Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#91 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:36:35 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Here's my sketch 2. I originally had planned to use the "heart" snowflake from Home Accents, but as I showed you from the previous post... my Cricut said NO. So Spellbinders it is!

I forgot to add that this is also my Extra Credit Christmas card AND my AD colors

The sentiment "Holiday Cheer" is much clearer in real life but I just suck at taking pictures

Edited by user Friday, November 30, 2012 12:42:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

DeeScraps Offline
#92 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:50:54 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 751 time(s) in 582 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
TurtleBug: cute heart card... love that background paper you used on the left panel and all the tiny heart pearls. Great job with the Christmas card... very neat looking. Love how you did the button sentiment. Cute Cute blue card! Love that image and the criss-cross bandaids on the bottom

*NanaDonna*:
great maroon card... love the rustic feel to it. Great sentiment and matting too

[DeeScraps:[/b] wow... love your wreath card in the Ad colors... look at all those pieces!

Thanks, but I cheated. The wreath is a die-cut from MFT and also comes with the small bow die that I used. It sure beats trying to glue all those little punches down. LOL

I also wanted to say that I ordered a Grand Calibur from Joann's when they had the free shipping. I didn't think they let me use the code, but they did. I will save it for Christmas. I've also wanted one for a long time but hesitated. When saw this sale I thought it was a pretty good price. (I also ordered some Mo Manning and House Mouse stamps which were 50% off. I love her stamps.) I have only used the Cuttlebug for embossing and dies, but I also got to the point that Carrottop did.....just wanted to use bigger paper. I doubt I'll buy the GC dies, but there's a new electric embossing machine out and they make BIG embossing folders for use in this machine. I think Crafters Companion sells the machine. I must have seen a video on U-tube. Also check out the Spellbinders site. They tell you what you need to use different things with the GC. I think we will need the Rasberry plate.

Dee
DeeScraps Offline
#93 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:57:04 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Here's my sketch 2. I originally had planned to use the "heart" snowflake from Home Accents, but as I showed you from the previous post... my Cricut said NO. So Spellbinders it is!

The sentiment "Holiday Cheer" is much clearer in real life but I just suck at taking pictures

Sorry you're still having trouble with your Cricut....and your photos don't "Suck." They always look great! Do I see Santa bringing you a new Cricut? The card is adorable.
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 11/30/2012(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#94 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 12:32:33 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 978 time(s) in 664 post(s)
My #4 sketch

Edited by user Friday, November 30, 2012 12:35:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#95 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 12:44:11 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps wrote:

Sorry you're still having trouble with your Cricut....and your photos don't "Suck." They always look great! Do I see Santa bringing you a new Cricut? The card is adorable.

Our local Michael's had an extended Black Friday sale for a Teal Cricut Expression 2 for $179.99 and it comes with a cartridge. I do believe there is a box by the Christmas tree with that same exact size... YIPPIE !!! Oops... wait, in case it's not... I'm not going to get my hopes up so I don't get disappointed BigGrin

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#96 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 12:45:13 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

BingoLady: Very pretty Christmas card love that background paper! I also like your new signature with your pictures
BingoLady Offline
#97 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 12:57:09 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

My Card #3 in the Ad Colors:

BingoLady Offline
#98 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 3:34:24 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Well , I'm going to try again, Since I'm afraid it is going to disapear, Iwant to
say wonderful cards ladies, And Christine I fianlly got to see your card.
I love the image it is so pretty. Love Love Love
Gisele Offline
#99 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 2:24:09 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Such beautiful creations this week! I always type my comments in Word and then paste it in.

Sue – Beautiful Precious Moments cards! So many wonderful accents – flowers, buttons, butterfly, borders and ribbon. Just beautiful!

Joyful Carol – Lovely window card for you DIL! So many different images from various carts. Great idea to use popsicle sticks to pop up the window!

Brtishgirl – Nice and clean male birthday card!

