the Train suggestion. I will definitely keep it in mind when Kiko turns 2 next year. He is into plush animals and "happy faces" right now. He throws his pillow pet onto the floor and wrestles with it. lol! I got him the matching puppy dreamlite, the 6-set Tonka trucks, and the Laugh and Learn puppy. We also bought a black leather ottoman that will serve as his toybox. I told DH that I will just put his new toys inside it and throw a giant ribbon on top and consider it done. Daddy will get his own pillow pet because I am sick and tired of reminding him to give it back to the baby as well as a pedometer since he has been trying to get back in shape. I would like a mirrorless camera if I could finally decide which one to get.

COB, I also got a ticket for the powerball but I don't think I won. I have not checked the numbers yet and I certainly don't feel half a billion richer.LOL

noahsarkgirl Offline
#794 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:17:02 PM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
My christmas wish came true... We are having a baby girl in May! Bring on the big bows and cute clothes!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#795 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:07:03 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 613 post(s)
Congrats on finding out it's a girl! Always fun to shop for a girl....

I like the movie night idea too Rebecca. Might be an idea I put together for my DGC.

Peachy, didn't I just see something blip across the computer screen that a lady in AZ is one of the winners of the PB last night???? Maybe it IS you!!!!

Peachy, you'd think I'd have all kinds of suggestions for you as the babysitting kids are same age as Kiko!

Wee Sing videos - The Train and Sillyville. They are OLD FASHIONED....but so much better!

Plastic or rubbery dinosaurs, elephants, lions, tigers, etc. Not the tiny ones that fit in the palm of your hand but bigger ones. I have a good 20 of these animals and they love roaring like a lion or dino, and lining them all up on the floor or coffeetable, etc. Can't say that they have a brand name to them to go find in a store. I almost think I remember seeing them in Target one time or another. Mine came from a local store.

Handy Manny screwdriver, hammer, etc. set. The one little boy here has been carrying his wrench around for weeks now. He likes the screwdriver and hammer too but I try to keep that in his bookbag while here as I'm so afraid the kids will end up konking each other on the head or get excited dancing to the videos and jam the screwdriver into the TV screen and scratching it or each other. So there's good and bad to a toddler having some of these tools.

Maybe some building blocks for him to stack and let tumble over and crash and drive you nuts with the noise?

One of the moms and I were just saying this morning that this age group is easier outside in the summer instead of now inside, trapped. They just want to climb and get into things....or make a mess - just throwing toys all over or cleaning off a shelf in 2 seconds...

JeanP Offline
#796 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:20:58 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 766 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Peachy, didn't I just see something blip across the computer screen that a lady in AZ is one of the winners of the PB last night???? Maybe it IS you!!!!

I heard that there were 2 winning tickets One was in AZ and not sure of the other one. Minnesota or Missouri maybe?

Peachy, don't forget all your MB friendsLOL LOL LOL
LindaKinkead Offline
#797 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:08:22 PM(UTC)
LindaKinkead

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Woo Hoo just tracked my package to my secret sister and it will get to her by December 4th!!. Cant wait to see pictures of what everyone got!!!

Linda K
CraftyOldBat Offline
#798 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:41:10 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Okay Sis you are boxed and ready to go! First thing in the morning you will begin your approx. 2,500 mile journey northwest. If I delivered it myself I'd have to drive about a day and half straight but I'd get to see almost a dozen different states along the way! I even remembered to put a card in the package this time! Hope you like it...Scared

Edited by user Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:41:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: I didn't capitalize myself..

ScrappinGwen Offline
#799 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:28:51 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Starting to look like several boxes are going out this week or are on their way already. Next week is going to be a fun, fun week!

I think we'll probably have a chance to drool over a couple boxes this weekend too! So looking forward to this!

I got a little lazy this week, I must confess. So my last project is only half done. So not sure if I'll get it mailed on Sat. or wait til beginning of week. If POs were open until 5 on Saturdays, it sure would be more helpful to me! Even 3 or 4PM, instead of the noon closing....

Thanks for checking in and updating ladies! And yes, you can PM me the DCs so I can keep track of deliveries.

Thanks!
amylendall Offline
#800 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:49:20 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
had today off and nobody but the fur babies home to bother me! I actually got everything finished up for this swap! now the glue and everything should be dry and I can get it wrapped and in the mail tomorrow before work! so excited! now that I am finally finished with this swap I can spend the weekend working on my recipes for Jeanp! I declared today to be a pajama day and got so much done! I can't believe what I can get done when I don't have any distractions!! can't wait to start seeing boxes arrive and pictures to drool over!!
DeniseE Offline
#801 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:54:35 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 303 post(s)
MIne was going out on Saturday, but I decided to do one more thing for my SS so Monday it is. I finished it, but it has to dry. Oops.....I have to buy candy too, forgot that part, yikes.