Donna – Pretty snowflake card with the green and red background paper! Love the simplicity of the “happy holidays” card with the tree background paper! Great job with Sketch #1 – the waves are a challenge but you did it so wonderfully!

Raquel – Beautiful sketch #3 anniversary card. Wonderful white frame and beautiful flowers and accents! Great interpretation of Sketch #2 – too bad your Cricut has been acting up!

Turtlebug – Great interpretation of Sketch #1! I just love that “chicken wire” folder! Stunning blue with the black! Love your Sketch #2 with all of the hearts! Great choice of paper and pretty pearl accents! Cute get well card and the real band-aid is a clever idea!

Christineramey – Pretty precious moments card! Such great details! Any young girl would love that card!

Dee – Love your wreath Christmas card in the ad colours! Great layering and antiquing of the bow and leaves of the wreath!

Bingo Lady – Beautiful Christmas card – like how you repeated the white embossing on the red frame and behind it! Cute bow accents! Pretty card in the ad colours – great layering with the flower and butterflies!

Enjoy your day!
 4 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 12/1/2012(UTC), DeeScraps on 12/1/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 12/1/2012(UTC), TurtleBug on 12/2/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#100 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 2:35:37 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Raquel - Love your bright Christmas card. You have covered 3 challenges in this one aloneBigGrin .

Bingolady - Great Christmas card for #4, love your BG paper and a nice touch adding the heart to the wreath. Also a great card for #2 nice and zesty.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 12/1/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#101 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 2:39:01 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Thought I'd add this card. I had to make two cards for guys who liked motor bikes so this is the second one. I used the same image as you can see but different papers out of the collection.

Sue
DeeScraps Offline
#102 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 10:38:53 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

I wanted to get this posted while I had a few minutes. It's sketch #3 which I made it for a male cousin, so I guess it covers the extra credit? The craft paper is by Reflections and the others are from Festive Collection by Authenique.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

DeeScraps Offline
#103 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 10:48:04 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Bingolady.... Very nice card for the Ad Colors. Lots of nice bright colors and the butterflies work great. Very nice Christmas card too, love the bows and the pretty background paper.

Dee
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#104 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 12:18:04 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AcrossThePond Go to Quoted Post

Thought I'd add this card. I had to make two cards for guys who liked motor bikes so this is the second one. I used the same image as you can see but different papers out of the collection.

Sue

AcrossthePond is that a stamp for the motorcycle guy? I ask because my parents and my brother both are motorcycle people. Lovely for a guy card for sure! The blends of colors are wonderful too! Great job!
#105 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 12:23:18 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

I'm only here for a few moments then I've got to get back to my novel that I'm working on today. Yes, I'm really writing my very first novel. Have been trying to get that accomplished for some time now! LOL! Anyways, just wanted to mention that I have sent an email to Cricut about all of our posting problems. Do you know what there response was? CHANGE YOUR BROWSER! Yep. I was so disgusted with their customer service for such a great product as Cricut is. This is just ridiculous!

Anyways, thought I'd pass on the message that I received back through a direct response from Cricut in regards to the problems we've all experienced.

I'll come back later and try to respond to everyone's post soon. Cards are looking gorgeous from what I see so far! Way to go guys! :)
Joyful Carol Offline
#106 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 2:12:26 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch #1 and a male card

The buck was cut from Disney Classics at 2 1/2"- really too small for all of the cuts, but some how I made it work. I cut the background circle smaller than the sketch to hopefully make it look like the moon. It is cut from a piece of gold poster board. I made the executive decision to change the curvy lines to a ribbon. I embossed spots on the moon and used another folder on the green background paper. I inked the base paper in brown and the dark green in gold.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Buck Birthday.jpg
Joyful Carol Offline
#107 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 3:26:34 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch #2 I am using this as an anniversary card.
The heart was cut at 2 1/2" from George and Basic Shapes cartridge.
I hot glued some lace around it and adhered some plastic doves that I bought a package full for another anniversary project. I glued some gold ribbon down the center to separate the two papers. The pearly buttons were left over from a previous project- I just cut off the shanks and glued them on.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Dove Anniversary.jpg
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#108 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 3:45:19 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

BingoLady: oooh pretty card. What embossing folder is that with all the circles? Love all the butterflies you used

AcrossThePond: very nice personalized male card. It's great to be able to reuse images isn't it? Looks almost identical to the first one... very nice job

DeeScraps:
very nice Christmas card... love the candy cane background paper you used for the bottom layer of the mat, makes a great effect

Joyful Carol:
great Christmas card... the embossing really pops out and especially that colorful trim... love that. Oh beautiful anniversary card... love those dove buttons! Great use of the lace here too

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 12/2/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#109 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 3:47:07 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
I'm only here for a few moments then I've got to get back to my novel that I'm working on today. Yes, I'm really writing my very first novel. Have been trying to get that accomplished for some time now! LOL! Anyways, just wanted to mention that I have sent an email to Cricut about all of our posting problems. Do you know what there response was? CHANGE YOUR BROWSER! Yep. I was so disgusted with their customer service for such a great product as Cricut is. This is just ridiculous!

Anyways, thought I'd pass on the message that I received back through a direct response from Cricut in regards to the problems we've all experienced.

I'll come back later and try to respond to everyone's post soon. Cards are looking gorgeous from what I see so far! Way to go guys! :)

What kind of novel? Good luck with it and keep us informed about it

That's just customer support being lazy and not really helping out Crying
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#110 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 3:49:50 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I had originally intended to make two of these cuts. As I showed you before... it was a pretty bad cut on the snowflakes but I managed to salvage this cut by covering it with glitter. Looks like the cut is pretty clean now

Here's a much more simple version of my other sketch 2 and also in the Ad colors and another Christmas extra credit... I'm basically trying to use my old ribbons

Cartridge used: Home Accents
BingoLady Offline
#111 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 6:20:55 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Ladies with all the trouble we have been having, I havn't been able to comment on
each card. I hope they fix every thing soon. To all of you wonderful cards.
#112 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 10:06:51 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
Well , I'm going to try again, Since I'm afraid it is going to disapear, Iwant to
say wonderful cards ladies, And Christine I fianlly got to see your card.
I love the image it is so pretty. Love Love Love

Bingolady. . .so happy you got to see it this time! Feeling better about this already! :)
#113 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 10:09:24 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

What kind of novel? Good luck with it and keep us informed about it

That's just customer support being lazy and not really helping out Crying

It's actually a Novella Raquel which simply means its a bit shorter than a regular novel. It's a romance with inspirational meaning in it. I can't wait till its finished. Getting along with it beautifully now. Strange just had to ditch the old version! :) LOL!

Yes, I agree that it is Cricut being lazy. It's quite rude nonetheless with such a great product that they can't get any better. Drives me nuts! :)
#114 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 10:11:03 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: Joyful Carol Go to Quoted Post
Sketch #2 I am using this as an anniversary card.
The heart was cut at 2 1/2" from George and Basic Shapes cartridge.
I hot glued some lace around it and adhered some plastic doves that I bought a package full for another anniversary project. I glued some gold ribbon down the center to separate the two papers. The pearly buttons were left over from a previous project- I just cut off the shanks and glued them on.

Joyful Carol. . .love the use of the two tone papers. Thought about doing that on one of mine and ditched it. Maybe I should try again! :)
SandyPalmer Offline
#115 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 10:39:26 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
I have been having loads of problems coming on here, but I was able to make one card, and hope it posts!
Been doing a lot of Christmas shopping, and a lot of running around! Heading back out again so I have to make this quick! Wonderful job as always Ladies!
Oh, and over at My Paper Crafting http://www.mypapercrafting.com/ they are doing the 25 Days of Christmas! Melin is giving a free digi away each day so you may want to go and check it out! The snowman digi is a free digi for today! :)

Edited by user Sunday, December 02, 2012 10:42:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
00101.jpg
 2 users thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 12/3/2012(UTC), DeeScraps on 12/3/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#116 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 11:01:10 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Dee - Great card for #3, ad colours and guy card.