Denise
trvkladd Offline
#802 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:38:35 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~Pamela~ Go to Quoted Post
Rebecca I would love the recipe

Pamela~ Here's the recipe. It calls for Kool-Aid which is used for color and scent. My kids loved this when they were little. I'm pretty sure I've made it for every kid in the family and it's always a big hit. I have an electric pot that I use which works perfect so that I can stand at the table with all the kids around it while I'm making it. As soon as it balls up I plop it out onto the table and when it cools (takes about 10 min.) It's so soothing to knead the warm dough!

KOOL-AID PLAYDOUGH
1 c. flour
1/2 c. salt
1 tbsp. cooking oil
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 pkg. unsweetened Kool-Aid
1 c. water

Mix dry ingredients with a whisk. Add oil and water. Cook over medium heat until mixture forms a ball. Pour onto waxed paper or bread board and knead. Store in airtight container.

Mixing it with Kool-Aid gives the dough surprising scents: lemon, cherry, lime, orange, grape and the blue one...can't remember the name...usually lasts for weeks in an airtight container.

All the ingredients in this are edible. They probably don't taste that great but the kids usually try it anyway!

Hope you enjoy making it as much as I do...Just a heads up though, if you have fur-babies... they love it too but it doesn't love their tummies. So take care not to leave it lying around...a few years ago while on vacation at my BFF's house I made it for her kids and mine and then we left it on the table in ziploc bags and went to the park...both her dogs ate all of it...and then made very big mess and her DH was not too happy with us because he cleaned up for several days after!!! Flapper LOL Laugh

~Rebecca
PetiteKalashnikovna Offline
#803 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:33:29 PM(UTC)
PetiteKalashnikovna

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Gwynne, thanks for the suggestions. I had seen those dinosaur toys before and they seem sturdy enough for "carpenter wannabe" hands. LOL

Ladies, I did not win the PB.Crying I did not get even a single number. The person who won it is from around Fountain Hills, which is a bit of a pricey area. I would have loved to share the $$$ had I won and it would have been a merrier Christmas for all of us in this swap.

I have not checked my mailbox yet so I don't know if my Secret Sister already mailed my box. It will be an exciting time next week as my purchases from the sales will start arriving. BigGrin I treated myself to new scrubs. I know, that's pretty exciting, huh? LOL I will be adding mores teal and turquoise to my wardrobe and I could just imagine hubby rolling his eyes when he sees what I have bought.

I have to work this weekend and I also have an appointment with my neurologist (the one from Transylvania) tomorrow to check the nerves/muscles on my wrists.

Have a great weekend everyone!
CraftyOldBat Offline
#804 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 7:09:54 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Well it's on its way; expected delivery for Monday. Let's hope this one has better luck than the swap I sent out last Saturday - it too was supposed to arrive on Monday, but didn't get there until THURSDAY! Now I have a few stick pins to make and I can mail off my last swap and a couple bday gifts to make/finish for another group and I'll be done LOL LOL Something tells me I'll never be done...
ScrappinGwen Offline
#805 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 8:10:46 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Yep, something is up with the postal service again cuz my swap box to Sheila took twice as long as anticipated. Not sure if it's only mail running in the NE section - using superstorm sandy as their excuse to hold off and wait for trucks to fill to capacity or what to save on gas and number of trips, etc... But that's my thoughts. I get rather cynical or negative over some issues. lol
amylendall Offline
#806 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 8:25:58 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
so I finally got everything wrapped and in the box just to find out I don't have any tape to seal the box! Cursing of course when you need something you can never find it! I swear I had another roll of tape in this house and I thought I knew where it was but it seems to have disapeared!! so despite my small dilema I am off to the post office then off to work for a long day! I will send you the dc# on one of my breaks at work Gwynne! happy friday everyone!!
DeniseKenna Offline
#807 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 9:09:37 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Rethought a couple of things since we have a bit more time. It's National Guard Drill Weekend so DH will be gone plus DD will babysit all day Sat so I'm setting up a playdate (don't tell him I called it thatLaugh ) for DS all day! That way I'll only have to come out of my playroom to throw in a pizza for them and be back to my scrappin'!!! Ahhh sounds like perfection Laugh
GrammaP Offline
#808 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 9:25:09 AM(UTC)
GrammaP

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Just checked DC and package will be delivered 12/4BigGrin
KelleyRooks Offline
#809 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:12:08 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Checking in. Hoping to finish everything up this weekend. I feel so much better that we have the whole weekend. I do have plans tomorrow and work on Sunday, but there will still be plenty of time to craft.

Also checking in for PlanLady19, Terri. She called me today and let me know her father-in-law passed away and they are headed to be with family. Gwynne, I sent you a pm.

Noha's ark girl congrats on your news.

Have a happy Friday everyone.

craftymomof2 Offline
#810 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 3:17:56 PM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Checking in. I am almost finished w/ my SS's goodies. I have really enjoyed this swap. Hoping to take DD to a Christmas festival tomorrow. I need a little get away and some Christmas lights and music. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I will be shipping on Monday.

Hugs, LanaLaugh