Christiner - No this is a free digital image, I don't have the site sorry. Good luck with your novel.

Carol - 2 great cards, love the guy one.

Raquel - Great rescue on the snow flake.

Sandy - Just love this image, great card too.

Sue
 2 users thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 12/3/2012(UTC), DeeScraps on 12/3/2012(UTC)
#117 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 2:19:25 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

AcrossthePond Thank you. I have been working on and off for it for almost two years now. I can't tell you the number of ones I've actually ditched. . .too many to tell! But thanks for the encouragement! :)
TurtleBug Offline
#118 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:46:04 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 960 time(s) in 622 post(s)
NanaDonna
#1 and Ex. Credit - Love the color and paper design and perfect male card, too. Love how you did the center card....never did find one like in the sketch in any of the carts I have. Great card!

DeeScraps
#4 - Pretty AC card, love the way your wreath turned out. Did you use the MS fern cut? I have made wreaths with it before, but none have turned out as nice as yours. All the layering of the bow makes it look very nice. Love the BG paper, too!

Raquel
#2 - Pretty embossing, have to find me more Christmas folders, tired of my two that I have, "Snowflakes" and 'Winter Trees". Our Michael's has a sorry selection of folders and ALWAYS the same ones. Cute Snowman & Penguin and as always, pretty flowers and flourish. Your Snowflake turned out pretty after all the trouble you had cutting it!

BingoLady
#4 - Very nice!! LOVE the BG paper and the cute bows. Like the ornament stamp....do you stamp before or after embossing the cardstock. I have never tried either way, but have wondered which way works best.
#3 - Nice and bright AC card. Like the printed paper and the folder

Oh oh, my DD and DGC just came over for a visit...will be back to finish posting my commentsBigGrin

Edited by user Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:48:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#119 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 8:58:31 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

WOW!! No one else posted while I was gone.....

AcrossThePond

Second #5 - Nice how a little tweaking here and there can make a card look different. This one is very nice as well, they will both be fun to recieve.

DeeScraps
#3 & Ex. Credit - Very nice, love the candy cane border all around the card and the sheet music paper. The one ring of green color adds a nice touch.

Joyful Carol
#1 - Cute card, nice executive decision on the wavy lines, I really like the way it looks. The deep colors bring out the glow of the moon. Great card!
#2 - Very nice Anniversary card! LOVE, LOVE the lace around the heart and especially the kissing Doves.

Raquel
Second #2 - Another very nice example of changing emellishments/papers on the same sketch.
Same sketch plus different papers and embellishments equal... A variety of different cards!

SandyPalmer
I hear you on the Christmas shopping, almost done with mine. Now to start getting things ready to make the Tamales. Don't even want to think of putting up the tree, lights & decorations outside and house decorating inside!!
#2 - Cute Snowman card, love his face! You did a great job the inking. LOVE the plaid ribbon, matches his scarf, too!

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 12/3/2012(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 12/3/2012(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#120 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:21:15 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

Turtlebug....Yep, I only picked 3 colors this week because it's such a busy time. It's also one of my favorite combinations. Flapper Great job on your #1 sketch. I want that embossing folder but haven't found it in any of the local stores yet. On your sketch #2, is that P.P. on one side? Everthing matches so well. I also like that embossing folder and how you did the corners. Loved what you did with #3. That's a great image and it's so cute how you added the band-aid! Very clever.

Actually, the paper printed with hearts is from my stash of Valentine's Day papers and the flip side is white. The pink on the right is just pink cardstock I embossed with a Darice embossing folder called "Hearts". She has really neat embossing folders on-line and at a very good price. Don't know the link...I was enabled by my awesome mentor...NanaDonna, to order some!Laugh Am thinking I need to order more, especially Christmas ones. Laugh Maybe, if NanaDonna reads this she will still have the link to Darice and post it here.